Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2013

20 minutes each on the bike and Elliptical yesterday with some weight training.

Ran 3 miles on the treadmill tonight plus weights. Have also been adding sit ups on the balance ball for the past few days. Trying to change things up a bit or increase intensity...

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2013

Body Step class tonight, my knees are saying ow ow ow

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited June 2013

Ruth, enjoy your new sofa.  A nice sofa is so important!

Did my usual 30 minutes of hooping.  And baked a pan of brownies.  Interesting idea about teaching hooping.  Someone in my class was looking for someone to help teach a children's class.  I don't think I'm skilled enough to teach beyond beginner level though.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited June 2013

Freestyle step this morning and went flying on my bum when I missed a turn with tired feet.

• echrisch
    echrisch Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013

joyh - Thanks for the info.  It is reassuring when others experience the same odd little symptoms.  I have mentioned it to my doctor/nurse and they just smile and say "Hmmm".  I'm glad to have BCO!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2013

Lilac - Ow!  Be careful!  Odie - I love my balance ball - I have a DVD of a core workout that came with the ball and it's surprising how it works the core.  Ann - a children's class would be a perfect way to start teaching hooping!

An hour of Garden N Sculpt last night.  30 minute DVD of the core balance ball workout this morning plus Lebeds.  I've also been working on hooping - I've had such trouble keeping the hoop going for more that a minute or so.  I've been working on it off and on, and tried again this morning and suddenly something must have clicked.  I waist hooped for 10 minutes straight!  I would have kept going but I had to get ready for work.  Ann - you'd be so proud of me!! Cool

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited June 2013

Ruth, you are truly an inspiration with the way you exercise even if you are tired.  Your idea of tracking exercise is a good one - BUT - writing things done doesn't appear to motivate me.  For example, I've been trying to lose weight since Christmas, and I track it every week, and I am only down 1.5 lbs total, losing and gaining the same 5 lbs over and over again.  Did manage crunches and arms last night, had a walk at lunch yesterday and hope for another today, and I did a bit of classical stretch this morning, but my back was aching so I stopped.  And now as I sit here writing this I'm eating a cookie!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2013

Pat and Ruth have you guys tried one of the free apps for your phone or computer?  that makes tracking stuff easy and quick and generates all kind of useful reports.

Yesterday was a bust, the day got away from me.  Today I did spin and an especially lovely yoga class.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited June 2013

I have done tracking on my computer and it is really good, but I am too lazy to keep at it.....easier to use the old notebook.

Bought a DVD at Walmart called "Tighten & Tone Pilates" with a toning band included. OMG, it was hard!! You had to be a little more graceful and balanced than me to be able to do the moves well. I muddled through it but was really glad that I was alone and that I didn't have a mirror!!!!!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2013

Just got in from one hour of push mowing. Dh is finishing the backyard with our broken riding mower. Some times it works, some times it doesn't. He'll have to finish it with the push mower. We're trying to get the yard finished in time for the tropical storm that's coming up from Florida.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Good Grief, what is with the weather this year?!

• odie16
    edited June 2013

Lilacblue, hope you didn't hurt yourself. If you are anything like me, the embarrassment was the worst of it all. (Can't tell I have done it before...lol)

Mary, way to go on the hooping. Been thinking of trying it myself but it has been many moons so I bet I would look ridiculous..

Hit the gym today for some Elliptical and biking. Increased my intensity and did free weights too... Now off to soak my tired self in some bubbles.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2013

hi all and welcome shinning, I also enjoy a nice morning walk.  Sets a good tone for the day.

Went to the Sunday matinee of "Now You See Me" which I enjoyed.  Then walked for an hour which I enjoyed even more.  Also got out Mon & Tues a.m. before work.  Logged 18.75 km = 11.65 mi since last post.

Need to get back to yoga practice.  Ironically, it went by the wayside when I needed it most, during the BS at work with the SICO lying sack evil pointy-haired boss.  You know, I believe I was suffering a bout of mild depression.  I was PO'd, angry & betrayed, and not in a place to ride the wave of gratitude that floods me when I practice.  But now that it's (almost) over at work, I'm feeling optimistic again.  Namaste!  ♥

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2013

(((Badger)))

Love your description. Sounds perfect for the SICO.

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2013

Oh Pat I get it, every day I swear I'm gonna try and not eat sweets but after dinner I have my cup of tea, I just simply HAVE to have something sweet with it, it's a ritual, it's a habit and it's my downfall oh and today my co-worker produced a bag of Fritos at lunch, I don't buy them because I can't just eat a few I have to devour the entire bag and I didEmbarassed 

Lilac I think Step is the most dangerous of all classes and for that reason I now do speed step on the ground, I've tipped and toppled once too often and I'm too old to "hit the floor".

