Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2013

Got a great walk in after work last night! OUtside too!  Storm is coming this afternoon I hear.  Oh also upper body toning.  

Enjoy

Balsie

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited April 2013

Not a lick of exercise yesterday - couldn't walk at lunch because I had dermatologist appt., and of course she wanted to take something off to "check", so by the time I got home I found hubby sitting outside near the firepit smoking a cigar. So instead of putting my house back together after the carpet guys, I joined him outside with a glass of wine until sunset.  Much better use of my time, don't you think?  The house can wait til the weekend.  I will try to walk this afternoon, but am skipping spinning since I forgot my gym bag (still buried in the big mess of stuff).

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2013

Pat - I think that's a perfect use of your time!!  Badger - my cousin brought me one of those voodoo dolls from NO last year - they're very frightening looking.  And you've pretty well figured out the zombie app - it's a running app that tells you when to run to avoid the zombies.  I've been wanting to try it as it's supposed to be a fun way to train.  https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

No run this morning Cry as I'd already run on consecutive days which I try to avoid to spare my joints.  I want to get a good run in tomorrow before the long flight home, so I'll hit the hotel fitness center later today and do some cross training or weights instead. Looking forward to seeing Cheryl and Ann tonight!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited April 2013

SAB, Thank you - I downloaded the app and love it - wow- it was so much fun and loved hearing my own shuffle playing inbetween.  Ruth, unbeknownst to me, husband had dangled a 5£ carrot and found out about it when he got home - sigh, so half a miracle in my book.  Have  lovely evening ladies!

Fun zombie run today and making progress with physio. I'm at 90% for radial left arm movement. 

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2013

Day off of running-I left the zombies at home today and walked briskly for an hour, then had a nice long stretch. Beautiful day.  Home now bidding on a pair of Brooke's running shoes (last year's model, getting hard to find.)

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited April 2013

spinning agin today still sore from pilates and step 2 days ago but got in a good sweat.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited April 2013

Gee, that Zombie app sounds fun. I don't suppose one could just briskly walk away from the Zombies....Undecided

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Darn-outbid for my shoes by $1.00!  Oh well.  

Ruth, Zombies are pretty slow Smile. I don't have the regular app, but it is on sale right now (as is the one I have, the 5k trainer) for half price.  I'm sure someone here has listened to the regular app. and can tell us more.  The 5k trainer had me walk for 10 minutes, than do 15 second runs interspersed with 1 minute walks (10 times) then it allowed me to do what I wanted for 10 minutes, though I chose to go longer.  So it might work.  I think there are walking apps out there too...I just love to walk with friends and visit so I never looked into it.

I'm going to make a running mix.  Does anyone have favorite exercise music with a good beat?

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2013

SAB....did you try Asics?  When I was buying running shoes a week ago, I found they were tons more comfortable than Brooks.

REALLY FEELING yesterday's run.  But quads only.  They will recover, but WALKING to the wine bar later this afternoon.

But really annoying to lose out by just a $1. - Claire

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited April 2013

Walked along the harbor with NatsFan and HBCheryl :-) and did about 30 minutes of hooping later.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Tell us more about the California fun!

30 minutes of lower body toning and went to a staff dinner. We have a Professional Development Day tomorrow, which will be more low key than a day with 13 year olds! Snow today and more to come Cry.

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Claire in Seattle, I know asics makes a great shoe but I got hooked on these semi-minimalist shoes in the Brooke's line called PureCadence.  They are very light, and fit my foot well.  I guess that's why there are so many brands...so many different types of feet!

As for pain, I never know anymore when my aches are Tamoxifen and when they are exercise. Or both?

Ann, is hooping a class you take?

• _Ann_
    edited April 2013

Hi SAB!  Hooping is dance and tricks with a hula hoop.  I've taken a few classes and a workshop.  I started out with YouTube and some instructional DVD's.  If you've never seen it, here's a nice demo.  Someday I'll look just like this :-)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78mJv2E_ib4

Ruth, we had dinner at a place on stilts over the harbor.  A guy popped over from the next table, I think he was hitting on HBCheryl.  We had a lovely conversation and a walk and finally NatsFan went off to a Padre's game.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2013

The Zombie app sounds so fun - I want to try it!  

I'm an Asics fan too, but there are some great shoes out there, something for everybody

Ann, cheryl, Mary  what a nice chance to visit together

Ten days until the big project is completed - can't wait.  It's occupying my every awake moment right now. Tongue Out  Will try to put down the laptap and cell phone and get out for a trail run later today, now that it's staying light later.  

Hugs, and TGIF 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited April 2013

Ditto on TGIF!

Got a nice long walk in at lunch yesterday.  Today it is going to RAIN, so no walk, but I did get classical stretch in this morning - first time all week, and it felt wonderful.  Lots of moving and rearranging furniture and decluttering crap waiting for me this weekend, but it will be nice to have the house back in some kind of order.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited April 2013

Got to the gym for freestyle step and body balance.

Have a terrific Friday everyone. Smile

Oh Ann, thanks for the hooping link and was completely charmed and mesmerized by watching Shakti.

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Ann, thanks I loved that link and passed it forward too! 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2013

hi ladies TGIF!  Took off work today and walked 6.7 km = 4.16 miles.

Ann, great video, thx for sharing.  Shakti is the embodiment of the word lithe.

Pat, your priorities sound just right to me (wine with DH versus housework).

