Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2012

Wow, 2000 miles! Awesome!  I love walking vacations, the kind where you walk the earth but have a real bed and dinner and bathroom at the end of the day :-D.  (most days anyway) Have gone to Sedona, The Grand Canyon, North Carolina ocean, the upper peninsula. 

In the UP, there is a somewhat remote 30 day walk (based on 10 miles a day I think) along Lake Superior that I would just love to walk. I'd need someone to drop me off and pick me up at the points each day, a place to sleep, and a walking partner who knows what to do if we see a bear (!!) (run!!). 

Oh this IS good! I am daydreaming about walking all day again someday. Thanks Badger, for the inspiration!

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited February 2012

Still getting in 3-5 hours of intense Pialtes each week. Haven't tried running since I jacked up my hip a couple weeks ago, but have done brisk treadmill walking at a high incline--that poops me out for sure! And spin class, though that hurts my hip a little. Should have gone out snowshoeing this weekend--we got a huge dump here. But sometimes it's about staying warm with a good book!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2012

Cheryl, give Eduardo extra luscious looks for me..... I am blowing off Rick and the hot yoga tonight. Have a headache that just won't quit. Looking forward to a few more miles with Leslie in the a.m. and hot yoga tomorrow.

Esther, I have those moments in yoga where I keep telling myself- I won't cry- but the positions bring things to the surface, and I always feel better when I just get it out.

I have to tell you all I had a very moving experience yesterday in my yoga class. I walked in to the class, only to see a friend (well, not sure if should call her that) that I turned on to yoga about 18 months ago when she was going through a tough time. Our kids were close, and she was one who promised to be there for me through my bc ordeal. Well, she wasn't. I literally saw her once after my surgery in may and yesterday was the first time I laid eyes on her in months. There I am, with my short short hair, 40 pounds lighter, with my silicone chest. She looked at me and her face just fell. I said hello, found my space, and started to warm up. I noticed she was staring at me, tears in her eyes, lips quivering. Part of me felt that she did not deserve another word from me, but I thought about the fact that there we were, in yoga, where we constantly are reminded that we can't change the past, and the future is uncertain, so LIVE in the now. I walked over to her mat, kneeled down, and embraced her. She was hysterically crying, apologizing for her behavior, and I just told her, stop crying, it is ok, I accept your apology. I don't honestly believe she deserved my forgivness, but I gave it, and I was VERY proud of myself for putting my yoga practice into action.

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited February 2012

Thanks hbcheryl~  I do feel better, but sent more kids home today fro school.  I feel bad for them having to get up and get ready and feel that bad.  

Treadmill tonight

Be Well all

Balsie 

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited February 2012

WOW  missswim you did an amazing thing~ I too have a friend like that but she still has not contacted me and I haven't run into her and I have always wondered what I would do.  You are a good example to all of us.  Thank you for the life lesson.

Balsie 

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited February 2012

I did it. I signed up and registered for the Chicago marathon.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012

misswim, your post made me cry. Here's a hug to you as well.

Corinne, woohoo!!! I can't wait to hear all about your training, everything! Oh man, I'm crying again... 

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited February 2012

misswim...thank you for sharing your story...and your generous spirit...forgiveness is a tough one...

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2012

misswim, what a moving story, thanks for sharing.

btw, a lot of my sisters, here in this thread, seem to be doing soooooo much and it makes me worry about you a little, and so I am hoping, if you are pushing it, that you will be gentler with yourselves because a little goes a long way, really, and it is sooo good and important to be good to yourselves on this journey especially.

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited February 2012

Swim. You're a good egg.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

misswim, great story.  And, whether she deserved to be forgiven, her instant reaction seems to show that it has been on her conscience, even if she didn't realize it until seeing you.  So happy that you took the high road; I think you also gained some peace.

CorinneM1, good for you!  When is the Chicago marathon?

Kindergarten, which Leslie DVD has jogging?

Did 1 hour aquacize class this evening and trying to motivate myself to add Leslie Sansone DVD.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2012

Swim, you have a very generious spirit. She didn't desrve it (what a crappy way to behave). But acutally the forgiveness you gave her is more a gift to yourself. You let it go - no carrying that negative energy inside you. Good for you. I have heard others have similar situations with crappy friends through these experiences. Some people are most excellent and others are cowardly or I don't know what. 

My cold is gone! Yay! 45 on the elliptical tonight... tomorrow I am hosting ~15 women and I am mostly ready - but not sure I'll be exercisting tomorrow...

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited February 2012

This is bringing tears to my eyes too! 

Thank you for sharing, misswim. I think that people have their own 'baggage' and respond more from their own fears and insecurities than anything else. I was amazed how some people, who I thought would be there weren't, and some others who had been just casual friends really were truely my lifelines.

Congratulations on signing up the the race, Corinne! When is it?

Cheryl, DS was a crazy Star Wars fan, so I know every plot twist and character. Not long ago I was sitting next to a little boy at a wrestling match. He was about 5 years old, there watching his brother and carrying a Star Wars toy, so we started talking about Star Wars and he was astounded and very impressed that this lady (old enough to be his grandmother) knew so much about Darth Vadar and friends. Cool

Speaking of crying; I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then got sucked into watching The Voice (because a girl from North Dakota was a contestant), so now it is 9:20 and I still have to go do 30 minutes of something else....maybe floor work.....so I can exercise and lie down at the same time.

