Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited May 2013

A nice day here; walked for an hour.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited May 2013

Had a great day with ds and dd. We went to a state park and hiked up and down mountains almost 6 miles. Then came home and walked/ran at the park. What a wonderful day!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2013

hi ladies, hope everyone is having a nice night. 

Ruth, it went from freezing cold (30) to broiling hot (91) here in one day.  Crazy!

Thankfully, it's settled into nicer weather.  11.43 km = 7.1 miles since last post.

Cheryl, LOL at outdoor yoga class.  That was a fantastic experience for me, contemplating the Universe and my place in it.  Wink  This past weekend, I was reading a novel set in Chicago and they were in Grant Park and Millenium Park, and other places we were last summer.  Happy for your friend's success!  It's so gratifying to see hard work pay off.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2013

Pat I'm the exact opposite I belong to 3 gyms, and one of them is just a spin gym but as luck would have it my favorite crazy instructor came back to my 'home' gym only every other Wednesday and I go to her spin gym on Monday I just love spin. LB I totally agree, they tend to think every new release that have to do something more innovative, but I love the old stuff and there is no way I can do a burpee so I just do squats my all time favorite step track is party step Naomi Campbell walk. Ann the nests are usually well hidden or camouflaged, You'll have to start doing recon before the trimming starts. Wonderland your day sounds amazing, I love the mountains. Jen get yourself a new book and start pedaling. Badger I do the same thing at the opening sequence of Mike and Molly, I envision us out on the boat on the lake, ahoy!!!

This morning I did a Sh'bam class and tonight spin ... Paying for multiple gyms, may as well use 'em........

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2013

A wonderful walk yesterday at lunch, and crunches before bed, and some classical stretch this morning.  Off to New Orleans tomorrow for my son's fiances graduation from med school.  I will try to stay away from the beignets, but no promises!  One of the nice things about New Orleans is you wind up walking everywhere, so that will be my weekend exercise.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited May 2013

going to zhumba and pilates today!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2013

Just checking in - I've had LE therapist appointments every morning this week at 7:30 am, so that has cut into my normal morning exercise time.  However, I have been doing chores and yardwork after work, including another Mow N Sculpt session last night.  Geez the grass grows fast this time of year!

Pat - absolutely don't avoid the beignets - what's the fun in going to NO if you don't indulge??  Have fun!  Wonderland - your hike sound great.  Hopefully you got a good view at the top.  Ann - sounds like you have a pretty healthy ecosystem in your yard for all the birds that are nesting there.  Agree that spring is a tough time to prune with all the nests around.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited May 2013

Tried spin for the first time yesterday and found it to be a challenging workout.  Will definitely do it again. Today though, I will be getting some cardio and then trying out the pilates mat class.  I haven't worked on upper body/core for so long -- it's actually a pleasure to feel aches in those new places Smile. Thank you to everyone here, you sure keep me motivated!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited May 2013

i stink at pilates, I am jsut not flexible, and my wrists are rally weak, but its great for strength training and then got my cardio and more strenght training in zhumba with weights. I bet I will feel it tomorrow right now jsut tired

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited May 2013

Wonderland - wonderful, SAB, great and gald you are willing and Carol, I not great a zumba.

Pilates with my tribe in the am and then 5k run at noon and physio in late afternoon.  I'll sleep like a babe tonight.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited May 2013

Nice run this morning - starting to feel pretty normal after this cold/allergies/chest congestion, whatever it was knocked me out for 2+ weeks!

Riding lesson last night. Such fun!!! That's my real fun "workout" of the week.

And now I'm STARVING and trying to figure out what to have for supper.

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013

I have zero motivation today - maybe I will get a second wind and be able to get on the bike for 30 minutes after the kids eat...I would be happy with that (both the bike and if the kids actually ate)

• LynnME
    LynnME Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2013

I started exercising Jan of this year. I go 4 to 5 times a week, with 1.5 miles on a treadmill, 15 minutes on elliptical at increased resistance to really work legs, 150 sit ups, and weight strengthen for my arms. About 1 hour in all. 6 month f/u with MO last friday and I haven't lost a pound. I watch what I eat, small amounts, healthy, water no soda, no alcohol, low fat everything ...I was deeply disappointed but I will keep it up. I feel different and I guess I should be happy with that. Open to any suggestions....

• SAB
    edited May 2013

LynnME, I made some drastic dietary changes after bc (gave up refined foods, sugar, white foods, etc.) but what really helped me the most was tracking everything with an electronic food journal.  There are quite a few...I use MyFitnessPal.com and do not put a bite into my mouth without recording it.  It tracks food, exercise, nutrition.  Very useful, and educational. I also read and reread anticancer, and watched "Forks over knives."  Good luck!

• jenjenl
    edited May 2013

biked for a 1/2 hour and it felt like 12....was NOT feeling it tonight at all!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited May 2013

Lilacblue, your schedule makes me tired..

Luvlulu, glad you are feeling better.

Lynnme, your workout plan sounds alot like mine. Totally agree with keeping a food journal and also recommend switching things up some.

