Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2012

45 Minutes Zumba for Wii tonight.  My daughter tucks the controller in the front pocket of her jeans. 

Have a great trip Mary!! Wish I was going to be walking on a beach!!!  Not minding the mild winter at ALL though!

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited February 2012

Just a quick jaunt with the dog and 20 minutes strength training...  tomorrow I will try a longer run (an hour????)  Good evening to you all!

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2012

Dog walking + one round of the firefighters' stairs!

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

Dear NatsFan, what is it about those great firefighters?? Have a great time on you're trip!! Did lots of yard work today!!!!! Good night everyone!!!! Kathy

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2012

have fun, Mary!

Headed to the athletic club tonight right after work and walked for an hour.  I met my goal of 2,000 miles (woo-hoo) so will increase the goal to 2,500 miles.  It's time for the late news so will watch that and turn in.  Good night!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited February 2012

Going to IKEA tomorrow with a girlfriend.  It is a big store and I will do lots of walking so that will be my exercise tomorrow.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited February 2012

Sherry- I love Ikea. You will get some walking in for sure.

I made it through my first 5 day work week only to catch the stomach bug going around school. No Lesley Sansone for me today. Sure hope this passes quickly!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited February 2012
    Yesterday I managed to lock my keys in my car  DOIII. My DD had to rescue me so we missed our step class but we still worked out together just did the machines and weights.Will find out my bone scan results at my followup appt end of the month.Life is too short to worry so instead i will start a countdown to my cruise trip.Cool
  • Banba
    Banba Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2012

Ginger Sherry - Having too many traumatic experiences with IKEA, being Swedish and all and growing up with the Kamprad concern, I am happy you enjoy the shopping. It sure is enough excercise.Laughing

90 minutes fast walk through the snowy woods to get out of the cold.

Short but sweet Ashtanga class and now a horseback ride.

Did my 8th rad on friday and am enjoying the weekend, far away from the hospital.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2012

Did Day 3 of pilates challenge, and 20 minutes of ballet-themed jump board on the reformer.  

It's snowing a lot - 4 inches so far and more expected tonight and tomorrow.

Ginger48   Hope you're feeling better soon.   

badger  Congrats on 2,000 miles - quite an accomplishment!  

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2012

Hour long advanced vinyasa flow yoga class this morning. I drove a half hour to make a 6:15 a.m. class and I got WHOOPED! Just walked all around our town square area for an hour with my DH. Relaxing the rest of the day!

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2012

Ladies,

I am one of those who believe that any form of strenuous housework should be counted as exercise.

Today, Saturday too, I was so weak in bed that I didn't know how to get up to even get a drink of water. After quite a while, I managed to get up and thought, I'll just pop down, (yeah - more like trudge) and start a new laundry so it doesn't pile up on me and say hi to my husband on his way out...

when...

one of our two VERY bad australian shepherd/border collie sheepdogs  -who KNOW better- grinned (yep, sheepishly, too) at me while the other one hid. Who know WHO of these siblings did it, the boy or the girl, but one peed right in the middle of my kitchen floor. And they are house trained and two years old and my husband had just taken them out too.

Of course, the floor is slanted toward the wall...where there is furniture...so it was under the table and...

Of course, husbands don't know how to clean up peed floors. (I know, sexist, but in my experience, it is a missing skillset.) They try, but they only seem to push it around and make a bigger mess. And, I needed him to go to work. (Cancer has been extrememly expensive and those are also the facts.)

It is now four hours later and I have two dogs confined to their kennels, a VERY clean, disinfected kitchen - the whole thing -complete with moved furniture, disinfected chair and table foot and legs, you know, the once-you-start-you-keep-til-it's-done-the-whole-salami-kind-of-job... and I am just out of the shower myself...

$$%&*&(*())(()_^%$#

My exercise for this day is Done!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited February 2012
    According to loseit.com, you burn 125 calories for one hour of house-cleaning; (an interesting side note; only 31 calories for an hour of 'active/vigorous sexual activity'....just in case you are keeping track Tongue out).
  • truebff
    edited February 2012

I'll take the hour of 'active/vigorous sexual activity' anytime over housework. To hell with the calories. Less = More, right? Right!!!

Why did I send that man to work anyway?

• badger
    edited February 2012

truebff, I'm with you!  Reminds me why it's good to feel sleek. Wink

20 mins a.m. yoga and I'll get in a walk outside today.  It's sunny and I'm craving fresh air.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  ((hugs)) to all

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited February 2012

Truebff you are awesome.  When i was in chemo I would have looked at the dog pee and walked away.  Hope you are resting now.

