Comments

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited January 2012

PS - Great pic Ruth!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2012

Ruth love your new pic.  Did Body Step class this morning and then spent the afternoon chopping down all my rose bushes so they can rest, now my back is screaming, yard work is hard work!!!!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited January 2012

Hi girls-

Looks like everyone had a good weekend.  DH, dog and I went to the beach yesterday, gorgeous sun, long, long walk on the sand, and bought fresh crabs and sand dabs (a fish hard to explain, but a local treasure here in Nor. CA).  Did another 4 mile run this morning, church and then the grocery store.  I am so impressed by the results of the vegetable stuffing (in me, not a "vegetable stuffing") that I thoroughly cleaned out my frig, my pantry and now we are the healthy stocked family!  Lot of work though, but worth it.

Glad to hear from you Patoo and sounds like the fast was good and got you ready for the gym.  Ruth, you do look very pretty and happy in your pic.  Mary Louise, you will get your calories in line, the voices on here won't let that happen often ;)  Corrine, you will have a blast; sounds like so much fun.  

Let's gear up for the week by taking it easy for the rest of the day...right?  RIGHT!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2012

African Dance from 6-7:40 Friday and painting for about 3 hours today...getting back into it all!

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited January 2012

AnneW, if you can get over to Denver this July, you can watch what looks like a great dragon boat festival! http://www.cdbf.org/

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited January 2012

We went out for such a nice brunch that I was forced to do The Firm 500 Calorie Workout to earn some of those calories back!

I will second Kim's motion to do nothing for the rest of the day. Smile

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited January 2012

I hadn't been to the gym all week.  First week post-chemo was really a difficult adjustment, and I left my second job so I worked more than usual.  Felt great this morning and made some good progress on my I Can(too!) Haz Triathlon:

Running/walking:  2.26/8.44 total (11.56 remaining)
    Biking:  5.4/11.65 total (38.35 remaining)
    Yoga:  1.25 (8.75 remaining) (I'll be back to yoga tomorrow night)

So good to be moving again!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2012

10 mile bike ride again today! Refreshing! (It was cold out!)

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited January 2012

Sounds like everyone has been doing well!

I got my second compression sleeve on Friday and yesterday my Leslie Samson's dvd's arrived so I heeded "the voices" and did the 1 mile "get up and get started"walk. I have had fluid and swelling issues so I have to start slowly. Definitely more strenuous than a walk around the neighborhood and it felt great to get moving. This will be my first full week of school since early September so I can definitely use the energy.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2012

I wanted to share one thing before I forget. Yesterday when I was having coffee with my dad at the nursing home; a lovely 91 year old lady sat at our table. We started visiting, and she, like anyone who reaches that age, has had many things happen in her life, both happy and sad. When I asked how she has made the age of 91 with such a cheerful, upbeat attitude, her response was pretty cool; "Well dear, you make it what you want to make it."

• NWArtLady
    edited January 2012

ruthbru, I love that response! Reminds of my MIL's fav: "we're about as happy as we make up our minds to be"

I was going to slack off today, but you ladies inspired me! I got the dogs and the husband out for a late afternoon walk in the rain.  Felt so good!  Now back to homework. Tongue out

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited January 2012

Did 20 minutes on the wave runner (sounds cooler than cardio wave), 20 minutes weights, 10 minutes stretching. I'm trying to do more exercises to strenghthen my lower back and have been watching youtube videos for ideas.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2012

Feeling better!  Did a 3.1 (5K) mile run Saturday.  CLC - a sub-29 minute 5K sounds impressive - if I manage a sub-40 minute 5K I'm happy!!  

2 miles walking with Mikey yesterday, plus 2 hours of Sculpt N Clean - my kitchen absolutely sparkles!  Cool  30 minutes elliptical this morning.

And of course now DH caught my sickness and is down for the count this week.  We leave for a week in St. Kitt's on Saturday morning, so we both need to be healthy by then!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited January 2012

Woke up this morning to clear blue skies and a day that looked deceptively balmy outside.  But how of foolish of me to think that it could possibly be a warmer day!  Still have Florida on the brain.  The thermometer said 27,  so bundled up and put a hooded parka on the dog and had a lovely hour hike with her.  This afternoon tried 30 minutes of Zumba on Wii for the first time - fun but it will be a challenge to get the moves down.  And I do like how progress can be tracked. Hoping to improve my technique of 0% (!!) - how humbling.  

Hubby has a bad cold but is toughing it out.  Hoping to keep the family healthy.    

Great new pic, ruthbru!   

NatsFan  Hope that you're all healthy soon for your trip - it sounds fabulous!!   

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited January 2012

No question about it; if you are on this thread you are following Ruth's new friend's advice and making it what you are making it.  This thread is the place to be!

I'm so impressed with all of you working so hard to stay fit during chemo.  I love "watching" NancyHB's tri.  GO NANCY!

Mary, where is St. Kitt's?

Joy, Florida to Hungary must be quite the adjustment!  I wish these little thumbnail pics would show up better on here so I could see your picture more closely.

Did a 4 miler with the dog this morning, now I am off to the gym.  Gotta gear up for the week!  

