Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited April 2013

You will need to get a tee shirt saying "Will Run For Bling" Cool. San Diego sounds like a very nice place to be right now...they are predicting a rain/snow mix here for the weekend......

Cocoa, I can NOT make myself get up and exercise in the early morning (although plenty of people more noble than I do), but I make sure I do it when I get home BEFORE I sit down.....otherwise it is torture!! Congratulations on getting back to the 7th grade....that is my favorite age! 

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2013

Finished chemo yesterday.

Hit the gym this morning for 30 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes of yoga.

Damn, it feels good to be done with chemo!  Now I'm hoping to make some real progress on my weight and hopefully take a bite out of my new apple shape.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2013

Yay on being done chemo Nicole!  Great job too on exercising.  Never, never again.....and things just get better from here.

I am off to the wine bar, which involves walking each way.  Lots of cycling over the weekend unless we get hit with sidewise rain.

Got caught up on all my work, but man am I fried! - Claire

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited April 2013

Hello everyone. Have had the most awful week. I now know what happened: the weight training brought down my estrogen levels. As a result of that, I spent almost 48 hours in bed, unable to move and in pain and totally morose. I had to increase my dose of estrogen and am now better. Still have exercise injuries. I did a power yoga class today and was so angry at the residual pain that I exercised through it, when possible. I now know where it comes from, though, and rest and estrogen have helped to lessen it considerably. As has a massage and some TLC. 

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Nicole, congratulations!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2013

Ann: I also craved sweets during radiation. I wanted sweet yummy pastries. Cravings have a purpose and during my radiation, they were good for quick energy (plus they were a special treat!).

Nicole: Congratulations! So happy for you.

Athena: Sorry you have experienced pain this week. Glad you figured out the source.

Today started out cloudy and slowly cleared to blue skies with a high of 67 degrees. Walked/jogged at the park.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2013

Couch potato tonight.  Will try and motivate to walk with Leslie in a little bit.  Supposed to be great weekend weather so should be able to get in lots of walking and/or water aerobics/weight training this weekend.

• Cocobean
    Cocobean Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2013

Nicole- congrats on finishing...awesome!

Went to the gym 35 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and 30 minutes of strength training...clothes are fitting better, keeping me motivated.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2013

Nicole, congrats on finishing chemo and Ann you're nearly done with rads, yay!

Athena, sorry you had such a crappy week, glad you're feeling better now.

Been absolutely swamped at work but still got in a nice walk at lunchtime.

Mary, have fun in San Diego and Cheryl, meet you at the candy bar!  Innocent

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2013

Hi girls!! So much to catch up on! Just wanted to say hi! Have been doing yoga 4 times a week and started walking as it is warming up.

Big news- got an amazing job offer and we are moving to RI, where my hubby already works. We have seen each other just weekends for so long, it will be great to be together! Pat, let's get together ? Ginger, you too!

On our way to FL - driving! Ugh.

Much love to all!! xo Mis

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2013

Misswim- that sounds great; when do you move? Have fun in Fla!

Going on my 3rd week of very itchy hives. Limited exercise since getting warm makes them so much worse.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Nicole, a big congratulations!!!!

Congratulations to misswim as well. Very excited for you!

Athena and Ginger....ouch!

Did a little treadmill and toning before going to a concert last night.

Now I am at work, just ate a scone & drank a cup of coffee....so am out of excuses and have to get at it.

This morning I saw four ROBINS hopping around in a snowbank. It must be SPRING!!

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2013

Thank you for the congratulations, ladies!  It feels so great to celebrate with all of you.

Back to the gym today for another 2.5 miles on the Elliptical and some stretchin.  Bone/muscle pain setting in so I will be downshifting for the next few days FOR THE LAST TIME!  Smile

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Hooray!

Treadmill and abs.

Does watching basketball and baseball on TV at the same time count as exercise?

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited April 2013

Hello everyone. Just checking in as I have been down & out this week with a cold or allergies. Our new fitness center didn't open yet but should this week. Took the week off but am planning to get back into some serious exercising this week.

Misswim, congratulations on the new job!!!

Nicole, congrats on finishing chemo!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We are finally getting some nice Spring weather here.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited April 2013

Congrats Misswim on the new gig!!!  Suspect a new life too.  Yes, there is life after this hammering.

I had to cut my ride short with the excuse of flooded roadway.  Not wanting to add swimming to the mix, I backtracked, ending up with 24, not 35 miles.  No fresh eggs either, so will need to get those at the market tomorrow.  I did a mile of walking too.

First fresh Washington State asparagus which I had for dinner with local brats.  Yum.

