Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2013

Hi all.  Yes, the voices have been working overtime.  Got to gym 4 days this week (including tonight).  Even did a little running on treadmill so maybe I'll also motivate myself by registering for another 5K.  That may keep me on track and make me train - couch to 5K program, again.  Left, and noone turned them in, my running shoes at the gym couple weeks ago so maybe will treat myself to new ones.  (whoever wants someone else's sneakers????)

Wanted Popeye's chicken wings and biscuit after gym tonight but just had a big salad instead.  Weekends are my weak link for eating but will try and be 'reasonably' good. 

I'm motivated so expect to hit the gym tomorrow and Sunday afternoon DS says he will go with me (wonder of wonders!).

Night my sculpted friends.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited March 2013

Cool video, thanks Badger.

After talking about the good old Richard Simmons Dance Your Pants Off video, I had the urge to do it. Wanting to make it a little more challenging, I dragged out a step, did the arm movements but stepped the feet (which I could choreograph if I decided to do it more often), so it turned out to be a fun, pretty good workout. Then DH and I went out for Chinese (following Badgers 'eat, drink and be merry' advice instead of Athena's Wink). Happy Weekend, Everyone!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited March 2013

I feel like a broken record.  Hooped til I was exhausted then took a cool-down walk.  Ruth, I love the title Dance Your Pants Off. :-)  Happy weekend, sculpted sisters!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited March 2013

Freestyle step yesterday and down day today unless I do some gym ball and handweights.

Have a good weekend all!Cool

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited March 2013

Hour of mat pilates yesterday, weather is lousy today so plans for reformer jump board and stretch today.  

I've been better with eating and have been trying to cut out wheat the past few days, feeling better for it.  This week is Restaurant Week in Budapest - 50% off at select restaurants.  Had a fine meal at a Sicilian restaurant last night - yum.  

Great Mariah video, badger! 

Happy Weekend All ~

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2013

Too funny, Ruth!! I too have been wanting to do the "Dance your Pants off" video too!!  I have been concentrating on my FIRM - Total Body for now, cause I am going in for my ooph on April 4th (Pre-op was yesterday), and want to get toned up as best I can beforehand!  Will only be allowed to walk for a bit afterwards.  Will probably have to pop that 'tape' in soon!!  I always added sound effects to some of the moves (always did this one with my sisters and mother, so hammed it up a bit!).  Apparently, Richard is coming to my area the weekend after my ooph, so sadly, can not participate in the event!

Still keeping up with at least 30 minutes - 60 minutes of excercise daily!  I am enjoying it, and have noticed a difference in my body, but not necessarily the scale!!  Surprised  I am sticking with muscle is heavier that fat!! 

Keep on, keeping on, Everyone!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2013

75 mins running in pool at gym today together with water weights for upper body.

Night my sculpted friends.

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited March 2013

I decided to take a rest today to allow my arms and shoulders a bit of time to heal.

Patoo - I keep telling myself I need to do more of what you are doing. Could try that tomorrow, actually.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited March 2013

Good evening all.

Did the Bunny Hop at an Easter Egg Hunt this morning. Then walked/ran for 30 minutes this afternoon. Now I'm laid back with a cat on my lap. 

• ruthbru
    edited March 2013

Hit the Spot Pilates with Denise Austin & 30 minutes on the treadmill. I bought new inserts for my shoes, so my feet felt better.

Mary Louise, muscle DOES weight more than fat (and I am not even making that up)!!!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2013

Glorious day in the mountains for the last weekend of nordic skiing.  Did 10+ miles today, and then a SOAK as my body was talking to me big time.  Doing a bit of work as beets and Jerusalem artichokes roast.  Beets go into Red Flannel Hash to finish up the St Pat's Day corned beef (with leftover cabbage).

Which reminds me that I need to cook the Yukon Gold potatoes I got yesterday.

My skiing buddy Jim, gifted me with his extra pair of SNOWSHOES, so ready for another Mt Rainier exploration.  Thinking I want a view of the Nisqually glacier, and April-May is the perfect time.

