Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2012

Ruth - I like Cheryl's suggestion on how to handle your brother.  That would absolutely shock him into silence!  Nibbana - your hike sounds wonderful! Sorry about the LE arm getting grumpy.  Frown   Claire - you're an inspiration!

2 mile walk with Mikey this morning - and it was a 10 bunny day!  I miss my morning running lately, but it's been so darn hot this summer!  If I run on these hot mornings, the heat totally wipes me out then I'm dragging at work all day.  I figured walking is better than nothing.  I get a little exercise, but I'm still able to function at work.  My guess is that it makes my boss happier too.  Wink  

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2012

Hiking on Mt Rainier is on my list for late summer, but think I will do the wildflower meadows, not the forest.  Ankle is still not solid, but I should be fine in my hiking boots for relatively flat terrain.  Hoping for Labor Day weekend.  There are clubs that lead hikes, but most are the same crowd that think that 150 miles of cycling with 10,000' of elevation gain in a day is a good ride.  I know better.

I am thinking more of hiking for several miles on relatively flat terrain, with vistas of the peak, distant valleys, lakes and wildflower meadows.

The area I am mentioning is about 6000' and I live at sea level so there is that factor as well.  I sure have noticed the elevation doing the Hog Loppet on top of Mission Ridge.  That one is really strenuous, and made even more so by the elevation.  I have to do a lot of training at about 4500' to survive the initial descent on my skis.  (Then, you only have 17 more miles to go.)

Hoping your arm is better by now, Nibbana.

I need to get in some work before going off to my "handing out beer to golfers" gig, which also involves chatting everyone up about our new exciting doings as a nonprofit.  I don't play golf, but I can hand out beer!!!

(As a general question, I wonder how many "golfers" there would be if carts were suddenly banned and everyone had to walk the course???  The ones that remained certainly would be fitter!) 

Have a great week everyone. - Claire

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012

hi ladies, I did walk yesterday morning.  Glad I listened to The Voices, as a lovely soft rain fell most of the day.  Walked for an hour after supper last night and ninety mins this morning.  12.35 miles for three walks over two days. 

The last of the wonderful farmers market tomatoes went into a caprese pasta salad, with chiffonade of basil and bits of fresh motz.  I hope the same vendor is back next Saturday!

Have a good week ahead everyone!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited July 2012

One hour of reformer pilates and really felt it.  Abs will be sore tomorrow!   Will head out later for a long walk with DD, hopefully the weather will cooperate.  

ruth  I love the description of your exercise before and after your brother's visit - how appropriate!  Laughing

badger   ahhh - caprese salad - I've been enjoying it all summer.  yum  

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2012

I need a nudge ladies this is what I feel like right now.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2012

My Yoga moves could also use some help.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited July 2012
    Cute! Did Walk, Water and Weights......set up the sprinklers, walked for half hour, moved the sprinkers, walked for half an hour, moved the sprinklers, toned for half an hour.
  • ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012

Rode my bike on the bike path this mornIng. Walked on the beach this afternoon. I love being on vacation!

• NatsFan
    edited July 2012

20 minutes Pilates this morning - hadn't done that tape for a while and I can feel my core!

Mum - I feel just like that bunny in your picture!  I think it's the heat . . .

• LuvLulu07
    edited July 2012

One hour walk/run with DD - getting faster everytime time we get out there.  

mumito   Love the pics - haha!  Nudge, nudge ...... 

• ruthbru
    edited July 2012

I was just watching Olympics Women's Weighlifting, and there were a few gals who had the same expression on their faces as the hamster! Laughing

Walked for an hour & toned with Denise Austin.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2012
    Oh Mum that is exactly how I feel right now blah.....  I did Body Step and half a Body Combat class tonight but I was behind my Vietnamese friend he was flying over the step and was barely stepping over it, mind you there is a 40 year age difference but I'm in the "why am I bothering" frame of mind .... as Scarlett said "tomorrow is another day" perhaps the blahs will have liftedFrown
  • claire_in_seattle
    edited August 2012

I read Ruth's comments about weight lifting and was reminded I ran out the door to my contact lens fitting, so just got those in.  I did the crunches early today though.  Between contact lens doc and supermarket, walked about 4 miles.

Does fidgeting count????  Man, am I busy!  Just getting to dinner now, and can't wait for bed.  Need to check some highlighted tables as promised for the AM.

Glorious sunset tonight.

