Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited June 2013

One more baseball note: you may be in luck, Mary, because the Twins have lost the last two games....leaving many stranded runners....including bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth with no outs.....the next three batters struck out!! Yell

Off for a walk....

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

quick note: the lilacs are blooming (several weeks behind schedule) so grabbed my camera and took pictures while I walked. Did a little arms & abs....now going out to dinner with some friends and will no doubt undo all my goodness!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2013

Just a long and gentle (and enjoyable) walk with my friend.  

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2013

finally, a perfect Spring day!  Was all caught up on work so went for a nice long walk on State Street (pedestrian mall in the heart of downtown Madison) over the lunch hour.  Spent the rest of the afternoon purging binders & files.  No room for paper copies of stuff that's on the web.  No need for documents from 2003.  Next few Friday afternoons will do same for electronic files.

Logged 10.11 km = 6.28 miles for the day.  Happy weekend everyone!  ♥

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2013

Did 20 minutes each on the Elliptical and bike tonight plus weights.

Happy weekend everyone.....

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited June 2013

I did 2 miles of walking to a hair trim then on to Pike Place Market for some vegetables (chard and arugula).  THEN, I went out for a 5k run.  Being on a roll, I am doing the 65 mile course of Flying Wheels tomorrow. 

I am thrilled because my clothes appear to be getting BIGGER in the wash Innocent

But seriously, I think I will finally get rid of that final 7-8 pounds this summer.  I have been trying on my "thin" clothes.  Things are starting to look good.

Bacon blue cheeseburger for dinner.  With the aforementioned chard and other good things.

Still have my free weights to do as need to stay sculpted too. - Claire

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2013

Sculpting for me tonight, did Body Pump class.  Ruth my gardenia bushes are in full bloom every day I'm cutting and filling grocery bags and giving  them away, people are starting to run from me but I hate it when there are so many that on a sunday I just stand there and pull all the dying blooms and throw them in the bin.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited June 2013

Go badger, purge that old junk!  Mary, congratulations on your hooping.  Cheryl, wish I could trade you some grapes for gardenias.  I must have a hundred bunches ripening.

Did my 30 minutes hooping.

• badger
    edited June 2013

Ann, maybe you could have a grape stomp and make your own wine?  Cool

Glorious day, got out and walked a little over an hour.  7.6 km = 4.72 mi.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Last Saturday. Looks like fun, huh?! Undecided

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Don't want you to think that North Dakota weather is always that bad. Here's what it looked like on my walk yesterday. Go out my door and in a couple minutes, I am walking here:

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

here:

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

and here:

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2013

Ruth what a difference a week makes, looks like a beautiful place for a walk and seeing as though it appears you've got the hang of the photography thing I nominate you as chief photographer for the DC get together :) Ann I'd love to take you up on that offer, or I could join you on the grape stomp!!!!

This morning I did my Body Combat class.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Walked again today.

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited June 2013

Spent the day from 8:30 am till 3:00 pm, planting 100 + plants trees and bushes at my sons house. Does this count? No time to do my 3 miles walk. :(

• SAB
    edited June 2013

Ruth, beautiful!

artsee, that sounds like a good workout to say the least.

I swam for an hour, but I'm only counting 40 minutes--the other 20 minutes is for me gasping for air.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2013

Changed things up a bit today and did 20 minutes of Pilates and a short Yoga practice.

Ruth, your walking path is beautiful.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited June 2013

Ruth you look great in your race picture!  But you all do look cold.  Love your week later pic.

Artsee, that sounds like a major workout especially if you had to dig holes for those plants.

Ha, if only I made wine!  It would be a great year for it.

Once again, did my 30 minutes of hooping.  Also a bit of paint scraping and prepping.  Then there was some cookie making.   I'm trying to use up some Fiber One cereal left over from chemo days, and lo and behold there was a chocolate cookie recipe on the box.  They're really not that good but it didn't stop me from eating a few.  :-)

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited June 2013

I am now trying to teach myself some yoga to strengthen my spine. Had a dexa this week, and spine is at -2.3 :( I am very annoyed.

