Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited February 2012

Corinne and Patoo, congrats on the Disney run (and meet-up!). Yes, I remember all the characters along the route for the marathon, but I would guess there's more entertainment to fill up the space with a shorter race like a 5k or a half marathon. So glad you both enjoyed!

Snow, what's that?? Ruth, I can't believe you're buried in it when we've had barely a frost all winter. 

My head cold is finally feeling like it's going away, so I got together with my GF this morning for a couple easy miles in the park. Mid 40s, breezy with tons of sunshine, just perfect! We ended up doing 5.25 miles in just under 55 minutes, slow and tired feeling, but consistent. I'd call that success. Smile

Have a great day, all! 

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited February 2012

Just letting you guys know - I changed my name to dogsandjogs. It was seniorbreastcancersurvivor. Too much of a mouthfull--

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited February 2012

I like that name much better - I'm a dog-and-jog person too!!

20 minute walk with Mikey last night, 30 minute Pilates this morning, plus 15 minutes Lebeds.  Yoga tonight and the weather looks OK for me to jog there and back.

Sounds like Disney was a great success - can't wait to see pictures!!!  Orange - so sorry about the cold.  My dh and I came back from a cruise one time with a terrible flu - nothing like losing vacation afterglow to sickness.  Frown  Joy - Funny story about "conehead" dogs - when I worked for our local Humane Society, we got a call one time from a worried resident - it seems the dog next door was outside in its fenced yard, and had its head caught in a "lampshade".  The owners weren't home and she was worried about the dog.  We explained about the e-collar on the dog, and she was much relieved.  But I always appreciated her making that call - clearly she was not a dog person cuz she'd have known what the e-collar was, but she cared enough to call because she was worried that the animal might be in distress.  

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited February 2012

That is a cute story - yes, nice to hear the woman was concerned. One of my dogs was very creative with his cone. He would push it up against something so it would bend and then he was able to get at his injury.  Luckily he didn't need it for long and healed fine. 

Still haven't gone out this morning - waiting for it to get a bit warmer. Here in SoCal we are quite spoiled and complain if the weather is in the forties in the morning LOL.

The dogs are patiently waiting---

• orangemat
    edited February 2012

I'm not a dog person either, but I think I would know what that sort of collar was. Though I always thought they were called The Cone of Shame. Tongue out

dogsandjogs, I like your new name too... though mainly because it rhymes with itself, and I'm a word nerd. Cool 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited February 2012

Congratulations Disney Girls!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Like the new name, dogs/jogs.

Cheryl, yes, I had a fun a Book Club night.....it involved friends, books, wine and dessert; whats not to love!

Did 30 on the treadmill tonight & 'Rock Solid Abs' (FIRM DVD). Mother Nature is showing her cranky side around here. We are in the path of another storm starting later tonight. They've already announced a two hour late start for school tomorrow, and time will tell if we get there at all (yes, I brought work home just in case).

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2012

Greta I love your new name, it was cold all day down here so I hope you made it out with your kids.  Ruth glad the storm held off and the girls were able to make it for book club.  I did a Body Step class tonight but I have to say it was half hearted I just couldn't seem to get my oomph still I did stay and complete the class even though I didn't feel like it. 

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012
    Hi Cheryl, half hearted is 50% more than nothing!! Smile
  • hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited February 2012
    yes that's what I thought too, there were a lot of knee lifts and I just couldn't seem to do them, but I sure made it to TJ Maxx after the gym, working out problem, shopping no problemSmile
  • NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2012
    Dog walking, as always!  Though I think I totally negated my walking workout with the desserts at book club tonight... More dog walking is required!!Wink
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2012

good morning ladies and happy Leap Day! 

Love reading everyone's posts and being inspired.

Walked Sunday, did yoga class Monday, and walked at lunchtime yesterday.  Zumba tonight.

Have a wonderful extra day today!  ((hugs)) to all

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited February 2012

Perplexed by a beautiful, sunny and relatively balmy day today, after yesterday's snow storm! The snow is gone - and I'm not complaining!  

This morning my dog came inside with a big scoop of dirt inside her cone!  Guess she found a way to dig in the muck in the yard - yuck!   I am taking her on a walk this afternoon, cone and all. We will see how that goes.   Will also get in Day 12 of pilates challenge.

dogsandjogs  Love the new name!   heidihill   A jumpboard is a piece of equipment on a pilates reformer, for jumping while lying down - it's a lot of fun!   NatsFan   A conehead dog is a strange thing to see, for those that don't know about it!  Cute story.  

Happy Leap Year Day!   

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited February 2012

Dogs and jogs I love it!  geez I have not moved in two days.....today is the day to get back in the groove.  

Enjoy Balsie 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited February 2012

Yoga last night, plus I jogged the mile to and from class.  We did a lot of hip stretching poses, which is good for me.  30 minutes elliptical this morning - like Cheryl I found it hard to get going for some reason, so only 20 minutes of it was at a good pace, and the last 10 minutes were half-hearted.  But I finished my 30 minutes.

Thinking about the t-shirts - I'd be willing to organize if we could agree on what we wanted.  I'm thinking - yes, pink shirts - with a stylized figure in motion in white on the front, maybe with "LPoDE" on it or even better, I really like Patoo's term "Sculpted Sister".  On the back - maybe something like "Survivor. Reclaiming our lives with exercise."  Just some ideas to start brainstorming. 