Olympic Mountains are in relief against the early evening sky.  Life is great, and will be even better once I get my Brats and veggies in front of me.   Mmmmmmm..........

BTW - a 26 year old thought the clip art illustrations I did for some technology/media research were right on the money. Major victory.  And I am fitter now than at 26......I laugh when I think that I once considered 10 miles a long distance. - Claire

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited August 2012

Yoga, yoga, yoga. 5 straight days of sweaty 90 minutes power vinyasa flow classes. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Having my oopherectomy next Tuesday (I somehow planned it on my BIRTHDAY!!!??? What was I thinking?) so yoga will be a no-no for two weeks. We are going on vacation the following week so lots of time for beach walking then.

Today is my day off. My upper body needs a break from chatarunga.:)

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited August 2012

Good luck with your surgery, misswim. Hope you heal quickly.

Been hopping onto the treadmill first thing in the morning and doing 15 minutes (walking), then doing some additional walking inside or out later in the day. Also continuing my 40 minutes of PT exercises for my shoulder. Between sets I've been walking down and up the stairs twice.

Started taking 5000mcg/day B12 (as methlcobalamin, specifically) in addition to my B12 shots, and it seems to be helping. I was alert all day yesterday, and actually slept less than 10 hours last night! Haven't tested it by trying to do any vigorous exercise yet, though.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2012

Geez misswim, that is a pretty radical way to keep yourself from eating too much birthday cake! Tongue out 

I'll exercise later. I need to get over to school, meet the new principal and talk about the fact that one of my aides just resigned (for a new job with better pay and benefits). So, fall must be around the corner!

• badger
    edited August 2012

hi ladies, I'm off work today for a dental appt.  Got in an hour walk this morning then renewed my drivers license.  I've gained weight since my last renewal 8 years ago and not happy about it so am renewing my commitment to healthy diet and daily exercise.  Hope to be in better shape 8 years from now at next renewal.  Maybe not back to where I was at 26 as I'll be over 60 then but off the tamoxifen so I can dream ...

LOL mum I can relate, nudge nudge sister, I'm there with ya.

Cheryl, you are strong and kick butt so hope you're less blah today.

Happy early b-day misswim and good luck with ooph next week. 

Great new pic, Ruth!  Happy August, everyone!  ((hugs)) to all

• LuvLulu07
    edited August 2012

Struggled through an hour of pilates reformer - ugh - also feeling the blahs.  Some days the energy is just not there.  Tongue out

Early Happy Birthday misswim - good luck with ooph.  

Hope that everybody is having a good week ~ 

• KelpieAU
    KelpieAU Member Posts: 201
    edited August 2012

I started pole dancing classes. It is great exercise, you can move at your own pace, it's with women of all shapes and sizes and it helps with self esteem - t's the only time at the moment that I feel really sexy !!!

• badger
    edited August 2012

hi ladies and welcome Kelpie68.  Glad you found a way to feel sexy.  There are many pleasures to be had in this life and one of them is enjoying the way you feel in your own skin.  Exercise has definitely helped me in that regard.

Back from last yoga class of this series, I'll be jonesing until Sept.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2012

Welcome Kelpie!

I think I have a shin splint; so instead of walking, I tagged along with DH to his gym & rode on a stationery bike for an hour (now my butt is sore!), then a quick 15 minutes of toning with Richard.

DH & I take off for a long weekend tomorrow, so I won't post again until Sunday. Have a good rest of the week. Keep moving!!

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2012
    Welcome Kelpie, when I was a kid we had one - his name was Blue and we called him BlueySmile.  Name me a sport where the guys wear heels, nah there isn't one those girls who dance on the pole are amazing athletes, keep enjoying those classes and enjoy the way they make you feel, bottom line that's what exercise is all about.  Ruth have fun on your mini vacay.  Badger I know you'll miss your class but you know you can do yoga in the back yardWink.  Happy early Birthday Misswim, that's one heck of a way to celebrateSurprised.  Bodycombat class tonight it was hard but I made it and had a good workout.  Feel better Joy.
  • hbcheryl
    edited August 2012
    oh no am I the only one exercisingFrownFrownFrown  did my RPM class tonight, rode that bike like Claire was chasing me......
  • badger
    edited August 2012

hey Cheryl, you're not the only one exercising just the only one posting.  Got home from my walk yesterday morning with no time to spare for posting before it was time to get ready for work.  Then last night DH made crab cakes for supper, get 'em while they're hot.  We watched the Olympics and I fell asleep on the couch.  Dragged my butt to bed when DH turned in after the 10 o'clock news.  I must have been dog tired because I slept through my alarm this morning.  Will walk at noon since I missed this morning.

