Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2012

Wonderland I'm so sorry, tomorrow will be a very hard day for you and your co-workers and I'm sure there will be many tears shed tand here's no shame in that it's a place where you've given your all and it is a closing chapter but my Dad always said when a door closes a window opens i know it's cliche but there will be a silver lining in your future.  Mary your party sounds fun and I agree Oriental Trading is a real treasure to find trashCool.

Tonight I did a Step class, I have to admit I did it half assed as it was so hot and humid and I was tired but at least I went and that counts for something.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited July 2012

Wonderland, that's terrible! Wishing many silver linings for you!

Did my exercise class in the morning and Zumba at night. Learned 3 new routines/songs at Zumba. It's nice that my brain cells get challenged, too.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

Good morning ladies, back from a lovely & cool morning walk.  Still in the 50's but that will change later today.  It's the hottest driest summer on record. 

Mary, have fun at your party, sounds like a blast.  Sorry I can't pray for no rain because we need it so badly here.  I feel for the farmers whose fields are in drought conditions.  Watch for corn prices to rise and also the cost of anything that is fed corn, like beef.

Wonderland, sorry to hear about your job.  I know your family will be OK but it's still a shock. 

Hang in there!  ((hugs)) to all

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited July 2012

{{{Wonderland}}}

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited July 2012

Hugs and best wishes Wonderland.

Still not much exercise here.  Soon.  (c:

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

So sorry Wonderland!

Yoga the past few days, home to do Tapout Core after work.

• misswim
    edited July 2012

No time for tapout core as have to make a movie with my son, but I managed a 35 min Chalean Johnson Fat Burn Challenge from Chalean Extreme. Got a good sweat on and will hit the Tapout in the am.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2012

45 minutes Total Body Mix with Denise Austin.

Thinking of you today, Wonderland.

• badger
    edited July 2012

hi ladies, I owe you a debt of gratitude.  Had a crappy day at work, the road was chock-full of idiot drivers on the commute home, and I did not want to go to yoga class tonight.  Felt the anger & frustration oozing out of my pores and thought this is the wrong attitude to go practice yoga.  Skip class.  But then I saw my Sculpted Sisterhood t-shirt and The Voices said oh no you don't, yoga is exactly what you need right now.  Put on this shirt and go.  So glad I did, thanks, you were right!

((Wonderland))

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Just bought a piece of crap, cheap barbell at China-Mart. It's something to at least give me some more varied exercises.  If I keep this up, and I hope to, I'll get a better barbell and start getting plates. 

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2012

Wonderland...boy..that sure isn't a lot of warning...do you get to keep your medical for a year afterwards or do you have to start the change now??? I am about to ask for a year's leave and even though it is my decision, it is SCARY as HELL!...and I think I have a job to go to...I can only imagine....but I can also imagine how strong you are and how this may push you in a new direction...change...not easy...often not our choice...but you CAN do it....you CAN! hugs coming your way along with a shoulder, a hug and a box of kleenex. Let 'er rip!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited July 2012

Thanks for all your thoughts and support. Today another person in my department was also given the bad news about her position. There are only 6 of us in the department and we are family. Everyone is nervous.

No exercise tonight as I had a meeting to attend. Will listen long and hard for the voices tomorrow. 

Badger: Glad you listened!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2012

oy oy....do indeed listen to the voices and get a rush on the crowd looking for more. Any sick days off you can use up on the next week to find something else?

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2012

Body Combat class tonight and it was a new launch 750 punches and I think she said 248 kicks, my body sure knew it, shoulders were on fire.

(((Wonderland))) hope the days ahead get easier as you get more and more used to your new way of like.  Sorry to hear you had a crappy day Badger but good job on putting it behind you.

• misswim
    edited July 2012

Cheryl, I thought of you this morning...... Body Step for 45 mins. It is supposed to be 95 here today and I had to get the exercise out of the way!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited July 2012

Back on from being MIA. Ruth, my heart is so sad for you and family.

Last exercise I did was on the 4th. 75 minutes of high intensity zumba. Somehow not motivated to do anything, that is why I am here again.

However, I was in the pool during the heatwave, like Esther, I too had a sensation in my new foob. I saw stars while emerging out of the water. My Pain Management Dr., which I am presently seeing said it could be that I pulled a muscle while reaching for the ladder in or out.

Anyway, wanted to check in. Will Zumba in house with my new set of DVDs.

Voices Voices Voices.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited July 2012

Wonderland, I just reread your post. I lost my job after 14 years, working for same attorney and w/out  notice. I wish you the best.

