Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited January 2012

Afternoon all you toned and sculpted ladies

Doing a 40 min run today and plan on doing another Zumba class Sat morning and outdoor run on Sunday.

It is good to have goals. Similar to Ruth's method I have a print out of what I have committed to that week and cross it out when complete.  I have it right in front of me at work in my cube.  Can't miss it.  So when it is not crossed out (as it wasn't a week ago) it nags at me.  The voices from here are positive. the voice that comes from the print out is a naggy George Kastansa's mother's voice and it grates.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2012

Boy, you can sure tell that I am retired, I have more time to post on threads, he,he!!!! Hey, Denise, we have warm weather here too this week, and it is causing fatigue for me, too. However, I have been off of aromasin for 2 months now, and I check my blood pressure at home frequently. My blood pressure has been lower and I went off the blood pressure meds, too. My onc did say that the aromatose inhibitors can cause flucuations in blood pressure and cholesterol levels. I was on aromasin for 6 1/2 years and told to stop. I hope you feel better. Hang in there. These meds are good at keeping the cancer away. I just came back from an hour long walk, holding 3 lb weights and swinging them until I almost hit a lady behind me. I quit swinging them. I love to walk up in Rancho Palos Verdes, breezes and view of the ocean and sometimes whales and dolphins. No bragging!!!!! Have a lovely evening, everyone!!!!!! Kathy

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2012

40 minute walk this morning and heading down this evening for another round of Zumba for Wii. Almost through all of the moderate intensity short programs..... next will be the high intensity before going to the medium length programs!!! Surprised 

Kim - great post above!

Cheryl - nice to be back (and feeling a little more like my old self!).

Chi, Q & Banba - Feel better soon!

Someone asked the differences between Sparkpeople and loseit.com...... Although I did like Sparkpeople, I find that I LOVE loseit.com!!  It takes a little effort to input some items, but once they are in, it is extremely easy to track!  LOVE how the excercise (even vacuuming!) is easy to post AND I find it great that you can have your own network of friends to keep you motivated (not to mention the badges you can earn!).  My sister, nieces, nephews and friends are all in my friends list, so we keep each other honest (mostly!).

Hope everyone has a great evening!

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited January 2012

Hello, all!

I ran my fastest 5K this morning...including my warm up of walking 2 minutes and a walking break for 2 minutes in the middle, I went 5K in under 29 minutes.  I was pleased with myself...:)

Also did my ab and strength training for 20 minutes today.

I hope you all are having a great night!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,519
    edited January 2012

I have started back on loseit too. It really makes you watch what you eat, and I love that you can 'earn' the calories back through exercise!! (Yes, I live to eat!!!!)

Banba, hope you feel better. It sounds like you do have the flu. Remember you can still get 'normal' sick during treatment.

A crazy-nice day here, so I zoomed home from school and went for a great hour long walk with my neighbor. I may do it bit of toning too before the night is over.

1-2 oz of at least 70% dark chocolate every day will help keep your blood pressure down.....really, its true, I am not making it up!!

WE ALL ROCK! Kiss

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

Hey, Ruth, please tell me the best dark chocolate bar to eat!!!! thanks, Kathy

• ruthbru
    edited January 2012

anything 70% cocoa or more...the darker the better.

• CLC
    edited January 2012

I eat a square of 85% dark chocolate every night, with a dried apricot on it for sweetness.  YUMMY!!! 

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited January 2012

Back from our Hawaii adventure! So wonderful. We saw so many humpback whales and the big island volcano. Walked forever each day. That's probably why, despite eating many more carbs than I am used to I gained no weight. YAY! Now I'm back to an organized exercise routine to start losing. Got about 10 lbs. to be at my goal weight. 

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2012

45 elliptical! All this talk of dark chocolate is getting to me! CLC - neat idea adding the dried apricot!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2012

30 minutes of toning tonight.  Had every thought of going for a walk tonight but correcting papers got in my way.  Dang papers!  

