Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited April 2013

LOL, say Red Sox all you want, but thanks for including that it is baseball, because otherwise I have to go google to figure out which sport you are talking about.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2013

Ruth - I think I was watching that game on MLB TV - what a treat.  I've never hit Arizona spring training, but I've heard it's great.  So glad yo had a good time!

6.2 mile run yesterday - 42 degrees and raining - I was COLD!!!

But all is forgotten because, yes, today is Opening Day!  I put my leave slip in for today months ago.  We're just getting ready to head down to Nats Park to see my beloved Nats open the season against the Marlins.  (Momine - those are all baseball teams  Wink)  They're going to raise the NL East Champ pennant today - can't wait.  After suffering through back-to-back 100 loss seasons just a few years ago, this is unknown territory for us Nats fans!  Cool

Go Nats! 

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited April 2013

I'm looking for motivation.  LOL  I had my implant exchange on March 13th, and doctor released me back to exercise after only 8 days!  This is not exchange from expanders to implants.  It was removing implants and putting in new implants, he removed additional scar tissue and sculpted me so that the implants slope in more naturally.  I'm so pleased, that I don't want to accidentally ruin the result.  :)  So I started back with only walking for 3 days on the treadmill.  Yesterday I finally reached my first 10 miles for exercise.  I did 94 minutes total (50 EFX and 44 Treadmill).  Before the surgery I was at 14 miles a day.  It's interesting that only 8 days off puts me so far back, but I do know it's because my body is still healing.  Oh yeah, I also gain weight from my surgery.  I'm like 4 pounds heavier now!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited April 2013

Have fun, Mary! Hopefully it was not 35 degrees like it was in the Twin Cities.

Welcome, Debra. Any surgery does set a person back....so slow and steady.

Back on the treadmill for an hour.....boo hoo!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2013

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishesLaughing  Did spin class tonight but don't particularly like the music the new instructor plays all rock and roll and heavy metal yukFrown  It was beautiful here yesterday as well and as the gym was closed we took the dog down to dog beach and walked for an hour and saturday was Body Combat.  On friday I took my visitors down to the San Diego wine country, I was the designated driver so I was a good girlSealed

Ruth glad you enjoyed your visit to Arizona.  I've lived in the US for 33 years and have been to exactly two baseball games and one of those was with NatsfanWink happy opening day!!  Too funny LLL I just turned 63 so I know what you mean, who in the hell is that old woman in the photos cause in my head I'm in my 30sTongue Out  Pat am really looking forward to hearing about the surprise party.  Debra it won't take long to get back to where you were, slow and steady wins the race. 

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2013

Went for a walk last night...just around the golf course.  I have a nasty cough that is coming from my chest, no sore throat but a headache. Any ideas, maybe just a cold.  

Back to work today

Balsie

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

probably one of those stupid viruses going around since we can't open the windows and get any fresh air in....if you are still hacking on Thursday or Friday, see a doctor so you don't have to be miserable all weekend.

Back to work for me too.

• NatsFan
    edited April 2013

Opening Day was great - Ruth I thought of you a couple of times.  First of course was when Denard Span was announced - I took a picture of him I'll try to post when I unload the card.  Secondly was the fellow who tossed out the first pitch - he's a Medal of Honor winner from your state of ND - Clint Romesha. He has quite a story - a real American hero:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/1/clint-romesha-quiet-opening-day-tribute-heroism/?page=1

Did the Nats Walk 2 mile round trip from the parking lot, and even took the steps up to our seats in the top level for a bit of extra exercise.  It was good to be back in a baseball park!  And they won!  All was right with the world.  Cool

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2013

Back from a week vacation in Florida, so nice to feel the sunshine....did some exercise while away, but also did some major eating! So back on the wagon....went to the gym 20 minutes elliptical, 15 on the bike...why is it so hard to get back into working out when you take a quick break, but so easy to take a quick break?

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Sounds like a great day, Mary! We are a small population state, so I have seen lots of local news coverage on Clint Romesha. So we all feel proud because he is a 'neighbor'. He was also on Letterman right after he got his Medal of Honor, which was very cool.

Coco, I agree, it is a lot easier to be 'bad' than 'good'. For me, especially in the eating department.

Did FIRM Complete Aerobics and Weight Training tape. An oldie but a goodie.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2013

I did a 4 mile walk today including a climb up Queen Anne Hill.  Took in all the flowering trees, then on to Bartell Drugs for hair color, with a visit to Trader Joe's on the way back for frozen veggies.  Picked up some frozen cod for dinner (which I will make less virtuous with some breadcrumbs and butter on top).

Back to my report as hopefully brain is exercised enough for me to figure out how to attack the frame.  Lots going on in what should be a simple study, and I don't think that what is popping out is the real study.  So have to put all the pieces together the right way.  Or the end client will design a new version with more problems than the current.

If I get stuck, I can think of the glorious blooming trees and the heavenly scent of flowering jasmine. - Claire

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2013

I did go to the gym for Body Step class but it was such a half hearted effort I feel guilty for even posting thisFrown

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited April 2013

8 mile run. The temps are below freezing again and there was a wind. But you always feel good when you're done, and it does make it a little easier that the sun is coming up sooner and you can hear the birds and a few bunnies run across your path. BUT everything is still so dull and gray around here, nothing is popping up yet, no greens or yellows.Undecided

Nats, glad to see your boys of summer won their opener.  So did mine! But as a "long-suffering Red Sox fan" we know not to get too excited. The last 2 seasons were rather miserable, and before 2004 there was an 86 year drought.

