Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2012

Actually, it will take about 2 weeks to fully recover from this exertion.  I mean I am fine, but in no way ready for major exercise.  So my weights/crunches and walking and some miles this coming weekend.  Right now, my body is still purging itself of all the electrolyte drinks and energy potions.  Interesting how the recovery process works.  No problems sleeping last night either.

I think that water exercise in heat is the way to go. 

I may walk to the Market and wine bar later.  One mile each way, and I need more fresh veggies.  Plus stop by the bike shop to replace the mirror that came off between Portland and here during the car trip back.  No great loss as had seen better days.

I am wondering if I will be even stronger for the trip to Vancouver BC next month.  I suspect I will be as I can feel more definition in my muscles.  Arms as well as legs and back.

Wondering what my oncologist will say when she sees me next Monday?  No, nothing about cancer, but about how fit I am.  Her normal routine is to give me a quick once over and shake her head.

Need to get rolling and start working.  Didn't get that much done yesterday for some reason.  Today, need to get back in gear.

Happy exercising! - Claire

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Supposed to be my rest day but I cheated, just a little, with some simple crunches and leg lifts.

Just can't seem to totally rest on rest days.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited July 2012

MissSwim, great photo.

Last night did an hour of workout at the gym, eliptical, free weight machines and on to an hour of Zumba. Was in a mood.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2012

Walked this morning. This afternoon I got a package from Amazon. I needed another item to get free shipping (you know how that goes), so ordered a 50 minute Denise Austin DVD called Sculpt & Burn. Tried it out, and it was pretty good.

cfdr, my DS went to Comic Con a couple years ago, and had a great time. Too bad in all the picture he took he was wearing a storm trooper helmet!

• phillybird
    phillybird Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2012

DH and I are going to the gym now!!!!  Stay cool, ladies!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited July 2012

paddled at Tecumseh, Ontario this weekend...and paddled with the Kentucky team as well for one race! wheeha sisters!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2012

3 mile walk yesterday, and 90 mins hot yoga tonight. Going out for a run in the morning.

Claire, awesome job!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2012

Walked at the beach for an hour

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

Walked three miles today.  One mile to the drugstore and back to exchange reading glasses so I can see the computer with my new distance contact lenses.  Then a mile each way to the wine bar to properly celebrate completing 6 of 6 Seattle-to-Portland rides.  Now to make dinner.

Early AM as have a meeting to get to. - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Just received the very sad news that my friend who had been in Hospice has passed away.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

I am so sorry Ruth.  These things are never easy.  One reason I cherish every day I have been given.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

((Ruth)) so sorry to hear that news.

Walked a bit this morning, not far and not fast, but got out there nonetheless.

Yoga class tonight.  Have a good day ladies.

• misswim
    edited July 2012

Ruth, I am so very sorry. Sending you a big hug.

• Belinda977
    Belinda977 Member Posts: 150
    edited July 2012

Jumping back in!  I love everyone's positive energy.  I have been doing a walk run combo 3.5 miles a day (2 minutes walking then 2 of running). Trying to get back running the entire 3.5 miles.  Hopefully the rads won't ruin my plans but I will keep going.  It has definitely helped with the stress.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

Ruth- I am so sorry about your friend. Sending you hugs today!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2012

Ruth - I am so sorry. 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2012
    Half hour run this morning - nothing like running in 80 degree temps and 70% humidity. Yuk. It's supposed to hit 100 again today.  It's been a nasty summer here as it has been in so many other places.  But on the bright side it was a two-bunny run!
  • heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited July 2012

((((Ruth))))

Biked one hour yesterday, plus Zumba in the evening. Today I'm exhausted from walking 40 minutes, aqua-gym for one hour and aqua-cycling for another hour. The brochure for aqua-cycling says you burn double the calories compared to cycling on land because you have lymph drainage from the water compression. It was cool in the water in any case.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2012

(((Ruth))) I am so sorry

Mary come to HB we're having a strange summer 50% of the days we're under marine layer the other 50% it's beautiful with very low humidity.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited July 2012

Ruth-  I am so sorry about your friend.  Prayers for you both.  I look forward to meeting you and the temps are going down a bit.  (c:

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2012

I'm new here. It's great to see all the active ladies out there. Between the rads (almost done) and the 100*+ weather, the exercise has been limited to mild indoor exercise, but when I get my strength back I'm going to be right there with you all getting my muscles back!

