Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2013

Mary sorry you've been down, as you can imagine Nick Adenharts death was big news here, two of his friends were also killed in the accident, wHat a nice way to honor his memory.

Went to Body Pump and Sh'bam this morning and then tonight did a Body Combat class, was very conflicted as my fave spin instructor was teaching at the same time but Combat won tonight, now getting ready to undo all the good as I'm heading out to dinner with my girl.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited May 2013

Hello All. No resting on my laurels yet. I agreed to help with paperwork/scheduling/meetings etc. etc. for a student who will be new to the school next year. Has lots of needs & I am glad to help get things off on the right foot....but of course, that means I won't get my own wrap up stuff done for awhile. Boo Hoo!

Did some toning & treadmill & went to my Book Club (chocolate mousse for dessert).

I am going to do a 5K Saturday (walking). It is another good cause, 100% of the money raised goes to a local women's health group which provides free mammograms & pap smears to low income women. It is supposed to be cold and rainy....which will take some of the fun out of it....summer is having a hard time showing up here this year.

• echrisch
    echrisch Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013

Hi all. Ran 2.65 miles outdoors on the one sunny day we are likely to have for awhile.

Something I have been wondering about - does anyone have a sort of gurgling or squeaking sensation in their reconstructed breast when jogging? Usually happens around 1 mile and goes away if I put my hand underneath - but sorta conspicuous to run that way!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2013

I am committed to do Cycle the Wave each year.  Raises money to combat domestic violence agains women.  Had a couple of experiences recently where the guy (macho man "protector") couldn't stand someone independent.  These poor women never get a chance at life.

I got out and did a run today, so hurting all around.  Still stiff from all the weekend cycling.

Ruth....good for you for helping out.  This will be remembered.  You will be a lady of leisure soon enough.  Somehow, I don't quite believe this.  Could do with a spot of chocolate mousse about now.  (Dinner was overly-healthy.)

Off for an early night.  Have much to do in the AM.  - Claire

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited May 2013

I did a Cheryl yesterday..three classes back to back - body step, hi/low dance aerobics and finishing with body balance.Tongue Out  I've got a 14 year old home on term break with a snorting horrible cold xboxing and dh working from home too, so I had an incentive to stay at the gym and keep going. Wink

Today, 5k run in the drizzle (yes Joy, the weather sucks big time and summer in the UK looks to be rather wet once again-arrgh!) and physio at noon.

I'm running a 5k (June 16th) - Race for Life along the Folkestone  cliffs (next to Dover) that benefits Cancer Research UK

I put up my giving/sponsoring page last Saturday and have so far raised £340!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2013

Got in a brief trail hike/run this morning before the rain started again.  

ruth  You have a good heart to help with paperwork and scheduling of a new student.  Mary  Lovely cause for a life lost too soon.  

echrisch  My implants sloshed a bit too when running - it hasn't happened to me in awhile though.  There was a conversation on BCO specifically about this awhile ago with an avid runner - she thought that it happened when the body warmed up enough to create this sensation.  Maybe increased body heat changes the viscosity of the implant?  I never checked with my doctor, but it might be a good idea to ask about it.  

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited May 2013

Supposed to head into the 90's today!  Woohoo! Summer must be here. 

Did my usual 8 mile run this morning.  Then food shopping / shower now headed to work.  Tonight's my favorite:  Cut & Color!!

OH did I mention last week I had my mammogram, results were perfect!! Nothing suspicious!  YAY!  Funny, they did both breasts, I was a little nervous about that but the technologist was great.  Although she asked me 3 times if I had an implant (NO, it's a tram!) and then she apologized because she was amazed how great it looked!  And I said, well, I had a great team working on me!

Seize the day, all!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited May 2013

Good morning everyone.  I squeezed an hour of treadmill in this morning.  