Judging by the fact that it hurts to sit down, I think I got sufficient exercise.  Interestingly, I was at least as warm today in the brilliant sunshine as when on Maui. - Claire

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited March 2013

Gorgeous day here too, sunny and almost 40F.  Had been hearing them but today saw my first robins so spring is officially here.  Haven't seen the red-winged blackbirds yet but someone else has, so there's another sure sign.  Walked 90 minutes and logged 10.4 km = 6.46 miles.

Mary Louise, good luck with ooph.  I had one last Nov and it wasn't too bad a recovery.  In fact, a week later, I walked a Jingle Bell 5K, which impressed my surgeon when I saw him for two-week post-op follow-up appt.  He gave me path report and copies of before & after surgery pics of my ovaries & tubes.  Said I was doing everything right so felt good about that.  I wouldn't have run that 5K (but I wouldn't have anyway) and I suspended yoga practice for two weeks but I kept on walking until I saw him and got the OK. 

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2013

Thanks for the info, Badger!!  I was a little surprised when I was told that the recovery would really only be 1 - 2 weeks of no heavy lifting!  I was encouraged to keep walking - even the very next day, but have to wait for surgeons OK before doing any crunches or high impact stuff.  Glad to hear the recovery is not too bad - I am kinda a wimp when it comes to surgery!

Heading downstairs now for my FIRM workout.  Didn't get any formal excercise yesterday, unless you call cleaning the yard up from a winter of gifts from our Black Lab!!

• LuvLulu07
    edited March 2013

Did an hour of pilates reformer.  More snow tomorrow (!!!) good that I'll get to use my Icebugs again in the next few days.  Crazy weather - I imagine that once spring is really here, it should be incredible!  

• 1Athena1
    edited March 2013

The most we have here are dull, dark and dreary days. Oh, I saw a flake or two of snow, but nothing more.

Just came back from club. Too lazy to go swimming, I'm afraid, but I did:

--legs

--chest

--lats

--triceps

--100 appropriately murderous ab crunches.

So I am done with week three. It is safe to say that I am stronger today than I was 21 days ago. I am not very good at routines, so I am not sure how long I can follow my program to the letter. I may pick more advanced exercises.

fmakj - your black lab's gifts are surely exercise (so long as you keep your back straight. :-) ) 

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2013

Gentle walk in the park with a girlfriend.  Taxol aches must be accommodated......for now.

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2013

toning...and maybe a walk after dinner tonight.  We had snow again today....it is hard to believe we will ever get sunshine and summer.  

Happy Sunday night everyone! 

• ruthbru
    edited March 2013

Treadmill and some arm work. Tomorrow night DH & I fly off to Arizona for a couple days of 'fun in the sun'. I'm packing some toning rings & will try to get in a bit of toning, but mostly I am going to walk and walk. I am the worst packer in the world (and very unwisely always put it off until the last moment), so that is what I am going to attempt now. I'll check in tomorrow before I go.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited March 2013

Spent the day yesterday working in the yard and my legs are screaming at me today. Walked 2 miles today to stretch them out.... 

Good luck with the ooph Mary Louise.  Picked up all my winter presents yesterday too.. ha ha

Agree that surely Spring has to get here soon right?.... Wishing everyone a wonderful week.   

• claire_in_seattle
    edited March 2013

Perfect snow today, if less sunny.  So a fabulous weekend to end the x-country season.  Butt is talking to me big time.  Something about those 10 miles of heavy-duty skiing both days.  This includes the downhills where I had to stop a couple of times as quads were saying "we quit"!

Have lots of color too as March snow is much more potent than even July cycling.

Now to put gear away for the season including my newly-acquired snowshoes. - Claire

p.s.  Supposed to be near 60 and perfect cycling next weekend.  Life doesn't get better than this.  Especially, if I take in the garden of Dutch bulbs.  Just spectacular when in bloom.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited March 2013

Ruth, have fun!  Joy, we have that snow today. Might try those Icebugs next winter.  Claire, those downhills must be exhausting on those thin cross-country skis. Will have to try cross-country one day.  

