Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited February 2013

Just have to jump in here, too many posts to catch up on.  So, was without power for 3 days due to the blizzard.  We have a well so no power means no water either.  Luckily we heat with wood and have a gas stove, others had it so much worse as temps got down to the single digits Saturday night.  My job was closed both Friday and Monday.  So did a lot of comfort eating, and yes, a lot of shoveling, but little else.  Power came on last night, so today is back on track (have I said that before LOL).  Double whammy, my New Orleans vacation, home for 2 days, and then the blizzard.  Got the gym bag in the car, and I'm going to spinning tonight after work.  This morning I did classical stretch.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited February 2013

pat01: So glad things are getting back to normal for all of you! 3 days without power in a blizzard sounds MISERABLE!

LLL: Be careful with the ice!

Good evening everyone. I've been off a few days and catching up. Walked/ran today in the sunshine. Nice.

• bedo
    bedo Member Posts: 1,429
    edited February 2013

Did arm exercises with weights. ( tiny weights) I already did a set.  I'm starting slowly.  I will do crunches too, since it's so cold and dark outside. Thank you all for your inspiration.  For me a lot of it is having to be report and be accountable.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,538
    edited February 2013

30 minutes of lower body toning. I know, bedo, I don't dare come on unless I've done something Tongue Out!

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2013

Pat- Yikes!! We had a ton of snow here but no loss of power. Glad all is getting back to normal! My cousin is in central CT and had a baby on Thursday. They would not let her out until Sunday afternoon! Roads were all closed!

Claire- glad you had a good trip! Hope your wrist feels better!

I have been keeping very active. Had to stop the Insanity- the plyometrics were wreaking havoc on my knees. Instead, going to go back to P90X, and started with Core today. Went to a great hot yoga class tonight.

Between Saturday and Sunday, snow shoed about 7 miles. Also took a great Jivamukyi style vinyasa yoga class on Sunday. Took yesterday off as my legs were screaming from the snow shoeing. 

Tomorrow, Kenpo X is on the schedule.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2013

Minimal today, but I did do at least some weights.  5's not 10's and I couldn't do the triceps extensions with my sore wrists.  Also did crunches and a walk.

Interesting how my legs just power through the walking with all the skiing last weekend.  I should be fine this coming weekend too as realize that the motion is different and shouldn't hurt my wrists.  That is great news.  I am enough of a sickie to wear my ace bandage.

Leftovers tonight....steak, emmer farro, sweet potato.....and a green veg.  Plus good wine.  I need to get moving on the farro, as bought 5 lb of the stuff when in the Methow Valley.  It's cheaper at the local health food store and you get a further discount if you buy 5 lb.  I need to be making an apple SOMETHING will all the apples I brought back.

I walked past Toulouse Petit this evening and the Mardi Gras party was going full blast.  But tonight, just want a quiet evening in.

Laissez les bon temps roulee!!! - Claire

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited February 2013

30+ minues of hoop dancing yesterday and today, plus a walk today.

• liv-
    liv- Member Posts: 272
    edited February 2013

top half weight training, 1 hour power walk, too hot!!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited February 2013

Ann, good to read you back hooping!Cool

Off to freestyle step at the gym. 

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited February 2013

Am staying in bed with the flu. At least I got two days of snowshoeing before it hit.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited February 2013

Heidi - oh no - not you too!  That nasty bug has been going around the Sculpted Sisters.  Stay in bed and get rid of it!  Misswim - you're burning it up lately - good for you.  I did the predecessor to P90X about 10 years ago - he called it Power 90 - that's how I managed my  60 pound weight loss a few years before dx.

Got in a quick 2+ mile run in the park last night just before the sun went down.  It's nice that the days are starting to get a bit longer now.

Today is Mary Spa Day!  The winter blues have been getting to me lately, so I decided to take a break.  I've taken today off and am splurging on a facial and massage, then after that I'm getting my hair cut and highlighted - it's all about me today! Laughing I scheduled all this stuff in the afternoon, so I'm heading downstairs now to get a good work out in - it'll be a luxury to be able to do an hour or so of exercise instead of trying to squeeze in a hurried half hour before work.  Ahhhhh . . .

