Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited February 2012

Thanks for all your well wishes ladies~ 

Ginger88 I totally know how busy you are at school.  My sister works in that program and she is wiped out and isn't dealing with what we are.  So I can just imagine how you feel.  My husband helps me out alot at home .... thank God for that.  

Does dreaming of working out count?  

Be Well

Balsie 

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited February 2012

20 minutes strength and abs, 28 minutes running, 20 minutes hiking with dog...  Wasn't quite the big workout I planned...just too run down and fighting off another cold...  Looking forward to when I have my immune system back up to full strength...:)

Hope this post finds you all well!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

Not even going to pretend to do any exercise today.  So happy it's the weekend cause that's when I get my best workouts.  Have breakfast tomorrow at church and then will head over to the gym for a workout.

Night my sculpted friends.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2012

hi ladies, I fell asleep on the couch last night so didn't post at all yesterday.  Walked 3.6 miles between yesterday & today.  The indoor track is open until 10 tonight so I'm headed there to get in a nice long walk.  These short walks during the day are good, but it's like driving your car short trips around town; it takes a highway cruise to burn off the carbon.  Have a good weekend!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2012

I did Cardio Sculpt Fusion by the Firm this morning. Going to do some restorative yoga tonight. I am 100% not making the 40 minute drive to go to 6:15 am  yoga on saturday. Gave it the ol college try the last few saturday mornings, I instead plan to sleep in and hit a new 8:00 am Anusura yoga class 5 minutes from my house. Dealing with an inner ear infection, I found out today, so I am taking it easy!

Watching movies and doing homework. my boys are doing a ski weekend so it is me and the dog watching movies!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited February 2012

Hope you are doing OK, balsie!

Ginger, hope you can have a weekend of doing nothing at all! I teach special education at the middle school level, so know the crazy pace of the day (plus all the $%@ paperwork!) it entails.

Good luck on your race, orangemat.

Did 30 minutes on the treadmill, am sitting here during nothing now, but will go back downstairs & do something more in a couple minutes.

• misswim
    edited February 2012

Mom2JJ- I forgot to say, you are AWESOME. If I had even tried to walk 5 miles on the treadmill during chemo, I would have been on the floor, passed out. You are amazing!

Ruth, I shyed away from the fanny lifter this morning, but it will come out at some point this weekend!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2012

Did my spin class last night and tonight went for a massage and now I'm feeling ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Kim you are wicked, next time Eduardo sets us up for a roundhouse kick and says open up your hip I'm going to be thinking of youWink   Orangemat good luck on your run tomorrow and be careful.

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2012

Whew! I get worn out and exercised plenty just reading what you all do! Thanks for doing it for me as this week-end I am couching it!  :-D

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012
    Did a very old nice FIRM tape called 'Sculpted Buns, Hips and Thighs'; nice because it is all floor work and I know it so well I can do it with my eyes shut.....which is not quite as lazy as it sounds because you really pay attention to the parts of the body you are working when you don't have your eyes open (although I wouldn't advice trying that with any other exercise except lying floor work!!)
  • badger
    edited February 2012
    Thanks to the Voices, I went to the track and power-walked for an hour.  Smile
  • misswim
    edited February 2012

Patoo- I started the jogging/running with Leslie Sansone because after a while, the walking just doesn't get my heartrate up. Adding a jog instead of a walk or jumping into the side steps, jumping during kicks REALLY made a difference. I really like her and did not want to give up the videos, so I tweaked it!

HBCheryl- Lord help me, I just ordered the Les Mills Pump program for home...... hoping that it tones up what my husband calls my skinny girl fat. Chemo caused about a 30lb weight loss, and my muscle tone was a huge part of it. Now I am just skinny and droopy. My butt is sagging closer to my kneecaps every day. Hoping this makes the diffrence!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012
    misswim, sounds like The Fanny Lifter is calling your name Tongue out
  • hbcheryl
    edited February 2012

misswim I have DVRd the infomercial for 5am tomorrow morning as I haven't seen it yet but I've known about it for months, one of our local master trainers is in it her name is Jerico a pretty redhead anyways Eduardo was talking to us after our Pump class on wednesday night and we were talking class versus using the machines in the gym and he said that during a class we typically lift the bar 800 times versus 2 or 3 sets of 12 reps on each machine and in the DVDs you have all master trainers so it should be good. 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited February 2012
    Did that Friday step class with my DD and kept up with her pretty good.Tongue out I think I suprised her. Today i will take it easy and just use the machines.
  • Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

Back in CA and back to a normal exercise routine,I think!!!!  I hope all you wonderful ladies have a great weekend. Kathy

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited February 2012

Did my morning run with the dog yesterday, and at the very end of the run (at 5:45am!) two regular walkers were on the street and called out to my young dog...the woman always gives my dog a treat against my wishes...well, he bolted from me and ran over to her and knocked her flat on the street!  I felt horrible, she got up and said she was ok but she took a hard fall-anyway, they tried to leave but I made her stay for a minute to make sure she was OK...after about 3 minutes they resumed their walk.  No matter what, it was my dog that hurt her and I had to face it.  I knew where they (husband and wife) lived so later I went to her house and talked to her. She said she was fine and they had continued walked for an hour, but still, I made sure she knew my name and where I lived-if she has to go to the doc for injuries I felt like I might as well face it head on and be prepared, plus I felt horrible that someone could have gotten so hurt just on a morning walk.  The dog isn't a year old yet, lab, and he loves this woman and her treats.  An accident to be sure but still ultimately my fault.  

Now I'm nervous about going for a run with the dog! I guess that is dog ownership. 

Sigh-even the best laid plans can go astray....

