Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2012

Did the 45 minutes of toning, as promised.

Misswim, Ginger and anyone else interested, where do you want to go next time? We're easily led astray Wink!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

just popping in to say welcome my3sunz.  Good to see you here!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2012

Welcome Mini1 and my3sunz42 its nice to have you join us. Tonight I did my spin class and I'm going to say Claire I just don't know how you do it, tonight after half an hour on that bike my butt was crying outCry. Well I have to do laundry and pack my bag, I leave my house for the airport at 6.30am ..... Chicago here I come, woohoooooo!!!!!!  And Ruth is right we're easily led astray so start throwing out destination ideasSealed

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited July 2012

Ruth, Thinking of you and your friend's family. So sorry.

Hello and welcome to everyone - including all the new posters!

Wishing safe travels to Ruth, Cheryl, Badger, and everyone else going to Chicago this weekend. Have an awesome time! Be sure to post pictures. I remember when I was "included" in a picture during your last trip. Wonder who you will "meet" this time.

• my3sunz42
    my3sunz42 Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2012

Good lovely morning everyone ... happy days here in the land of cheese & beer as it rained last night :-) Boy, did we need it!! 

Got up this morning and did my walk / run ... ran a little over 3 miles today & walked 1 for a total of a little over 4. I felt great outside of a little soreness in my pectoral muscles. I assume this is from my recent 'fill up' on Monday (80 cc's in each breast). I proudly wore a new t-shirt from my DH that says, "Yes they're fake! My real ones tried to kill me."

Oh and the best part ... I saw an albino squirrel! Freaky looking little guy :-)

Make it a great day ladies! 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2012
    Well ladies I have been bad.No real workouts all week except for swimming off the boat in the lake. Next week I will have to make up for it.Still have relatives here until Monday.I am always just so dam tired.Yell
  • nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Thursday is legs and abs day. Crunches, squats, lunges, leg lifts, calve raises. Saw my LET and got MLD'd.

Pretty good day :)

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012

Ruth, so sorry about your friend. 

Still getting back to something resembling normal after vacation...the older I get the longer it takes for me to recover from anything! A vacation, a late night, a hangnail, you name it, it throws me for a loop. I want to spend the next week just getting back into something resembling a routine.

Went to my PT for my shoulder, and he gave me more exercises to do...it takes 40 minutes to get through them all! Between that and trying to catch up on work, I haven't gotten any other exercise in. Of course the weather doesn't help. But right now I'm listening to my DH pounding away on the treadmill. Maybe he can be an inspiration to me!

Did get to swim once in San Diego. Wish I had a pool here!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2012

I walked about one mile each to my haircut, then to a shop for tea, Italian lemonade, and wine.  Extra points for lugging the stuff home.

Hair looks great BTW, and the lady who did my pre-chemo new look was thrilled to see me healthy and fit again.

A good afternoon.  Back at work now. - Claire

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

Great Jivakmukti yoga class tonight. Quite similiar to my typical Vinyasa classes ( vigorous and fast moving) but with some poses in different sequence and held for longer. I am not doing nearly as much yoga as I usually do, as I have been focusing on cardio. Surprisingly, I feel less fit and have alot of chronic pain all of sudden so I am going to lighten up on the cardio and ramp my yoga up again until my body feels right........

Ladies, all of you have safe flights and have fun! I vote for Vegas or YC next year.....or somewhere warm in Cali!

• my3sunz42
    my3sunz42 Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2012

Happy Friday!! What a great day here in Wisconsin ... I enjoyed a 3 mile run + 1 mile walk in 65 degree weather :-) 

Make it a great day ladies! 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2012

Half hour run in wet sticky humid hot weather.  Huge storms last night, but all they did was increase the humidity.  Sunz - I have family in Milwaukee and Manitowoc so I know what great weather Wisconsin can get this time of year!!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited July 2012

Yesterday was a rest day. Today walked 5 km then aqua-gym'd and aqua-cycled for 2 hours.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2012

ruth...sending you a big, gentle hug.....so sorry.

• nibbana
    edited July 2012

Rest day, but I can't resist playing with my new curl barbell ;)

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited July 2012

{{{Ruth}}}

Wishing a wonderful weekend to all getting together in Chicago, what a special time!

I have my last "make up" race this morning, a 5k at a local airport that's right on the runway. Last year I was one week post-op from my exchange and I came with my husband who ran the race. They had pretty tight security there and didn't allow any bags. I still had a drain and was carrying it in a little leather sling pouch which sat at my hip, very discrete with the tube under my shirt. The woman working security asked that I remove the bag but when I showed her the tube that was connected to my body, she quickly waved me on. Heh, let's hear it for elite check-in status!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

Wow, Orange...what a story! I hope Chicago is still standing after that BCO get together.

35 minutes on my new (hand me down) treadmill while it poured outside. Nice not to have to leave the house!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

I am off to do something easy and low key as still not at full energy after last week's blowout.  It takes me a couple of weeks to recover.  Since I am doing the same thing to Vancouver BC in a month, I need to keep up my training.  I also need to stop by the bicycle shop and replace a mirror that went missing on the trip back.

