Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited October 2012

Cheryl: that sounds intense!

Good evening all. 2nd day of my new job and all is still well! I have to sit alot so as soon as I arrived home, I changed my clothes and headed to the park for my walk/run. Beautiful, cool weather - just what I needed!

Have a great night everyone.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited October 2012

Wonderland, congratulations on the new job and for keeping up the exercise schedule.

Cheryl, yikes, a floating bone?  Doesn't sound pleasant.  I'll bet your little dog is a cutie.

I did about 25 minute walk today and may do a bit of hula hoop practice.  Hoop class yesterday was so fun.  She taught us some long sequences where you string different moves together.  I am no longer the most inept newbie in the class.  A lot of the moves are pretty easy to pick up.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited October 2012

Walked for an hour, 15 minutes arms, bought groceries, cleaned the house, watched DWS and the debate.....WHEW!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2012

Walked dogs, cleaned out birdcage, watched DWTS.

Wonderland so happy for you that you found a new job.  Ann you hit the nail on the head about classes, yes when you first go in you feel like a fool but after a couple of times it all falls into place and I find everyone is so encouraging they remember what it was like those first few times, now I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks of me, for the oldbies on this thread I am very close to the gym where the wonderful Eduardo teaches, I am seriously thinking of doing a "drop in class" tomorrow night I have it all planned I can cook dinner for the boy and skedaddle out of here in time to make it, woohoooooSmileSmileSmile

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2012

Smile enjoy your eye candy, Cheryl, but beware he'll try to kick your butt LOL! Wink

Did not watch TV last night; Tuesday is date night and we went out for supper.

Walked at lunchtime yesterday and logged 4.45 km = 2.77 miles for the day. 

Yoga class tonight!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited October 2012

Adey, I've restarted C25K, so I'm in week 1.  I used it over the summer to prepare for my first 5k in September (which was also an obstacle run, loads of fun), but I took it very slowly, doing one week of C25K in a space of 2-3 weeks.  And then, without a goal, I fell off the exercise wagon, so now I'm starting back at the beginning again.  Found another obstacle race for May, so that gives me plenty of time to get in running (and climbing!) shape.  And a goal, cause it seems like I need something to motivate me.

Had lymphadema PT yesterday - does that count as exercise?  Otherwise, nothing for me, but do intend to get out for lunchtime walk - another crisp beautiful day here.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited October 2012

Clear and cool fall day here today.  Went for a brisk half hour walk with the dog.  Have had to back off of running, because of what I think is plantar fasciitis.  Undecided   Started some foot stretching exercises and really hoping that the pain goes away soon.  I may start again with C25K, once the foot feels better.  

Hope that all suffering with cruds are feeling better  

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

Yes, PT 'counts'! Got up early and did 30 minutes of toning. Company will be here in about 45 minutes. Wish me luck!

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2012

Boxing gloves on - check.........Wink  Good luck!!!!! 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2012

Good luck Ruth!  My counsel is that if it's good enough for marinating the meat (alcohol, not vinegar), it should help the cook!.

I am off in a few as need a longer walk today.  But need to finish the first set of perceptual maps for the report I HAVE to get out tonight.

Now, I am going to toot my own horn.   Mammogram today was a bit difficult.  Why????  Because I am so muscled there, thus difficult to get a good shot, particularly of my breast that had surgery.  The tech showed me the clips from the surgery, plus scar was obvious.  But most amazing was the bright white stripe along the side of two views.  Those are my pecs!!!

I can't believe how clear digital mammograms are.  You can see something the size of a grain of salt.

New to my routine is emailing a client while changing.

Back to perceptual maps.  Sorry I thought of them as a ton of extra work.  (Perceptual maps are a graphical quadrant display of importance vs satisfaction, so better than just satisfaction scores.)  But suspect will be extremely valuable to my client. - Claire

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited October 2012

Toot away Claire! Hope your mammo results are good!

Ruth: Good Luck!

I walked/ran as soon as I got home from work. Cool, colorful, fall in the air smells: it was wonderful!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2012

I went to my mindfulness based stress reduction class and we did some yoga and movement exercises that reminded me of the old Jane Fonda tapes. I was scared that I would not be able to do the balancing on one arm and one knee poses (with my sore pec muscles, recovering frozen shoulder and lymphedema) but I did it and it was amazing! I was shaking like a leaf but for the first time caught a glimpse of a future where I am strong again...powerful! I just needed to get past my fears.

• _Ann_
    edited October 2012

Ginger48 that's exciting!  Claire be proud of those pecs-- you earned them.  Ruth, Good luck with the family & stuff.

I worked on my hula hooping for a couple hours.  It barely feels like exercise since it's fun, but I definitely worked up a sweat (and I don't think it was all hot flashes).  May have some bruises tomorrow from working on chest hooping.  Better learn it while I can since I'm sure such activity will be off limits through surgery and rads.

• badger
    edited October 2012

Yay Ginger, attawoman! 

Good luck, Ruth!

Claire, fingers crossed for good results!  Agree on the clarity of digital mammo.  It was a digital mammo that picked up a cluster of microcalcs in my R breast in Oct 2009.  That lead to biopsy, which lead to surgery, which lead to discovery of 2.5 cm tumor hiding behind those microcalcs, and micromets in one sentinel node. 

Every fall, I am reminded of that event by the Seven Sisters constellation, pursued by Orion the Hunter, like my surgeon.  Corny I know, maybe a slight case of hero worship?  Undecided  My doc was tall dark & handsome...

Worked through lunch so I could leave early for final yoga class of the series.

