Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited February 2012
    Hi ladies, having just polished my fingernails, I am finally sitting down. Did 15 minutes on the treadmill and 45 of toning. Tomorrow DH and I fly off for a week in (hopefully sunny and warm) Arizona. Being 'The Worst Packer in the World'; I wait until the last moment, pull out every piece of seasonal clothing I own, pile it up on my bed, try to figure out what I want to wear, and then start washing clothes THE NIGHT BEFORE I LEAVE. Tomorrow I will be up at the crack of dawn cramming in everything in a suitcase. Yes, I do drive myself crazy!!!! I think I have a packing phobia! Anyway, I plan to do lots of walking and outside 'stuff'.....and I imagine The Voices will track me down if I don't. Before I leave I just wanted to let you how much I enjoy and treasure you all. 'Talk' to you at the end of next week. Kiss Ruth 
  • hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2012

Tonight another Spin class and I did 20 minutes in the weight room working on biceps and triceps. Ruth I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Welcome Bela T.  Joy do you get BL over there or do you watch it online? Kathy congratulations. Misswim you need to rest and recover. Glad you got the Pump videos I'm intrigued as to how it was packaged it had to be heavy and is the bar in one piece? All I can say is "ahhhh Sheldon" you'll "get it" when you watch.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2012

Ruth, have a great vacation.

Thanks for the heads up, missswim. I just did an hour of yoga class yesterday, but sprayed my nose to get it cleared up before I started. I did it so I could breathe better, now I'm glad I did it if that prevented an ear infection. Walked a mile to the train station.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2012

Have a great trip RUTH!!!  Hope the weather is great for outdoor time!!

Hoping to head out this morning for a walk - as long as it is not icy on the the sidewalks!!

Will also be doing some Zumba again tonight! 

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012

Have a great vacation Ruth! I'm packing for my trip now as well. We leave around 3pm this afternoon for the Big Easy then a Caribbean cruise next week. I'll be running circles on the top deck of the ship! Have a great week, everyone.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2012

ruth   I understand the packing phobia - I get anxious about packing too!  We leave tomorrow for a week in Paris - so we're also in the midst of a packing frenzy.   Have a great vacation!  

cheryl    We have a slingbox set up with a friend in the States - it allows us to live stream U.S. TV to our computer, we can hook it up to our larger TV set too.  And it's a DVR, so we record and watch shows later, as we are 6 hours ahead of EST.   Slingbox is a great invention!  

orangemat   Hope that your cruise is wonderful.   

Did Day 10 of pilates challenge, and 20 minutes of jump board.   

See you all in a week!   

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813
    edited February 2012

First time I attended an exercise class on my own yesterday! I did body pump, and afterwards, felt so good I stayed for 30 mins of zumba.

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited February 2012

~ gosh I just noticed I have not posted.  I have been walking 30-45 minutes a day.  the Dr. said no weights for awhile, but I can still watch what I eat and walk....so it is all good.  I have really been getting back into my green smoothies again.  Just got my new e-book from Kris Carr. It is a great book about everything you would want to know about juicing and making smoothies and some recipies too! I was so happy about it I just had to share.

Be Active

Balsie 

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited February 2012

arc trainer for 38 minutes, bike for 15, ran intervals for 10 and active recovery for 5.

I am having a difficult time in my marriage, so I ran those intervals very very hard. 

I will be back at the gym again tonight while my son is at dance rehearsal...and I imagine I will run or bike or whatever very very hard, again.

I hope you all are doing well.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

Have wonderful trips, Ruth and Orangemat!!!!

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2012

Took yesterday off and re-realized how restoring that can be and now I feel more energized for exercise today!  Also, remembering that when I don't get enough sleep, it affects my body's ability to digest and metabolize food - soooo important!

Even thought I know better, I sometimes forget or put that aside and find myself pushing to keep more going than is good for me. Breaks, days off, good sleep and lots of water all support my exercise and nutrition.

~~

I too don't want to subject myself to sad or depressing novels these days - but really enjoy and appreciate funny or fun ones or inspiring ones - anyone have new titles that might be good in those areas???