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012

Well, we didn't get the wind; so no blizzard, 'just' a winter storm. We are having a 3 hour late start with no rural buses. Did Rock Solid Buns, am checking here and then I think I'll do some cardio all before work. Cool

I love the Sculpted Sisters for the tee shirt front. It's just me, but I am scared of the word 'survivor'; like it's bad luck or something (I am knocking on wood because I typed it.....yes, I know that is crazy but.... Embarassed).

What about Work in Progress, or something else sort of fun on the back? I should dig out some of DS's old track tee shirts and look on the backs for inspirational quotes (although he was a thrower, and one year the throwers had their own shirts made, which asked the question:  "Why run and puke, when you can throw and eat?" !!!)

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

Hi, everyone!!! Brought my I-pad, so checking in. We are in Vegas, and it is freezing!!!! We took a short walk outside, but walked alot last night. We came to see Celine Dion, but she had to cancel, because of a throat infection, poor thing!!! They refunded our money. We saw David Copperfield and he is truly amazing. Coming home tomorrow!! Back to a normal exercise routine again!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!!

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2012

Oh, I forgot, RUTH, that quote was hysterical on the back of his t- shirt.My son was a javelin thrower as well!!!!

• orangemat
    edited February 2012

This is the design I created for our shirts for the More Half Marathon. I drew the stick figures myself with a software program, saved the picture and uploaded it to the CustomInk website. They had a variety of shirts to choose from (we chose a tech shirt since we'll be running in it). On the front of the shirt is everyone's name. Such an excellent company, this CustomInk!

No exercise today. My sinuses are finally draining for real and my body just wants to chill today. Unfortunately, my mind is saying I only have 5 more days of running before my surgery, so it's been giving me grief that I'm not maximizing my available time to exercise. I actually did start to get dressed to run, but then I realized my heart wasn't really into it either. So for once, the heart and body won over the mind!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! 

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited February 2012

Hi y'all!  

Quick fly by-but congrats to Patoo and Corrine-SO amazing!

Esther, sorry you are sick, but smart to listen to the ol' body!

I was in Lake Tahoe for the past few days (do I dare try for the TART meet up again...YES, but more on that later.)  The weathermen/women are so funny.  We drive up Friday from San Jose area and the forecast is an inch of snow for Weds..maybe.  It's 50 degrees when we get to Tahoe.  Next day drops to the upper 20s, low 30s and MAYBE a chance of snow.  Sunday we get a foot and a half of snow. Monday gray and cold, lightly snows.  Forecast Monday morning says possible snow on Weds.  By Tuesday morning the forecast has changed to over 4 feet of snow.  We were supposed to stay until Weds. but we bailed back home.  Right now blizzard conditions over Donner Summit on I80.  Talk about predictions!

I got in big time snowshoe hikes with the dog.  Climbed straight up the mountains in back of my house for 2 mile up 2 mile down in over a foot of new snow.  DH and friend went skiing.  It was magnificent.

In my group of Tall friends from my eDiets days, I have had one friend dx with bc since my dx, she is using Livestrong and is in BMX/TE surgery as I write this.  I have another who is waiting for her biopsy results today.  There are less than 20 of us in the group.  I'm hoping Teresa, IF she gets a BC dx, will join us on here.  The eDiets girls are all commited to being fit and this thread is so helpful.  

ANYHOO I have to go back and catch up but wanted to tell you guys how great you are and how lucky I found this thread.  As I watch my friends struggle with dx and treatment, I know there is some light at the end of the tunnel...all of you.

XOXO

Kim 

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012

How about Sculpted Sisters on front, and Lights At The End Of The Tunnel (or something to that effect) on back?

Kathy, javelin was my DS's 'thing' too. I love the javelin!!!!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2012

Jumping while lyng sounds tough.

I like the term Sculpted Sisterhood! No survivor terms, please.

Walked a mile, ran a mie and lifted some weights.

• ruthbru
    edited February 2012

like 'hood'....Sculpted Sisterhood! Perfect to me for the front!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2012

Ladies, a friend sent me the link below. I had to share with you. What an inspiring story. With much love.

http://www.justinmarantz.com/index.cfm?postID=1327 (read the blog post but scroll to the bottom and watch the video- amazing_)

• badger
    edited March 2012

thanks, misswim that WAS amazing!  

I choose joy.  ((hugs)) to all

• misswim
    edited March 2012

Thanks, Badger. A very dear friend who lost her mom to BC sent it to me. I found it so touching!

40 mins Pump and Burn tonight. Have the energy to do something else, but am going to take it easy as I plan on Body Combat in the morning and then yoga in the afternoon!

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

Wow, misswim, beautiful!

Maybe that's the back of the shirt: Choose Joy

• misswim
    edited March 2012

Ruth, that is PERFECT. Choose joy.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012
    What about The Sculpted Sisterhood on front and Choose Joy on back?
  • badger
    edited March 2012

IF people like that saying, IMO joy shouldn't be capitalized.  Otherwise it looks like an ad for dishwashing liquid.  :-)

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

Maybe Really Live or on a lighter note: we don't sweat, we glisten

What would be some more good profound and/or fun sayings?

Did a total of 4 minutes on the treadmill.