Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited February 2012

Patoo--The Chicago Marathon is in October.  Want to join me?  :)

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited February 2012
    45 minutes on the treadmill and an old Buns of Steel tape.
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

HA!  We'll talk about it when we meet in Orlando  Innocent By then I will have come up with an excuse why I can't. 

Went to the gym tonight intending to put in a good walk/run but only did upper body work on the machines and left  Place was so packed.  Glad when the 20-sumtings get their bikini bodies back and stop looking cute and taking up air at the gym!

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2012

2 miles of fast walking and 1 lap of the firefighters' stairs with the pups and husband this morning; then a beautiful dragon boat rowing workout on Lake Washington in the dark under a full moon after work tonight.  Breathtaking.

Life is so good.

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2012

Wow, NWArtLAdy, so inspiring and romantic. What kind of art do you do?

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2012

walked/ran 2 miles yesterday. badger, wait for me!Wink 18 minutes running out of 35 minutes on the treadmill.

orangemat, congrats on the clean mammo! and on almost 10 miles! 

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2012

9o minutes very, very vigorous hot yoga. Feeling pretty sore today. I have been fighting a cold which is taking alot out of me. I have a bit of fever this morning. Going to try to work a bit today but I see an early day in my future.

Oh, and by the way, my crying friend who I forgave and embraced in yoga on Sunday........ well, saw her last night, as she was leaving spin and I was going to yoga. And suprise, surprise, she barely smiled at me and kept on going.

At least I know my karma is all good and hers will be a big fat BITCH (pardon my french!).

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012

We can only do what we know is right; how others respond is out of our control. No matter what how she acts, you did the right thing misswim......her loss!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited February 2012

missswim like the other ladies I have had many friends jump ship on me during this BC journey.  You have done the right thing.  I have been unable to embrace those who hurt me that way.  You are right your karma is totally good.  Sounds like the woman has many many emotional problems and is embarassed that she let down her guard and admitted (not verbally) her mistake to you.  Now she must protect herself from you because yu know her weakness.  Just doing armchair psychlogy here.

Not so great in the exercise department.  Must focus on learning to work in exercise no matter what.  I think that will be by new goal somehow. 

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012

JVF, I agree with your "armchair psychology" assessment of misswim's friend. She's just trying to protect herself now, by returning to be distant, though what she's protecting herself FROM is a mystery to me... probably from FEELING anything too deeply, I'd assume. Gotta love the power of that armchair, eh? Smile

Ran 3.8 miles with some acquaintances I don't normally run with. Two are typically slower than me, and one is an ultramarathoner who runs with them socially. I wanted a nice and easy paced run, which is why I joined up with this group this morning to begin with. The ultramarathoner and I started chatting, and next thing I knew, we had lost the other two behind us. I don't know, but when I run with a group, we adjust our pace to stay together, no matter how fast we're actually capable of running. I did point out that we'd left the rest of the group behind us, but this woman didn't seem to care... nor slow down. I just thought that was odd, ya know? To each their own, on their own, I suppose...

I might go to yoga tonight, but it's so hard to go out for the later evening classes. If only there was a noontime Anusara class in my area... 

Have a lovely day, my friends! 

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited February 2012

Wow, I missed a couple days and some profound posts on here!

I agree with JFV too; sounds like Missswim's "friend" is running scared.  The biggest lesson to take away is "Do we do this in other ways to other people"?  I have a good friend, 58 years old, who has Alzheimers.  She was dx'd two years ago, right at my bc cancer dx.  I couldn't reach out then, but I am now.  Her husband quit his job and has been overzealous is sheltering her-it's hard to get in.  Tomorrow he agreed to let me take her to lunch-turns out he is just so afraid that she'll get hurt in the bathroom (she forgets where she is); she'll eat something  wrong; she'll get upset if she has an accident...and he said that most people are just not up for the work it takes to "mind" her.  Well, that was sobering and gave me perspective on his situation and why he was so withdrawn.

Sometimes we are afraid we will do something to upset someone and we are ashamed.  It's hard to meet someone's eyes if we have let them down and it's most difficult to forgive ourselves.

We are so lucky to have this group of women who know how much we need our friends that understand.  Sadly I don't think people ever really get it until it happens to them.  I know that is true for me.  

I read a book once, "Still Alice" about Alzheimers.  There is a line in the book where the woman afflicated says, "As horrible as it seems, I wish I would have been dealt a cancer diagnosis instead of this.  At least I would have had some chance, not this certain slow and agonizing to all around me judgement."  That line slapped me in the face.  Then when my very young friend got this, I really understood it.

