Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2013

Body Flow class tonight, oh my I am absolutely useless at the yoga part and when we were at the end in meditation we could hear all the yahooing in the spin room and I was laying there wishing I was in there on my bike........

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2013

Ruth - two weeks!!  Wow - I know you had a horrible winter, but I hadn't realized that it had all added up to 2 weeks.  My guess is that at least some of it will be forgiven - people have trips planned and paid for, summer camp providers are all ramped up and have hired staff and prepared programs, and places like amusement parks that rely on teens for summer staffing need them on board now.  Between summer vacation plans and the summer vacation industry, my guess is that there will be too much pressure and at least some of the 2 weeks will be forgiven.  I don't know what the feds require - there may be some minimum days the state has to require to receive certain federal funding, but waivers are also possible there.  

Still recovering from the race.  I decided to give myself this week off to give the joints and muscles a break - I was pushing them pretty hard at the end.  The first few days the rest felt good, but now I'm getting antsy, so that's a good thing!  We're going to the cabin this weekend - we haven't been there in 3 weeks, and being spring time when Nature explodes, it's going to be an overgrown mess.  Lots of Mow N Sculpt, Prune N Sculpt, Garden N Sculpt, and general Chores N Sculpt on the menu this weekend!  

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2013

Mat pilates this morning - it's stormy and I'm hearing thunderboomers so it looks like no outside activity today. 

cheryl  I'm laughing at your yoga experience - the first time I ever did meditation at the end in yoga class I squirmed and had my eyes open the entire time - seemed like it lasted an eternity!   I did eventually get used to it, though.  Mary  Glad you're recuperating well, have fun at the cabin.  

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2013

Ruth, you are amazing - a late meeting and an early meeting and you still squeezed in treadmill - good for you!

Got a nice walk at lunch yesterday, and hope for another today at lunch, plus got my gym bag in the car for after work!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited May 2013

Misswim, I'm sorry to read of your friends.  Ruth, that sucks, Mary, enjoy your weekend at the cabin, SAB, any news of the interview? 

Freestyle step  and bodybalance -- called bodyflow in the US.  Actually got into a full bridge today and first time since surgery. 

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited May 2013

Hello all and Happy Friday!

So far I walked a brisk hour with a good friend.  Maybe I will go back out with DH later.  

No news on the interview, and thank you for asking! 

I hope everyone has fun weekend plans.  Hiking and hiking for me.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited May 2013

Did HIIT on the treadmill, 20 minutes this morning, followed by legs.

Then I sat on my sorry ass all day! Came home, no one was around so I went out for a 4 mile walk by myself and soooo enjoyed it. Had to get the blood pumping after sitting all day.

Happy Weekend!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited May 2013

Cheryl, we do not have quiet minds!

45 minutes on the treadmill & 20 arms. Might go and do a few ab things....might not.

Governor is still too busy to flip a coin. But it isn't two extra weeks of school, it would be adding time onto the school day the last two weeks. So, you can feel sorry for me, but not that sorry!

Happy Weekend!

• SAB
    edited May 2013

ruthbru, glad to hear that you won't have your break shortened.

4 more miles with DH walking and slogging. Too hot, many bugs.  Time for a cool shower and a movie.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2013

Another busy day at work and was drained when I got home.  TGIF!  Was sitting on the couch reading after supper and heard The Voices saying get off your *ss badger!  So I hied myself to the indoor track and walked for an hour.  Logged 11.33 km = 7.04 miles for the day.  Thanks for the motivation! 

• lilacblue
    edited May 2013

Terrific 5k run today.Cool

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2013

Ruth I agree, my friend who is visiting from Oz meditates every morning she has a nice inner peace about her, me well I can't tell you how many time I've barged in the room and disturbed her but you know I'm always up for a chat!!! I hope you get excused the extra time, the kids are ancy enough at the end of the day they or rather you don't need extra hours tacked on to the day. Mary hope you're enjoying the cabin and all your sculpting. LB I am not built for yoga I'm built square with short arms but I tell you I sure felt my abs after the Body Flow maybe I'll do half the class and then spin that way I get my tai chi fix.

Did a Body Combat class this morning, we have a second houseguest in from the UK for the weekend and she came along with me and I think she enjoyed it, yesterday we did lots of walking, took them to Long Beach and walked the pier in Seal Beach it was absolutely gorgeous weather, off the Glen Ivy tomorrow for a nice spa day.

