Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2012

Ruth, I am making pot roast for supper tomorrow.  Cold weather comfort food for sure!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited October 2012

That sounds good too.....now if only someone would bring me over a homemade apple pie!

• badger
    edited October 2012

I've got the apples but not the flaky pie crust.  It's an art I never mastered.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

I would settle for a warm apple crisp then, I'll provide the ice cream Cool.

• badger
    edited October 2012

Now that I can do!  And have done, last weekend in fact.  SO GOOD!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2012

Body Combat class for me this morning, when they come up with new releases they come up with new ways to torture us, the ab track is killer you start a sit up when you come up you raise your hands above your head like you were going to do a dive then you start doing sit ups ow ow ow you really do feel that you have abs. 

Can I come to the party but I have to bring a salad cause it's still summer hereTongue out  Mary Louise & Mum "Happy Thanksgiving".  Haha Claire pamper those quads and don't give them a hint of what's to come tomorrow.  Great job Andrea.  Corinne good luck tomorrow in the marathon.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited October 2012

All this talk of delicious food is making me hungry! Sounds yummy.

I walked a 5k with my sisters this morning. This evening I sculpted my arms by painting the trim and cabinet in the bathroom. I'd rather be walking!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2012

My favorite crumble topping is 100% Whole Wheat flour mixed half and half with hazelnut flour.  I make this with frozen berries in the winter.  But would do with oatmeal and apples too!

Quads are happy after bath and wine.

Doing chicken thighs w/tandoori paste, beans, and some sort of salad with fresh tomatoes.  Have a bit of Emmer farro left over for a starch.  Ready to get out the winter recipes, but still late summer veggies here.

Final blackberry gorge tomorrow.  I am thinking my fave cycling route with a stop at the library on the way back.  Need some info for the week ahead.  Working now as dinner cooks :(

Have to get me some late season peaches/nectarines too.  Snow Queen or Ice Queen.  Extra sweet and wonderful.  Elberta peaches tonight.  - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

Yum!

Did The FIRM 500 Calorie Workout and cleaned out the garage (Sweep and Sculpt)......

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2012

90 minutes of yoga and long hike on some nature trails near our house with my DS and the dogs. Had school this weekend and my brain is fried. Was a nice way to unwind.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited October 2012

Same old, same old the past couple days.  A walk and a bit of hula hooping.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2012

Got in another 35 miles of riding, so a total of 85 for the weekend.  Take that, tanking metabolism!

Catching up on a bit of work as have stuff due tomorrow.

I rode past pumpkin fields, lazy cattle, a couple of pigs, chickens, and families doing harvest hay rides.  Wonderful light, and glorious sunshine.

Skipped the crowds at Reminger's (fruit pies and other harvest stuff) and just took in the countryside.

Now to find out how my wine bar friends did today.....they were off doing the Portland Marathon! - Claire

• badger
    edited October 2012

hi ladies, did an hour of yoga yesterday morning and got in a nice long afternoon walk.

Logged 5.5 km = 3.42 miles.

Did enough Shred & Sculpt to have a bag full of confetti to recycle this morning.

Watched the Packers lose (grrrr) and made Swiss pot roast for supper.

Have a great week ahead!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

But the came back and Nationals won...GO MARY!!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2012

Did a 2.6 mile mountain hike with Mikey over the weekend - first hike of the fall! Mikey gained about a pound over the summer (gee, I wonder how that happened) so we need get him back into hiking mode and shed some of that weight we both gained!

Sorry about your Packers, Badger - I picked them in our office football pool this week, so I'm sorry too! Wink  I have one of those thermal headbands - I like it because it keeps your ears warm and you don't get hat hair.  Ruth - how neat that your dad kept in touch with friends for so many decades.  What a tribute to him.  Andrea - congrats on doing more of the yoga video than you thought - that must have felt fabulous!

Thanks for the shout out Ruth - as you can imagine we were glued to the TV watching that Nationals-Cardinals playoff game yesterday. I did a LOT of dusting, cleaning and general pacing out of total nervousness as it was a very close game. If the Nats keep playing games like this, I'm going to burn a lot of calories just from sheer nerves. But I'm going to have a very clean house! Cool

2 mile run this morning.  It's now dark when I start my runs - trying to avoid the acorns littering the sidewalk is a challenge when you can't see them well!