Great work everyone!!!!! We are AWESOME!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2012

African dance on Friday , walking arond the market Saturday and a flow class tomorrow am!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2012

Thanks so much ladies. I am so glad to have you all.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

Dear Misswim, your wonderful story has made me want to pay it forward, thank you!!! Hi, Patoo, I don' t have the Leslie DVD. I was jogging in our old neighborhood, because it was cold, and I was in a hurry to get home, he,he!!!!! Sleep well, everyone!!!!! Kathy

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited February 2012

Did a nice, peaceful pilates sculpt DVD.

Much love to you all! Ruth

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2012

Wonderful story misswim; something to keep in mind and heart. Thank you for sharing.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2012

hi ladies, love coming here, love you all!  misswim, great story and so inspirational, it brought tears to my eyes. truebff, I'd would be very happy to walk the lakeshore with you, all I need is a month off work lol.  Didn't walk at lunchtime yesterday, as I ate my salad at my desk so I could leave early for yoga class.  But I logged 2.35 miles just walking around the office.  I am at a plateau weight-wise so I'm going to have to kick it up a notch exercise-wise.  Have a wonderful day everyone!  ((hugs))

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2012

Misswim - lovely story.  It brought tears to my eyes too!

Springtime - There are 2 Zumba for Wii.  I have the Zumba 2.  I am pretty sure that both boxes come with a belt that you wear around your waist that holds the controller.  It is great, cause I don't think I would be able to have as much fun in a classroom setting with all the eyes in the room! 

Well haven't been on over the week end and come back to being 3 pages behind!!  What an active thread (and the people in it!).

Upped my Zumba for Wii to the full length class (approximately 1 hour in length).  Wow did that feel wonderful when I was done.  Too bad I don't have an hour every day for this.  However, I have been keeping up my morning hour long walks and it has been great being able to wear my running shoes and not have to worry about snow and ice!

• orangemat
    edited February 2012

Today's schedule is fasting bloodwork as prep for my upcoming surgery, then running intervals at the track with a GF. In the afternoon, I go for my first post-DX mammogram. Can't believe it's just been a year since my initial diagnosis. Seems like I've been living with this for so long already. Good thing I've been running and exercising for much longer. :)

Have a lovely day, all! 

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited February 2012

misswim, thanks for sharing that. I read a good back back in 2002 when I was first diagnosed--it was called "Angels and Bolters." Some people, for whatever reason, simply cannot be there for you when you are ill. It paralyzes them to the core. I had a friend like that, but I accepted it. As soon as I got through treatment, she was there. Cancer freaks her out, and who was I to tell her to get over it. I haven't been in her shoes...

You did the right thing by letting go of that and embracing her. You have taught her more than you know, about herself and about moving forward. If she goes through this, you'll be there for her, no question.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2012

missswim    Tears in my eyes after reading your beautiful post.  You have a huge heart, to help someone else in that situation.   I'm inspired to be more compassionate to those that have let me down.   Thanks for sharing.  

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited February 2012

Wow I am now thinking twice about reconnecting with friends I lost after DX.Thanks ladies.

Yes i am going to the gym today I played hooky yesterday.Innocent 

• Sandeeonherown
    edited February 2012

Haven't been on this thread for awhile but it was excellent timing as a pal who jumped ship pre-radiation contacted me for a coffee date...I said yes and felt hesitant....she has disappeared...one who sees you and says 'hey..why haven't you called?' instead of, 'lets get together. I will call you"....but anyhow...we will see what she is all about...she used to call when she had a problem....not sure if this is the same as that or not....but willing to open the door again.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2012

Misswim your post brought tears to my eyes, I imagine she was shaking because she was afraid and ashamed of herself, your selfless act of kindness will have more of a ripple effect than you know.

Last night I did two classes, Body Pump and Body Combat, I love these classes with Eduardo and there were only two of us in the Pump class so we had one on one training with him, amazing how he just moves your foot half an inch and there is a difference in the way your muscles feel and he would explain how if you were doing the move correctly how the muscle group you were working should feel, I'm going to miss my twice a week with him after this week I'll be going back to once a month Cry

Okay story of caution here - my friend has been doing 30 day hot yoga challenge but she kept complaining about ow my back hurts but kept pushing and going each night cause in the hot room she felt great, well on Friday she ended up in the ER having a cat scan, turns out to be muscle strain but so bad that she can't walk but a few steps at a time and is now spending her days laying on a heating pad, so if we injure ourselves we must stop and not "push through the pain".

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2012

Did Day 6 of pilates challenge, and 20 minutes of ballet jump board on the reformer.  Feeling good.

NWArtLady  The x-country skiing is a treat - I am able to get out maybe 3 times a year, and have to re-learn the technique to get into the groove again every year.    We had more snow yesterday and continue to have cold temps, so this weekend we can hopefully get out again!   Alas, my doggie is not fond of the snow, so we'll wait for milder temps to get her out again.

fmakj    Woohoo on the full length Zumba class!  I've done the medium length class, and that is a heart pumper!   

• orangemat
    edited February 2012

9.41 miles running this morning, followed by a clean mammogram report. It's truly a good day today. :)

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502
    edited February 2012
    hbcheryl , good to remind us all of that. Indeed, respect your body! Listen to what it is saying.

Stay fit, but healthy. 

To health,

Your Mods 

• Sandeeonherown
    edited February 2012

Cheryl- thanks for the warning!