Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2012

Welcome Fearless, if you can find a way to get rid of the flabby arms, please share! (I believe I inherited mine from my mother!)

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2012

Ruth.....my arms seem to be rock hard after that trip to Portland.

Heidi....I am the one who spent $96 in parking and fines (parking pass fell down) to go X-COUNTRY SKIING IN THE RAIN earler this year.  That does not include gas.

Have been sitting all day, but feel I am on roller skates.  Does that count????  I did do weights/crunches and will walk later.  But need more distance than to the jazz concert (FREE!!!) and back.

I have some more consulting work headed my way.  Man, am I busy.  But energized, and energized is good.  Will need that 50 miler I have planned for Saturday.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

I do arm stuff all the time, so I'm blaming it on my mom!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2012
    Welcome Fearlessfoot nice to have you join us.  Joy sounds like your vacation was wonderful.  Heidi what an expenive lake swimSurprised  Claire hope you have good weather for saturday.  Tonight I did an RPM class - 45 minutes on that bike and my legs are screamingTongue out
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

hi ladies and welcome Fearlessfoot.  Congrats Cheryl on four years out!

I'm up very early and having a cup of coffee then will get out and walk while it's still in the 60's.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

walked for an hour and did a little toning with Richard. I'm having company for the weekend so need to get myself organized.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

Cleaning house counts too, Ruth.  And you can always add a "morning constitutional" into the agenda for your guests.

Jazz was a major bust (drummers from Ghana!) so we walked to the wine bar, and later on to dinner.  Ended up with a couple of miles of walking, and I'm counting it.

Wow.....is August ever going to be busy.  Two major projects plus all the nonprofit work I am doing.  Plus cycling to Vancouver.  Plus a trip to NYC.

Speaking of which, I have a major item I need to get off my "to do" list, so I can tackle the Start of August......

(August starts this afternoon for me, not next Wednesday.)  So nice to be busy and engaged in life/my career.

• badger
    edited July 2012

hi ladies, I walked for an hour this morning.  I'm fortunate to live somewhere dark enough to see the swath of the Milky Way in the night sky, and safe enough to walk around alone at 4 a.m.  Beautiful and peaceful.

Sipping the last of a lovely 2004 Napa Valley merlot from Grgich Hills.  (that is not a typo)  Cheers!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

Sounds divine, badger!  Am finally at wine time.  I nearly added wine to my tea noonish, to illustrate the degree of frazzlement.  Sad is that a couple of colleagues were ready to join me!

I got in my exercise anyway, and am in good shape.  Sad that I am already planning for August, but I greatly prefer trying to figure out how to get it all done, to wondering where the money will come from.

Growing up in Northern Vermont, I saw the Milky Way all the time.  Particularly brilliant when -10F.

Still planning on the ~50 mile ride in the AM. - Claire

• badger
    edited July 2012

OMG it's in the 50's this morning - actually a bit chilly!  Headed out soon for a walk.

Good luck today, Claire.  Happy Saturday ladies!

• my3sunz42
    my3sunz42 Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2012

Badger - I hear you ... I was at the Brewer game last night & it was down right 'chilly' as we walked back to our car :-) I'm still waiting for the beer fog to lift from my head before my morning run ... but hey, it's cooler out, so perhaps an afternoon run is in order. Enjoy your weekend ladies!

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012

My latest B12 shot has kicked in and I'm back to doing some exercise. I've started doing 10-15 minutes on the treadmill right out of bed, starting slow and working up to a brisker pace, then another, longer walk later in the day. Did a little over 30 minutes last night on the treadmill; heading out soon for a walk in the woods before it gets too hot here again. Also continuing my PT arm exercises every night. If they ever actually heal my shoulder maybe I can get back to kayaking some day!

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited July 2012

Had to curtail my walk and have my husband pick me up because I started feeling lightheaded and thought I might pass out. Maybe I should start a new topic...Let's post our daily failed attempts at exercise. :-(

• my3sunz42
    my3sunz42 Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2012

cfdr - that's awful! I hope you're doing better & resting. 

• badger
    edited July 2012

((cfdr)) hope you are feeling better now.

Walked for an hour this morning including a stop at the local farmers market.  Got green beans, fresh basil & cilantro, and tomatoes that ripened yesterday and were picked this morning.  Got some nice locally-produced mozzarella in the fridge.  Claire, you made me hungry for caprese salad!

Doing something different this afternoon: Saturday matinee movie.  Going to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDY89LYxK0w

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2012

CFDR hope you are feeling better, don't you just hate all these side effectsFrown.  Claire hope you are enjoying your ride.  Badger I thought about you and Ruth this morning as I trudged off to the gym remembering the fun we had last saturday exercising together.