Yesterday I didn't know what to do so I did at least 10 minutes of everything: wave runner, elliptical, bosu ball cardio, kettlebells, weight machines, stationary bike, stretching.

• 1Athena1
    edited March 2013

'Morning, everyone! We are having our first snow of....Spring!

• LuvLulu07
    edited March 2013

Oh heidi - can't you just hold on to that snow and not send any more this way??   LOL    Yes, I highly recommend Icebugs - and I don't get a commission!  

Pilates jump board, and MELT stretch - a new technique that I just tried that is amazing.  The great thing about MELT is that you can quickly learn it, and then can continue it on your own without paying anybody!  Just need a soft foam roller and a small bouncy-type ball.   And no - I don't earn anything from this either.   Smile     www.meltmethod.com

Happy Snow Day, for some of us!  

• lbrewer
    lbrewer Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2013

PLEASE BE CAREFUL ON TREADMILLS!  I shut my eyes for just a second and was thrown off.  Crushed the C6 disc in my neck and compresesed my spinal column.  Emergency surgery....neurosurgeon said I should have been paralyzed.  Can you imagine going through all the BC treatments and ending up paralyzed because you were trying to get back into shape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2013

lbrewer - oh my - how frightening!!  I am SO glad you're OK.  Thanks for the warning - I will definitely be more aware.

Yes, Athena - what's with the Snow In March in DC business!!??!!  But, I'd rather have snow today than a week from today - April 1 is the Nats Opening Day, and I really don't want to sit in a snowstorm during a baseball game!  I sure hope it warms up soon!

Heidi - that MELT looks interesting - I love my foam roller anyway so I will definitely check it out.

My training program called for an 11 mile run yesterday.  It took me close to 3 hours, but I did it!  I've only got 4 weeks to go before the half marathon, so it's getting intense.  But after completing yesterday's training run, I'm confident that I can do it, barring injury.  I won't set any speed records, and I may be the last one over that finish line, but I really think now that I can finish it. 

• 1Athena1
    edited March 2013

What ibrewer said - I still can't believe I haven't had a major accident, two-left-footed creature that I am.

Natsfan, yeah - DC wil probably be obsessing about this storm for a week. Congrats on your 11 mile run! 

• claire_in_seattle
    edited March 2013

I know all about sports injuries.  Fortunately, my back is just fine, but in the past 6 years, have injured both shoulders, banged up my left ankle twice, and most recently, sliced my right toe on coral.  This plus assorted doofustits injuries.  But worth it to stay fit and on top of my game.  Plus see the most amazing sights.

Downhills on x-country skis are not difficult because they are lighter, but because you have to snowplow.  Wonderful exercise for the inner thighs and butt.  Hurts to sit down this AM.  I feel well exercised for the first time in over a month....with work, the stomach flu, and my Maui trip, I got a lot less than normal.  But was still in shape, as no problems at all doing those long treks.

Natsfan.....congrats on the run!  You are almost there.  You should be noticing things such as your jeans didn't shrink as much in the wash recently.

Anyway, I am ending winter some 5-6 pounds lighter than a year ago.  I usually lose a bit of weight over the summer too.  So thinking that by September, I will be the weight I was about 7 years ago before my divorce and move.  Especially if I add running into the mix.  This with eating what I want to eat and not depriving myself that way.

Time to get those shoes. - Claire

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited March 2013

Spin class today love it so easy on teh feet and knees and i great sweat

• grammietofour
    grammietofour Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2013

You girls are amazing!  I am four weeks out from BMX tomorrow and headed out for my first "real" walk today - did about 20 minutes but it was chilly and I was worn out but it felt great.  I go tomorrow for my physical therapy evaluation and interested to see what that will entail.  I have also been doing the basic exercises from my surgeon.  Are there any videos, etc., that you all would recommend for doing at home?  You all are a great inspiration that I will once again be able to be active when through the recovery phase! 

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited March 2013

Thanks Joy for the link and I want to try Melt.

Body step and pilates at the too hot gym.