• pat01
    edited February 2013

Heidi - feel better

Claire - sorry, I must have missed something - did you get injured?

Went to spinning last night - good workout, and not having done it for 2 weeks, I was sucking wind.  Did crunches before bed, and some classical stretch this morning.  No more excuses!  Still a little too much snow around here for a good walk, but I might venture out at lunch and walk around the campus at least.  More snow tonight (but nothing like last weekend!)

• ruthbru
    edited February 2013

More snow coming this way too.

Happy Mary Spa Day! Sounds wonderful!

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited February 2013

5:30 AM gym this morning - chest & bis.  My middle son showed up to work out. Realizes it's a lot less crowded than after work. Not to mention, you GET IT DONE early.  I got him to spot my bench press - nice to have some bonding time.

Riding tonight! My "play" workout.Laughing

NatsFan have a WONDERFUL spa day . . .

• NatsFan
    edited February 2013

Ruth - BTW, there was a lovely article about Denard Span in the Post this weekend - I can see why he was such a fan favorite for the Twins:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/denard-span-comes-to-washington-nationals-ready-to-take-step-up-in-his-career/2013/02/08/26ab82fc-65b0-11e2-85f5-a8a9228e55e7_story.html

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited April 2014

LuvLuLu - 5:30 AM?!  You go girl! I'm still so sleepy at that time!  Sunday I did my personal best, 10 miles in 59.19 minutes, went on to do 90 minutes total.  Monday I did 100 minutes of exercise EFX/treadmill - combined total of 11 miles.  I'm getting ready to go workout right now, so I can watch Price is Right while working out.  It's the only thing that's amusing when you can't hear the TV, becuase of the machines.  :o)

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment at 9:45AM with my PS, so not sure how I'm going to navigate around that. 

Heidi - I hope you get over the flu fast!  Maybe drink some hot organic green tea?

Have a great day everyone!

- Looking for recipes:  Try the What's for Dinner Forum

• NatsFan
    edited February 2013

Finished an hour cardio workout with Maya ("My Fitness Coach" for Wii) - lots of active squats, lunges and plies that I KNOW I'm going to feel tomorrow.  Then did a lovely 30 minute yoga stretch DVD.  Heading off for all my pampering appointments now - mmmmmmmmmmm!

Wonder how Cheryl did at Mardi Gras?  Gee, what if the Sculpted Sisters had to head to New Orleans to bail her out - wouldn't that be just awful if we all had to meet in New Orleans??!!! I mean, it would be no fun at all! Cool

• InspiredbyDolce
    edited February 2013

I just finished my workout.  I only did 85 minutes today.  60 EFX and 25 treadmill.  I did not want to go today, but did.  I'm glad it's over with for today. :)

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2013

Went for a nice 4 mile hike at a state park...sunny and in the 40s today...loved being outside! 

Nats-enjoy that spa day! 

• InspiredbyDolce
    edited February 2013

A hike sounds lovely, and you also got your vitamin D!

• bedo
    bedo Member Posts: 1,429
    edited February 2013

Ann is hoop exercise with a hula hoop?  Dumb question, but it struck me.  That would be fun.  I am not doing anything today having been to the dentist.  But no Gingerale for a day!  Maybe I'll do some more arm exercises and crunches.  I hate them

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2013

Still not back to 'regular' exercising and my hip is feeling it.  Coming here does help though so off to do either Leslie walk or marching.  That and ibuprofen should do the job.

Night my sculpted friends.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited February 2013

Been powering out the work so no noon walks lately but today said screw it and went.

Lots of crap happening at work, we're being downsized, not a happy place right now. 

I threw my lying boss into the Bonfire of the Goddesses last week and he's still sizzling.

10.56 km = 6.56 miles walked since I was here last.  Mary, New Orleans would be fun!

