Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited May 2013

LvLuLu, hope that cough get's kicked in the high grass by your Dr. Badger, the meatloaf was so yummy and I think hubby is now a IG convert and thinks for the recipe - total yummy, Ruty, party till you drop or retire, whatever is first, Odie16  - you are doing good, newyear13, SAB, Wonderland, Patoo, Pat, Ann - thanks for the inspiration!

Pilates and physio today.  No run today as it's bent over bushes (never mind the trees) windy!

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013

nothing today no energy but did the stationary bike for 30 minutes yesterday. 

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited May 2013

Lilacblue, love the phrase bent over bushes windy... Hope you get some sunshine and less wind over the weekend.

Hit the gym today for week 4 day 2 of my Couch25K program plus arm exercises.

Happy Friday my sculpted friends...

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited May 2013

Luv, hope you are doing better.

Did the tea and got the official 'Retirement Clock', came home, walked for an hour, and back to school for a play (one of the actors is in my advisee group and asked me to come). I should do a little toning but don't know if I can drag myself downstair to do so. Friday tomorrow!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2013

Rainy and cold here tonight so went to the track and walked for over an hour.  Needed to work off some work-related frustration, as well as the last of the leftover spaghetti & meatballs. 

They had one of the doors open to the evening air.  At that end of the track it was nice & cool and smelled like rain.  At the other end of the track it was hot & humid and smelled like sweaty guys.  Not altogether unpleasant.  Wink

Logged 9.34 km = 5.8 miles for the day.  TGIF (almost.....)

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2013

Badger, I love your lawn mowing story.

Thirty minutes hooping tonight, plus yoga, plus a one hour hooping class.  I'm getting my energy back after being wiped out for the past couple days.

• bhd1
    bhd1 Member Posts: 173
    edited May 2013

I have been a daily walker gym rat and golfer for yrs, but since taxotere herceptin and perjeta I have fatigue and am not as committed. Sometimes I sleep in and miss the walk . i now skip the hills. I do gentle yoga. Yoga dance, Zumba and Zumba tone. I take a golf cart now and play once or twice s week.

• bhd1
    edited May 2013

Oh yes I tsle a ball balance class which include light wrights

• bhd1
    edited May 2013

Ann is it hula hooping? I cannot do it. Would live to learn. R there any peo in your class who could not do it at first?

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2013

Bhd - Welcome!!  Ann's reports about hooping her got me intrigued by hooping as I'd never been able to hula hoop in my life - not even as a kid.  But recently I saw that there was going to be a hooping demo at our local rec center, so I went.  By the end of the hour, I was successfully hooping.  Not for long and not terribly gracefully, but I was doing it.  I'm about to buy my own hoop so I can get better at it.

Badger - you sound like me as a little girl - I always asked WHY boys got to do fun things and girls had to stay inside and keep their dresses clean.  I HATED those stupid white gloves we had to wear back then, and those scratchy white ankle socks.  I hated clothes shopping with my mom, but I loved going to the hardware store with my dad.  My poor mother - it was a never ending battle trying to turn me into a proper young lady!  Innocent

Beautiful morning today after a few days of rain, so I went out for a short 2 mile run - my first run since the HM.  My joints were a bit achey after the race, so I decided to give them some time off.  It felt great to get back out!!  Had to laugh at one point - I saw a red bellied woodpecker on someone's roof, happily drumming on their stove pipe.  I bet that made a racket inside.  But that red belly was telling the world that he was the biggest baddest woodpecker in the 'hood!

Off to the cabin this weekend for more Cut-Back-the-Overgrown-Vegetation N Sculpt!  (I feel like former President Bush at his Texas ranch when he'd spend all his time "clearing brush".)  We bought our brand new lawnmower last night - a beautiful green cordless electric mower.  Can't wait to take it out for a spin this weekend!  Cool

• lilacblue
    edited May 2013

bhd1, welcome and from one old gym rat to another. Mary, have a sweet weekend at the cabin.

Freestyle step and body balance at the gym earlier and now off to to the village get my hair colored or rather striped.

• newyear13
    newyear13 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2013

May 9th--2 miles fast walk

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited May 2013

Impromptu walk/run with DH last night.  Pretty in the woods at twilight, but lots of bugs!!!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2013

Warning - baseball talk:  Ruth - nice article on Denard Span's mom.  http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130509&content_id=47076938&vkey=news_was&c_id=was

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2013

Meandering walks the past couple of days but an absolutely lovely hour long walk at the dog beach this morning, I usually go on sunday morning but my friend is going home to Australia tonight so we decided to go down today and we lucked upon a beautiful scene, three pods of dolphins just lazily swimming down the coast, there were loads of surfers sitting out on their boards and the dolphins just went right though the center of them it was magical.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

Did an hour of toning. I am tired, tired. Might take a shower and go straight to bed.

