Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2012

My ear infection finally seems to be passing.....so I tried my new Les Mills Pump dvd set- did Pump and Burn- 40 mins- can I say, I am in LOVE with this program! Cheryl, all I have to say is "oooohhh Sheldon!"- you are so right!

• CLC
    CLC Member Posts: 615
    edited February 2012

Misswim...glad to hear you are feeling better!!

I did 45 minutes of assorted gym work today.  Wore myself out with my 98 minutes of hard workout yesterday...and just sort of made it through my 45 minutes today.  Tomorrow is some low intensity exercise...walks and strength training...

Have a good night all...

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012

Very busy today.  Only exercise was pushing the gas pedal and turning the steering wheel in my car as I drove here and there.  Will try and get to the gym after church tomorrow. 

hbcheryl, I leave Thursday evening.

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited February 2012

Ginger48 ~ The name of the book is Crazy Sexy Juices & Succulent Smoothies.  You can go to her site to order the e-edition.  Her site is Crazy Sexy Cancer.  If you haven't been there it is a great site on all kinds of information about health and cancer.  

Anyone know anything about Soy protien isolate.  I am hearing if it is the first ingredient listed that it is not good for EP + breast cancer.  Any ideas or thoughts?

Oh and I am going for a walk in a little bit.....Ha I guess I was exercising my mind here

Thanks Ladies

Balsie 

• CLC
    edited February 2012

Balsie...I avoid any processed soy products.  They have estrogen imitating chemicals (phytoestrogens).  There is still debate about whether they behave like estrogen (stimulate er+ cancer) or like tamoxifen (block our own estrogen from attaching to estrogen receptors and reduce growth of er+ cancer).   There are similar debates about flax.

So...I avoid the soy products since the jury is still out on them.  I don't eat them even if they aren't the first listed, but are further down the list.  But, heck, I avoided them for the 3 years prior to my dcis dx...  Without definitive answers from research, all you can do is the best you can do, right???

As for me, I walked lots today and did my ab and strength work.  No high intensity work...that will return tomorrow!

Good night all!

• balsie
    edited February 2012

Thanks CLC!  I guess it sounded to good to be true!  I did walk today about 45 Min.  

Enjoy the rest of Sunday

Balsie 

• Mom2JJ
    Mom2JJ Member Posts: 38
    edited February 2012

I worked out 45 minutes on the treadmill -- walking very fast and pushing the heart rate up. Even better, I persuaded DH (who is overweight) to walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes as well! I guess he decided that if I could exercise while taking chemo, he really had run out of excuses!

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

That is awesome, Mom2JJ!!!!! I did only the minimum when I was going through Chemo. I am so amazed on how all of you going through Chemo, do not let anything stop you. What great role models you are for all the newbies and the oldies like me. Keep going. Kathy

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited February 2012

Balsie- Thanks for the info. I have her book Crazy Sexy Cancer and the video but the one I ordered was Crazy Sexy Diet so I will look for the one you just said.

It was my youngest daughter's 17th birthday yesterday and she wanted our family and some of her high school  friends to go bowling together. Who could say no to that? So I put on my LE sleeves and "tried" to bowl. Holy cow; I never realized how much pec muscle and arm strength it takes to bowl. Even the lightest ball felt like it weighed 100 pounds. Needless to say; I did not do well. It made me so mad that BC had taken something else that I enjoyed doing away and then I decided I will just have to work on getting that strength back! The kids had no idea of my inner struggle and we had a good time!

• CLC
    edited February 2012

Ginger...I am sorry that bc has taken another thing from you.  I am sorry that it has taken something from each of us.  I am inspired and encouraged that you have such resolve to just overcome it.  You've reminded me to never give in...  Thanks!  And...you did someting I find so hard...went and had a good time anyway...:)

Mom2JJ...what Kindergarten said!

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited February 2012

Good morning-

Ginger, you are indeed inspiring, and what you did was fantastic-especially the role model you are for your kids.  I love reading things like this, thanks for posting it.  

I missed the beginning of the posts about "Crazy Sexy Cancer" but am intrigued; gonna go look that book up!  

Yesterday my DH and another couple decided to do a "bucket list" type of thing and walked from the foot of the Bay Bridge in San Fran to the Golden Gate Bridge and then back...about 14 miles total.  It was a spectaularly sunny day in San Fran, so we got great views of AT&T Park, the Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, the Marina, Crissy Field and the Presidio.  The San Fran skyline was behind us all the while, just beautiful.  It was an adventure for sure and I am sore today, but very happy we did it.  I will try to get some of the pics on Picassa so I can post one on here!

Hope your Prez Day is fabulous!

Kim 

• truebff
    truebff Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2012

What a cool way to spend the day, Kim. I'm jealous. Seems like where I live, we just ened up walking the same routes. There's a nice one along the river, but I wish there were more choices where we live. Walking vacations -with real variety and everyday new turf- are my fav.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

I spent an hour in the gym, doing the elyptical and the stationary bike, and finally climbing stairs. Whoa, my age is catching up with me, but I feel good. Have a wonderful evening, everyone!!!! Kathy

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2012

45 elliptical!

• patoo
    edited February 2012

Finally got to my 3 miles on treadmill today but need to cut off about 5 mins to stay under the radar for the 5K on Saturday. 

