Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

orangemat, got a pair of New Balance (which is usually what I buy anyway).  Went to a place called Road Runner Sports where they have you stand on a mat to measure your arch height and then have you run for a minute on a treadmill to measure your gait and whether you turn your foot/ankle in, out or not at all.  I think he said there's one in Paterson - is that where you go?  Interestingly the cost of the shoes are no more than another sporting goods store where they don't have that service. I was very pleased with the experience and joked with him that if I wasn't running a half-marathon in 2 weeks I wanted a refund.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012
    Paramus, not Paterson. But close enough. :) Yes, their guarantee is definitely a good thing, and worth joining their VIP club for the 10% discount you get on all their stuff. Did you join at the store? If you join online at roadrunnersports.com, it's only $1.99.
  • patoo
    edited February 2012

Hmmm, yes I did join at the store.  And I think it was $20. with immediate 10% discount on the shoes/inserts/drymax socks. 

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012

Call them up on the website and ask to get a refund, then join online. That's what I did. It doesn't hurt to ask.

• patoo
    edited February 2012

Thanks.  Just called and I'm not in the system yet.  She said to call back tomorrow and I can probably get a credit.  Thanks for the tip - you're the best!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited February 2012

the road runner discount was a great suggestion Esther!  I'm going to do that right now as well!  And Patoo, I wear New Balance too-a whopping size 12AA in the pronantor 1200 series style!  (I'm six feet tall, but still, I have some big feet!)

• patoo
    edited February 2012

Right behind you Kim - size 11B but I'm in neutral style.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

We just came back from an hour walk using weights as we walked. Climbed a few stairs as well. It felt good to be back in CA!!!! Looking forward to a long bike ride this week, too. Throughout the day, I am going to do as many squats and leg lifts as I can. I am trying to also combine housework and exercise as I lift my detergent bottles over my head like weights and doing squats as I vacuum.  We live in a very small condo, so I am again cleaning floors on my hands and knees.Sounds crazy, but since I am not fond of exercise, this routine seems to work for me.My husband thinks I am a little wacko, but he knows I am trying!!!! Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!!!! Kathy

• patoo
    edited February 2012

Kindergarten, that's probably why he loves you so - you're wacko (and proud of it!)

• patoo
    edited February 2012

Oh, I did a DVD tape for full body weight workout. 

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Thanks, Patoo!!!!! Being a little wacko, has kept me sane, he,he,!!!!!

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited February 2012

Did about 20 min of Dance Party 3 with my daughter last night. What a workout!  I was having a great time and getting pretty sweaty.

Today did 3.5 miles on the treadmile, and I hope to squeeze in 30 min tomorrow, but will be hard as we have a jammed packed day.  I am cheezzed off. My AT&T On Demand doesn't have the ExerciseTV channel anymore.  I liked having this to do a quick pilates or yoga session. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited February 2012

Congratulations on your race, orangemat!

Kathy, Scrub and Sculpt definitely counts as exercise!

Very cold here. 45 minutes on the treadmill and an old 'Arms and Abs of Steel' tape. If you troll the Goodwill stores you can get new or nearly-new workout tapes & DVDs for a song!

I am a 9.5 Nike Pegasus gal. Anytime I try a different shoe I am disappointed...so now when I find them on sale, I snatch up a pair (always have three pairs; inside ones, outside ones, and a spare). Another place to get shoes for a good price is Amazon.com. I'm on their 'notify me when we have a shoe sale' list. I just checked the roadrunner site, and the pair I just got off Amazon was at a comparible price to their discount.

• Druanne
    Druanne Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2012

argh!!! Makin myself do my work out video right now! I will feel so much better if I do!!!!

:) Hope everyone's Saturday night is GROOVY Laughing

• patoo
    edited February 2012

ruthbru, one of the pairs I tried on in the roadrunner store was almost identical to the last pair I bought at another sports store.  The difference was because of the infrared testing roadrunner did it showed that one of my arches was lower than the other and since I had been having pain in the higher arched one when I ran (thought it was just my gait), he gave me inserts for the new shoes which now supports the arches.  It really made a difference.  Of course I can now buy other shoes elsewhere if I wish and just transfer the inserts but the store is nearby (actually walking distance). 