Mary Louise, hoping you're recovering apace from ooph.  Easy does it!

Athena, thinking of you.  Can you hear my Voice calling out to you?

Cheryl, you still got it girl!

Wishing you all a great weekend.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited April 2013

Hey everyone! Been absent as I have not exercised much earlier in the week due to home projects and gym access issues but am now back on track. Hit the new fitness center today and rode 3 miles on the bike (Wimpy compared to Claire's cycling but I aspire to get to 20+ miles with time. Also did 20 minutes on the Elliptical before finishing up with 2 sets of leg presses and arm exercises.

Hope you are having a great time Natsfan. Ruth, Spring is apparently overrated this year. We have gone from Winter straight into Summer here but I am happy since it is better than the cold and gray days we have been having the past month. Hope it warms up for you soon.

Happy weekend my sculpted friends.

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Walked 4 brisk miles with DH this evening.  Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Cool hoop video....now if we can come up with a 'hoop away the Zombies' app, we could make our fortunes Tongue Out

An hour on the treadmill, 15 minutes upper body, and out for Chinese.....hopefully the exercise neutralized the eating!

We are in a Winter Storm Watch for Sunday/Monday! There were a bunch of robins in the trees in front of my house this morning.....and they were swearing, not chirping!

• _Ann_
    edited April 2013

Oh poor robins, they'll be wanting to fly south again.  Well I got inspired to videotape myself hooping.  Boy was that good for finding things I need to work on!  Time flew by.  I'll probably be sore tomorrow.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited April 2013

I got out and ran 5k in nasty rain/wind off the Puget Sound.  Hoping for better weather for tomorrow's ride.  Still have taxes to get out, but what's new?  Need a 20+ ride if feasible.

Then have a ~35 mile one planned for Sunday.  Favorite route, and hopefully not flooded.

One sign of spring is ASPARAGUS......have had several wonderful feeds so far.  YUM!!!  But backed off to fish, potatoes, and frozen peas with mushrooms (both potatoes and pea/mushroom saute were fresh otherwise).

Tulips are out too, and will do the TULIP PEDAL one week from now. - Claire

• NatsFan
    edited April 2013

Back from San Diego - had a fun dinner with Cheryl and Ann at our meet up.  We ate at a cute little restaurant on stilts looking over the harbor - beautiful views of downtown SD and the Coronado Bridge and the Naval station.  I'd met Cheryl before so it was so good to see her again, and it was wonderful to meet Ann for the first time.  It turned out to be a special celebration - Ann had just had her last rads treatment that very day!  I was absolutely honored that she'd come to dinner with us on such a special day.  Ann and I had fun comparing notes on what the heck to do with chemo curls, since both of us had straight hair before and have no idea of how to manage curly hair.  And yes, two guys there were definitely trying to pick up Cheryl.  One came over with some lame excuse about winning a bet with his buddy if he asked her if he could have some of here onion straw fries, then later his buddy came over with the excuse of "apologizing" for his buddy so he could chat her up too.  So any of you available ladies who want to meet guys - get together with Cheryl - she attracts the guys like crazy!  Cool

Can't believe I missed cherry blossom peak here in DC - it's only one of our most famous attractions.  We'd had very chilly weather before I left, so they hadn't come out yet.  While I was gone they had two 80 degree days and all the cherry trees popped open.  But the night before I got home there was heavy rain and that washed away a lot of the blossoms.  We have a beautiful mature tree in our front yard that was totally closed when I left Monday morning, and by the time I got back last night it was well past peak.  The cherry blossoms are beautiful but so weather-sensitive - this year the peak lasted two days, but given the proper weather, I've seen the peak last two weeks or more. 

Ruth - hooping Zombies app - love the idea!  Claire - asparagus is one of my favorites.  So much you can do with it if you want, but I think I like it best to throw on a cookie sheet, add a little olive oil, salt, and pepper and pop in a hot oven for 10 minutes.  I'm not a gourmet cook at all, so I love easy elegance.

It was a good conference, but I am absolutely exhausted.  Today's schedule calls for REST, REST, REST.  

Nice to type this on a real computer.  I had a balky old laptop from work at the conference - I swear that thing was possessed by evil demons.  The touchpad mouse was very independent and liked to wander off on its own, and the left click was quite absent-minded and couldn't remember what it was supposed to do half the time.      

• NatsFan
    edited April 2013

BTW, here's a picture from one of my dawn runs in SD.  You can see why I was so inspired!  The restaurant Cheryl and Ann and I ate at is at the far end of that point of land right below where the sun is. 

• SAB
    edited April 2013

What a beautiful picture.  I love, love, love SD.

9.25 miles in the hills with DH today, with intervals of jogging. Hot tub this afternoonSurprised.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited April 2013

Haven't posted for a long time but I am still out there doing my 5 k most days. It has been a rough time since surgery in March but maybe it is getting better. I went to my first yoga class since just before surgery yesterday and I know I missed but did not know how much! So good to be back.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited April 2013

Did another 3 miles on the treadmill today.

Love the picture. Looks like a beautiful place for a run.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited April 2013

Did a 21 mile cycle prior to major storms and HAIL moving in.  But enjoyed all the flowering trees etc all the same.  Was super windy out there.  Hoping things are calmer for tomorrow's group ride.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Hour on the treadmill. Winter storm is suppose to commence in the middle of the night, so we shall see.

Beautiful picture, Mary! And about Cheryl......I guess the Beach Boys were right about California Girls Cool!