I am no longer a "running shoe virgin" as got a pair earlier today.  But with howling wind and sidewise rain, I left the first actual run till another day.  Thinking midweek.

Head is still in projects including the one I just finished.  But more on enterprise software (research) to improve/transform business process.  Why I exercise, as I need a functioning brain to be useful here.

Hoping for only "light rain" tomorrow.  Escaped a major downpour today.....counting myself blessed as I head for bed. - Claire

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited April 2013

Good news for those who are not keen on running (or are not supposed to run, like me):

http://www.webmd.com/heart/news/20130404/brisk-walking-equals-running-for-heart-health-study

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited April 2013

Ran 10.5 miles this morning - over a minute faster than last week's time - then headed to the gym for bench press, back and tris.  The 10.5 is in preparation for a half-marathon coming up in May.  Felt fine, thank God.....

Now I'm having my coffee, egg and Lemon Poppy Muffin!!!  and my Sunday paper.

DH and I (does that mean dear hubby?  I thought it was designated hitter!!) are off for vacation tomorrow for a few days in Florida - Amelia Island. Has anyone been there?  I read about it and it sounded nice so I booked it. Normally we go to St. Augustine, which I love, but thought we'd try something different this trip.

If any of you have been there, please advise . . .

Have a great day!

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

Not been there, but sounds wonderful! Report back, please.

Did old FIRM tape with the intiminating name of Maximum Cardio Burn plus Abs....since it uses 'The Fanny Lifter', it is hard and good. Glad to read about the benefits of a brisk walk, as I couldn't make myself run..even for jewelry!

My 'Designated Hitter' has caught an awful cold, so I am staying as far away from him as possible!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited April 2013

I will let all of you know how running goes.  Cycle was a wash out....make that a "sleet out"!!!  I have learned that my limit cycling-wise is frozen precip.  So also snow and hail.  Trust me, I have cycled in all three.  (Add in sidewise rain here.) But not starting out.  Bagging all this virtue and heading to the wine bar for a ladies Sunday afternoon trunk show.  Much more fun.

Think I will take a few of my extra minutes to do a facial prior to hitting the shower.  Now that sounds like a plan.  I will get in the mile walk each way plus take in the market.  Also need eggs and to check out the Beechers cheese redo.  So should be fun.  Will wear my rain gear, which being in Seattle, is the only way to go. - Claire

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2013

Weather beautiful today so walked the neighborhood for almost 2 hours. 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2013

Misswim congratulations on the job and move, and have fun in Florida.  Woohooooo for you Nicole.  Hope you are feeling better Odie. Lulu have a wonderful vacation sorry I can't help as I've only been to Palm Island.

Today did Body Step class and yesterday half a Combat class as I had to go to work but I figured 30 minutes was better than 0 minutes.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2013

Lots to catch up on!  We were in Amsterdam for Spring Break last week - walked and biked the city, got our fill of rijsttafel, viewed the flowers at Keukenhof.  I'm up a few pounds despite the activity, so time to crack down this week!

Did an hour of Brett Howard pilates yesterday - lovely class with great cueing.   If the weather holds out, hope to go for a trail run this afternoon.  

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited April 2013

Congrats on the new job, mis!

Rijstafel sounds great, joy.

Patoo, that's a nice long walk. I'll take a walk along the lake now given that it's at least as good as running (thanks, Momine)! I took a rest day yesterday, apart from biking to the store to get some milk, and am having a hard time motivating myself today. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited April 2013

Congrats misswim on the new job and move - we definitely have to get together when you are up here.

Did my classical stretch this morning, and looking forward to a nice walk at lunch - the day looks beautiful out there.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

70% chance of snow here today CryCryCry

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited April 2013

WTF!

Rainy and 68 today....... chance of snow 39 on Thursday.... what!

Off to walk on treadmill or maybe in the rain.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited April 2013

spinning class today whew!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2013

Joy: Amsterdam for Spring Break sounds delightful!

misswim: Congratulations on your new job!

Not meaning this to be rubbed in Ruth's face (sorry about your snow Yell), but I pushed mowed for over an hour for the first time this season. Highs in the 70s, partly cloudy, and a nice cool breeze to dry the sweat. Windows are open and the breeze is refreshing.

Then I walked/ran at the park. Tomorrow I'll feel all those "mow" muscles I haven't used in months!

• ahdjdbcjdjdbkf
    ahdjdbcjdjdbkf Member Posts: 188
    edited April 2013

70 minutes on the spinning bike last night.Laughing

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2013

Holy cow, so much walking in the last two days at Universal.......and yoga in the room at night. We are having a glorious vacation!