These are the exercises I plan to add to my routine:

http://sciatica.org/yoga/12poses.html

• badger
    edited June 2013

Momine, thanks for the link, very informative!  Like that they give adaptations to poses for people with issues with bones (like you) or balance (like me).  Also lots of pics.  Namaste!  ♥

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

OK girls, I just re-resigned up for www.loseit.com

I have been eating too much, then being good a couple days, then eating too much.....need the accountability.....plus loseit 'lets' you eat more calories if you have burned them off

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited June 2013

Ruth....but glad you properly celebrated this milestone.  Agree though that you can't celebrate in quite the same way forever!!!

Pictures of lilacs are stunning.  Scent is even more marvelous.

I just had another testament to exercise.....pictures from the Alumni Banquet, table of my HS class.  I can tell that this crowd doesn't regularly participate in cycling events.  Even the guys who could stand to lose some weight at Flying Wheels yesterday looked a lot different than this crowd does.

Speaking of Flying Wheels, did the 65 mile route as planned.  Walked the real bruiser hills, but made it about three that I have walked in the past.  So an indication of progress.  I was tired at the end, but could have done more.  So am ready for the Seattle-to-Portland.  I can feel too that Flying Wheels made me stronger.

I chatted with someone at the Obliteride table.  This is an event in about 2 months to raise money for cancer research at Fred Hutchinson.  She is 8 years out, and has been in a study following up patients to learn how to manage the post treatment journey.  It's called the Survivorship Study, and she urged me to sign on.  I thought interesting as one of the areas I found lacking when I was finishing up active treatment.  Everything you would want to know about maladies, but not on the best path forward.

I don't know yet about Obliteride.  I would have to raise money, whichI could do.  But it's also a sucky route.  And I may need to go to NYC about that time if a study I have bid on comes through.

A lot of this work is being sponsored by Livestrong, which I also found interesting.

I think I will do something easy and FUN today.....thinking time for the Three Rose Gardens ride.  Will post pix if I get there.  The roses are just amazing this year.  There will be a "refreshments" stop at Honore Bakery for chocolate-lavender macaroons.  Much tastier than energy gel and PB&J. - Claire

• Chilly1nPhilly
    Chilly1nPhilly Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2013

Hi Everybody, I just was catching up with things, my PS says I have to lose 10 lbs before he will do any revisions. Also he told me to do crunches etc. I'm having a self-discipline problem with that. But I do walk a lot, and garden a lot, and don't do too much sitting around.

Reading all your stories is motivating.

Ruth, I have been using LoseIt for nearly 4 years, and 40 lbs have come off. It is great. You can track your blood sugar, your waist size, and more. Best of all, it's free.

OK off to do my crunches ..

• SAB
    edited June 2013

Momine, great link thank you! I really appreciated all of the adaptations in the article, they will help.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2013

Ran the Nick Adenhart 5k yesterday. Very touching - his mom was there to present the Foundation's check to this year's youth baseball beneficiary. More than a few tears.

Typing this on my phone at Nats Park. Round 1 to your Twins last night Ruth. We'll take our revenge today (she says hopefully). It's Pups at the Park Day todAy - all kinds of cute dogs here!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited June 2013

Great photos Ruth and thanks all for the links!

Ran 5k today best time yet: 37:37

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited June 2013

Badger and SAB, most welcome! I have already done the first "tree" pose here and there for a while. Even my infrequent use of it has improved my balance some. My energy doesn't mesh well with yoga, but this does seem like a good program.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited June 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XymEXUVfaeg

Jumping is good if your knees can stand it.

I think I'll have DD jump from a box as well as this has been shown to improve bone density of girls.

My exercise was bailing a boat filled with rainwater. From the dock, 30 repetitions each side.

• badger
    edited June 2013

welcome Chilly1nPhilly and welcome back artsee.  Yes, Garden & Sculpt is exercise!

DH is working today so I was inspired to put on my Sculpted Sisters t-shirt and do an hour of yoga.  Started with Rodney Yee's AM Yoga DVD and hoo-boy am I tight.  Felt so good though! 

Cooked up a storm today.  Made kale with chickpeas & tomatoes, great to pack for a light lunch.  Also put together a lovely fresh fruit salad for me, and choc chip cookie dough for hubby.  Swiss pot roast in the oven for supper.  Life is good!  ♥