Signed

Nervous Nellie 

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

Dear Kim, I am sure that nothing will come of this situation. You were very thoughtful and kind to go to her home and apologize. I am sure she realizes that by giving the dog a treat, she is somewhat responsible for the incident. She sounds fine if she continued walking. I just had to reply to your post, because I have been in similar situations!!!! Don't worry and you certainly need to continue running with your dog, everything will be fine, I am sure. Have a great day!!! Kathy

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2012

Hello Kim    I have to agree with Kathy, the woman takes some responsiblity for offering your dog a treat.  And maybe she won't offer one again!  I hope that you don't let this incident affect future runs with your dog.   You were very thoughtful to follow up with her to make sure that she was okay.  Do you ever watch Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan?   I really like his philosophy of dog training - a new series started recently and I've been recording them.  

Today we went down to the Danube to see a partially frozen over river - in some areas it's completely frozen over, first time in 37 years.  Budapest and Europe in general continues to have unusually cold temps.  This will be a most welcome spring!   In the meantime, thank goodness for radiant floor heating and hot mulled wine!  

Did Day 8 of pilates challenge.   

• badger
    edited February 2012

Kim, I met a friend of mine through her 'bad dog.'  I was walking the neighborhood and this big goofy dog came barreling at me to say hi and nearly knocked me down.  This woman in a scarf was running after him, hollering his name.  I was just getting back my hair from chemo and knew the look, she was bald under that scarf.  So I introduced myself and doffed my baseball cap and we hugged as sisters.  Might never have met without that friendly dog. 

Did A.M. yoga with Rodney Yee this morning.  Such a nice way to start the day! 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2012

Zumba again this morning..... maybe will have to add a little shovel and sculpt, as it has snowed overnight and we are starting to get some drifting going on!! 

DH's birthday today, so we need to decide what we are going to do!!  We are both feeling lazy about leaving the house with the current road conditions!

Have a great day everyone!

• misswim
    edited February 2012

Badger, I LOVE Rodney in the a.m., he's just so grounding.

Took the dog for a 1.5 mile hike in the woods (mostly uphills) and then went to an Ashtanga yoga class, which was new to me. At first I was bored as I usually am sweatinglike a pig in hot yoga, but this class got progressively harder- side planks with your foot in tree, coming into wheel and down on to my forearms, I was dieing by the end. I will definatley do it again. Zumba later today, if I am up for it.

Spin and then hot yoga in the am!

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited February 2012

Hey, Kim...I have a rambunctious 15 month old lab mix...and I am so grateful to have him as my hiking and running partner.  Don't give up on running together.  The woman did call to the dog and has been giving the dog treats (ie, training the dog to come bolting to her). 

If you cannot continue as you have, consider the "gentle leader" headcollar.  I have been using it with my dog and he is healing and coming and doing really really well.  I hold out high hopes that I will be able to get to a point where I won't even need the special collar to get his full cooperation/response to my commands.  But even if I have to use it forever, I will.  He is a little irritated by it, but it isn't hurting him at all...and it is allowing us to walk and run together way more easily while he is leashed.

As for me...I am down for the count with a head cold...que sera, sera...according to Doris Day (I love her)...so sitting around watching old Dick VanDyke Show episodes...:)

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited February 2012

joyh, what is this Pilates challenge you're doing? I saw one on Pilates Anytime...is that it? Looks pretty good!

• hbcheryl
    edited February 2012

Hey Kim I know you feel terrible but she has been encouraging your pup with treats so first and foremost she's a "dog" person, she's not hurt and she forgave you, so forgive yourself. CLC is right those gentle leaders work wonders, my neighbor has a 14 year old who can barely walk but goes insane at the sight of wheels, be it bicycle or skateboard and she is able to control him with the gentle leader.  Joy Europe certainly is getting socked by the winter fairy, brrrrrrr whatever did people do without radiant heat.  Misswim we do that pose in one of the cool downs in Body Pump - it's hard, I usually collapse before time's upEmbarassed

Did a spin class this morning and now I'm off to undo all the good I did at a surprise party, the birthday boy lives at the house where the party is so we're all taking "a plate" so there are no preparations at the house and he'll be "surprised" when we all turn up.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2012

45 minutes in the gym and 30 minutes of Zumba at home with my daughter and her friend. It's hard to get the kids out in this freezing European weather. Although my husband and daughter are braving it tomorrow skiing with another family. Count me out, I said. My muscles and joints get so stiff in this cold.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

Got fitted for new running shoes this morning and was going to break them in at the gym but decided instead to brave the cold and went for a walk/run outside.  Not bad but I really don't like having the cold hitting my face so I will stay inside until the weather warms up.  Did get in 2  miles.

Thanks for the Leslie tip.  I love her tapes and will adapt them as well for running.  May also invest in zumba tapes because the gym classes are always so packed.  I think I will break out a DVD tonight for some much needed weight training and trying to keep up with all of you.

• misswim
    edited February 2012

I came home from yoga and was so hungry that I PIGGED out and now I feel like crap. So, I forced myself to do the Firm 500 Calorie workout. I will hurt tomorrow. I am going to try spin followed by yoga on Sunday. Let's see if I can really do myself in!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012

Good for you patoo! What shoes did you get? I have so many different pairs these days, it's really my guilty pleasure...

I ran in the local 5k today with no expectations whatsoever. Actually, I felt like my legs weren't going to move much today, so I figured if I'm slow, I'm slow, so be it. I ended up finishing a full 20 seconds faster than my most recent 5k race on New Year's Day, my fastest ever for that distance! Just goes to show you how not having expectations and just enjoying the experience does pay off... or at least it did this time. Cool

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012
    Oh no, misswim, don't punish yourself like that, it's anti-yogic! Wink You'll make better choices next time, that's all. Hugs to you!