Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012

Did 30 minutes on the treadmill while studying for a technical certification...killed two birds with one stone! Also went to "Spa Day" at the Duke Cancer Center, where I did seated yoga, in addition to getting a chair massage, hand massage, and a makeover. What a treat!

• Neeners815
    Neeners815 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2012

My feet are a bit messed up from the amount of walking yesterday in bad shoes (unexpected, or I would have had sneakers on).  Three big blisters.  I ended up doing my walking DVD, but only for a mile today.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited June 2012

5 km walk again this morning.  Just can't seem to get motivated enough to do anything at night, and it has been too cold and/or rainy in the evenings to get in the pool!  Frown   I have been able to stay on track now (for 3 days) with my loseit.com site.    Great to see everyone getting out and moving!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2012

hi ladies and welcome kestrelgurl.  Walked at noon today, Farmers Market on the Square.

My el cheapo pedometer kicked it last night so had to buy a new one this afternoon.  Cool

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited June 2012

Almost ready to up your goal again, Badger!!!  Congrats!

• badger
    edited June 2012

Thanks Mary Louise, and you too Heidi, for noticing.  I should hit 2,500 miles within a fortnight!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited June 2012

Wonderful that you're hitting such a milestone, badger! How long has it taken you to get to this point?

• badger
    edited June 2012

Thanks, Esther, it's taken me about two years.  I started a walking program a few weeks after BMX, when I got the OK from my doc.  I believe it helped me recover and also get through chemo. 

My initial goal was 500 miles inspired by the song I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNlMtqrYS0

(OK this clip has footage from Benny & Joon but I know we have some Johnny Depp fans here.)

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited June 2012

Very fun, badger, I feel all pepped up from watching the video!

Trichick, yes, Denise is still going strong. The DVD I like to do is from 2009 and called Body Makeover Mix. It has three 15 minutes sections that you can do independently if you want: Firm Upper Body, Lean Lower Body, and Tight Abs. It's a very nice, easy workout.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2012
    Badger what a great motivator and of course now that song is going to play over and over in my head - I'm very impressionableWink  MaryLouise so you don't feel bad through the week I can't get out of bed to exercise in the morning I'm a night girl though funnily enough on the weekend I go to the gym at 8am go figure.   Tonight I did a Body Combat class, it was a tough choice as two of my favourite instructors were teaching at the same time Spin and Combat but the Combat instructor won out as she traveled 35 miles to teach
  • heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited June 2012

Your pedometer didn't know what hit him when he was checked out of the store, badger.

How do you do that 8 am workout, hbcheryl?

I am dawdling so I don't have to deal with running 28 minutes today. Will check in later, again.

• heidihill
    edited June 2012

Week 8, day 1 done.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2012

Half hour walk with Mikey this morning - I was going to elliptical, but it was such a beautiful morning I couldn't resist getting out.  Bunnies, squirrels, chipmunks, and singing birds - perfect!

• Belinda977
    Belinda977 Member Posts: 150
    edited June 2012

Walked for an hour!  Let the day begin.

• TriChick
    TriChick Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2012

I think it is highly appropriate that they follow National Running Day with National Chocolate Ice Cream Day!!  And the fact that it falls on our 4th wedding anniversary is just another great reason to indulge!!  I am super psyched about that one (saw it on Baskin Robbins Facebook page).

Did a short trail run this AM because I did not get one in for yesterday's National celebration - now off to the pool before I hit up my local BR.

Make it a great day!

• Belinda977
    Belinda977 Member Posts: 150
    edited June 2012
    I was going to mention National Ice Cream Day!!  Ice Cream has been in my thoughts all day....Laughing
  • kestrelgurl
    kestrelgurl Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2012

Thank you, Belinda. Smile

Totally messed up National Running Day, but did get 2 hours on my road bike yesterday. Fun times!

Rode city bike to and from a killer TRX workout this morning and am committed to celebrating National Chocolate Ice Cream day properly.

