Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2013

So great to meet up with Mary and Ann, we had a lovely visit and as you can tell the location was gorgeous and then Mary and I had dueling phone navigation systems trying to find Petco Park so I could get her to the ball game, Mary now you understand why I couldn't find the White House, rerouting, rerouting! Ann the video was beautiful. SAB I don't know where you are but there is a radio station in LA that plays workout music it's 104.3 I listen to that in my car and sing along, you can look it up on the Internet, good music is Pink both her old stuff and new, Katy Perry, Nikki Minaj and Kesha but be warned her stuff is raunchy You can also preview music on iTunes.

Did Body Combat class this morning, we had a new instructor wow she was good so I got myself a great workout.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2013

Beautiful pic, Mary, maybe worth missing the cherry blossoms for.  Glad you ladies had fun!  Was it two at the ball game then?

misswim, congrats on new job & moving, how exciting!  Pack & Sculpt?

I got out in the afternoon sun and walked for an hour, logged 5.8 km = 3.6 miles.

hi Marian, good to have you back ~ Namaste! 

Maybe this is a good time to re-post links to info about safe exercise.

Here's a link to the 8-page BC-related LE & exercise handout for participants

http://www.stepup-speakout.org/Handout%20doc%20for%20SUSO-040113.pdf

and a link to the 14-page document for trainers, both from Step Up Speak Out.

http://www.stepup-speakout.org/Trainer%20doc%20for%20SUSO-040113.pdf

Thanks to everyone who worked on these excellent documents!  ((hugs)) to all

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2013

Spring has sprung here - finally!  Had a wonderful trail hike yesterday for an hour with my favorite furry companion.  The trees are budding, flowers are coming up - ahhhh, glorious day to be outside.  Another hike/run planned for today, this time without my dog.  I hope to check out the Zombie app Laughing sounds like so much fun!  

Thanks badger for posting the stepup-speakout document again.  welcome back marian!  Mary - fantastic photo! Bummer on missing the cherry blossoms ~ I remember trying to figure out when peak season would be, and heading out early to try and beat the crowds

Hugs - hope that everybody is having a good weekend

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited April 2013

Had a great 2 mile run today and felt very comfortable and who knows, might even turn into a runnerWink.  I have the regular zombie app and my shuffle has all sorts of song yet Born in the USA does get me going.

Nice photo Mary.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited April 2013

Go LilacBlue!  Great picture Mary.  Glad you and Cheryl finally found Petco Park.  Badger, thanks for that LE info.  I just had physical therapy education and sleeve fitting, but the info I got about exercise was not nearly that detailed.  MarianE, welcome back and I wish you speedy recovery.  Claire, wow, I can't believe you got hail in Seattle.

Exercise-- yesterday I did lots of back and shoulder stretches with a bolster.  I'm trying to get myself to stand up straight after a lifetime of slouching forward and also work out the remaining tight areas from surgery and from the case of frozen shoulder I had in 2010.  It actually hurts to straighten my back and shoulders since my body is so used to slouching.  But after the stretching I could relax into it much more easily.  Then worked on some hooping arm and hand moves, and took a nice walk with the hubby.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited April 2013

hbcheryl, I am an ex-southern cal girl now living in the Santa Cruz area.  Too bad I can't find a workout station here, but I am willing to put together a nice mix with itunes.  Born in the USA sounds like a great choice.  

Ann, let us know if the bolster helps.  All my activities encourage me to slouch (beading, sewing, writing) and it is a super hard habit to break!  I bet core exercise would help too.

5.5 steep miles on the trails today.  

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited April 2013

One hour water aerobics yesterday; 4.5 miles neighborhood walk today.  My hip is complaining but I plan to whip it into submission.  Maybe if I threaten to start running outside it won't mind my running in water or long walks!  Need to find more exercises for my core and stretches.  Muscles in inner right thigh are very tight and getting worse.

You all are doing so great and it is really helping me.  Thanks.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited April 2013

OMG, I'm stuffed and my belly aches. Got back yesterday from vacation w/my DH ("designated hitter" LOL) where we over ate, over drank, and didn't get enough exercise. I did get a couple of 6 mile runs in. Felt good to run in shorts and tank top.

Tonight I went out to dinner with my "men" - my 3 sons and again, my DH. Tomorrow's my birthday!!  60 years old, I can't believe that number!!  AND we had a wonderful dinner and they presented me w/diamond earrings.

I am truly blessed . . .

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2013

Wow....will make sure I celebrate with you, LuvLuLu!  I did a group ride today ~33 miles, and can tell I haven't done all that much cycling.  I was much more comfortable with about 13 mph vs 15.  I also wanted to look at the scenery which was fascinating as a duel between Winter and Spring with Winter winning in the Cascade Foothills just a few miles away.  (They closed Snoqualmie Pass last night because of snow!)

Sunny though where we were and just gorgeous.

Took a hot bath, and ALMOST don't feel it anymore.  I can tell, lots of training ahead. - Claire

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited April 2013

Congratulations, LuLu! Sexy and Sixty in the tank top and diamond earrings. Cool

It started snowing at 11 am and is still going. It's still snowing so heavily that it is like someone opened up a hole in the sky and is dumping snow out. They just called off school for tomorrow (we are already out of snow days, so not sure what will happen now).

Did FIRM Cardio Sculpt. Then made a fabulous chicken recipe which involved a coating of crushed Ritz crackers and cheddar cheese. Yum!

