Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Neeners815
    Neeners815 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2012

Hi everyone - I hope it's OK for me to post here.  I'm starting rads tomorrow, but I've started trying to get back into exercising (walking for now) because I read that it can really help with the fatigue.  I've walked the past three days.  Today I plan to do some mall walking.  I'm also really trying to drink a lot more water.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited June 2012

Welcome Neeners!  I'm relatively new here too.  Let's keep moving.  (c:

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2012

Good to read everybody's posts.  Ruth - great picture and great time on the race!   

Did Day 1 Week 2 of C25K and it's going well.  I've figured out a new route since my neighborhood is so hilly.  So far I've mapped a 2 mile run that is for the most part on an even surface.  I'm excited to keep going with the program.  

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2012

Good morning ladies and welcome Neeners815.

I got out and walked for an hour this morning. 

Great pic, Ruth and attawoman on race time! 

Wonderland, good news about your SIL, keeping you all in my thoughts & prayers.

Scrub & Sculpt is on the agenda for me today.  Tongue out

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,527
    edited June 2012

some lawn work, 15 minutes toning & a 45 minute walk (at a somewhat slower pace because I was a little sore this morning). I was walking on this nature path close to my house & when I came around a bend a deer was standing right in the middle of the path. We were both suprised and both jumped at the same time, kind of cool! 

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2012

Went to my usual Sunday night 2 hour master vinyasa yoga class. I am whooped!

Despite the rain, the Heifer parade was great. My son did a great job playing the drums in the band and was a real trooper!

Night, all.Innocent

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012

Chicago-Bound people, did the e-mail I sent you (twice) go through? My e-mail account has been weird tonight (perhaps because I was almost out of power and didn't realize it). Ah, the joys of technology!

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012

I got results from my thyroid test back. My thyroid is fine, but my B12 is low! My doctor wants me to come in for more tests to see if I can get by with supplements or need injections. I'm not vegetarian so this is a surprise to me. But if low B12 is the key to my fatigue, I will be thrilled! I have become so wary of overdoing exercise and ending up fatigued. Crossing my fingers this will be the magic cure.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,851
    edited June 2012

cdfr: I know a couple of people who have monthly B12 shots. Good luck with your additional tests to see if you need shots or only supplements. Glad your thyroid is fine.

I wasn't able to walk today as I had a funeral to attend. Plan to get a walk in tomorrow before my night meeting. Now that I've written it, I have to do it!

Good news: Ruth is coming to NC this month and I get to have dinner with her! PLUS cfdr may be able to join us! I'm so looking forward to it!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2012
    Yes Ruth I got the emailKiss  I did a Body Step class today and then a little yard work.
  • NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2012

Welcome Neeners815! A short, daily walk while doing rads will make such a difference in your healing.  Keep us posted!

Did my Nordic dog walk as usual, but took a longer, more difficult route that includes some stairs I haven't been able to do in a long time!  Getting stronger. Smile

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited June 2012

Yesterday hubby and I walked about 3km in the rain as my start back into fitness. It was soooo hard for my muscles and it really wasn't a hard route... Hubby came with me as I am nervous about going out by myself since I still have a bit of this pneumonitis and have just started Herceptin. I can't believe that 5 months of BC has turned me into such a nervous person :-(

Today (Monday here) I headed out by myself since everyone was at work or school. I actually managed to go about 3.5km but it seemed harder than yesterday...

Tomorrow I have my rads planning CT scan and tatoos appointment. Should be interesting since the pneumonitis and any damage it has caused will show up. If I do have permanent lung damage we will have to reassess the benefit of me having the rads since they will cause a small degree of lung damage...

Jenn

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2012

Cfdr- I get monthly b-12 shots and it helped so much with my exhaustion. Did they also check vitamin D? That was low for me too. You will feel better when you get the shots.

• Belinda977
    Belinda977 Member Posts: 150
    edited June 2012

Bummed....I was getting my walking on and now I have a complication.  I feel like I am back at square one.  Praying today the doc says walking won't be a problem.  I have a hematoma that caused my incision to open slightly.  It's good that its draining but not sure if they will want me exercising.  I just want to run again!  And soon!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited June 2012

Hoping there are no lasting scars from pneumonitis, Jenn. Sorry for the latest obstacle, Belinda.

Did Week 7, Day 3.

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012

Going in for my follow-up tomorrow on the B12 labs. I don't think they tested vitamin D; I'll ask if that should be part of the follow-up. I take calcium/D3 and get lots of sun (with sunscreen of course! I've already had one basal carcinoma) but if D3 deficiency can be a problem with absorption (as can B12) then it's worth checking out. I am actually excited to go to the doctor if it means there is hope for this fatigue!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2012

2 mile "Nats Walk" yesterday from the parking lot to our seats and back, then 2 mile run this morning.  Gotta get back on track.  I've slacked off using loseit.com for a couple of weeks and the scale shows it.  I have a feeling the Wednesday Weigh In is not going to be pretty.  Embarassed

Ruth - cool on seeing the deer - sounds like you both were equally startled.  