• SAB
    edited May 2013

hbcheryl, all those classes sound like so much fun.  I think they must spice up a workout.

A beautiful 12.9 mile hike with dd in an all but deserted forest very early this morning. Heaven.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

Geez, I had a long day. I woke up about 6 am thinking about all the school work I need to get done; finally just got up and went over where worked until 1:00. Then I went over and cleaned a museum for the rest of the afternoon (a few years ago I was talked into being on its Board, I thought we'd be talking about/doing history stuff....but we spend most of our time talking about tuck pointing and doing things like today...getting ready to open up Memorial Day weekend, closing things up in the fall etc. etc. So, I dusted a bunch of old things in display cases and vacuumed up about a million dead flies (about which I will have nightmares tonight Surprised). I hate cleaning even my own house....so you can imagine how much fun the day was for me. BLEECH!!! I walked and did some lower body toning when I got home. DH suggested we go out for supper (probably in self defense....I was thinking tuna fish sandwiches).

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2013

Ruth, dead flies, aaack!!!  LilacBlue, I'm cheering to hear you got into bridge the other day-- I haven't done that for a decade and have been wondering... hmmm... at my age could I work up to that again?  Mary I hope you have some fun at the cabin along with the chores.

Well I'm in Portland for a get-away weekend with the spouse, brought my collapsible hoop and did my 30 minutes this morning in the hotel room plus walked around all day, and lots of trips up and down the stairs to our 3rd floor room.  It's great being able to walk around all day without getting sunburned.  In lovely So Cal I end up burnt even with a hat and sunscreen.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited May 2013

Congratulations, Mary!! You are awesome. Wish I could've watched you cross the finish line. We were biking and hiking in the Provence and did not have an Internet connection.

Great job on going under 12, SAB! Will have to try that, too.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2013

Hi all.  Did 90 minutes water aerobics yesterday and then walked outside later for about an hour.  Sneezing, runny nose from allergies seem to be better; just itchy eyes now.  It was nice to get out.  Busy day today but may get in a walk or to the gym later. 

Nats, looking forward to the ortho appt because the hip/thigh/knee is still troublesome.  I would love to get back to some manner of running (run/walk) but can't right now.

ruthbru, nice to know there is another state where the politics are annoying.  For some reason I am still amazed when I hear of some of the antics of NJ politicians.  I can only label it arrogance.

• SAB
    edited May 2013

Ah Sunday.  A light walk/run for an hour at UC Santa Cruz open space while DD is in tutoring.  Supposed to be nice an cool today.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2013

Finally got the running app to work. Smile  Logged in 2.8 miles, hiked rather than ran as my dog was with me and she's a slow poke, sniffing almost every bush and greeting everybody.  

Hope that everybody is having a good weekend 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2013

hi all, got out for my walk at 9:15 p.m. and walked for an hour in the lovely cool evening.  7.75 km = 4.82 miles for the day.  Then I made choc chip cookies (ostensibly) for DH who got home from work after midnight. And I didn't have any (until this morning when I had two immediately after my healthy breakfast LOL).

Gorgeous today, sunny and 70.  Been contemplating mowing the lawn, a job I haven't done for 3 years since dx.  But I may leave that for hubby for his day off tomorrow.  For sure will get out and walk sometime this afternoon.  Spaghetti & meatballs for supper tonight yum!

• lilacblue
    edited May 2013

Ann thanksSmile, you got it- twas a personal win to ratchet up and never thought I'd do that again with a 20' hip to hip flap.  Cheryl, my gym is vibe cycle nuts with new upgraded cycles  - you would fit right in.Wink Heidi, lucky you to be in Provence! Go Joy! Patoo, well done on the aqua workout and walk. SAB, I'm from California and Santa Cruz is one of my favesCool. Badger, just pulled chocolate cupcakes from the oven, of course not for me!Sealed

Rest day and the weather has been spring sunny warm beautiful.  Had our first barbecue dinner tonight.  This is a bank holiday weekend (3 day weekend) so we will be sleeping in tomorrow too.

Have a lovely Everyone!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2013

Hi everyone...... I couldn't get moving yesterday, so downsized my long ride to 25 miles.  Came back by way of the ice cream place in Maltby, and celebrated Derby Day with a heavenly vanilla ice cream cone with a good dose of Maker's Mark (bourbon) in it.   Mmmmmmm.  This place is so serious they now have their own chickens to ensure top quality ice cream.  Just the most amazing treat.

