Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2012

hi ladies, everyone is doing so well.

Mum, congrats on weight loss!

Wonderland, congrats on new job!

Claire, great video: go for better than ever, the heck with the 'new normal'.  Love it!

Walked at lunchtime today, this may be the last warm fall day for a while.

Yoga class tonight and feeling great: alive, peaceful and brimming with gratitude.

Ruth, I like your family without having ever met them.  Hope you're doing OK.

((hugs)) to all

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,534
    edited October 2012

You would like my family; especially my cousin Susan, who always shows up with pans of brownies, homemade carmels, chips, dip, grapes, carrots, and a cooler full of assorted beverages Cool.

45 minutes with Denise tonight.

Mary, when is the first playoff game and who do they play?

Way to go, Wonderland!!!!!!!!!!!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited October 2012

Claire, loved the video and your message.

No walk tonight as I was sleeping off the Ativan I took to get me through my day of tests and consults.  Got some unexpected good news from my MRI already-- the original 3.5 cm tumor is now barely visible, she said there were "maybe" a couple spots about 2mm each.  And the nodes are all normal size now (I had four suspicious, one over 2cm).  I may just get a complete response to the chemo, and I learned that is a good thing for survival prediction.  This is the best news since starting this @&%$#@ journey.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

Awesome, Ann!

• Andrflet
    Andrflet Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2012

Claire- very inspirational video!

Wonderland- congrats on the new job.

Ann- hoping for a complete response for you, so far sounds very promising.

Today I walked 2 miles during my lunch hour.

Andrea

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2012

Walked at lunch and then went to my mindfulness stress reduction class this evening. much needed and looks like it will be a great class!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2012

Ruth glad to hear all went well and your Dad had such a lovely service, and yes cousin Susan sounds like my kind of gal. Woohoooo Wonderland, congratulations great news. Lilac high five to your son. Hope you are feeling better Heidi. Fantastic video Claire. Ann such good news.

Tonight did Body Combat class, new release and my shoulders are now on fire. I have an appointment on the 15th to see if they can do anything about my foot, I kind of feel like a fraud moaning and complaining about it but each night I have to pad my foot and tape it up just to get through a class because of the cramping and burning.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2012

I am glad the video was helpful.  It was one of my "give back" items on my list, and so glad I got the opportunity.

Need to look up cycling events as need to get my butt out there.  Should be a bit less frantic this coming weekend.  Meanwhile, I did get in my walk and weights/crunches.

Does a good dinner of pork chop, kale, roasted beets/carrots and Emmer farro count?   I certainly feel wonderful......oops, that's the wine.

I think one more weekend of peaches/blackberries/summer veggies.  Then fall will truly be upon us.  Already Jonesing for skiing. - Claire

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited October 2012

Claire, I just had a chance to watch your video. I'm so impressed and it had me in tears. You are awesome. I appreciate the comments you made about setting your expectations higher. Good kick in the pants for me!!! I needed to hear that. Thank you so much- your posts about exercise and cycling really gave me alot of hope when I was being treated. It is nice to share my milestones with you regularly now. Good for you.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2012

Claire - nice video.  Ruth - Cousin Susan sounds like a keeper!  We're not sure who the Nats will play, depending on the winner of the Atlanta-St. Louis wildcard game.  We do know they'll play sometime Sunday.  Ann - fabulous news!

30 minutes core/weights this morning plus 15 minutes Lebeds.  DH's birthday is tonight so we're heading down to the local pirate tavern for steak and grog with some friends.  Should be a fun night. 

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited October 2012

Great video, Claire, very moving.  Makes me want to get out there and cycle!  Happy Birthday, Mary's DH.  My mom's birthday is today!  Ann  - great news!  

Have had a couple days of nail biting waiting for MRI results, initial report showed "suspicious area".  With a second opinion it appears to be normal.  I'll follow up with an ultrasound to be sure.  Needless to say, I've had no desire to exercise the past few days.  A long dog walk sounds good right now.  

Packing for a long weekend with girlfriends to the Amalfi Coast.   Looking forward to a nice getaway.  

Hugs all ~  

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited October 2012

got a 30 minute walk in at lunch yesterday, and the gym after work for C25K - tried to do some upeer body weight work but still sore from a couple of days ago, so figured I should listen to my body.  Crunches before bed, and classical stretch this morning.  No walk for me today as I need to leave early for appt with lymphdema therapist.  Got my sleeve and gauntlet in the mail, can't imagine how I will ever get them on!  It looks way worse than pantyhose :) and thats with two arms!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited October 2012

Amalfi Coast - just what the doctor ordered after an ordeal like that, Joy.  ((Hugs))  Cheryl, glad your feet are getting some professional attention.  Ann, WOOO HOOO on looking like a complete response!

Did some high intensity interval training on the stationary bike and the elliptical. Weights and stretches after. Then packing for our fall break.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited October 2012

Cheryl: good luck with your foot!

Joy: Let us know what your ultrasound results are. Hope they confirm your 2nd opinion. Have a fun weekend!

Pat: Good luck with your sleeve and gauntlet! 

Been busy today with lots of paperwork and errands. I walked/jog the neighborhood and it felt great. 

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2012

Pat- where is your LE therapist located? I am always keeping my eyes out for a good one.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012
    Long meeting, squeezed in 15 minutes Dancers Toning Workout (from a Dancing With the Stars workout DVD), went to a volleyball game & did 30 minutes of Arms, Buns and Abs of Steel. I am tired!!!
  • _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited October 2012

Not much today.  Worked on some hooping indoors.  I have to limit the moves to avoid hitting the ceiling and walls.  Too tired for a walk.  I think I'm about to hit the hay

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2012

I want to go to the Amalfi coastCoolCoolCool  Joy I hope you get the second opinion option, damn it never gets easy does it.  Heidi where are you going on your fall break?  Pat would the LE therapist not help show you how to get the sleeve on?