Question... I have been doing upper arm exercises as they are shown in an exercise book for women with doubler mastectomy with implants.  I thought I was doing ok in the strength department.  But.. I just had the opportunity to try a chin up bar and I couldn't hold myself for a second.  I have never had alot of upper body strength but this was ridiculous.  Not one body part from my hands all the way to my upper back responded with any sign of strength.  Does anyone know what type of exercise builds up that part of the body ?  Would it be push ups ? 

• fmakj
    edited February 2012

65 minutes Zumba for Wii....actually enjoying this excercise!

Then....Pooper scooped the yard (we have a big yard, and a big Black Lab!).  Another variation of Scoop and Sculpt!!  Don't think I have EVER gone out this early in the year for this, AND saw a few open flower dandelions in the grass!!! Can you BELIEVE it??

Push ups are good for arms and chest, just watch that you start slowly!!!  Arm curls with free weights (or soup cans, water bottles etc...)  I am working mainly on my cardio and then will change it up a bit when we get closer to spring and add in the toning.... (I tend to not enjoy the toning as much and quit altogether!)

• fmakj
    edited February 2012

Congrats Badger on the 2,000 miles!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2012

Way to go, badger! I'll join you for the next 500 miles (hear the whistle blow?) I did 55 minutes in the gym. Was too late for the zumba class. Ran 8 minutes on the treadmill, or a minute more than yesterday.

My lungs do not like the cold weather, so hats off to you, banba!

• truebff
    edited February 2012

JFV,

I am VERY AFRAID of the chin up bar.  You must be very, very brave. Smile

• badger
    edited February 2012

Thanks ladies, and you're on Heidi!  I just walked to the food co-op and back so logged 1.7 mi.

The 200-meter oval track at the athletic club is open from 3-9, but I'm feeling nap-ish right now.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012

No comment on the chin up bar, but a couple months ago, I did a test on the bathroom counter by attempting to prop up my body weight with my arms. I couldn't even lift part of my body weight, I was so discouraged... well I just tried it now, and while it wan't the greatest effort, I was able to hold my wieght, so I'm quite pleased! Just past six months and upper body strength is finally back! So I guess it was a good decision that I finally stopped my physical therapy this week. Oh, I'll be back there in about a month and a half or so, after my next surgery March 5, but for now, I'm finally free and clear!

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2012

1 1/2 hours of rowing in a dragon boat! The sunrise was beautiful and we could see both Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker from Lake Washington. An amazing morning.

I need to figure out something to wear between my arm and armpit 'cause the rowing is agitating the area where I get radiated. Any suggestions?

Chin-up bars! Boy, I haven't tried one of those since middle school! Tongue out  You ARE brave!

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited February 2012

63 minutes of running...20 minutes walking with dog...  I just love the weekend!!!:)

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited February 2012

I am loving this weekend too.  Great dinner last night with friends. But before dinner did 30 of outdoor running with the husband.

Today did an hr Zumba class with another friend.

Tomorrow, I will try to fit in a 20-30 min run, but I don't think I will have the time.  I have to be up and out the door with my kids by 5:30am for a wrestling tournament, and I don't expect that we will be back until 3.  Which is the same time that we are supposed to be at a SuperBowl party. But I will try.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2012

Fmakj, Zumba for Wii?? Hmm. I have a Wii - what program has Zumba?? 

Too rainy to cycle, so 50 minutes elliptical! 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

Was a little late so only made the last 40 mins of zumba class this morning.  Then did 55 mins walk/run on treadmill.  Of course wiped all that out (clocked 5.5 miles on pedometer today) with pizza and wings.  Oh well!  Hope to get back over to the gym tomorrow after church.  Maybe do an hour in the pool and some upper body on the machines.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited February 2012
    An old hour long FIRM tape, "Complete Aerobics and Weight Training", now off for a night of basketball watching!
  • Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited February 2012

Yawning as I'm typing-another gorgeous and totally out of season day here in Nor Cal and we went for another long walk on the beach with the crazy dog and our friends.  Beautiful but boy I'm tired now from the hike and the walk and the week.  It's only 3:17 and I feel like I could go to bed right now!

ZZZZZZZZZ

Kim 

• Deb720
    Deb720 Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2012

Too cold to go for a walk outside today.  But I did 45 minutes on the treadmill.  I also took my daughter shopping for a new dress that she needs for her state student council and did the grocery shopping.  That's got to count for something!