• ruthbru
    edited February 2013

Last time I was in New Orleans, my girlfriend was proposed to by a street vendor and ' earned' her beads (actually she was trying on a tee shirt in one of the open air markets; it was too small, and when she pulled it off, the shirt she was wearing underneath came off too....but it makes a better story if you don't explain Smile).

Walked an hour on the treadmill and have been fighting with a new computer ever since....I'm too old, don't like change!!

(Alert.....baseball talk.....)Mary, I didn't know that Denard was a yoga guy. The perfect man.....sigh, I am so depressed, I'm afraid that the Twins are going to be awful this year.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2013

I am gearing up for Valentine's Day!  SOMEONE has to find out the perfect combination of Washington State wine and Theo Chocolates.  So heading to the wine bar tomorrow to do this critical bit of research.  I am counting the one mile walk each way as exercise. 

More V-Day activities in the offing.  I am giving myself something like 300 calories and credit for "stretching"Innocent

Yes, my wrists are still sore, but on the mend (doofusitis attack from tripping over a parking spot barrier and landing on my hands Sunday after getting gas and using restroom - don't ask).  Purple left thumb and right wrist.  Plus Ace bandage on left wrist.  Thinking I will be fine for skiing this weekend though.

Ruth......I don't think Windows 8 is a major improvement other than it boots up with amazing speed.  Particularly the assumption you want to share stuff like Girls Nite Out pix with the world.  I still like to keep some things private.  Putting electrical tape over your webcam might be a good precaution as well.

Anyway, felt vindicated when I took Rexxie (my 2003 Subaru WRX) into the dealership for some V-Day love.  I needed a rebuilt left front axle as had an oozing CV joint.  The 20-something at the desk told me how much he LOVED my car!  I got 10% off a repair which was a lot less than the initial quote.  Rexxie is now ready for the slopes.

Off to bed for an early night.  Much to do in the AM.  Plus get out all the V-Day wishes.  (Making sure in advance all of you take care of your DH or SO, even if it means buying red roses and chocolate for yourself.)

And hoping my wrists are tons better! - Claire

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited February 2013

Ouch, Claire, hope you're healed soon. 

Thanks for the shout-out, LilacBlue.

bedo, the hooping I'm doing is like free form dancing with a hula hoop.  As a workout, it's definitely cardio and core strengthening.  Also there's some jumping.  The arm work is pretty wimpy as the hoop is pretty light weight.  I'm just working up to 30 minute sessions.  Usually the timer goes off and I go a couple more songs.  Tonight I did my usual 30+ minutes and a walk afterward.

• NatsFan
    edited February 2013

Happy Valentine's Day to all you Sculpted Sisters!!!  Kiss

Mary Spa Day was perfect - ahhhhh.  When I win the PowerBall, I'm going to do that all the time instead of once a year! 

Badger - so sorry about the downsizing issues.  3 years ago my department went from 167 career staff to 96.  As you can imagine, that was not a happy time.  And of course for those of us who were lucky to still have jobs when the dust settled had to pick up all the work formerly done by those who were gone.  At least management was pretty honest with us - I'm sorry that doesn't seem to be the case for you.  Claire - feel better!  (warning - baseball talk) Ruth - just finished listening to Denard being interviewed on XMRadio - he surely seems like a good guy. 

Edited to add my exercise - this is an exercise thread after all - 30 minutes core workout with stability ball.  It came a bit easier today, but is still intense.  30 minute treadmill on the schedule for after work. 

• pat01
    edited February 2013

More snow this morning and another delayed start to work.  All I managed was crunches before bed and classical stretch this morning.  Trying to do at least something every day.  Happy Valentines Day everyone.

• liv-
    liv- Member Posts: 272
    edited February 2013

bottom half weights..no walk

• Titanium
    Titanium Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2013

Can anyone tell me how soon you can start push-ups or chest presses?  I had bmx in December with implant reconstruction under my pec muscle.  It still feels very tender and I get pec spasms when I try to use my chest at all.  Im walking and using an eliptical.  Also light hand weights for shoulders bis and tris, squats lounges etc.  Im looking forward to feeling fit and normal again !