• BelaT
    BelaT Member Posts: 44
    edited February 2012

I went for a walk, walked at slower pace but enjoyed :)))))

• LaurieInDallas
    LaurieInDallas Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2012

Swimming was my miracle 'cure' for my rheumatoid arthritis.  Helped me more than anything!  The oncologist has finally consented to let me swim again yayyyy but she says because of my heart I shouldnt go over 70%.  I swam about 40 minutes and then did lotsa time in the sauna and whirlpool!!!  Made me feel so much better and it helps with the depression too!!

Anyone here tried fitsteps for life?

• CorinneM1
    CorinneM1 Member Posts: 317
    edited February 2012

I did a 3.5 miler last night in 36 min, which is my best time so far.  This morning woke up early and did 5 miles with husband and SIL.  Tomorrow is Zumba--which I love but feel akward sometimes.  I mean "dropping it low" when you are over 25 years old?  I know I look as dorky as I feel. But oh well.

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited February 2012

Added another 30 minutes of running and arc...  I always feel so much better after hauling butt... 

Thanks all for being here to post with...it is so good for me to come here and post my workouts...  I look forward to it.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Dear Laurie in Dallas, I love to swim and I am just waiting for a little warmer weather to swim in our condo pool!!!!  I have lymphedema and my onc suggested that I don't swim in a heated pool. What is fitsteps for life?? 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

truebff - Plant a Geranium in your Cranium by Barbara Johnson, a brain cancer survivor. (one of her many funny, lighthearted books). 

Still not very motivated.  Did 2 mile Leslie Sansone last night, jogging while she walked.  Lazy tonight but may try to do something before bed.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited February 2012

Balsie- What is the name of the Kris Carr book you got? I am just going to start juicing and would like to take a look at it.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

Ginger48, you can search 'Kris Carr' on Amazon and the books come up complete with reviews.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2012

hi ladies and welcome Laurie.  Windlass good to see you back here!

truebff, for something funny and frothy and not too deep, try some Mary Kay Andrews.

Hissy Fit and Little Bitty Lies are two titles I recommend.  http://marykayandrews.com/

Headed to the track to walk in a while, they're open until 10 on Friday.  'night all!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2012

Just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain, a WONDERFUL book.  Favorite quote:

"To live every day as if it had been stolen from death, that is how I would like to live."

This was not a sad book for me, tho I did cry at the end, it was so hopeful and life-affirming.

Yoga this morning and going out tonight for dinner and a show with some girlfriends.

Have a great weekend ladies!  ((hugs)) to all

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2012

Did 50 stories on the stair master during my gym workout. Walked home with some heavy bags. Will be going skiing for a week, so won't be posting for a while. Happy exercising, everyone!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited February 2012

Patoo- Thanks, I looked it up and ordered it for my kindle last night. It looks like it will be pretty good.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Good morning, I walked an 18-hole golf course yesterday, up and down some hills. It felt good, but I am sore today. Have a wonderful weekend ladies!!!!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2012

60 minutes Zumba. Sun is just poking out!! Enjoy the Week End Everyone!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2012

60 minute crazy sweaty Spin class this morning, every instructor is so different but I just love this girl she motivates me beyond belief also did half an hour in the weight room, my gym gang has decided we want to have "Madonna" arms for summer so we're working on trying to get rid of our "Flag Waving" armsWink

Badger that is a great quote, glad you liked the book.  Mary Louise hope the ice melts and you're able to get out to walk again soon.  Patoo when do you go to Florida?  Have fun on the slopes Heidi.  Have a great weekend everyone.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

I am definitely doing some Scrub and Sculpt today and taking a long walk with weights hopefully. Hoping also to get to the gym as well. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!! Kathy

• Druanne
    Druanne Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2012

Just did mah shred video!!! Woohoo!

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2012

It was warm enough for a good bike ride! 50 minutes, gorgeous outside! I also ate half a cupcake.  That is my confesison!!!! 

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2012

I go to a lymphodema massage therapist once a month...I doi't have lymphodema but figure the drainage can't hurt..I do have swelling etc. but more under the arms and my back...started while on the AI....but figure it will go with time....finger swelling goes up and down.

Walked three hours yesterday ...up and down major hills since downtown St. John's is allllll hills and walked about 2 hours today...more hills and stairs.