Did a Body Combat class it was hard work and I sure felt it in my shoulders and hips but it's a beautiful day and this afternoon I'm going to brave the crowds and go down to the beach for a walk (now I've said it I HAVE to do it)Sealed

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

Back from my ride.  Slow go on the first hills, but eventually hit my stride and finished the 50 miles.  Legs and butt are talking to me.  Stopped by the market for tomatoes and beans.  No great beans, but great sugar snaps, so that is what I got.  Plus gorgeous red chard, raspberries and blackberries, a lot of Yakima tomatoes, purple carrots, and avocados.

Nap, bath, and then some work before dinner.  I have to work on my list from last night.

The best news about today is that the terrain is similar to the ride to Vancouver coming up, and I know I will be just fine.

Got an invite to a BBQ next Saturday, so day will go: ride to rooftop with front row view of the Blue Angels.....cycle back to car, change and hit BBQ.

Feel so lucky and blessed. - Claire

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2012

Walked for an hour on the beach this afternoon, it was lovely watched a bit of the US Open Surfing and fight on the pier .... the crazies are in town!!!!

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Did my chest and back workout yesterday and today it's off to the mountains.

• badger
    edited July 2012

slept in 'til 7 now having a 2nd cup of coffee but hearing these VOICES saying go take a walk.

We really enjoyed "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" see it if you get a chance.  Happy Sunday!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2012

2 mile walk with Mikey early this morning, then I just finished mowing the lawn.  Going to hit the pool for the rest of the day!  Happy Sunday!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited July 2012

One hour walk/run with DD - we're getting faster so will add on another leg to the trail.  

I'm inspired by the cycling events in the Olympics - the women's team did an incredible job this afternoon.   

Hope that everybody is having a good weekend.   

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

I am back to yoga every day and feel so much better! Lost 4 lbs and feeling great.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012
    Well, my brother was in town this weekend. Every three months or so he swoops in, spends 24 hours, criticizes how we are taking care of my dad and leaves. Yell I should be used to how he operates and shouldn't let it bother me, but of course it does. Did Firm Hard Core Fusion yesterday before he came and Cardio Dance Party after he left.  Hot and humid here.
  • claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

I did my extremely laid back 20 mile ride to Alki Beach and took in the art show there.  Had Clams & Chips on the way back.  Everyone was out doing things like Paddle Boards and Kayaks.  Most amazed at the two swimmers.  Water is warm if in the 50s there.  I also walked along the Seattle Waterfront on the way back and saw the Big Wheel up close.  Other new item was the just-opened Tasting Room just feet off the trail.  Wasn't as fond of the wines as the ones I usually drink.....yes, I went in for a tasting.

Back at work re-energized and refreshed.  But man, am I feeling yesterday's workout.  I also think I am not totally recovered from my trip to Portland.  But should be fine for VancouverInnocent

Tomorrow, I get to do one of the things I excel at.....hand out beer to golfers.  And unlike last year when I froze to death, it should be a glorious day!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

On cape cod for the week. Took a nice walk on the beach with DH this morning.

• nibbana
    edited July 2012

Went on a 7 mile, 1600 foot elevation gain hike today at Mt Rainier NP. Since I seem to be dyslexic at posting pictures here I will just describe it to you. It starts out in forest, gaining elevation steadily. At three miles, it breaks out into open meadows with Governor's Ridge on one side and Tamanos Mt on the other. There are two lakes, (Owhyhi Lakes). Lots of wildflowers popping, hippy-on-a-stick, magenta paintbrush, lupine, shooting stars, glacier lillies. The best part, mild temps and no bugs, but my LE arm got grumpy and looks like a puffer fish. 

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2012

Body Step class this morning, my wrist and knee are still sore from the fall so I'm not doing any push ups or planks (which I usually do on my knees).

Ruth next time he swoops in have all the paperwork ready for a facility in the town he lives in and pretend it's now gonna be his responsibility that will shut him upWink.  Claire you are a work horse a 20 miler just for funTongue out.  Nibbana your description sounds lovely, I wonder if you can cut and paste from facebook?????  Ginger enjoy the cape it is so lovely there.  Joy I have been inspired by the diving but I don't think I could climb up that towerSurprised

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2012

{{Ruth}} Good thing you still had time to destress at your workout.Sometimes family members manage to hurt us the mostwithout even realizing it.

I promiseto drag my butt into the gym today.Have had a lazy weekend watching Olympics.Laughing 

• nibbana
    edited July 2012

Shoulder day, lateral raises kicked my butt, had to drop down to 3 lb weights to get good form.

Kettlebell comes in today!