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013

1/2 hour on the stationary bike - my OB oncologist said I really shouldn't be exercising yet so I am taking it real slow.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

OMG! We are on page 500! Congratulations to us! Cool

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited May 2013

Did 20 minutes on the bike and 15 minutes on the Elliptical as well as arm exercises.... Ready to hit the bed, I am one tired puppy.

Will do week 4 day 3 of the Couch25K program tomorrow and some yoga or Pilates.

Want to wish all the mommies a wonderful Mother's Day...

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2013

Just got in from my run.  Gorgeous evening along the Puget Sound, and stopped at Elliott Bay Park to take a picture of the gigantic clematis in full bloom.  Most of the roses are out too.  Heavenly scent.

Wow, did I need this run!  Hoping to get in my long ride tomorrow that I couldn't do a week ago.  Lots of work today, and a lot of it frustrating, but made headway on a grant proposal I am working on.  Lots of planning and shaping. 

Did the crunches early AM, but stil need to do weights. 

I am inching closer to the full time slot.  Plus the move.  So lots going on.  Probably won't get in quite as many cycling events this summer, but at this point, my career is more important.  Still need to train for the Seattle-to-Portland as only 2 months hence. - Claire

• badger
    edited May 2013

hi all and welcome barb.  I'm on the mellower side of the exercise continuum.

Cheryl, thanks for the lovely mental picture of dolphins, surfers & sunshine.

Another chilly day here so headed to the indoor track and walked for an hour. 

Logged 9.11 km = 5.66 miles for the day.  Page 500 ~ wow!  Cool 

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2013

Hi bhd1, yes I'm hula hooping.  I have gone to classes but mostly learn from YouTube and just practicing.  If you can't keep a hoop going, you need to try a bigger heavier hoop.  I saw some people at my beginner class who came in unable to hoop, but they got it pretty quickly with a big hoop and instruction.  I don't really remember if I could hula hoop as a kid or not.

About 40 minutes of hooping today plus a walk.  It's day 10 of the 30 day challenge.  I'm having to speed it up to get a workout, which is fun.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited May 2013

Jenjen, did you have open surgery for the ooph or laparoscopic? I had a full hyster with robot surgery, and my surgeon cleared me for exercise after a week. He just said to be careful the first few weeks and stop if I felt too tired or had any pain.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2013

Got in a 2 mile trail run before the rain started.  My new running app is very motivating as it told me I set a new personal best record of 2 runs so far! heehee   Laughing

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!  

• lilacblue
    edited May 2013

Love it Joy!

I ran 5k this afternoon in a fresh cool,  spring drizzle on my last third.  Roasted duck legs for din-din and new Dr. Who on telly tonight.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2013

I did the long ride I planned last Saturday, but bagged because I was beat.  So 60 miles, and I could have done more.  I didn't do a metric century which was today, as just don't have the time for travel and recovery it would have taken.  This was just perfect.

LilacBlue.....duck legs are delish.  I braise with a bit of dry vermouth, shallots, and rosemary.  Simple and delish.  Sometimes, I serve with lentils.

Dinner is made.  Last night, I wanted something a bit different so made up a batch of Leftovers Ragu Bolognese.  Leftover broccoli rabe (rest of what I bought fresh a week ago), leftover sausage, leftover uncooked pasta, leftover pasta sauce.  I added in some of the elk meat I got a couple of months ago and need to start using.  The other ingredients were frozen peppers, garlic, a spot of truffle oil, and cream.  It was delish, and I have at least one more meal.  So no cooking.

Off to the shower as I can tell by the sniff test how my body kept cool today.  Just the most gorgeous spring day.

I can tell I did something..... - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

Did Pilates Challenge DVD & about 40 minutes of toning.

Happy Mothers Day to all moms, aunts, teachers, and mentors of young people!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2013

This morning I did a Body Combat class, a couple of days away from the gym and I really 'felt' it. I asked our instructor after class if she was pregnant and she said yes, it's funny she asked me how I knew, well her body is changing shape but the biggest giveaway was she hasn't colored her hair..... That makes two instructors who are pregnant, I sure am not going to drink the water there!!!!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited May 2013

Trail walk/run.  Whew.

• badger
    edited May 2013

Been cleaning out dresser drawers, getting winter clother ready to be put away.  Still too cold for summer clothes but it's fun to unpack them.  Super windy most of the day but it calmed down right around sunset so I got out for a really nice evening walk.  Logged 7.35 km = 4.57 miles for the day.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  ♥