Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2012

hi ladies, it was COLD this morning so wimped out on 4:30 a.m. but walked at noon and also after supper so it's all good.  Tomorrow I will get out early though, the hot weather is coming and I want to enjoy the cool while I can.

Ruth, congrats to your DH on the win.  He will do a good job, being a sensible man.  I know this is true because he had the good sense to marry you!  :-)

Wonderland & cfdr, have fun with Ruth - she is a hoot - please give her an extra hug from me.

Mary, I am going to be in D.C. next week with a group from work.  I won't have much free time but would love to meet up with you.  I'll PM you the details.  Maybe you'll have some ideas for places we could go for lunch and dinner that have good food but not too expensive.

'Night my sculpted friends!  ((hugs))

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2012

Misswim I am very impressed I don't think I could ever do that pose, in fact I know I never could.  Ronna hope the pain management doc can give you some relief it is so frustrating when one says one thing and then another says something else, have you ever thought of acupuncture?

Aghhhh tonight I bit the bullet and went to the "fancy" gym and worked out with the wonderful Eduardo sighhhhhh, did Body Pump and Body Combat with him it was fabulous, of course I pushed myself and now my foot is throbbing ahhh but it was worth it.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2012

Misswim, that is impressive!!

I did my 2 hour dragon boating yesterday; this morning was yoga followed by a good dog walk.

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012

I hurt just looking at the piture of the scorpion pose!

Ruth, enjoy the beach. The weather has been fantastic so far this summer, and the beaches in NC are awesome. I'll look forward to hearing about your trip next week!

Been doing yoga in the mornings and walking end of day...2nd B12 shot seems to have made a difference, as I worked my first 8 hour day since August 26 (!). Off soon to PT for a problem with my shoulder, opposite side from the truncal lymphedema...if it ain't one thing, it's another!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited June 2012

That is an amazing pose, misswim.

Ronna, hope you find a fix for the pain. Acupuncture, as CHeryl said, might help.

Rested yesterday, today a quick 30-minute core and leg workout. Stretching for 10 minutes.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2012

30 minutes weights/core/resistance this morning. 

Misswim - all I can say is wow on that pose! Ronna - hope the pain management clinic can help.  I'm so sorry about the scarring and pain from the implant - hopefully you can work with the ps for a long term plan to get you some relief soon.  Maybe a second opinion from another ps?  Badger - I PM'd you - would love to try a meet up in DC!! Cheryl - remember the old Peaches & Herb song "Reunited and it feels so goooooood!"  That was you and Eduardo last night!  Wink

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited June 2012

Misswim, Love the pose. I saw an ad for Hot Yoga today. Going to look into it.

Yes, I have done the accupunture thing.

Thank goodness for the I Hate My Implants thread. It keeps me sane with all my complaining.

Congrats to Ruth entering politcal world.

Just checking in, exercising with the mouth complaining and did a food shopping. Just can't do anything else today.

• kestrelgurl
    kestrelgurl Member Posts: 116
    edited June 2012

Missswim, that is freaking awesome! Very impressive! I can't even touch my toes....  Frown

But I did hit the trail at fabulous Sabino Canyon yesterday for a 9+ mile hike/run excursion with a friend. Such a beautiful area!

Today I rode my big girl bike to the studio and coached a Computrainer workout (yes, I do love cracking that whip Laughing), then paid my dues by taking a TRX class before riding home.

Now if I finish the laundry and dust, I will consider the day a success!

Hope everyone is doing something fun today!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2012

Ronna, hot yoga has been a godsend for me in moving the facia and breaking up scar tissue around my implants. The heat allows you to stretch further than when your muscles are cold. If you need any ideas about yoga poses that may help, feel free to PM me, happy to help. I had a bilat and my rangevif motion is better now than before BC, even with the implants. All yoga. I swear by it.

• badger
    edited June 2012

Misswim, we posted at the same time last night - that pose is awesome and so are you!

I also swear by yoga, it has helped me build strength and confidence as well as flexibility.  Summer class starts next week but I'll miss the first night because I'm out of town but will bring my yoga mat with me.

Did get up and out this morning.  It's so nice I may head back out for an evening constitutional.

'Night ladies.  ((hugs)) to all

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2012

Nats I used to love that Peaches and herb song it was so nice to be reunited with him, I've been avoiding him because I know I push myself extra hard in his workouts and my foot has been an issue.  Kestrelgurl wow 9 miles that is awesome.  Badger I hope you get to meet up with Nats and hope you get to do a little bit of sightseeing. 

Did an RPM class tonight followed by a Body Step class but the step class was done without a step, it's kind of like dancing on the floor you see my legs were really "feeling" my workout from yesterdayTongue out

• NWArtLady
    edited June 2012

We had an extra dragon boating session today! 2 hours of paddling in choppy water. Felt so good to be out in it.

• heidihill
    edited June 2012

Kestrelgurl, the Sabino Canyon Trail looks awesome! And 9 miles too!

Have some errands to run so will be doing a lot of city bike-riding today.

• kestrelgurl
    edited June 2012

Heidihill,

Sabino Canyon is a real jewel! Tucsonans are very lucky to be surrounded by mountains and have awesome workout options right at the edge of town. Smile It's killer! I was back out there at 5:00am this morning for a 6 miler with friends.....straight up for 3 miles and then straight down. Good thing I took my trekking poles!

So you're a city bike rider, too? I love living in a place where I can run most of my errands on my "Mary Poppins bike". It's really helped me to retire from competitive swim, bike, run. I am finding I truly enjoy a more functional approach to activity.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2012

30 minutes core/lower body strength, plus 15 minutes Lebeds this morning.  Looking forward to hitting the pool this weekend!