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2012

Today was arms day. Tricep extenders and kickbacks, bicep curls, and wrist curls. Three sets of 15 with 5 lb dumbbells.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

hi ladies and welcome Mini1.  Logged 5.6 miles for the day (11,853 steps).

I'm getting excited for our Chicago adventure that starts TOMORROW. 

Done with work for the week, did some last-minute shopping & errands.

Yoga class tonight, then home for supper and to finish laundry & pack.

It's DH's poker night so I will have the house all to myself. 

I do believe I'll blast the Blues Brothers soundtrack WOO HOO!!!  Cool

• ginger48
    edited July 2012

Swam again today. I am almost back to my distance I was swimming the summer before my diagnosis and that feels great!

• my3sunz42
    my3sunz42 Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2012

Hi ladies ... I new to this area as I recently received the all clear to begin running again post BMX + Recon ... Ran 3, walked 1 today & yesterday. Damn it feels so good to be back running! You guys are an inspiration!

Ruth - so so sorry about your loss! 

• phillybird
    phillybird Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2012

Ruth - I am so sorry to hear about your friend.  ((Ruth))

My MIL (stage 4 ovarian cancer) has been on home palliative care now since last October.  She's been such a fighter, but is getting very close to the end.  It is so sad and stressful for everyone.

I played some ping pong today and am thinking about riding my exercise bike when I get home.  But I am also thinking about a burger.  I need the protein!

Misswim - I love your pics of hiking!  I hope to do some in the Hudson Valley next weekend.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

Welcome Mini and my3sunz!

Thanks ladies, my friend was a devoted teacher, mom, friend, and a fun, talented, brave lady. She will be missed.

I had a busy day; I had a 6 month checkup, which I passed (whew). Then brought some muffins over to my friend's house and hanged out with her family for awhile (the funeral is Saturday, which I feel very bad about missing), then went over and watched a replay of a Twins game with my dad (he doesn't know the difference, and that gives me the opportunity to see them win...a somewhat rare occurence this year). Now I need to pack for CHICAGO, where we will have a wonderful time but will miss the rest of you. I am also going to try to squeeze in 45 minutes of toning tonight. Feel sorry for me because my plane leaves at 6:10 am.......

• ginger48
    edited July 2012

Have a great time in Chicago...very jealous!

• misswim
    edited July 2012

Will be SO jealous of you ladies and missing you as you have fun in Chicago........... post pics!!! I want to come next year :)

Took a 2 mile trail run and climbed the Harris Hill Ski Jump stairs- all 335 of them. STEEP and exhuasting but a great workout.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited July 2012

I still need to do my weights and walk.  Did the crunches early AM prior to heading out to a meeting ahead of peak traffic.  Fortunately, the people in the meeting were forgiving when I got an attack of the BIG HUNGER.  I had to excuse myself and go get a couple of energy bars from my car (leftover from my weekend adventure).  Then I was taken to a major lunch which I needed.  Fine now.

Usually, this happens the next day, so not sure what happened this year?  I came home and crashed prior to finishing up some of my action items from the meeting.

Think I will really sleep tonight.  It takes about four days for my system to readjust, and about three weeks to have full cycling energy again.  So easy rides this weekend.

My friend Amanda just posted pix on Facebook.  I had forgotten about the beer at the end.  I had a big smile, partly because Amanda's husband found me being chatted up by three guys.

Hoping everyone is having a great evening. - Claire