Be well

Balsie 

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited January 2012

I went to a zumba gold class this morning. It was easy going and fun. I taught my zumba class tonight, and the 9 women who came to it were fired up , and singing alot, as well as shaking their groove thing hard :O)

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2012

Kim thanks for the kick in the rear, you see I have been having a real "pity party" with myself these last few days.  Last weekend 6 of us from my gym went to another gym to do a launch class and afterwards they took a group picture and posted it on facebook, in our group the age range is 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and then me bring up the rear in the 60s well you know I don't feel my age I go to the gym every day and push myself hard but when I saw that picture I thought who in the heck do I think I am, what am I doing I'm an old lady I should just give up then I read your post and remembered why I do what I do Kiss

Banba hope you are feeling better.  Zumba I did my RPM spin class tonight and we had a big sing along, the first song of "the ride" was Lionel Ritchies "All Night Long" you just can't help singing along to that one.  Kathy isn't it amazing the number of whales this season there have been some massive pods.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2012

I was so sore from yoga and the Firm I did nothing today. BLECH. I need the voices!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2012

Heading out for a morning walk in the falling snow this morning.   My walking partner (we walk side by side Wink), is my 78 year old Mom.  I let her go at the pace she wants, and usually that is more than enough for me!!!  I am usually the one who decides that we won't walk on a particular day, because I am worried about any falls for her...... wouldn't you know it, I was the one that slipped yesterday!!

Cheryl - just keep up your routines!!  It doesn't matter what your physical age is.... it's how you feel inside!!! Obviously, the other 5 in the photo don't see you as "old" either as you travel from gym to gym....If you enjoy it (and you obviously do!) keep it up! 

Hey Misswim!!!!   Get up and at 'em!!   (Did you hear that??)

Have a great day everyone!

• Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    edited January 2012
    CLC   Hadn't really thought about that since I take stuff.  I started L-Carnitine about 2 weeks ago, which should likely do the opposite but sometimes there is an oxymoronic effect which is what I had been thinking.  I do get my VitD checked and while it isn't where I want it (42) it is in an OK range.  But thanks and I will do just that.  Q
  • Quaatsi
    Quaatsi Member Posts: 270
    edited January 2012

Dadznfused-- wow thanks-- I was a bit concerned about my heart rate because that I am getting both Taxol and Herceptin which together are nasty for the heart.  I went in for my tx two days ago and asked if that was something to be concerned about.  Doc said no.  

You know, I am just so happy that I am continuing to get outside, keep my body moving, having fun with life and a bit of the gym all through treatment. The days I cannot drag myself to the gym, I don't beat myself up, I go outside (live in AZ), hug on my horses, groom them (exercise in itself) and enjoy life as it has been given me.  I had non-hodgkins 24 years ago and that really kicked my butt. This is truly different.  

I really love this thread and the people in it-- keeping active AS MUCH AS WE CAN is so good for the soul-- mind and body!  I wish more people would read this thread, join in and feel better about themselves. Getting physically helps with perspective and  I know that I am getting through this easier because of it.  Thankyou all! Q

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2012

Add me to sick call - down for the count most of the week - no exercise, but then not a lot of eating either.  We've had a bug going around, and of course people decide that that are TOO important and will NOT stay home, so they come to work and spread their germs around.  ARRGGGHHH!  I stayed off work M-W and wasn't able to do much more than lie on the sofa and watch old reruns of "Murder She Wrote" and "Bonanza". 

We're off to the cabin this weekend - it's supposed to be sunny and in the 50's - in January(!) - so we hope to get some hiking done.  I'm finally at the point where I'm missing my exercise, so I must be feeling better.  

Sounds like you all are doing well!  Cheryl - (the other Biggest Loser fan on this thread) - the pool they showed Gayle swimming at on the last show is one of our pools - she's local.  As you can imagine, it caused quite a stir in the Rec Department to have Biggest Loser cameras tape at one of our facilities!  

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited January 2012

30 minutes of yoga today and 30 minutes of Pilates yesterday.  Had a terribly busy day at school yesterday, so feeling tired today.  Need to get back to cardio!  Hopefully, I can fit it in later on...my scale is still not budging :-(

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited January 2012

Finally got to exercising again after 4 days of nursing the flu. Did 25 minutes on the cardio wave  machine, 15 minutes weights and 5 minutes stretching. Then walked with my daughter for 20 minutes. This weekend we'll be skiing. I'll bring the TRX along for my upper body workout.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited January 2012
    My DD joined my gym and is all excited about dragging me to classes together.Lord helpmeTongue out
  • Banba
    Banba Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2012

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Still a big nauseous/headachy this morning and a little irritatetd that the nurses wouldn''t really admit that it could indeed be a side effect of the rads. Especially since the symphoms went away around the same time two days in a row. I am just fine now though, even got my apetite back :)

So many zumba ladies here - inspiring!

And I agree with having a game plan and crossing things out.

Yorkie - whales! Way cool.

Walked in the snow for 5 k's and will do a Rodney Yee dvd yoga class this evening. Have to remind myself not to get 'over heated' as I was reminded by a teacher, hot or even sweaty yoga and rads - yeah, you understand.

