Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2012

I like sculpted sisters.....we don't sweat, we glisten......choose joy  all great ideas.  Can they be ladies fitted T's or lady cut T.  

We were let out of school early today because of the storm and for the first time the teachers had to stay at school.  I have to say I got a lot done in my classroom.  No workout though.  

Enjoy ladies

Balsie 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2012

Really Live is good, or something about The Voices, or maybe No Excuses?

"If I can choose joy, really, what is your excuse, what are you waiting for?"

I want everyone I know to watch that video; Mary Ann will stay with me a long time.

• Greatlakes435
    Greatlakes435 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2012

Wow! I am so happy to find this blog today!! It came up on my Facebook page thank you!!! You are all so inspiring:) I have been having a heck of time. Ten weeks post rads today and the fatigue and lymphadema are hanging on hard. I over did it a bunch of times at yoga and walking hills and learned some lessons. I was getting a bit depressed. I love running, cycling, surfing, ect. But mostly I can't get off the couch. Uhhhg. But you all have motivated me. Maybe a light weight workout and consistent walks. How did you isolate your biceps and triceps to avoid your pecs. I'm a little nervous to try that , but it sounds good . Thank you all for being out there. I love that shirt!

• badger
    edited March 2012

p.s. just noticed - 100,555 views to this thread - wow!

and p.p.s. welcome Greatlakes435

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,521
    edited March 2012
    Welcome Greatlakes, glad you found this thread. It is a great place to come for support and/or a kick in the butt Wink. I think you have nailed it by starting with the word 'consistant'. Start with the (consistant) walks, and the weights part; if you are having problems, I would just start by doing the arm movements with no weights and then gradually work up to soup cans, 1 pound, then 3 pounds etc. I know it is frustrating but if you go to fast, then you just end up having to start over, which is even more discouraging. It takes time, time, time to get back to anywhere near normal.....but it does happen when you work at it. Hang in there! Ruth
  • ruthbru
    edited March 2012
    what about: The VOICES made me do it!
  • Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2012

JOY! I can't stop thinking of Mary Ann ,what a beautiful woman inside and out, thank you for sharing this Misswim!!!!!!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,504
    edited March 2012

That Facebook page Greatlakes mentioned is the Breastcancer.org page, where we like to feature great threads (like this one!) regularly. Read it here - and Like it too.  Smile

Judith and the Mods

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2012

Dog walking in the snow this morning! Cold and beautiful.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2012

For those of you wondering what the choose joy line is all about, I am reposting the link. It is so good, we all need to see it!\

http://www.justinmarantz.com/index.cfm?postID=1327

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2012

Thanks for sharing the incredible video, misswim.  So inspiring, what a beautiful woman.  

As for t-shirts, I like the idea of THE VOICES being included.  And sculpted sisters sounds nice too!    Choose Joy - hmmm - sounds like I'm running for office, as my name is Joy.  Although I do love that too!  

Another wonderful hike in the woods with my dog, although it's mucky out there with all of the melted snow.  She is walking without her cone, as she's not bothering her stitches.   And another day of pilates challenge.  heidihill   Jumpboard lying down sounds tough, but it really isn't.  I've had the elderly and post-rehabs in a jump class, and done correctly, they were fine!  

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited March 2012

Thanks for explaining, Joy. I looked it up and found this link on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ly487x0_wY

It looks great. I thought you would have to jump vertically from a horizontal position. I've actually tried what you've described using the leg press machine at the gym. I had seen a video of an injured ballet dancer rehabilitating her knee this way so I tried to copy it. So far so good. I should do it more, especially the skiing type exercise.

At Stage 4, I have to say we can't always choose joy. If those last minutes are a in a torture chamber, I wouldn't be happy. I am glad for Mary Ann but others are not so lucky. Having said that, exercise has been good to me. Everyone should listen to the Voices!!! I vote for the Voices, too! Now I'm off to the gym...

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2012

Sounds like we all agree on the front - "Sculpted Sisterhood" but we're still brainstorming the back.  I was thinking last night of something with The Voices as well, and came up with the same idea as Ruth - "The Voices Made Me Do It!"  Or maybe "The Voices Made Me Do This", since we'll be running or exercising (or doing Shop N Sculpt Wink )while wearing the shirts.  Or something about The Voices - maybe combining both - "No Excuses - Listen to the Excercise Voices"  Let's keep brainstorming.