Have fun on your mini-vacation Ruth, hope your shins feel better after some R&R.

Happy Friday! 

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited August 2012

I exercised! Hot yoga, and then dancing:). Tired today, but that is ok!

• NatsFan
    edited August 2012

I got in a good Nats Walk last night!  Wink

By the way, that ab lump I had that no one could figure out what it was?  It abscessed and has been draining - it expelled a suture last week!!  I sent my PS's NP an email with a picture just to let them know.  I'd suspected it might be an undissolved suture leftover from my DIEP since I've had issues with not dissolving sutures before, but when I saw the PS about it, she said she really didn't think it was a suture since she hadn't worked in that area.Then I guess it must have migrated, because it was clearly a suture - knots and all.

Who knew you could expel a suture almost 4 years after surgery?   I'm hoping the thing will heal up now - it's been causing all kinds of truncal LE issues.  Yell  

• claire_in_seattle
    edited August 2012

Hi Cheryl......don't think I was the one chasing you Innocent  I will be doing a 30-35 mile ride prior to my noon BBQ tomorrow.  Then since it's supposed to be hot, perhaps a swim.  Cycling trip to Vancouver BC is in two weeks!

I walked up Queen Anne Hill yesterday to the farmers market.  Was fun, but too expensive.  Same stuff is half the price elsewhere.  I got some more mozzarella and just-picked basil, and made a delish caprese salad.  I went for beans as had given all away except for a small portion.  I love bean season which will go on for 3-4 months here.  Stopped at Trader Joe's on the way back....about three miles of walking, including dragging groceries down 80 stairs.

Mary....yikes on the suture.  Suspect things will be much better henceforward.

I did NOT buy fruit.  I need to be eating up what I have, and was getting mouth sores from overindulgence.  WA State has the most amazing fresh fruit in the summer, from rhubarb, to berries, to peaches/plums/apricots, and later apples and pears.  Blackberries are now ripening too.  You just find a hedgerow, and start feasting.  I ate one on my walk home the other night.

Hoping I get to watch some of the Blue Angels practice today..... - Claire

• nibbana
    nibbana Member Posts: 349
    edited August 2012

Rest day today, the "guns" get to rest. Tomorrow it's all day hiking at Paradise in Mt Rainier. Skyline trail, then connecting with Golden Gates trail coming down to Myrtle Falls to make sure the tourists are behaving, then back to Paradise.

Claire, I am loving the fersh produce also this summer! If I had Himilayan blackberry bushes I'd pamper them with all the organic fertilizer and water I could. I love blackberries.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited August 2012

I haven't noticed that blackberry bushes need much "pampering" around here!  I will be planning my rides to ensure maximum gorging.  I even know where the best ones are located for tomorrow's ride (Neal Road in Fall City.....plenty to share).  Does stretching to gorge with blackberries count as cross-training?

I plan on a hike on Rainier for early next month.  Just can't fit it in this month which is probably the better time.  I haven't done it yet, and I think my ankle will be OK in hiking boots now.

I have this amazing head of red oak leaf lettuce......my fave.  So some sort of amazing salad in the work for tonight.  I am thinking of fried oysters, as haven't made those in a while and delish/simple.  While waiting for the stuff I need to work on, perhaps I should get my veggie roasting operation going, as have carrots and beets.  Roasting is my fave way to eat both.

I will be doing the Fall City-Carnation route tomorrow.....relatively easy, but enough to keep my fitness level up.  Tour de Peaks (valley ride/look up at peaks) is next weekend.  Will do the 50 mile route, which will put me just where I need to be for the ride to Vancouver.

Done with weights and crunches for the week!!  Will walk later.  Not sure where yet, but may go out as such a gorgeous day.  The most glorious and perfect weather, so don't want to miss.

Life is great.

• LuvLulu07
    edited August 2012

One hour of pilates reformer - good session, nice and sweaty after working hard.

Mary  Glad that the lump finally gave up that suture - hope that you heal quickly!   

Berries here in Budapest are so delicious right now - blackberries are at the height of the season now.  Have a big bowl of them every morning.   And peaches are abundant too - yum!