Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

Badger- sounds like a great trip. You make us proud with 4 hours of exercise and all that walking! Could you hear the voices?

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2012

We were WEARING the VOICES! Cool

Tomorrow I will try to figure out how to post pictures...unless Cheryl figures it out first.

Who all would be interested get-together next summer? Think about it; if we have an idea, we could pin down a date and place by maybe January or thereabouts.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

Ruth, I am so in!!!!

Claire, Block is my very favorite place in the world. Last summer we had a giant family reunion there, and was recovering from my BMx and had just had port surgery three days prior. I just could not make it.....and it broke my heart. It was really wonderful to be there today walking on Mansion Beach and jumping in the waves, healthy and fit. We are going on vacation there for a week in August. So excited!

The hubby and I went out for a walk a few years ago when visiting there, just kept walking and nearly circled the whole island on beach.... amazing!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2012

Probably the easiest thing to do with pictures is put up a custom link on Picassa for all of us (new account, not tied to anything else), post all the pix there, and then post the link here.

You are all welcome to plan a x-country ski adventure in January.  Lots of exercise.  Can follow up with wine tasting and eating foods like pate and boeuf bourguignonne.  Of course, a bit of salad to keep things healthy.  Tarte aux pruneaux for dessert.

Ten miles of x-country and you will burn all that off.

I have an oncologist visit tomorrow.  Not worried, and this is the normal drill.  Takes vitals, then pokes me all over.  Finally she shakes her head and says something like "I need to be doing more of what you're doing".  This is very funny coming from someone 25 years younger than I am.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2012
    Concur with Badger & Ruth had a GREAT time in Chicago and loved IRL meeting with Adey, Corinne and Lago.  Loads of laughing, walking and good eating and the City of Chicago's saturday exercise in the park program was awesomeKiss
  • my3sunz42
    my3sunz42 Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2012

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm very jealous AND interested if something gets scheduled for next year :-) Would love to put faces with some incredibly strong, supportive women! Happy Monday ladies ... no exercise for me today ... fill up & physical therapy this morning. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2012

You ladies have been to block Island more than I have, and I live in RI!  Isn't that always the way, the only time you sightsee in your own state is when people come to visit you from out of town.  My daughter, fiancee and friends are coming next weekend (they live in Maryland), and guees where they are going for a day - Block Island!  I agree, it's a beautiful place - hubby and I celebrated our 25th there a few years ago, stayed at the Manisees, rented the room with the jacuzzi - biked all over the place, and I am not a biker, but had a wonderful time.

Been exercising a fair bit, but not posting.  Doing couch to 5k 3 times a week getting ready for race in September - added some arm work yesterday to my routine.  I try to walk every weekday at lunch for 30 minutes, and do classical stretch in the mornings before work.  And if I am a good girl, do 100 crunches before bedtime.

You guys are a real inspiration!

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Pat, 100 crunches before bed??? Wow, that's awesome! I do maybe 20. Got to get better on those.

Well, my shoulder abduction sucks, I think my arms miss my PT pulling on them. Have to start from stratch with wall deltoid/pec stretches. 

Still did shoulder workout today, rotator cuff external and internal, barbell presses, bent over lateral raises and standing lateral raises. 

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited July 2012

Corinne, Badger, Lago, Adey, Ruth, Cheryl.

I look possessed and Cheryl is sleeping, but it was fun!  (c:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/lauren3g/Greektown7212012.jpg

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2012

Crap now I know I need eye surgerySurprised  oh and while I'm there maybe they could suck out 40/50lbs!!!!  I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures right now but I don't have many of us together I have lots of pictures out of our window which was an amazing view from the 40th floor and Ruth was better at grabbing people to take our picture - oh and I'm supposed to be working.....

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2012

Loved the photo ladies looks like you had a great time.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

The Voices did make us do it!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Taking a water break!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Zumba in the Park with a few of our friends!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Chicago is our kind of town!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

Ladies, so jealous!!! Looking good! Ruth- hot legs!!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Cheryl awakens! Greek Town fun!! Corinne was running a half marathon the next day, so we were helping her 'carbohydrate load'. Wink

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Hot everything and hot everyone!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

It's getting humid here again, we hit town at the perfect interlude between hot spells.

Great pix, what fun we had!  I am in for next summer for sure!

Slept in 'til 5 a.m. but walked two miles at work today (4,235 steps). 

• scooter-12
    scooter-12 Member Posts: 26,606
    edited July 2012

Ladies, love..love..love your pics from the weekend.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012
    Hi Scooter! Care to join us? Smile
  • ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about exercise....I did an hour of stretching and light toning today. Tired from having all that fun!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited July 2012

Wonderful pictures, ladies! Looks like you all had a great time! Love the back-of-the-shirt photo too :)

I'm not posting much, but I'm running an awful lot, and all is good. Wishing the best to everyone! 

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

Love the pics! Did yoga therapy this morning but spent all afternoon at a ladies' afternoon with friends I have not seen in a while. Really fun!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

I did a short walk after weights/crunches in the AM.  Oncology appointment went just fine.  Bragged about doing the 6th Seattle-to-Portland in a row.

Had to share the picture of me celebrating with all my medals from last week.  This was two days later after fumigated and rested.  Wine was drinking just great. - Claire

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited July 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Chicago pictures!!! All of you look absolutely fabulous!

Claire: you deserve your wine after winning all those medals - Outstanding!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

Nice pic, Claire ~ congratulations and cheers!

Got up early to walk this morning but thunderstorms were rolling through.  We need the rain so badly I can't really complain.  Contented myself with some yoga stretches while waiting for coffee.

Have a great day everyone!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited July 2012

Great pics from Chicago! Cheers, Claire!

Walked 5K with DD and did some abs exercises from a Tracy Anderson DVD.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

Thx Heidi.  I just realized that I should bill my ~3 mile walk to bank and wine bar/market shops that I have planned for later as "5 K".  Was looking online, and may do a 50 mile group ride to a new area I have never seen.  Will be fun, as I have cycled part of this route many times.

That is for Saturday so think I need to do something else between now and then.

BTW - the wine bar wine is that good....all local estate wine producers.  Especially good deal on Thursday evenings when they do $4 specials.

Important to move as last night's dinner was leftover Ragu Bolognese I had in the freezer.  I still have half left.  Life is tough.

Anyway back to work as behind from yesterday's onc visit.  Plus my AM weights/crunches routine.  My abs get beyond lazy if I don't remind them regularly who's boss! - Claire

• my3sunz42
    my3sunz42 Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2012

Awesome pictures from Chicago ... sure looked like a memorable visit! 

Got a little over a 4 mile run in today! My legs felt great, breathing was nice & easy ... and my foobs only felt slightly sore ... but hey they're sore whether I'm sitting or running so wtf :-)

Cheers to another great day ladies!