Tonight I did RPM class, lots of pretend mountain climbing on our bikes, my heart got a really good workout.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2012

Heading out for my daily walk... haven't posted in a few days, but have been keeping active.  Still working on the C25K program.  Thinking about getting back into my Wii fit Plus and Zumba programs on the Wii..... I KNOW I will definitely need some extra excercising after this weekend!  We are celebrating our Thanksgiving this weekend!  You know, there really are a lot of things to be thankful for...... Cool

Wishing you ALL a Wonderful Weekend!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2012

Pat - your LE therapist should walk you through all the tricks of putting on the compression sleeve. Although even after using one for almost 4 years, I still occasionally slug myself in the face when it slips out of my hands while pulling it up, so be careful!  Tongue outMary Louise - Happy Thanksgiving.

2 mile run this morning, plus Lebeds.  Off to the cabin this weekend - we haven't gotten the chance to go there for a month, so I'm really looking forward to it.  

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited October 2012

C25K W3W3  first 3 weeks done

Enjoy the weekend ladies!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited October 2012

missswim, glad you are enjoying block island, but sorry for the crappy weather and fog.  Hope you are still there, as today promises to be an absolutely beautiful day!

badger, thank you thank you thank you for the bar of soap trick.  No cramps at all this week, getting such good sleep for a change!

ginger, my LE therapist is in Providence, RI.  Have to say, she worked miracles yesterday, and I was very skeptical about this whole therapy thing.  First she did myofascial release on my tight muscles, then lymphatic massage.  I got up this morning and for the first time in months my arm feels almost normal.  And I have much better range of motion.  She said she doesn't know why doctors discount arm tightness/swelling, she thinks everyone who has breast surgery should see a therapist to help with getting range of motion back.  I made 3 more appts, next week she is going to teach me to do some of these things.

natsfan - lol the image of hitting myself in the face, I can so imagine me doing that!  My right arm is affected, so getting the sleeve on with my left is going to be a challenge.  She also wants me to go to the specialty bra store and get a compression bra for my mild truncal lymphadema.  Guess I should head over to the LE boards and read up on that stuff.

No exercise for me yesterday - after therapy I dashed home for quick dinner before choir practice, which ran late, and when I got home the football game sucked me in.  Ruth, you are so inspiring, even when you have a busy day you get your exercise in!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited October 2012

Just checking out organized rides for this weekend.  Didn't find anything great, so may need to plan my own.  Perhaps, time to do the Centennial Trail which I can get up to 50 miles.  I can stop at the club/tatoo parlor/hairdresser/organic lunch place.  Colors should be lovely, and I need that much exercise.  I didn't get enough last weekend and I am feeling it.

Next weekend, there is a group ride to explore the about-to-be-reopened Green River Trail.  Will be nice to add that loop to the Interurban Trail rides, as much prettier.  Again, will be in the 50 mile range.  Beyond that, I see some upcoming Halloween "bones rides".  So need to be ready for at least one of those.  These are great fun.

I am so glad that my "better than ever" message was helpful.  I really do believe this.

I got in a walk yesterday.  Meeting ended in time for me to do a dash to Pike Place Market for some Alaska cod...so I did.  Plus wine bar and one more stop for a couple of things I needed.

But have to say that I'm glad it's Friday. - Claire

• badger
    edited October 2012

hi ladies, the Pres was in Madison yesterday and I got stuck in p.m. traffic so home late.

Missed 6:00 yoga class & BCO wouldn't come up, so I hit the couch & watched Chopped.

Logged 8.5 km = 5.28 miles walked for the past two days.

Happy Thanksgiving, Mary Louise!  ((hugs)) to all

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

30 minutes Cardio Dance Party, 30 of pilates and 20 of toning. I have to work at school all tomorrow because I have a big meeting on Tuesday that I am not at all ready for, and Sunday I HAVE to send funeral bulletin and notes and to some of my dad's friends who are too old to travel (among others, he still kept in touch with some of his childhood 'gang'..... one of the ladies I called last week with the news lived across the street when they were growing up and knew him for 91 years!) My brother and sister are coming out in two weeks and we will write thank yous and wrap up some loose ends.

• Andrflet
    edited October 2012

Yesterday walked one mile. Today did W2D3 of C25K and 20 minutes of yoga.

Andrea

• badger
    edited October 2012

Chilly today but put on my silk long johns and got in a brisk morning walk.

Did errands and by the time I got home, I'd logged 6.95 km = 4.32 miles.

Thinking of buying a thermal headband to keep ears warm without a hat.

I'm off to start a book (Julie & Julia) but will probably end up napping.  TTFN

• Andrflet
    edited October 2012

Yoga video for me today. I chose a harder one I haven't tried since early on in chemo and was able to do about 90% of it! I thought I was only going to be able to do about 50% of it, so I was thrilled.

Andrea

• claire_in_seattle
    edited October 2012

Hi everyone, Did the easy 50 miles I planned so feel wonderful on top of being very well exercised.  Around mile 40, things were a bit different as quads were talking to me big time.  So I stopped at one of my favorite places and rested.  Plus a couple of Granola Bars.

Got back just fine.  October sun is great, but we so need rain.  Definite smoke haze from all the forest fires.

Bath is my next stop.....a little TLC for those quads.  I have bad news for them.  More to come tomorrow! - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited October 2012

Good job, Badger, Andrea and Claire!

Took a long walk in the crisp air in the trees with a friend & a little toning with Richard Simmons. Must be fall, because I was craving and made meatloaf, squash, mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner. Yummy comfort food!