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited May 2013

I did a half Cheryl: Body Pump (first time) and CxWorks (first time getting through the whole 20 minutes) back to back.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2013

Getting some walks in at lunchtime, and did a little classical stretch in the mornings - need to do more, as I have grown quite stiff, with a little LE in my arm, and a tweaky creaky back. Been working longer hours trying to build up some extra time for "the wedding" - 23 days and counting, and so much to do between now and then.  Another good reason to keep exercising, keeps the stress at bay.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited May 2013

Pushed mowed this morning for an hour then walked/ran this afternoon. Dh is trying to get the riding mower working again. If he can't, I may be helping him push mow the back yard.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2013

You and me, Wonderland - just came in from mowing the lawn in 90 degree heat.  That'll work up a sweat!! And to think we were in sweaters and jackets just last weekend - crazy weather!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited May 2013

Ran two miles, weights and did some circuit training.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2013

NatsFan, I'm excited about your new hoop.  I love the sparkly ones although I'm using a plain white one lately.  LuvLuLu, congratulations on your clear mammo, and that was a nice unintentional compliment from the tech.

My slump was short-lived.  I finished my 30-day 30 minutes a day hooping challenge today.  I added more jumps to my routine to get myself winded again.  Going to class tonight hoping to learn a couple new moves.

Well I got layoff notice today.  Not a surprise really-- it would have happened earlier had I not been on disability leave.  I was lucky to have good health care & disability coverage when BC hit.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2013

hi all, got up early this morning and got in 30 min walk.  Also got away from my desk at lunch and walked, ahead of the afternoon storms, but stayed away from the state Capitol.  Budget committee meetings draw all sorts of unsavory characters, from lobbyists to legislators to protesters, and I don't want to mingle.  Wink  11.08 km = 6.89 mi for the day.

Ann, sorry about the layoff notice, even if it's not a surprise it's a shock.

jessica749, welcome and thanks for the interesting article.

LuvLuLu, congrats on good mammo.  Your anecdote made me smile. 

LB, I had to google £340 and was impressed, you've raised over $500!

Mary, thanks for sharing that beautiful story about the 5k fundraiser.

LOL at dubbing 3 back-to-back classes a Cheryl and 1.5 classes a half-Cheryl. Laughing

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

Did not get time to exercise today (really, I didn't!). Worked at school from 8:00-1:00. Met some friends for a matinee at 1:30, and then went to the State High School Baseball State Tournament, which is being hosted by our town. Watched some fun games (and a sad one where our team lost 5-0), and didn't get home until 10 pm.

I am just watching the news, and for the last day, an area elementary school went for the Guiness World Record for the most people hula hooping at once.....which is 730....soemthing for you hoopers to aspire too Smile

• hbcheryl
    edited May 2013

Finally famous for somethingCool  Heidi CX came out of my very first Les Mills class which was Body Vive, you know the program they came up with for us old ladiesTongue Out, there was a ball that you used for half the class and then bands for half the class and then all of a sudden there was CX and the bands, whew you'll feel it tomorrow.

Ann I'm sorry you got the notice, even if you're expecting it, it's still hard. 

LB the girl I take Body Pump/Sh'bam and Body Jam from is coming to London next week to present in the Les Mills quarterly, if any of the instructors from your gym are going her name is Jericho and she is one of the sweetest, nicest girls you could ever meet, great job on the fundraising. 

Lulu congratulations on the clear mammo.

Tonight I did half a Body Flow class, it was bad enough doing what she called Hindi squat, when she got to Bird pose I just rolled up my mat and headed next door for insane SpinSealed

• luvlulu
    edited May 2013

Did 20 minutes HIIT on the treadmill, followed by legs. Now I'll spend 8 hrs. sitting at my desk. I'll have to go out for a couple of 10 minute walks.

90's here!  Last week was like March, now it's July!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2013

Ann.....have been on both sides of a downsizing and no fun either way.  In my case, I used cycling events as a coping mechanism.  I had to feel like I was winning at something.  So a positive change in my life that way.

Because of the downsizing, I have had a much more interesting and varied life than I would have had otherwise.  True, I have to work longer, but that is fine as I get to do a host of things that I never would have been exposed to otherwise.  And it kept me fresh.  I don't think I would have ever moved to Seattle otherwise.

But it is a nasty shock and hopefully you got severance.  That makes a difference.

I need to get to work.  Wow, have I been busy, but I also have ramped up the exercise.  So another run last night.  This prior to two more hours of work.  I need to prepare for a meeting later today.  I think I need to screw off later as past immediate due dates.