• sandpiper1
    sandpiper1 Member Posts: 508
    edited June 2012

Walked 25.6 miles in the last 2 weeks as part of the June 50mile challenge issued by a former co-worker of mine.

Nieces did 2 miles with me this week.......

I am so proud of them. :)

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2012

Feeling under the weather - think it's allergies.  Wasn't up to doing C25K today, instead hiked a 3 miler in the woods with an incline, enough for me today.  

Last day of school for my kids today - woohoo!  It will be super nice to sleep in and relax for a change.  Excited for summer.    

NatsFan   Peaches and Herb performed at my high school graduation party!  Several Florida high schools booked Disneyworld in Orlando for a night - and graduating seniors had the run of the park until dawn.  Seems like that was 100 years ago Tongue out  Fun memories.  

Happy Weekend and Hugs ~ 

• badger
    edited June 2012

hi ladies, got out and walked this morning, so nice when it's cool and quiet. 

There's road construction nearby so lots of truck traffic - noise & dust - but not at 5 a.m. 

hey Cheryl I will get to meet Mary next week, at a Nats game no less!  Cool

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  ((hugs)) to all

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2012

Body Pump and CX Works classes for me tonight, decided I needed to throw in more weight training and first time I've ever done a CX Works class, it's a core workout and it kicked my butt!!!!

Badger you'll have a blast and you'll get to do the 'Nats walk' I'm so excited for you twoSmile

• badger
    edited June 2012

Think anyone will mind if I wear my Milwaukee Brewers baseball cap?  Innocent  (probably not, since they're not doing very well this year.)

Got out for an early-morning walk and glad I did.  Got sprinkled on a bit but now it's raining which is great, we need it.

Happy Saturday!

• heidihill
    edited June 2012

Rowed 2K then played tennis with DH. Got trounced 15-1. Still that's one and many advantages in between. DD had an overnight party and slept through my screams of frustration. It's really time I got her into tennis since I'm feeling so much stronger now. She agreed to taking tennis lessons together.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited June 2012

C25K week 5 work out 3 done.

I ran....... jogged 2 miles!  It took 28 minutes instead of 20 but I'll take it.  (c:

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2012

Active day with DD - an hour of pilates reformer and a long hill hike with our favorite furry friend.   

Out to a Japanese restaurant tonight - kids' choice - to celebrate the finish of school.   

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012

Curious to know: is there anyone on this thread that (a) finished chemo in the fall/winter of 2011, and (b) is on femara? The reason ask is that I am so amazed at how much y'all are able to do...6 months after chemo there are days I still have trouble getting off the sofa...and unfortunately exercise seems to make things worse instead of better. Did those of you who are active now go through a phase like this? How long after chemo did it take you to be able to exercise without it setting you back with fatigue?

• purple32
    purple32 Member Posts: 1,767
    edited June 2012

wow, carol!

You are  a wealth of knowledge ..thanks so much!

One question ( 100 really  :>)
    You said :  "but when I returned to the gym afterward, I started with one pound dumbbells "
    Is that even with ' the good arm"?  Sounds silly, but you see I always lifted less with the left anyway ( broke the shoulder before)  is it okay to start back to the 5 lbs with the right arm or ?????
    I have not yet read the links, but you can bet I will!
    Many thanks.

* I'm sorry you were oen of the 40%  :>(

• NWArtLady
    edited June 2012

Hi cfdr, I finished chemo December 30, 2011. I'm on Tamoxifen, not Femera, but hopefully my experience will help nonetheless.  I built up to the level I am currently at and continue to work at it, a little at a time.  I paddled for 2 hours this morning with my dragon boat team, but bear in mind that this means taking breaks as a team to rest and pulling out of paddling when I need to.  

My PhysioOncologist had me exercise throughout chemo, even if it was only a slow walk down the block and back and that helped tremendously.  Start slow and build up. Push yourself but don't overdo it as that can actually cause more problems. These are other words of advice he gave me.

Hope this helps ~ 

• badger
    edited June 2012

cfdr, I am two years PFC and it took a good year to get back (close) to normal.  I don't push myself as hard as some of the ladies here, which is probably why I'm not as fit as some of the ladies here. 

I'm middle-aged and a bit pudgy but I walk and do yoga and watch what I eat.  Naps are good. 

Exercise energizes me.  But there are days I spend vegged out on the couch, reading.

Could it be the Femara?  ((hugs))

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2012

Body Combat class this morning then house cleaning and a Costco run to pick up my plethora of prescriptions, had to laugh ran into my RPM instructor in Costco had to look twice as you tend not to recognize people when all you ever see them in is workout gear and they have on "real" clothes!!!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2012

2 mile walk with my dog and 50 mins of P90X yoga- a dvd. Hard stuff! We plan to do a father's day hike this morning. Should be fun :)

• kestrelgurl
    edited June 2012

cfdr,

I have been pretty active and fit for most of my adult life, so I didn't have to start from scratch after treatment. I also did not have chemo, only radiation. I am on Tamoxifen and do have days where I just have trouble even getting out of bed. I generally force myself to do some kind of workout but then may spend the rest of the day lounging, reading, napping. It's been hard to accept this, but I have learned that if I don't respect my need for rest, I end up digging a hole that takes even longer to crawl out of.

I do find that I feel more fatigue on the Tamax than I did post-surg or during radiation. Not sure if it is physical, emotional or a mix of both.......but it's definitely an issue.