Many xxs and oos

Kim 

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2012

Good morning, everyone, Hope everyone had a great weekend. Yes, Ruth your friend's advice is priceless. Hey, I need some advice, I have been exercising like a fiend for over 3 months, but not losing the weight. Any advice on a great diet or nutritional routine. I am taking the lowest dose of Lexapro, for hot flashes and anxiety. The reason being that when I stopped taking my aromasin in November, the anxiety and hot flashes started again. I have tried everything. Hey, is it really true that muscle weighs more than fat,I think I have lots of muscle,ha,ha!!!! Thanks so much for listening and any advice would be appreciated. Did an hour long bike ride yesterday and 30 minute walk. Today, taking a long walk again. Have a great day, Kathy

• julie75
    julie75 Member Posts: 295
    edited January 2012

Hi, Everyone:

I haven't posted in quite some time, but looks like everyone is very active!

Ruth:  Like your new picture!

Sandee:  We haven't PM'd in some time; I'll send you one.

Hello to Everyone Else . . . 

Am running 4.5 to 5 miles 6 times/week and still do much weight resistance training at night.  The website I stood up for our nonprofit breast cancer group is getting more and more attention, which is always exciting.

HUGS, and hope Everyone is basically doing well.

Julie

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited January 2012

Afternoon all--

Impressive weekend activity here! 

Did 30 min on the treadmill yesterday, plan on doing another 30 today.

Tomorrow and Wednesday will try to get outside for a run as it is to be in the upper 40s/lower 50s.

I won't be able to do anything on Thursday or Friday, but plan on going for a long run on Saturday morning.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited January 2012

Ran 11 miles today. I'm signed up for a 5k race the weekend after next, but I'm contemplating doing a 4-mile race this Sunday as well. I figure I better get it all in now before my surgery and I have to start back at square one all over again.

• mamaoftwo
    mamaoftwo Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2012

Hi everyone, I'm new here and am happy to see there's a lot of runners on this thread. 

I'm curious if anyone who is on Arimidex finds you're getting more injuries?  I started Arimidex in July 2011 and then had a running injury (ligament left of the knee), and now am back to running but have an ache my shoulder from swimming.   I have never had either of these injuries until this year.  I am curious if there might be a link with Arimidex.

• NWArtLady
    edited January 2012

Walking the dogs, walking the dogs!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2012

Hi everyone!

Glad to see you back Julie.

Welcome mamaoftwo. I don't know about any link to injuries and Arimidex (which I am on...but I don't do anything strenuous enough to get injured Tongue out).

Mary, get that DH healthy for the vacation! How long will you be gone?

Kathy, try www.loseit.com which is an awesome, easy and free way to track your calories, weight, nutrition and a whole lot more...plus you get calories back by exercising!

Did the next workout in my new FIRM DVD. Pump, Jump and Jab.....55 minutes of kickboxing and weights. Pretty fun.

Great job runners, walkers, dancers, hikers, shovelers.........

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2012

Thanks so much, Ruth!!!!

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited January 2012
    Ruth, watching the zumba info mercial, only counts if you did a few moves with them while you were watching Laughing but watching it is a great start.
  • ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited January 2012

2nd day of walking with Leslie Sansone and I sure am feeling some new muscles wake up. DH did part of it with me which made it even more fun!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2012
    Hi everyone, two classes for me tonight Body Pump and then Body Combat, there was lots of squats and lunges in both classes so I know my legs are going to feel it tomorrow.  Kathy you need to add weight training as well - and sorry to burst your bubble - a pound is a pound be it muscle or fatLaughing I have to say with all of the exercising I do I haven't budged the scale and I have been eating healthy and smaller portions, yes I still have my cookies with my cup of tea at night and I won't give that up but I figure I'm doing well cause one of the Letrozole/Femara side effects is weight gain.
  • heidihill
    edited January 2012

Exercise class for me today with a lot of lower back routines. It's a class for 50+. If I'm good today I'll have maintained my weight this week even after having some of hubby's birthday cake.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2012

good morning friends and welcome mamaoftwo.  Hey Julie!  I walked yesterday at lunch and had yoga class last night.

Kathy, I've been limiting carbs and just borrowed "The Glycemic Index for Dummies" from the public library.  Can't eliminate carbs altogether but I can avoid the ones that spike the blood sugar.  I'm not diabetic but my dad was and my brother is.  It's really helping to avoid white foods - white flour, white rice, potatoes - and also gluten.  I'm not losing weight fast but I'm losing steadily, another half-pound since Friday!

Got to go get ready for work so have a great day everyone.  If I can only make it to one place on BCO, I come here.  You ladies are the best!  ((hugs)) to all

• heidihill
    edited January 2012

True that a pound is a pound, but a pound of muscle looks better than a pound of fat.Smile It also fits better, so it must be denser! Or maybe my bones are denser!!

Badger, I can't believe how far you've walked! Keep on walking!

I bought a Wii just to do Zumba. My daughter is really happy!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited January 2012
    All the squats and lunges flare up my knees so | have to walkthrough those segments of the classes. Yesterday I just stuck to the machines for an hour.Tongue out