Logged 2.5 km = 1.55 miles walked for the day.  'Night all

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2012

Claire what a wonderful affirmation of your hard work.  Ginger you are strong and powerful, you go girl.  Wonderland it was high 90s here today I had the air con on in my car I want fall to come but summer keeps extendingEmbarassed.  Hope all our sickies are feeling better.

Tonight I did a fabulous Body Combat class with the wonderful Eduardo, that man knows how to make a girl sweat, there were times where I didn't think I could throw another punch or catch my breath but I stood front and center and "fought" back.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited October 2012

Got my walk in at lunch yesterday, but didn't get to the gym after work as I needed to tend to some things at home.  Lazy Pat did not do her crunches either.  But I did get classical stretch in this morning.  Leaving early today for a cat checkup appt. so no gym or walk today.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2012

Hi everyone - sorry I haven't been around. I had a lousy week last week.  I got some sort of nasty flu-like thing - went to the first Nats playoff game last Wednesday and felt really miserable by the end of it (compounded by a loss).  I was so sick that I couldn't even go to the second game even though I had tickets - the only one they won!  Dragged myself out for the 3rd game - probably not a good idea as it was a late game and it was freezing cold, but I wasn't going to miss it.  Of course we had a heartbreaking loss.  Have been in bed since - finally crawled back to work yesterday.  Nothing like being depressed and sick, all at the same time! Frown  I'll catch up with everyone's news later, but I wanted to check in.  Hope everyone has been healthy and safe!

• badger
    edited October 2012

hey Mary, sorry for all the crappiness last week.  Hope you're soon on the mend!

5.45 km = 3.39 miles walked today.

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2012

yes Mary feel better and I'm sorry about your NatsFrown

Two mile walk with dogs going in opposite directions so my arms also got a work out crossing and uncrossing leashes.....

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2012

Feel better Mary!

Took a 20 minute walk at lunch time and did 50 minute guided yoga and stretching tonight.

• _Ann_
    edited October 2012

Hey Mary I hope you're back up to par soon.

40 minute walk tonight and about an hour of hooping.  My poor hoop is getting scuffed up from hitting the side of the house (stucco) in the little bit of driveway where I practice.  Really wish the backyard had some grass in it.  It's bare dirt so I don't like to practice there.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2012

Hi all- have just slinked out from a week of creeping cruddy strep- then a horrible reaction to antibiotics- sick, sick, sick.

No excercise except tight core from coughing and heaving and praying to the porcelain godess. YUCK. Today was the first da I ate solid food. At the doc's on her scale I am down 6 lbs from last Friday. Silver linings.

Off to yoga this morning and to get my body back on the exercise train!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited October 2012

Sorry about the strep and being sick, misswim. 6 pounds is a lot.

Speaking of Jane Fonda, anybody buy her new video? (Maybe I asked this before already.)

Just got back from our fall break in Oman. We did a lot of driving but since it was mostly off-road, the vibrations and hanging on probably counted as exercise. Didn't always have a gym available but did some kayaking, snorkeling, beach walking, walking up and sliding down sand dunes, and hiking in the mountains and canyons.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited October 2012

C25K W5W1

• LuvLulu07
    edited October 2012

Does Jane Fonda have a new video?  

heidihill  Oman sounds wonderful.  I had to look up where it was!  

Had an hour and an half hike with my dog this morning, on a beautiful clear fall day.  My durn heel is still bothering me and I think that it's the new running shoes that did me in  Yell  so still no running.  

Hugs and happy weekend everybody ~ 

• badger
    edited October 2012

Misswim, welcome back to the world after being house-bound for so long.

Heidihill, your vacation sounds like great fun!  Lots of exercise to boot.

Adey, I had lunch with Fuzzy in Madison today. Laughing

No noontime walk but got away from my desk quite a bit.  3.65 km = 2.27 mi.

5K walk/run tomorrow.  Wishing you all the best of weekends!  ((hugs))

• _Ann_
    edited October 2012

badger, good luck with your 5K.  I'm enjoying everyone's descriptions of crisp fall weather.  It's barely starting to cool off here.

My energy is really good lately.  Did an extra long walk (50 minutes?) and a good bit of hula hooping.  I blocked off part of the driveway so the hubby wouldn't take it all up with his car.  The streetlights cast my shadow on the garage door so it sort of acts like a studio mirror.  I'm working on lifting the hoop from waist overhead and back.  Still can't quite get the knack of hooping on hips, chest, or knees.  Having a lot of fun with it.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

Sneaking by for a quick update. So far so good with the relatives...no fireworks. Have spend many hours with several different financial advisors (he had investments several different places) and then figuring out what to do with those. Have opened and written 100 plus thank yous (if you give a memorial to someone, PLEASE put your full name an address somewhere on the card/envelop/somewhere!!!!), and have some other things like that to finish off. I did get up early a couple days and did some toning. Yesterday I was very obnoxious and FORCED my sister and sister-in-law to exercise with me for an hour (really, I was not very nice, using phrases like "What are you waiting for? You aren't getting any younger!" etc.) I will have to see if it will work again today.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

• LuvLulu07
    edited October 2012

LOL  ruth  I should try that on my relatives!   Good for you for getting all of those thank you's written.  I make my teenagers write thank you notes, a lost art it seems with young people these days.  

Did an hour of pilates reformer.  Feeling creaky since starting Zoladex treatments.  Frown  Pilates stretch helps though.  

• badger
    edited October 2012

hi ladies, it was sunny and cold this morning, and the walk was a 3k not a 5k.  But I did it in 27:11 and was first among the walkers.  That, and the exercise, made me feel great!

Found a helpful website to help with the math and figured I went at about 4.1 MPH.

http://www.bx3.com/phil/tri/treadmill-cheatsheet.pdf