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

Yes, HBCheryl, it is amazing!!!! There is a group of whale watchers where we walk and they keep us updated and always tell us of a sighting when we are there up in Ranco Palos Verdes. Come and visit. All of you ladies, come and visit.!!!!!! Have a great day, everyone!!!!

• CLC
    edited January 2012

HeidiHill...what is a cardio wave machine?

NatsFan...hope you are feeling better!

Ran 30 minutes today.  Had to back off because I brought my heart rate a little too high...was trying to beat the 29 minute mark for a 5K again...but heart rate hit 174...so I backed off.  It was because I hadn't eaten and had too much coffee...bad, bad me...:)

Hope you all are doing well...

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2012

Natsfan, Hope you feel better soon!!!!! Rest and weekend away sound good. CLC, you sound like me when I have had too much coffee, he,he! Mumayan, have fun with your daughter. Yorkie, We are planning to go to Hawaii, next Sept. How exciting for you!!!! And Banba, walking in the snow, you are a trooper. We just got back from bike riding, one hour. Hope my belly is shrinking, it needs to shrink!!!!  I have to start shopping for a dress for my son's wedding. I wish you a wonderful weekend. Kathy

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited January 2012

Smart of you to back off like that, CLC. Though did you feel bad with your heart rate that high? I don't wear a HR monitor, but judge my exertion by feel. I also listen to my breathing, and evaluate how efforted I sound to myself when I run. My point is that my HR tends to go high as well, but I don't feel all worn out or out of breath. Also, my resting HR is like 48 or something, so I'm really not that concerned.

But if you felt it wasn't right for you, regardless of the numbers, it was good of you to take it down a notch or two. And yeah, I've done the no food and too much caffeine trick way too many times as well... you'd think we know better, right?

I went to buy a bra today, the same exact style and size I was wearing before my UMX, and can still fit into now. I just needed another one. So I went to Nordstrom (where I'd had a proper fitting a bit over a year ago) and asked the saleswoman to help me. When I told her I was a 32B she looked at me and said "no way, you're at least a C!" Geeze, story of my life... I told her I had been fitted and I most definitely wear a B, and no, I didn't need to try it on now. See, this is exactly why I'm having the revision surgery in six weeks, because even the PS didn't believe me when I said I was smaller than I looked, and that's why I need to have the implant switched out for a smaller one. Argh!

I'm sorry, I just had to vent about that frustration, and I figured this place was the only one with any people who'd understand. I know that has nothing to do with exercise, but I just couldn't help myself, sorry. Frown

4.64 miles today in 43:52, which comes to a 9:27 minute/mile pace. That's just about getting back to how my usual runs used to be, so I guess I'm finally getting my strength back for real after the marathon. Here's to the next six weeks or so that I get to keep it!

Thanks for listening. Have a great evening and hugs to all! 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2012

Hey all and welcome Bonnie, Susan, and Marya.  Walked 6.75 miles over the past few days.

Esther, vent away!  That's what we're here for, to help each other be healthy - mind and body. 

lol mum you crack me up.  Good luck! 

Kim, you bet I'll be your zumba buddy!  I love to dance and this is going to be great fun!  The DVD's came yesterday and I'm ready to start tonight, with the basics.

Cool TTFN Tarts!  ((hugs))

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2012

Little exercise this week; been under the weather.  Yes I went to work but mine is nothing that I can pass on, just headachy and listless.  Think it's from fasting for 3 weeks (tomorrow is the last day).  At least I am down almost 7 lbs in 3 weeks.  Plan on getting to the gym tomorrow.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2012

Gosh, I love to read everyone's posts! This is such a great thread!

Vent away, Esther. GRRRR! Yell I think this thread is about the 'whole' us; of which exercise is just a part. And it is so good to have people who really do 'get it'.

Hope all the people who are under the weather are feeling better (and that the rest of us don't catch whatever you have!).

Cheryl, it sounds like you had the same case of the 'winter blahs' that I had the other day, even in warm California. I don't think many people of any age could keep up with you. And you are gorgeous from the inside out, which is the very best way to be gorgeous!!!!

I did 45 minutes of toning with Denise Austin & 15 on the treadmill (but jacked it up really high). I'm off to a concert in a couple minutes.

Lets keep moving and have a great weekend! Ruth

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2012

Treadmill for 30 minutes tonight!  I am going to kick back and relax for the rest of the night~ 

Happy Weekend All~

Balsie