The best thing was that as I was dressing this morning, my first thought when I saw myself in the mirror was "I look fit". Considering that I have a boobless, scarred chest, I do believe my arms and shoulders are looking pretty damned good for an old chick. Laughing

Safe training, everyone!

• Neeners815
    Neeners815 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2012

Another mile via DVD.  My feet are messed up with broken blisters (three - two bad ones).  Erg.

• purple32
    purple32 Member Posts: 1,767
    edited June 2012

Mary

Thx for this post- it was just what I was looking for !

I had LX with SNB May 1st 2012, and I have osteo issues and wondered about lifting weights for building bone, but now ...  ?

Thanks very much!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012

Hi purple, you can lift weights but start really slowly. First just going through the motions, then soup cans, one pound weights etc. until you are comfortable moving up. And remember to change things up and don't do the same routine every day. Also any weight bearing exercise (walking, running, dancing etc.) will help build bones. Prunes have tons of calcium, eat a serving everyday, along with a good diet and probably calcium supplements (with vitamin D).

Walked and did a lovely lower body toning tape (lovely because it was floor work and I like lying down Wink).

I am trying to be better with the diet, but I suppose it would be unpatriotic not to eat ice cream on National Ice Cream Day!

• badger
    edited June 2012

hi ladies and welcome purple32.  I've been on the computer for 30 mins and now I need to go walk. 

p.s. ((Neeners)) I will walk an extra mile for you, can you take it easy for a couple of days to heal up?

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,853
    edited June 2012

Walked (really just a stroll) at a mall tonight.

Wish me luck this weekend. I'm leaving early tomorrow morning on a bus full of Girl Scouts headed to DC. Girl Scouts is 100 years old this year and we're "Rocking the Mall" with singing on Saturday. It's going to be fun!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012

Have a great time!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2012

Did a great RPM class and half a Combat class tonight and I have spent the last hour walking my neighborhood looking for my little outside stray cat who turned up at my door almost a year ago, I have tried desperately to make her an inside cat but it's not in her DNA she panics and licks herself constantly anyways she has been missing for 2 days we have coyotes and I'm terrified that my Fluffy has been taken I love that little cat I'm hoping desperately that she's locked in someones garage.

• heidihill
    edited June 2012

Purple, you can try this workout without weights. I used to do dance movements like this everyday. Rest whenever your arms get tired. You can add opening and closing your fists to the movements. I only started with resistance bands and lifting weights six months after rads. But I was in pretty bad shape and you probably will move right along. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CulgpxH8yc

Hope Fluffy is just hiding somewhere, hbcheryl.

• cfdr
    edited June 2012

Started the day with 40 minutes of yoga. Not going to attempt a walk until I have my work day behind me...even yesterday's short, slow walk drained me.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2012

Week 2 Day 3 run, done.  It's warmer today, so it was slow going - oh well.   30 minutes pilates mat stretch too.  

cheryl  Hope you find your kitty.  

wonderland  How fun to celebrate on the Mall with the Scouts!   

heidihill  I hadn't heard of Tracy Anderson - great arm workout.  Simple but super effective!   

Did I miss Ice Cream Day??   

• kestrelgurl
    kestrelgurl Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2012

Had to force myself out the door but ended up having a nice, easy 8 mile run. Longest excursion since the Boston debacle. Have a half marathon the end of next month so it's time to start building the miles.

Worked out everyday this week so I think that earns a Friday dinner out......yes?

Happy Training, everyone!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited June 2012

Was out the door to go to Zumba on Wed night  but a friend with Stage 4 Lung Cancer which has spread to about everywhere in his body wanted to go out to eat. I chose him instead of Zumba, he is fighting like crazy to fight the big C, even taking alternative routes, changed his chemo treatments and pain management. Have never seen anything like this.

Cancer stinks.  (sorry for the negativity in my blurb) but I am so proud of him.

Hugs,

• cfdr
    edited June 2012

Got my lab results back...pernicious anemia! So I'll be getting a B12 shot a week for 3 more weeks, then once a month. The first shot didn't do much for my energy levels, but hopefully by the end of the month I will be able to exercise without exhaustion! I hope I hope I hope...