30 minutes weights/core this morning, plus 15 minutes Lebeds. 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited March 2012
    Back from my cruise didnot use the gym on the ship much but did alot of hiking and swimming.Steped on the scale and stayed the exact same weight.Yesterday I got right back to my routine with the machines and weights.I actually missed my exercise.Laughing
  • misswim
    edited March 2012

The voices made me do it....... I think that is PERFECT for the back.

Heidi, hope the video was not offensive. I guess I just like the idea of finding joy in the good moments, whenever they may happen. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited March 2012

Thank you for sharing that video - it was just inspiring.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,504
    edited March 2012
    Hi All, 
    I posted a link to this thread on our Facebook page last evening, so you may be getting some new "exercisers"!
    Love this thread!
    Melissa Mod 
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2012
    Ruth - thought of you - I have a baseball calendar that features a different ballpark every month.  I just flipped to March and the featured ballpark is Target Field.  It looks beautiful!!! Gives me hope that winter will be over soon!  Cool
  • Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Welcome back, Mumayan!!! Congrats on the hiking and swimming and not gaining weight on a cruise!, I think I gained alot on the last cruise we went on!!! We did alot of walking in Vegas and saw David Copperfield, so wanting to ask him to make my fat stomach to disappear, he,he!!!!!!! Celin Dion had to cancel her concert because of a throat infection, but we got our money back! Have a great day, everyone!! Kathy

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited March 2012

No offense, misswim. The photos and video were beautiful. I just would not vote for "choose joy" for the t-shirt.

Ran/waked 2 miles with hills. Finally got my bike out of the garage. Tomorrow I'll have my first ride in the woods this year.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

instead  of  'The VOICES made me do it!' how about "The VOICES make me do it!"

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited March 2012

I'm sorry, but whenever anyone talks about "the voices", all I can picture is serial killers like Son of Sam! Obviously I've missed the real meaning here of what you're all talking about....

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

I love the t-shirt idea!!! When can I order one?

• misswim
    edited March 2012

Did 45 minutes of Bodycombat this morning, that was a killer. had hoped for hot yoga tonight, but alas, cancelled due to the one snowstorm the NE is having. I could have worked out at home, but , bad girl, I went out for sushi with my son. Oh well, you only live once, right? :)

Heidi, thanks. :) And I totally agree re the t-shirt.

Ruth, I love that idea !

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2012

How about something like:

Gotta keep moving.... I hear the "Voices"!

Orangemat - this was our way of "hearing" the encouragement from the ladies of this thread to get up and DO SOMETHING!!  If we needed extra help, you just posted that you were struggling, and someone would come along and tell you to get your butt in gear!  That is MY interpretation of the "Voices"!

30 minute walk this morning and may need the Voices to do something tonight!!!   

• badger
    edited March 2012

hi ladies!  Esther to me The Voices are all my sisters here, urging me on when I falter.

Me: But I don't FEEL like exercising ... 

The Voices: we're getting our exercise, you should be too, you know you want to, get going ...

(very quiet but very powerful, hard to resist, esp when i really DO want to exercise!)

Went over to the Capitol to walk today with a friend, chatted and the time just flew.

• ruthbru
    edited March 2012

Just did an hour on the treadmill (thanks to your voices saying "Practice what you preach"). I am in the middle of a big project that has to be done by tomorrow, so am checking in quick & then back to the salt mine.

• Greatlakes435
    Greatlakes435 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2012

Thank you for your help and encouragement. I think my greatest resource lately has been denial. Just call me Cleopatra! It will take consistent work and time, darn it. I love reading what you all are doing. Today 60 minute hike with hills in the cold sunshine:)

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited March 2012
    Welcome Greatlakes (and Melissa I love this thread too)  Last night I did my Body Combat class and tonight was RPM spin class.  Got my bone scan results today and I'm holding steady so I feel good about that still osteopenia but no further deterioration in the last two years.  Love all the ideas for the t-shirts how about Sculpted Sisterhood of the Voices and whatever we end up with you now we're going to have to have a get together and wear themSmile
  • Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Hey, Cheryl, so glad that you are holding steady with the osteopenia!!!  It is all those wonderful classes you are taking, you go girl!!!!  Back to the gym tomorrow for me. Have a great weekend, everyone!!!