I slept in this AM, and then did my favorite group ride.  Much faster than last week.  So rest really does help.  I easily kept up with the group, so a sign of progress.

Back to a work day as got behind with my 2-day class last week.  Lots of stuff due tomorrow.

It's hot here in Seattle (temps in the high 70s) and the most glorious spring weather.  A bit sunburned on the back of my waist where I have a gap between top and cycling bottoms.  Lilacs were in full bloom today, with their amazing scent everywhere.

Back to work.......and THINK I am ready for the week ahead. - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

Did Pilates Challenge and worked at school all afternoon. No rest for the wicked!

• patoo
    edited May 2013

Just finished 90 min walk, just 28 steps short of 10,000; my hip is not happy so me and ibuprofen will probably have a meet-up later.  Nothing like a glimpse of yourself, sideways, in the mirror to motivate.  Just a salad with tuna for dinner tonight and water, water, water.

A great snack is made with the Yonana machine (Bed, Bath and Beyond).  You freeze overripe bananas and any berries overnight, then put them through the machine.  It comes out like yogurt.  Amazing snack and it's just frozen fruit, nothing else added.

Now going to sit out on the deck with a book.  Enjoy your evening friends.

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013

My thighs have been hurting and I thinking it's chemo related.  I went to a wedding last night and had a good time dancing, drinking and laughing.  The worst part was that my stupid legs gave out and I collapsed walking to the table...thanks again chemo. 

The weather has been crap so tonight I did get on my stationary bike and went a mile.  Lame!!!  I'm going to start to work my way up - I want to hit 5 miles by the time I am 1/2 way through radiation. I'm still being careful since I am 2 weeks out from my hysterectomy...don't want to mess anything up.

• patoo
    edited May 2013

jenjenl, please take it easy.  You don't want complications from the hx.  I had one 100 years ago; didn't listen and just carried my sister's newborn walking through a mall.  Laid me up for about a month.  Please just treat yourself well and don't rush.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited May 2013

Agree about not rushing.

Patoo, we'll forgive the 28 steps and round it up to 10,000. Congrats!! That Yonana stuff sounds yummy.

I've been resting all weekend in between laundry and chores, so it's time to do something today.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2013

Badger - I'll do your lawn - I used to be a professional mower!  College summers I worked in our local parks department's maintenance unit - pouring concrete, painting equipment, emptying trash cans and cleaning up the picnic areas, and of course mowing, mowing, and more mowing.  It was the first summer they'd ever hired females  - interesting experience!  I loved job - it was great to be outdoors all summer.  And I've actually enjoyed mowing ever since - there's something almost zen about it. 

Got my share of mowing in this weekend.  Like you, Patoo, DH is suffering with allergies horribly this year, so I'm the DM - Designated Mower.  The mower at the cabin gave out last fall, and somehow we haven't gotten around to getting a new one.  We keep an old-fashioned reel push mower there for emergencies, and given the height of the grass, it was emergency!  So Sunday morning I mowed the entire cabin lawn using the reel mower.  Wow - that is an excellent full body workout!!!  Then Sunday afternoon, I mowed the lawn at our house - also at an emergency height.  Fortunately the house mower was a power mower.  There's a big difference between using a reel mower and a real mower!  Tongue Out 

Saturday I treated myself to a full day of Shop N Sculpt.  The Hagerstown Outlets are only about 20 minutes from the cabin, and if you know how to shop you can get bargains at the outlets.  It was fun, and I did find a couple of bargains on Izod shirts and Reebok sneaks. 

Jen, take it easy!  I hate to be the one to break this to you, but YOU ARE DOING CHEMO!!!  Please take care of yourself, just the way you'd take care of a loved one who was doing chemo.  Patoo - that fruit machine sounds interesting - I may have to check that out.  Glad you're going to the doctor soon.  Joy - agree that running with a dog just doesn't work as they have to check every lampost and tree to pick up their "pee mail".  Heidi - Provence - how lovely!!  And everyone else - keep up the good work!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2013

OK Claire, I just have to ask, what is the connection between chickens and ice cream?

Lot's of inside cleaning this weekend, slowly getting ready for the shower and then the wedding.  Did get in one walk and a trip to the gym. Off to the onc this afternoon, so no walk today at lunch.

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013

Natsfan - I finished chemo...yippie :)