As for Vit D - my onc is really big on making sure my levels are good - she says there's beginning to be a lot of evidence that maintaining adequate Vit D levels can help reduce recurrance in addition to the other benefits.  I don't think I've ever had B12 tested. I have my annual physical in a few weeks - I might bring that up.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited June 2012

C25K week 4, workout 3, check.

What's a Nordic dog walk?  (c:

Cool to happen upon a deer!

Healing vibes to all that need them.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,851
    edited June 2012

Since I posted last night that I would walk today, I came right home from work to walk/run before my night meeting. It's always good to be accountable to others.

Have a great night everyone! 

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2012

I may be crazy ladies, but I just signed up for a 200 hour yoga teacher training......wish me luck! Starts in July!!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited June 2012

Great picture Ruth.

Missswim, I sent you a pm, however, if you go to www.zumba.com there is a thread or icon or something that says classes in your area. Hope you get to find one near you.

I just got back from a zumba class. Feel better now after eating like crazy all weekend.

Hugs,

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited June 2012

5 km walk again this morning  AND  today I was able to track on loseit.com and NOT go over!!!  Maybe NOW I will be able to stay on track.  This month is going to get a little crazy, so I will have to stay really focused in order to stay on track now that I found it (the track, that is!)

Good Luck, misswim!!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012

How many weeks do you have to get the 200 hours in? More instead of less, I hope.

Had a lovely, felt like the first day of vacation, day. Read late last night, woke up and finished my bookbefore doing anything else. Then did two FIRM DVDs; one pilates and Cardio Dance Party, ran around doing errands, got some work done on my car (the shop very conveniently located next to the mall), went to some of a school board meeting and then to a candidates forum. DH is running for City Council (he must not have enough people who don't like him Undecided), so I went along for moral support (giving him the profound political advice, "Sit up straight and look at the camera when you are talking.")

Really nice weather here this week.

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited June 2012

misswim, how exciting about the 200-hour training! What style (or school of) yoga will you be studying? My 200-hour training took nine months, and it was spaced out purposely like that, to give us enough time to process and internalize all that we were learning. It wasn't just how to teach asana (the poses), but also yoga history, philosophy, chanting, meditation, pranayama (breathing practice), kundalini (a short-cut-to-the-energetics type of practice, very non-mainstream), just to name a few of the topics covered. And after the nine months, we were "reborn" as yoga teachers. It was a pretty amazing time, and I did my teacher training with 15 other women. I hope you have just as meaningful an experience with your teacher training as well. :)

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2012

Did a crazy sweaty spin class tonight and then negated it by going up to Little Saigon with a group from the gym and eating Vietnamese food, don't know what I ate but it was vegetarian and there was mint and lotus flower ohhh it was so goodTongue out  My mantra is I eat therefore I workout!!!!

How fantastic misswim congratulations, you've obviously found your passion.  Jenn my BFF in Oz is driving from Adelaide to Brissie and she's between Sydney and Nelsons Bay and has been posting pics on facebook all is can say is learn to swim and brrrrrr.  Ruth don't forget to tell DH to wear a red tie, all politicians wear red ties!!!  

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2012

Adey, a Nordic dog walk is when I walking with my Nordic poles and I take my dogs with me.  We go around the neighborhood daily.  The poles are good for getting my heart rate up faster and for increasing my stride.

Jenn, I'm so glad to hear you are getting out for a walk!!

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited June 2012

WOW - 200 hours of training! You really will be an expert!

I got out for two walks today... Once to our local shops and back and then this afternoon I parked in my work carpark and walked from there to my rads planning session. I could have parked right at the rad oncology department but chose to park further away so I could walk further.

I still feel like I'm walking through honey/syrup when I get out there. It is really hard to keep moving :-/ Did anyone else feel that way to start with. I have a chest x-ray and lung function test ordered by the MO and RO in 2 weeks to see if there's been any permanent damage. I know the pneumonitis is probably still affecting me and am so scared that this won't get any better!

Jenn

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2012

good morning ladies and g'day Jenn.  I didn't have rads so no advice, just lots of good wishes!

Walked 4.8 miles yesterday (10,200 steps).

Good luck with yoga teacher training, misswim.  Summer class starts in two weeks for me yay!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited June 2012

Did they check your vitamin D levels, Jenn? Just a thought. Could help with healing.

Badger, you are just about 70 miles from your goal! WOW!

Zumba tonight.

• Neeners815
    Neeners815 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2012

Hello, I forgot to post yesterday; I got did my 1 mile DVD walk.  Today I'm going for the 2 mile and will post when I've completed it.  Thanks!