Major positive difference in how my body feels.  Legs are HARD with mid section a lot firmer as well. 

Think I will do a ride in the countryside.  Hoping to snag some fresh eggs in my travels.....the kind where you leave money in the jar and ride off with free-range eggs.  You know they are free range because the chickens are running around.  And the most yummy ever.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

I am off to do something easy and low key as still not at full energy after last week's blowout.  It takes me a couple of weeks to recover.  Since I am doing the same thing to Vancouver BC in a month, I need to keep up my training.  I also need to stop by the bicycle shop and replace a mirror that went missing on the trip back.

Major positive difference in how my body feels.  Legs are HARD with mid section a lot firmer as well. 

Think I will do a ride in the countryside.  Hoping to snag some fresh eggs in my travels.....the kind where you leave money in the jar and ride off with free-range eggs.  You know they are free range because the chickens are running around.  And the most yummy ever.

• nibbana
    edited July 2012

Oh farm fresh eggs, the only kind I eat. 

Saturday is cardio day, so I will be off on my bike sometime today. Taking a break from the mountains. 

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

Swam at the lake today. Made it to the 1/2 mile point which is where I was pre-cancer so I am pretty happy with that!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

Success!!!  Got my eggs, a new bicycle mirror, and wonderful veggies and fruits at the cheap market.  I also cycled the ~20 miles I planned.  Slow start as had no idea how stiff I was, but things got a lot better a ways in.

The most splendid day for a ride which I did on some back roads literally in the shadows of the Cascades foothills.  Sun and clouds with temps in the low 70s.

Now for a bath to loosen everything up.....and dissolve the bicycle grease on my leg.

• phillybird
    phillybird Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2012

Went biking along the river today.  Will do weight training tomorrow.  So nice that the weather has cooled off.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited July 2012

Back on the treadmill today. Ran 4 km in 35 minutes. My personal best. Never ran so far and so long before. Will open a bottle of bubbly when I get to 5K.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

My kind of incentive Heidi!  I used Fat Tire amber ale for visualization for the second half of Day 2 for the STP.  The one I imagined was about 30' tall and served as a beacon drawing me into Portland.  I actually drank an IPA...even better!!

Especially welcome after 2 days of water and electrolyte drinks.

I am planning a 30+ mile group ride on Ebey Island (Snohomish River flood plain).  Most flat and one of my favorite rides.  Slept in, so missed church.

Congrats on a personal best. - Claire

• wonderland
    edited July 2012

Good day to all!

Claire: I've enjoyed reading about your rides. Very inspiring.

Heidihill: I can almost taste your bubbly as I'm sure you can! Won't be long now.

Yesterday, I pushed mowed in the heat and humidity for an hour. I was soaking wet when I finished. Plus, I was stung 5 times! Not even sure what stung me as they came out of no where. 

Hope to walk/run today outside if it doesn't rain. Plan B is to walk inside.

Happy Sunday to everyone! 

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

Hot yoga baptiste class Saturday. We boated out to my fav place on earth, Block Island, RI today. Walked two miles on the beach and swam in the ocean. Delightful!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

I LOVE Block Island.  Have done a cycling day there about three times. The best way to see the various high points, including the South Light House (you get even more exercise descending all those stairs and then climbing back up).

The ride I did today was ~30 miles, but a different route with more hills.  But nothing I couldn't get up.  Only three of us showed and that was just fine.  Was cloudy as opposed to rain.  That was jsut fine too.

The mention of Block Island has me jonesing for clams and beer.  I must have some fried bellies when I go East next month.  Meanwhile, Ivar's does wonderful clams and cheap at their seafood bar.

Lots more training over the next three weeks as the ride to Vancouver is hillier than the one to Portland.  So need to keep the fitness level going.

Think a nap and bath before doing some work that I have to get out before tomorrow. - Claire

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

hi ladies, back from a fun long weekend in Chicago.  I've no pix but Ruth & Cheryl took lots, now if they can figure out how to post them with the new format here.

Thurs was elegant supper in a nice restaurant then live musical theater - Rock of Ages.  Now maybe I will see the movie.  Fri was CTA bus #22 to Chicago History Museum and Graceland Cemetary (had perfect weather to walk around the grounds) then architectural river tour, then classic Chicago deep-dish pizza. 

Sat was free summer workout on the great lawn of Millennium Park.  We exercised for four hours - tai chi at 7, yoga at 8, pilates at 9, and zumba at 10.  Got cleaned up and headed out on a water taxi to Navy Pier where we had a lovely ride on the Tall Ship Windy.  Then to Greek Town for supper with Adey, Corinne and Lago.  Great to meet you IRL!  (Corinne, how was the half-marathon today?)

We walked a lot.  Logged 19.75 miles on the pedometer (41,800 steps) over the long weekend. 

The hotel was fabulous!  What a blast we had and would love to do it again next year!  Cool  

OK gotta go, have a good week everyone!  ((hugs)) to all

(edited for spelling)

• wonderland
    edited July 2012

badger: Can't wait to see pictures! What an awesome weekend!