Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2013

Thirty-two minutes hooping and a walk with the hubby.  I had a dove up on a chimney watching me hoop in the yard.  

For Mother's Day, feel good about everything you've created and nurtured in the world :-)

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited May 2013

Still not feeling great and I hate taking "stuff." My doctor prescribed a nasal spray which I used for 2 days until it started giving me headaches and feelings like I had too much MSG, and then it made me nauseous.  I found what works best for me is hot tea with honey. Breaks everything up and soothes my throat, so I'm sticking with that!

In spite of not being 100% I ran 10.5 miles today (half-marathon coming up in a couple of weeks) and then went to the gym. I'm tired of not doing anything and feeling sluggish.

Now I'll rest the remainder of the day.

Happy Mother's Day!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited May 2013

Put off my Mother's Day run until it was too hot...will run this evening when it cools, I promise.  I want to wish the Mommas on this thread a happy day!  

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013

today it was a walk on our public greenway with the kids.  We walked for about 1.5 hours but the last 1/2 hour was pretty slow.  Kids to huge naps and I am exhausted!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2013

Lulu I'd add Ruths remedy to your regime - gargle, gargle, gargle it really works and that MSG headache feeling is the pitsFrown  Jen join the kids and have a nap.

Many of the long timers on this thread know that a couple of years ago I befriended two young Vietnamese boys who came to my gym, well one of them has been training to be a trainer, he just got his paperwork allowing him to work and he's subbing classes at a chain gym so this morning I drove up to Long Beach and took his Body Pump and RPM classes, I felt like a momma brid watching her fledgling fly, he is amazingly good and I felt so proud and happy for him.

On the way home I passed a park that was overlooking the ocean and there was an outdoor yoga class going on with tons of participants, Ruth/Badger it reminded me of us in Chicago, made me smileSmile

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited May 2013

Gargle with warm salt water....yes, it does really help with a cold & sore throat.

Neat about your 'kid' Cheryl, I believe he also used to bring you wonderful Vietnamese food too.

Very nice here; did some yard work, walked and did a little toning....all after going out for a large Mother's Day Brunch, of course.

Ah yes, yoga in Chicago....VERY FUN (although the only part I could actually do well was to lie on the ground and think about The Universe Tongue Out).

• _Ann_
    edited May 2013

Cheryl, congratulations to you and your fledgling.

Thirty minutes hooping today and planning a leisurely walk later.  A little yardwork in there as well.  Ugh, how I hate working on irrigation systems!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited May 2013

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Beautiful day today. Had a cookout lunch with relatives. Came home and walked/ran at the park. Nice and cool this evening.

• luvlulu
    edited May 2013

Thanks, ladies, I will gargle.  Starting to feel a little more normal today, a little less congested.

Did intervals at the gym, then shoulders.

Just another Manic Monday!

• SAB
    edited May 2013

Walked and ran yesterday and today.  I know I need to start incorporating some core and upper body so this morning I took a big step and went back to the gym to join up.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited May 2013

Killer body step and then pilates today at the gym.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited May 2013

Did the bike/Elliptical today and arm exercises. Off to soak in the hot tub.....

• jenjenl
    edited May 2013

stationary bike for 50 minutes.  I get motivated to get on the bike just so I can read my book :) hey whatever works right?!?!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited May 2013

Took a short nap this afternoon then later walked/ran at the park. So cool and rejuvenating. 

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

We went from 20 degrees below average to 20 degrees above average. Very hot, windy, and dusty today with a high fire danger. Did 45 minutes of lower body & abs and did 30 on the treadmill instead of walking outside. After all that snow....now what we need is rain!

• hbcheryl
    edited May 2013

Spin class tonight with my old crazy instructor, I came out of there drenched, don't know if it was the workout or the fact it's 100 degrees here😰

Ruth yes the boys still bring great food, last week we had a gym party their contribution was the first to go, and oh my, the place they took me on my birthday, I don't have a clue what I ate but it was fantastic. Yeah SAB welcome to the gym rat club. Jen yes whatever works.

BTW my quads are on fire from all the squats and lunges in Body Pump yesterday, it's been a day of ow ow ow and I got out the massager tonight!!

• _Ann_
    edited May 2013

About 40 minutes hooping and lots of yard work in the heat.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2013

5k trail hike/run yesterday - tackled some bigger hills and discovered a new part of the forest.  

Will get in some pilates mat this afternoon, and a MELT session.  

• luvlulu
    edited May 2013

Had a nice Mother's Day. My 3 boys came over for dinner (of course, they never miss a home cooked meal!) and my mother, 93 years young, was here too. We had dinner, then sat outside with our coffee.  The sun felt good. My boys presented me with a Spa gift card for a massage, mani, pedi.  And my DH did all the cleanup.  That's the good stuff, having family around.

Starting to finally feel better. Just ran 8 miles without too much of a struggle.

Have a wonderful day, all.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2013

A nice walk at lunch yesterday, and some classical stretch this morning.  Lots of yard work after work yesterday, trying to get the place spruced up for the shower in 2 weeks, and we will be away this weekend at my sons fiance's med school graduation.

• lilacblue
    edited May 2013

Body Flow at the gym in the morning and just back from running a 5k this slighty drizzly afternoon. 

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

The wind was gusting to 50 mph so I hit the treadmill.

• hbcheryl
    edited May 2013

Body Step class for me tonight, now if I can just keep my hands out of the cookie jar😛

• _Ann_
    edited May 2013

Did my 30 minutes hooping and spent many hours trimming shrubs and vines.  Accidentally destroyed a bird's nest, which was a real bummer.  Poor bird flew across the street and went nuts.  I'm sorry bird!

• newyear13
    newyear13 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2013

may 12--2 miles; may 13-4 miles; may 14-2 miles

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2013

Nice walk yesterday, arms and crunches last night.  Hope for another nice walk today.

I realized last night that I miss spinning - about 6 weeks ago they changed the class time from 5:15 to 6:15 which just doesn't work for me very well.  But I'm going to try to see if I can work it in once a week.

• SAB
    edited May 2013

So excited to go to yoga this morning at 8, folowed by some cardio.  I usually like to do it the other way around, but that's the schedule.

• lilacblue
    edited May 2013

Oh Ann, I forgive you, newyear13 - well done!, Pat I'm so impressed you are a very early gym woman, SAB- Enjoy! Ruth, I was blown down the road yesterday and Cheryl, this newest LM bodystep release is too repetitive on the jumps (my poor knees) and burpees and the alternatives are repetitive squats, very little actual step and not much fun that I can experience.  What do you think?

Freestyle step and not many showed up today so Sue moved us quickly to three new sections.  A challenge and fun.

• jenjenl
    edited May 2013

50 minutes on the bike - 7 miles today.  The best part I finished my book!

• _Ann_
    edited May 2013

Thirty minutes hooping plus more yardwork.  Sad to say I disturbed another bird nest.  Aack!  I guess it's just not a good idea to trim shrubs and trees in spring time.