My benefit was that I became a 99'er with unemployment. However it is not easy for anyone to lose a job, especially when they love what they do, I know I loved my job.  Thinking of you and easy days ahead.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Took a long walk with a friend and her dog, also did 30 minutes of Pilates. Hugs to all!

• heidihill
    edited July 2012

Did a half hour workout with the bosu ball last night. Tonight ran 35 minutes, walked 15 minutes.

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2012

Spin class tonight and while I was in the gym it rained so it was lovely and cool when I came out ahhhhh

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Have to take a rest day today. Ok, maybe I'll cheat and do some crunches.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012
    Did a FIRM toning DVD & now we are off to S.D. where we will help celebrate the 95th birthday of DH's aunt. It should be a big party as she had 11 children, as did DH's parents!
  • heidihill
    edited July 2012

Wow, that's a lot of family! Have fun!

Will do some Zumba on the Wii.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2012

I decided to post on this thread....finally. 

Yesterday, was a walk to the wine bar in back, one mile each way.  Also stopped by the bicycle shop for a valve nut to make it easier to blow up my bicycle tires.  Today, I will be walking about 3-4 miles as have to pick up my contacts in one direction, and do a bit of grocery shopping in the other.  Wednesday, I walked to REI and back to pick up my Seattle-to-Portland packet, about 4 miles total.  The walking in addition to my weekday weights/crunches routine.

Most of this in preparation for the big event (Seattle-to-Portland Bicycle Classic) tomorrow and Sunday.  200+ miles over 2 days; the good cyclists do it in one day.  I am not that good.  This year, it's as part of the Group Health Fitness Network, as you are a member if you are a patient.  Nice to get discounts on these things, about $200 so far this year (which I have more than spent replacing worn out spandex cycling bottoms).

For those who didn't see my recent thread, I was featured on the Group Health Fitness Network website along with another woman who is the real hero here.  Shawn makes me feel like a slacker as she is doing about 125 miles on Day 1.  I'm doing 115.

Here is the link.

https://www.grouphealthfitnessnetwork.com/index.php/inspiration/get-inspired-2/tinker-boice

Hoping everyone gets out and does something FUN this weekend that also involves exercise.  Two wine bar ladies are planning another "cycle and taste" day, this time exploring Bainbridge Island, a short ferry ride from here.  Very different wine as cool climate grapes....most grapes are from east of the Cascades which has hot summers.  So adding that one to the agenda.

One final thing I would mention is GET COMFORTABLE GEAR.  You most likely get this message if doing distance cycling.  My new shorts road tested just beautifully last Sunday.  Can't wait for this weekend's adventure!

• misswim
    edited July 2012

Claire, your posts on other threads always make me smile, and were very inspiring to me when I was going through treatment. I am so glad you are here! Welcome :)!

• badger
    edited July 2012

hi ladies and welcome Claire.  The furthest I've ever ridden in one day is 100 miles (a "century" ride).  That was quite some time ago, more than 20 years, when I lived in Colorado and dated a triathlete.  I know exactly what you mean about the bike shorts.  :-)  Good luck at the Classic this weekend!

Walked this morning early while it was still cool.  Just dropped off my car for an oil change and walked to the market then home, not cool anymore, will walk back in an hour to pick up my car.

Tomorrow I'm headed to a celebration of life party for a friend who just had a lung transplant.  Sure makes a person appreciate the simple act of breathing, doesn't it? 

Have a great weekend everyone!  ((hugs)) to all

• heidihill
    edited July 2012

Nice to see you here, Claire! and good luck if you're reading this before setting out! Total elevation gain of some 2400 feet is nothing to sneeze at. I need a new pair of bike shorts, too, as the ones I have are about 20 years old. They fit my daughter now.

• misswim
    edited July 2012

Got up and did a 4.2 mile hike up Mount Wantasitquet this morning. 2.1 miles up and 2.1 miles down. Very steep incline with 11 switchbacks so the climb is serious cardio and the descent is a bit sketchy. We went out at 7:00 am and when we were done at 9, the temps were already 81!

Off to watch the Tough Mudder!

• badger
    edited July 2012

Walked 4.05 miles this morning in 65 mins.  Happy Saturday!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Hi Claire, good to see you over here on the BEST THREAD of BCO! Sounds like you will have a fun weekend and will look marvelous in your spandex, no matter how the rest of it turns out. Smile

Walked with a friend, dodging into the shade whenever possible, and did a FIRM DVD, Rock Solid Abs, which was a heck of a lot of work.

Have a great Saturday, stay cool!