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2012

Hey all!!  I have been as active as a slug this weekend, but am heading out tonight for C25K.  Hopefully, I can get rid out this weekend's (Thanksgiving here) damage before weigh in on Wednesday!

We usually run at night in the subdivisions around our town.  We really do need better reflectors on as we run ON the road (sidewalk would be too dangerous!), but we face the traffic (if any) so we have time to get outta the way!

Now, must take my daughter back to her dorm, so I will be back in time to run!!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

Like the new picture, Mary Louise!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012
    30 minutes on the treadmill & 30 of Arms, Abs and Buns of Steel.
  • _Ann_
    edited October 2012

Really hammered by chemo today.  Walked to the mailbox and back, which is about half a block.  

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2012

Spin class tonight and did Body Step yesterday. 

Love your new pic Mary Louise.  Mary if you run out of dusting come over to my place.

• badger
    edited October 2012

hi all, walked at lunchtime yesterday.  3 km = 1.86 mi.

Ann, walking half a block when hammered by chemo is GREAT.  Attawoman!

Mary Louise, nice new pic!

Go Nats!!!!!  Laughing

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited October 2012

((((Ann)))), big hugs to you.

Went to the gym yesterday body step and pilates class with a fill in instructor who was great.

Today, long 5 mile woods dog walk and just as we were getting to the car, slipped on the mud and landed hard on my butt. I'm trying not to plank on my left arm (request from my physio as I have constant throbing pain at the left arm/shoulder joint) so getting up was rather slapstick and my border collie was no help.  Now, to do a search on washing a down jacket - wonderful.Undecided

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2012

Ann - I remember days like that too - I think you're great to get to the mailbox and back - good for you!!!!  Lilac - ouch!!!I can just see your border collie circling you and circling you, trying to be helpful, but in reality just making things more diffcult. Tongue out  Hope you're OK.  

Nats LOST yesterday!  Cry  But they come home tomorrow and I already have my leave approved so I'll be there!

Pilates tape and Lebeds today.  

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited October 2012

To the mailbox is great!

I took off the long weekend, bad girl.  C25K W4W1 done.  I forgot to do the 1% incline since I'm on the tread mill.  Did it today and week four is when they kick it up..... I'ze tired but I did it.  (c:

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2012

Wow Adey!!  We are still stuck at week 2.... I have a sister who is not ready to go to week 3 yet!!  I figure that at least I am getting some great cardio workout even if I stay at week 2 (for now), but the rest of us (3 of us) are really wanting to get to week 3 to see how we do!!  My daughter finally gave me her old ipod, and I can't believe how much easier it is to run with music!!

5 km walk again this morning and some tune & tone tonight!

This pic is cropped from our family portrait that was taken at our 25th wedding anniversary party.  I usually hate having my pic taken, so do not change it often!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

Ann, sometimes I would just put on my tennis shoes and walk around and around the living room. You are doing great!

30 of toning & 30 in the treadmill again.

• _Ann_
    edited October 2012

LilacBlue, I hope you got the mud out of your jacket.  Thanks all for the support for my epic journey to the mailbox yesterday.   Ruthbru, I love that idea of just walking around the LR.   I feel semi-human again today.  Did a 20 minute walk and some indoor hula hooping.  Only crashed the hoop into things a couple times.  Still can't get the knack of hooping on the hips.  Starts out well, goes cattywampus and falls to the floor.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited October 2012

I'm off to freestyle step at the gym. 

Mary and Ann, I'm just fine as is my bottom (thanks for the concern) and also bathed the dog who circled in the shower as well Mary (you do know border collies).  Bunged all into the washing machine but the down jacket - it's still in the trunk and thinking dry cleaning as the easiest way forward.

Cheryl, how is your foot ?

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited October 2012

Lots to catch up on, including getting back on track with exercise.  Had a wonderful few days with friends in Amalfi, now back to real life.

Just got back from a 45 minute trail loop with the dog.  My favorite trail was closed for repair Undecided so we found another route which was just as good.   Am off to do an hour of pilates on the reformer, looking forward to a good ab workout.  

Hugs all ~ 

• badger
    edited October 2012

hi ladies, had yoga class tonight and boy did I need it to counteract a stressful day.

Logged 9.2 km = 5.72 miles walked the last two days.