Have a good day, everyone.

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2013

Out to the bank and back during lunch = 30 minutes of brisk walking and a pesky errand completed.  A good two-fer for a Wednesday!

• Cocobean
    edited April 2013

Went for a 1.5 hour hike with my mom after my Herceptin...usually feel like taking a nap after it, but this was definitely a better choice...fresh air and some sun...temps in upper 40s...spring is on it's way :) 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2013

hi all, looks like I haven't been here since Sunday morning.  Logged 6.5 km for Sun and 9.3 km for Mon & Tues.  Combined that's 15.8 km = 9.83 miles walked since last post.  (Go Brewers! Cool)

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Pretty nice day, walked outside & did Pilates Challenge.

The Twins beat the Tigers with a two run double in the bottom of the ninth! Laughing

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2013

Body Combat class tonight and after class a girl stopped me in the parking lot and told me how impressed she was that I knew all the moves, didn't have the heart to tell her I'd been doing Combat for a long time, only hope I can keep it up as I'm feeling lots of creaks and cracks lately

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2013

((Cheryl)) no matter what, I'd always want you on my side in a bar fight!  WinkSmile

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited April 2013

Hi ladies - been off for a while, can't catch up so I'm just jumping back in here.  Surprise party for DH was a blast - so many people came in costume, and we even had a sunflower seed spitting contest (25 ft. winner - impressive!)  Hubby was truly surprised and happy, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect few days with friends and family.  All my kids came home, and on Easter Sunday we staged a "special" Easter Egg Hunt where one of the eggs contained an engagement ring!  So now another wedding to look forward to (my oldest son).

Of course, with all the company and hullabalou, I didn't exercise at all or eat very well either.  So got up this morning and forced myself to do some classical stretch, and tonight it's off to spinning!  Hope all is well with everyone.

Pat

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2013

Hi, haven't been here in several days.  Only did water aerobics Tuesday eve and again tonight.  At least I made it to gym 3 times this week and mini-workouts at home on the other days. 

Night sculpted friends.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2013

Pat: Your surprise party sounds like it was a hit! Love the Easter Egg Hunt surprise.

"Walked" 2 miles with my Leslie CD tonight.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Treadmill & Arms, Abs, Buns of Steel......still cold and wintery here!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited April 2013

Ruth-- Buns of Steel!  Love that title :-)  

Nicole, congratulations on finishing AC.  Are you doing weeky Taxol or every 3 weeks?

I've been hooping every day since I last checked in here.  A few walks with the hubby as well.  Eating way too many sweets though.  Radiation fatigue is kicking in but I'm almost done with it.  Five more to go.

• hbcheryl
    edited April 2013

This morning went to spin class with my crazy instructor at her new gym and it was an outside spin class, they take the bikes out to the parking lot and then added into the mix after 45 minutes on the bike you get 3lb weights and you do upper body workout and crunches while still riding, it was very different and I thoroughly enjoyed it, don't know what it will be like when summer blazes in they'll have to fashion some kind of cover but it was a lovely spring morning.

Pat so glad your DH enjoyed his surprise and congrats to your son, what a fun way to propose.  Patoo good to see you.  Ruth jump on the plane and come visit, beautiful weather and all the roses are starting to bud and I'd even go to a baseball game with youTongue Out Badger you know when we're at the bar, I've always got your backLaughing 

Edited to add - and you know me, we're at the candy barSurprised

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited April 2013

Wow, Ann, you're almost at the finish line. And hooping all the way!

Cheryl, great idea to bring the spinning outdoors. It's still cold and dreary here.

It was a relaxing day of yoga via youtube for me.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited April 2013

Got a walk in at lunchtime yesterday, but not today, looks like it might pour any second now.  Spin class kicked my butt yesterday, but it was good to get back in the saddle (pun intended!).  Got up late for work today so no classical stretch for me.  I'm going to look for a bathing suit after work today, so if that doesn't spur me on to exercise more, nothing will!

• Cocobean
    edited April 2013

Good yoga class yesterday....going to the gym today to get back into some strength training....there I said it, now I have to do it :)...it's my last of off from being on medical leave since Sept....go back to work on Monday, very excited, but also worried about fitting everything in, including exercise....I teach 7th grade, so Ruth you are an inspiration to me! It will happen! :)

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited April 2013

Feestyle step and body balance today for me.  Whippy wind and rain so no run training today.  Took a week off of online and good to catch up and be back!

Coco, good to read you got away and I bet you will do well when you get back to teaching...7th grade - ahh, bless you and Ruth.

Have a good weekend everyone.Smile

• NatsFan
    edited April 2013

Cheryl - an outdoor spin class - sounds wonderful!  Patoo - good to see you!  Pat - the party and proposal sound perfect!  Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. 

Been fighting off a cold so have hunkered down and rested, with just a bit of walking this week.  I leave for San Diego Monday morning for a conference, and I really didn't want to fly cross country with a cold.  Also my training schedule calls for one last long training run Sunday - 13 miles (!?!) - so I wanted to be able to do that.  Thankfully the training schedule starts tapering down after that - I have a tune up 10K race on the 21st, then the half marathon is on April 28th.  I plan on sitting on my butt to recover for a while after it's over.  All finishers of the HM get a special Tiffany necklace, so I can wear that and recover in style!  Cool

Since I'm in San Diego next week, I plan to take in the Padres-Dodgers game in San Diego on Thursday night, so anyone out that way who'd like to do a meet up, PM me and we can meet there.  

Sunshine today - finally - after a week of rain and cold.