Glad tos ee you all still stayng the course - great motivators.

• balsie
    edited February 2012

45 min walk today......but lots of walking in the mall with my sister and niece!  Why fun and what a wonderful day, even though I was beat when I got home .... it was well worth the fun with family that I had today.  

Enjoy

Balsie 

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2012

I've been away at a funeral for my 36-year old cousin. He died way, way too young from a sudden cerebral aneurysm. So heartbreaking.

It's going to be good to walk my pups again tomorrow.  We will be adopting another dog from my other cousin, bringing the pack up to 3! It's going to be work, having all 3 of them, but it is also going to be wonderful, and with the year my family is having, we need something wonderful.  Back to dog walks!!

Also, for my birthday last week, I got my co-workers to play 4 square with me at lunch.  You'd be surprised what a sweat you can work up playing that game!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2012

hi ladies, I'm up extra early this morning.  NWArtLady, sorry for the loss of your cousin.  

patoo, we will be cheering you on Sat!  Corinne, you too!

walked Sunday and had yoga class last night.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Dear NWArtLady, so sorry for your loss, hope wonderful memories will sustain you and your family. Patoo and Corrine, have fun and good luck on Saturday and then enjoy a glass of wine to celebrate your great accomplishment.  I am not sure what exercise routine I am doing today, but I finally saw the scale move this morning, so I will keep on doing  the routine. Have a great day, everyone!!!! Kathy

• CLC
    edited February 2012

40 minutes on the arc trainer, 15 bike, 10 minutes of hard running intervals.  Pooped.  :)

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Dear CLC, what is an arc trainer??? I know we don't have one in our gym here in the condo complex. It sounds like a great work out. I am sure you are pooped. My legs are killing me from a 6 mile bike ride today. Have a great night. Kathy

• CLC
    edited February 2012

Hey, Kathy...an arc trainer is a little like an eliptical, except it can be more inclined...kind of a cross between an eliptical and a stair climber, I guess...  I crank up the incline and the resistance...  when I am up for it...:)

Nice on the 6 mile bike ride...I don't ride except at the gym...  My best friend is a cyclist...I am so impressed by the bike riding...  I don't have it in me, I don't think...to do long rides...

• misswim
    edited February 2012

NW ArtLady, I am so sorry for your loss. Having just lost a dear family at the age of 35 suddenly, I know how you feel. Sending you a hug.

Finally not sick! Went back to my beloved hot yoga class after a week off. 90 minutes , and it was a super challenge.

Will be starting the rotation calendar that came with my Les Mills Pump kit on Tuesday.

Soooo happy to be working out!

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Dear CLC, I am sure you would be a great biker, if you can do the arc trainer. The elyptical is hard for me. Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like a great workout. MISSWIM,  Glad that you are feeling better, now what is a Les Mills pump kit? I am learning so much on this thread!!! Thanks, Kathy

• misswim
    edited February 2012

Kathy, it is a home version of Bodypump, which is taught in gyms all over the US. HbCheryl attends the classes (that is where the fabulous Eduardo teaches.......) at her gym. Kit came with a barbell and different weights, as well as a step for floor work and aerobic exercise. It is based on light weights and lots of repetitions.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2012

45 elliptical = 375 calories. YAY!!. Someone told me they do jumping jacks throughout the day at work. I wish I could remember to try this!

Does anybody else do things at work to add some activity to an otherwise sedentary day? (Desk job, blech!)

• patoo
    edited February 2012

Heyyyyyyyyy, I'm at a desk job all day too.  Doesn't brain work count?  Hmmm, need to put that into loseit.com and see how many caliries 'thinking' counts for!  Or maybe it doesn't count unless they see smoke coming out of your ears.

Okay, okay, yeah, time to get off this 'puter as I'm getting batty.

Night my sculpted friends.

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2012

Thanks, Misswim,  Sounds like a great program and workout. I am so behind and an illiterate exerciser. I have got to get with it.  I do remember when I was teaching Kindergarten, and they were getting a little noisy and rambunctious, we would get up and do jumping jacks. It really settled them down, thanks for the reminder, SPRINGTIME!!!!!!! I am going to do it throughout the day!!!

• balsie
    edited February 2012

NWArtLady~ So sorry about your cousin...you are right he was taken to young & and just the most awful heartbreaking feeling for  you and your family.  You are in my thoughts.  No walking today for me, I was at a workshop all day.

Enjoy

Balsie 

• Mom2JJ
    Mom2JJ Member Posts: 38
    edited February 2012

I walked 35 minutes on the treadmill and worked out with my trainer for another 45 minutes. We actually were able to do biceps and triceps without engaging my pecs (I am post-BMX with TEs until chemo and rads complete). Tomorrow I begin pre-chemo steroids with chemo on Thursday. In meeting with MO today, daily exercise emphasized as so important to reduce chemo SEs. I will keep at it. Even when we are weary, a short walk might make a difference on how well we feel! Unfortunately, there is this tricky balancing act -- exercise but don't overdo it. That line is not at all clear to me. I"ll know tomorrow whether I overdid it today. Did most of you exercise during chemo? If you did, how did you do enough but not too much?