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012

the testing sounds great

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2012

45 elliptical!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited February 2012
    Sat I did my first combat exercise class.My DD dragged me. Kicking and punching not my cup of tea.Laughing
  • Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Ruth, that is a good one:Scrub and Sculpt, I am passing that along.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2012

hi ladies and welcome Druanne.  I have some Scrup & Sculpt on tap for today myself.

misswim, I love Rodney in the a.m., so relaxing & so grounding.  He's got a wonderful voice.

It's sunny but bitter cold so will head to the indoor track to walk some laps this afternoon.

Just finished my coffee (must have that first) so off to start my day with yoga.  Namaste!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012
    Just did Dancing With the Star Latin Cardio DVD. This is my second time through; it doesn't seem like much of a cardio workout to me, although it has a nice 15 minute toning section at the end. Oh well, better for me than sitting on the couch, right?
  • LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2012

Lovely 45 minute walk in the woods with my dog in the snow!!  And she behaved!  We're back in business, I'm happy to say, with our walks again.  

misswim  I'm trying to picture side plank with foot in tree - wow!  Sounds like a great yoga class! 

Anne   Yes, the pilates challenge is through PilatesAnytime.   It's a good selection of Level 1/2 mat or optional reformer, with different instructors - I usually try to add cardio on the days that I do a class.  Classes are not too difficult, though - some days are meditation or a foot workshop, for example.  Are you a member of PilatesAnytime?  

Hoping everybody has a good start to the week!  

• Banba
    Banba Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2012

Ruth - that souds like a fun class anyway. You seem to be good at keeping you training scedule interesting and new.

Good excercise day - an hour on the horse, 45 minutes Special Ops fitness training and 5 k's walk in the snow. AND done with #13  in a long line of rads. :)

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2012

90 minutes of hot yoga. I am aching everywhere from my workout-a-palooza yesterday so I am oficially going to do a little Read and Sculpt followed by some Nap and Sculpt!!! Getting up early to try a spin class tomorrow.

Ruth, do you have Firm 500 Calorie workout? I did that yesterday after the trapeze like yoga class and my muscles are screaming! That Kelsie does not mess around!

HBCheryl- my Pump program shipped and I should have it in a few days, very excited! Will report back. Is Eduardo in the dvd's ? Some of the instructors look AMAZING.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2012

Another 45 on the elliptical, freezing here!! No bike riding that's for sure! We'd be cycle sickles!

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Cute saying, Springtime!! I have always taught lst grade and under, so Cycle Sickles would make them laugh. Kids at that age are so easy to amuse.  It is actually cool here today in Torrance. We were going to ride bikes, but I hate to bundle up and ride, so we walked instead!!!!!! Have a great day!!! Kathy

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Cute saying, Springtime!! I have always taught lst grade and under, so Cycle Sickles would make them laugh. Kids at that age are so easy to amuse.  It is actually cool here today in Torrance. We were going to ride bikes, but I hate to bundle up and ride, so we walked instead!!!!!! Have a great day!!! Kathy

• patoo
    edited February 2012

30 mins praise movement in church this morning then 30 mins walking while grocery shopping then 45 minute, 3 mile walk/jog in place and upper body weights with Leslie Sansone DVD.  I love the weekends when I can really put in exercise time. Now going to do some tax prep and sculpt then read and sculpt.

Night my sculpted friends.

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012
    Misswim, Yes I have the 500 Calories Workout..... I do it when I really want to be tortured! Kelsie could be an instructor at Marine Boot Camp.....
  • Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2012

Ruth..I also just finished reading "Still Alice"....very powerful for sure

walked around outside on a school camping trip..a bit of skating on the lake and pushing the shovel around to make the rink. nothing major