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2013

I went to my first ZUMBA class today! I loved it...it went by so fast.  I do need to learn the moves a little better.  More Snow coming our way

Enjoy Balsie

• lilacblue
    edited April 2013

Happy Birthday Lulu, diamonds are perfect and glad you had fun on Ameila Island.  I looked it up and it reads so nice and the photos of it are beautiful.  

Hit the gym - body step, pilates class and then something called stretch, tone and relax.  I feel like a wet noodle.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited April 2013

Happy Birthday Lulu, your taught your boys well, they know that "diamonds are a girls best friend"Wink  Ann it was funny as I know where Petco Park is, I just had to get to the other side of downtown but my navigation wanted me up on the freeway and Marys was taking us through town then I missed a turn and we did end up on the freewaySurprised  I just dropped her off as I had a 2 hour ride home but it sure was good to hang out with you guys, sorry you missed the Cherry Blossoms Mary but you had those lovely San Diego Bay morning runsLaughing  Oh Ruth I promised one day sping will sprung, promise, really...   Great to see you Patoo, keep up the good work.  SAB I see most trainers finishing their sessions with those bolsters, they really give a good stretch.  Balsie just keep at it and those latin moves will become second natureTongue Out 

Did Body Step class yesterday, new release and lots of new moves so it was fun, our instructor is pregnant and I just don't know how she's doing it but she's still jumping but she does just instruct on the core movements doesn't do them any more, I'm just amazed that she's still teaching.

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

45 minutes on treadmill while DH snowblowed. Got a call from our tax preparer and our taxes were FINALLY done (not impressed as we had them all organized & in by March 11), so had to plow over the snow to first get them, look them over (he screwed up something on my dads....grrrr) and then get them to the post office.....luckily we did not have school! Came home, did some lower body, walked over to a friend's for coffee, came home & turned on the TV where I saw about Boston.....just feel ill, 4 local kids about my son's age (kids I know) were running the marathon (they are OK). What a terrible world sometimes.......

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited April 2013

Lulu, Happy birthday!!! Sounds like you taught your guys well. Balsie, I love Zumba too. Keep moving and you will have the moves down in no time.

Hit the fitness center today and did 5 miles on the bike,3 on the Elliptical and arm exercises.

I am just sick over the incident today in Boston. Just awful...

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2013

LuvLuLu: Happy Birthday! I pray that you, your family, and your friends are fine. I'm praying for all of Boston.

Cheryl: Beautiful picture!

Walked/ran at the park today. Then came home and push mowed for an hour. It's amazing how fast the grass can grow in one week. 

Praying for Boston.

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Ran and walked on the treadmill today, and then upper body with light weights.  Have decided to try Zumba this week, a big decision for a rhythm-challenged person like mem

Boston on my mind too--terrible, terrible.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2013

I remember that spot so well from my college days in Boston....still can't take it all in.

Got in a run this evening following work and taxes.  Also walked to the Post Office.....mailing guess what?

The 5k runs are getting easier, and I THINK a bit faster.  I feel well exercised and fit.

Tomorrow is back to regular work including following on something I don't think was paid.  I need to check, but don't think the 1099 matches what I invoiced.  Then on to the other items on my list.  - Claire

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2013

Heartsick and infuriated about Boston.  I'm active on the BCO Running thread and there were three BCO regulars who were running.  Two have checked in and they and their families are OK but still no word on the third of our BCO trio.  Worrisome, but I figure she had other things on her mind than checking into the Runnning thread.

30 minutes yoga yesterday and 3 mile run today.  Flying cross-country flared my truncal LE badly so I'm up 3-4 pounds, all in my belly.  Yuck. 

DH is a CPA - our taxes were filed in early February.  When I was single, I was always one of those people circling the post office late on the 15th trying to get my return postmarked before midnight, so this is a definite improvement.  Tongue Out

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited April 2013

Glorious trail hike on a gorgeous spring day.  And an hour of pilates chair, I will feel this tomorrow.

Boston ..... heartsick on such a tragic event.    

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited April 2013

Going to step class. it was ok on my plantars faccitus last time just being careful not to jump keep it low impact.

• lilacblue
    edited April 2013

Carol - enjoy!  It's just horrific to wake to the sad - shocking news of Boston this morning.  I thought of the running thread and Mary, I hope the third running poster checks in. 

Body balance at the gym this am and ran two miles this afternoon. 

Take care everyone

• SAB
    edited April 2013

Good morning.  Did the 5k Zombie training app this morning, then ran for an extra 20 minutes. 

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited April 2013

woo hoo stayed for the second class after step and did 30 mins spin and weights

• patoo
    edited April 2013

Another walk after work - 3.5 miles.  Love the spring (allergies notwithstanding).

• odie16
    edited April 2013

Started day 1 of couch25K today and did 20 minutes of weight training.

• SAB
    edited April 2013

odie16, What is day one for the couch25k?  The zombie trainer gave me ten minute walk/walk 1 minute run 15 seconds for 10x/free run 10 minutes.  You do that three days in the first week. Seems awfully "light" and I don't see how they are going to get to 5k in 8 weeks.

• patoo
    edited April 2013

here's a link to couch-5K:  http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml or http://www.c25k.com/

if the link doesn't work go to www.coolrunning.com or www.c25K.com

• odie16
    edited April 2013

Couch25K starts with a 5 minute brisk walk followed by 60 seconds running then 90 walking alternating for 20 minutes. I also downloaded the Zombie app but haven't tried it yet.

Plan is to do 20 min Elliptical and 20 min bike Mon, Wed & Fri. Couch25K Tues, Thurs & Sat. Sunday will be my day of rest....lol

• ruthbru
    edited April 2013

treadmill

Mary, let us know when your third gal checks in.