Been really busy this week at work but I have continued my workout regimen of bike/Elliptical Monday Wed & Fridays. Run on the treadmill Ties & Thur. Arm exercises and weights daily. Increased my weights this week...

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

jen, good for you...that's when it really counts, when you do want to exercise, but do it anyway!

Really busy day & then off to the beautican to get my hair back to its 'natural Wink' color (which takes quite a bit of time and money), got home late, had a long phone call from my sister, and finally hit the treadmill for an hour, and did 30 minutes of pilates (we have our end of the year staff party tomorrow night, so I know I won't exercise then).  I spend all day tomorrow talking to 7th graders about Abraham Lincoln, which is really fun. (and which I practiced tonight while walking on the treadmill... kind of hard to glance at notes, talk, walk and breathe all at the same time...extreme multi-tasking!).

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2013

Tonight did half a Body Flow class, then went in to Spin then after that finished went and did the last half hour of Body Pump, no fool like an old fool.

Today is the 5 year anniversary of the day I went for 'that' mammogram and the start of my journey, easy day for me to remember as they had offered me Friday the 13th and I said oh no I'm no superstitious but let's not chance into, huh we all see how that worked out eh. Now at 9.30pm I have to go back to work, my laptop keeps freezing and I have to have a file in someone's inbox at 9am.... No rest for the wicked!!!!

• SAB
    edited May 2013

Odie, are you aiming for heavy lifting?

Friday is a long morning walk with a friend and her dog, then a walk/run with dh in the evening.

• SAB
    edited May 2013

Hey cheryl congrats on 5 years!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2013

Cheryl happy 5 years!

Did my 30 minutes hooping, walked with the spouse around the neighborhood, and earlier in the day I walked around a museum and across the village to lunch with friends.  No yardwork today, I needed a break.  Well I guess I did gather up all the fallen branches and put them in the green bins.  I am really liking using a timer on my exercise sessions.  I can tell I wasn't doing as much before.  Being consistent every day is great for the muscles and for building skills.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited May 2013

Congrats on 5 years, Cheryl!! Tiring just to read about your gym adventures. I may try doing something similar if I go to a Les Mills Super Sunday event here in two weeks. My Body Jam instructor offered to get me tickets. Les Mills Junior will be there presenting GRIT, a new high intensity interval series. 

Did kettlebells at home yesterday. I'm getting so lazy to go to the gym except for dance classes.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited May 2013

Wonderful Cheryl and congrats on 5!  Heidihill, love to know what you think if you attend the LM event.

Freestyle step and body balance this morning. 

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013

Cheryl ~ adding my congratulations!!!

I have been walking, just not posting as much on BCO!  My goal is 2 hours of walking/week and I have met that goal for the past two weeks. I'm not seeing any change on the scale, but my clothes do feel better.  I'm hoping that in a few weeks I will be up for adding some light jogging into the mix.  Gotta get some new shoes first.  I don't want to revisit the planar fascitis I had a few summers ago!

Today I went swimming and it felt a ton better than last Friday ~ my first swim PFC.  Part of the better-ness was my investment in a good speedo racing suit with a fairly high neck and sides that make me feel much more covered with my flat BMX chest.  Nothing like a tight swimsuit to reveal to the world just how gutted out my chest wall is ~ especially in relation to my belly which definitely grew a little rounder with the chemo weight.  I am trying to love my oddly shaped body and being able to swim laps for half an hour makes me feel a little stronger and a little better.

Onwards.....  :)

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

Congratulations, Cheryl!

No exercise for me. Went to the staff end of the school year party as planned. Lots of food, good conversatio, and laughs.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2013

Nicole, nice to see you!  Congrats on making your exercise goal and finding a good swimsuit.

Just did the minimum today-- thirty minutes hooping.  I think I invented some elbow-assist moves.

• jenjenl
    edited May 2013

Took a break last night, I could tell my body really need it and sleep.  Today I will get on the bike for an hour and then get ready for my godson's 1st communion. 

Tomorrow planning on taking the kids for a walk on the greenway early in the day.

Some good news is that my bone scan yesterday came back clean - very relieved.

Have a good weekend.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited May 2013

Cheryl, wanted to add my congrats on five years....

SAB, not aiming for heavy lifting, just trying to tone up the bat wings and thighs.

Did the bike and Elliptical yesterday as well as some weights. Will spend today doing weights lugging groceries.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

Great news, jen!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2013

I am off for a group ride in a few.  Reminder that cycling outside helps with keeping the arms and upper body toned.  Although still need weights to keep the shape I want.

Congrats everyone on keeping it going.

Have been enjoying my weekday runs down by the water.  Just so gorgeous.  Plus sleep like a log later.  I think making a difference in a number of other sublte wasys.  Again outdoors.

The good thing with today's ride is that I should have the afternoon free.  I want to do some reading, hopefully in the sun.  Would be so lovely.  Perhaps watch a film on my Kindle Fire.  I need to do more of these things.

But now some food so I have energy for my ride. - Claire