Anyway Ann, I don't know what you do, but I took being downsized as an opportunity to do new things with my career.  But if I were to do things over, I would have taken some time off and not gone immediately into outplacement.  However, I was still married then and sitting at home wasn't going to do it either.

See all of you sculpted ladies later! - Claire

• SAB
    edited May 2013

Good luck to you Ann, with whatever you decide to do now.

Lulu applause for your clean mammo!

Arrived at my walking date very early today, so ran 4 miles, then met my buddy and walked 4 more. It will work out well...it's DD's 17th bday and there will be chocolate cake.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited May 2013

Sab, I like the advance planning.....guilt free cake coming up.  enjoy the BD party

Ann, good luck, that's hard to go thru but could lead to great things. 

Lulu, I just got a clean mammo too...don't ya just love'em?

Did 10 minutes on eliptical trainer, 12 minutes on stationary bike and 3 hours house painting...... going to rest on my laurels the rest of the day, with perhaps some strength training thrown in.

• SAB
    edited May 2013

Sew, Congrats on the mammo!  I always feel that each one is a little victory. 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited May 2013

Ann: Sorry about your lay off notice. I was laid off last July and it bites.

LuLu and Sew: Great news about your mammos!

Cheryl: At first I misread your last post. I thought you rolled out the door. Now that would have been a sight!

I walked this evening. Decided not to include running.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Lulu Smile....and many more!

Ann Frown....what a hassle, but hope that something really good comes out of it.

Worked all day (DH & a friend have a bet on when I will actually get out of there....), then did the treadmill & an hour of toning.

Rainy, cold, with flash flood warnings going on here. Thinking of all the people in the path of really bad weather.

I actually CAN envision Cheryl rolling right out the door Laughing.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited June 2013

Took a walk and did 17 minutes of hooping today.  

Thanks for all the comments about my layoff.  I went in and said my goodbyes today.  I did get severance, not huge but much appreciated.  Time for a job hunt.  It seems like my colleagues are finding jobs pretty quickly, although some have had to relocate.  

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited June 2013

Ann, I'm confident another door will open soon for you and for now, your hooping and walking has kept pace.

Cheryl,  my gym is going through an upheaval and not sure what is going to happen.  Les Mills is taking over the gym world by storm!  By the way, bird pose is vhard, yet a block as a perch makes it easier for me.Wink

Yesterday  freestyle step and body balance today, 5k run.

Thanks for the kudos on the sponsored donations for RFL/Cancer Research UK. The up coming 5k is a women's only run and I'm lookng forward to it!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2013

hi ladies, been getting up early for walks, yesterday at 4:30 a.m. and today at 5:00.

Love this time of day, town is so quiet then the birds announce the imminent dawn.

4.1 k yesterday and 4.4 k this morning = 8.5 km = 5.28 miles.  Happy June!  ♥

• luvlulu
    edited June 2013

Sew, I'm happy to hear. Great feeling!

Badger, that's the best time of day. The world is just starting to wake up.

Rest day today - although I did vacuum and sculpt. And now I'm off to use my Mother's Day gift card and get a mani/pedi.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2013

Hour of pilates reformer, lots of balance work.  Got in a good sweat and I needed it to work off last night's consumption at the Belgian Beer Festival.  Tongue Out

LuLu  Yay - great news on the mammo! Enjoy your mani/pedi.  Ann  sorry to hear of the layoff, hoping that something better is in store for you.  

Can't believe it's June 1st already!  

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2013

Today was the grand opening of my gym, yes it was taken over in March but they have been painted and added new spin bikes and treadmills and all kinds of equipment, so big big celebration this morning, face painting for kids, food and drink and they did "taste" classes, essentially broke classes down to 1/2 hour each except for spin which stayed at an hour.  So I did Combat, then I had a fitness assessment in which I did 28 push ups (on my knees) in 30 seconds, 28 squats in 30 seconds and 29 sit ups in 30 seconds then went to a Boot Camp but half way through it a massage chair became available so I jumped on it had a 10 minute back massage then back to boot campSealed then did spin and finally a Barre class, there were photographers everywhere and now OMG there are pictures all over facebook, I look like one of the elephants in Fantasia on that Barre, oh wellFrown