I guess my rambling point is that there will always be people that are afraid; we all know how scary this disease is.  And I can see it in those around me who look the other way when I talk anything about breast cancer.  My mother was the very worst, telling me, "I never thought you would die before me."  To move on, I had to forgive her.  It was hard, and she still does stuff like that, but I just tell myself I must keep my mind focused on my God and on the joy of the life I have.  And it ain't easy.  I find myself judging and getting mad all the time, so I know I need to work harder at it.  

Whew!  Very emotional stuff, this life of ours!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2012

misswim    You have taken the high road and should be really proud of that.  

ruthbru   Buns of Steel!  - an oldie but goodie.   Laughing

dazdnfused   I also read "Still Alice" - quite a profound book.  I didn't remember the quote about cancer, but it rings so true, doesn't it?   

Did 45 minutes of Zumba Wii and am getting to the point of really enjoying it, not just doing the white-girl-can't-dance jig.  

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012

I read 'Still Alice', and that is the page I flagged too....I remember the character with early onset Alzheimer's saying 'at least it (cancer) would be something I could fight'....definitely hit me and gave me a new perspective.

Must exercise and do homework!

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2012

Hard to do, but today is one of my (2 days a week) days off from aerobics and I still got on the scale to see what was what. (Brave after supper bowl!)

It wasn't bad. It was better to know than not to know. Will keep my monthly goal for end of the month.

But, ladies, we also need our days off too!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2012

Got in a nice walk at lunchtime and was going to hit the track later, but Heidi I'll wait for you.  Had a tamale for lunch so will have a healthy salad for supper, then pop in a zumba DVD after a bit. 

Big bright full moon was stunning this morning!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012

As I left for my 4pm haircut appointment, I threw my yoga mat bag into the car so I'd have no excuses not to go to the 6pm class right afterward. The hair salon is 5 minutes from my house; the yoga studio, at least a half hour. So you can see why I might be loathe to get in the car on a cold, dark and dreary winter late afternoon and fight with rush hour traffic... but not this time! Went to class and it was wonderful. Did an assisted forearm balance (guess my shoulder's not so sprained after all) and revolved triangle. Twists and arm balances both open the heart, well at least they do in this sort of practice, and that was just what I've been needing. 

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2012

Mary Louise, I gotta get me some of that Zumba for Wii!! 

Swim, hmmm. LOL, I'm with you on the Karma!

90 min Yoga class. Excellent. !!! 

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

We are closing on our house tomorrow!!! We will miss our friends here!!!!Bittersweet but anxious to get back to our sons and a normal exercise routine again and better eating habits. Misswim, you definitely took the high road and should be proud of yourself!!!!!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

Missed zumba class tonight.  Actually missed the gym tonight.  Really just missed exercising today altogether.  Coworker ticked me off this morning and the day has just been downhill since then.  Ate all the 'wrong' stuff and was very moody, teary actually at times.  Happily I never let myself stay down so hopefully will be back to myself tomorrow, eating better and some sort of exercise after work. 

Night friends.

• misswim
    edited February 2012

Revolved triangle is a favorite of mine, Esther. I always feel it in my waist the next day. We did it last night in class and I am so very sore!

Got the a-ok to start using light weights again, so I got back to my beloved Firm series tonight. 45 mins ultimate fat burning and then 20 mins pilates.

• misswim
    edited February 2012

Esther- yay for the clear mammo, by the way!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012

30 treadmill & 30 FIRM toning DVD. Misswim, we can be FIRM together Smile.

Sending you a hug, patoo!

• misswim
    edited February 2012

I have missed it since my last surgery, Ruth! I was so happy to sweat and lift my little weights!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012

I know; I was so happy when I could start doing them again. No other exercise series is quite the same.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2012

Body Pump and Body Combat classes tonight but  I am soooooo tired I think I'm going to have an ealy night which is unheard of for me.  Patoo you need me to fly to NJ and "use my skills" on your coworker cause you know we are all for one and one for allLaughing

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2012

Yoga this morning - not a workout kind, just a quiet, lovely way to start the day.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2012

50 minute walk yesterday and 30 minutes of Wii fit plus.  Forgot how fun that game is too!! 

Hugs to all who need one!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2012

fmakj, I find myself doing the Wii Fit and Sports more than the Zumba. I try to compete against my daughter. The one that really gets my heart racing is the swordfight marathon! I haven't managed to win one yet.

Thought I'd give my knee a rest so did the wave runner and cycling for 30 minutes, no treadmill yesterday. Will get back on today, badger. Thanks for waiting!

• misswim
    edited February 2012

30 minutes Walk Strong with weights with Leslie Sansone. I used 5 lbs and I either jogged when they were walking or put a jumo in my kicks and side steps. I got a WORKOUT. Drenched.

75 min hot yoga class tonight!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited February 2012

Patoo~  Hope all is better....sometimes at work it can get crazy and it is true everything sort of goes down hill for a bit....glad you picked yourself up!  : ) 

Hope everyone has a great day!  

Be Well

Balsie