Ruth be thankful there aren't pictures of you all over facebook on tippy toes at the ballet bar Frown

Tonight I did spin, my favourite crazy instructor is back and I left that room with my face the same color as my bright pink shirt (I know this as someone commented - hey your face is the same color as your shirt)

• _Ann_
    edited June 2013

Badger, work stress is the pits.  I hope things let up.  Mary, that's how it goes with me for learning new hooping styles, I count how many rotations I can do before dropping it, then eventually it clicks and I can keep going forever.  Sometimes I'll have it and lose it!  Waist and hip hooping were relatively quick.  Shoulder/chest hooping took forever, then leg hooping took forever, now doing those in reverse direction is taking almost as long as learning them in the "easy" direction took.  Plus I'm trying to learn kick start, where you bring it up from the ground with your feet.  The good thing is, eventually you do get it.

Took a long beach walk with a friend today plus my 30 minutes of hooping.  And ate more brownies :-)

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2013

I've been super lazy lately - weather has not been great + busy end of school year activites = no exercise.  Yell   I'm craving a hard workout where I'm left huffing and puffing and sweaty - so regardless of weather I'm headed out for a trail run.  It may rain but oh well.  

Why is it so hard to lose weight after menopause?  I used to skip dessert a few nights, add a workout and drop a few pounds quickly.  No longer - seems that extra weight goes along with aging.  ughhh     

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited June 2013

LilacBlue, I tried Body Step last Sunday at the Les Mills event. My friend and I left mid-way. I was getting tired just concentrating on where that Step was while watching the instructors. I remember not liking it for that reason in the 80s.

I got to have a picture taken with Les Mills, Jr. But maybe he's not as hot as Eduardo. Wink OK, there were lots of other people and I was behind him (in reversed baseball cap), so out of view.

But here I am doing Body Jam by the last S in SAFS.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

You might have been tired, but you look great (as does Les Laughing)!!

• NatsFan
    edited June 2013

Heidi - great pix!  Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Nats Walk last night.  The choir that did the National Anthem was really good.  That was the high point of the evening - it went straight downhill from there as they lost 10-1.  The Nats have been disappointing this year to say the least - lots of injuries to key players.  Maybe we can pick it up against our next foe this weekend - the Minnesota Twins (nee the Washington Senators).  We have tix for Sunday - what's your team look like this year, Ruth? 

Too tired to get up early to run, but will try to get some exercise in tonight after work.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited June 2013

Heidi, Fab photos, you look fit & marvelous and Les Mills is taking over the gym world.  Thanks so much for sharing! Joy, I was thinking the same thing the other day, it used to be a breeze and now, well, I'm sticking with the 6 week Badger drop. I'm in surgery July 31st. for stage 2b revision and I want to see if I can get this diep left breast to reduce - how low do I have to be in order for it to be affected and the hip revision I had last time is not great and I want to see if that shifts as well.  Badger, you are doing good and namaste beauty.Kiss  Ruth, my kid is in school till July 24thTongue Out

Pink ribbon pilates this morning and then 5k run before lunch. 

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

(warning: baseball post)

Mary, the Twins are sporatic. They will go on a 9 game winning streak, then they will go on a 9 game losing streak....I don't know if they are quite at 500 or not.....it could go either way for your guys.....

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2013

Managed to squeeze in some treadmill this morning. Better than nuthin'!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Finally a nice day, walked for an hour.

• odie16
    edited June 2013

Ran a few miles after work tonight and did weights.

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2013

Heidi fabulous pictures, I'm so glad you went there is such great energy at those events, two of the people I take classes from are presenting at the Les Mills quarterly in London this weekend - Jericho and Josef, they are amazing I love me my Les Mills classes.  Mary, pretty sad when the best thing about a baseball game is the choir.

Another night of spin for me, with crazy spin instructor #2Tongue Out

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2013

walked at noon - a bit chilly but I HAD to get my nose away from the grindstone!

Logged 7.44 km = 4.62 mi for the day.

Heidihill, thanks for sharing, you look great!  I'd have trouble with the step, too. 

3 weeks into the 6-in-6 challenge and I'm down 3 so right on track.  SurprisedSmile

Mary & Ruth, I feel your pain and then some.  The Brewers stink this year!

• _Ann_
    edited June 2013

Great pictures, Heidi!  Joy, I hear you, it's frustrating when the same things that used to work for weight maintenance don't work any more.

Another 30 minutes hooping and a walk with the hubby.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2013

Feeling yesterday's run, it rained on the trail headed back home but I didn't mind.  

We are in for more rain this weekend, just what we need as the Danube is having the worst flooding on record.  I wish that I could understand Hungarian news to find out details of what is happening, the English publications here aren't giving much information.  

badger  Good for you on the 3-in-3 so far!  I am stuck at a certain weight and am not budging from there.  Thinking about cutting carbs and focusing on protein for a couple of days to see what happens.   heidi   Great pics, looked like fun!  

Off to a short story awards ceremony tonight for DD - then dinner at a bistro.  

• NatsFan
    edited June 2013

Warning - more baseball talk - Ruth - the Nats aren't even streaky.  They're just plain mediocre.  This was the team that was everyone's pick to win the WS, so it's especially disappointing.  We've had injuries to several key players, but every team has that.  We have tix for Sunday afternoon's game against your Twins - Andrea should have moved out by then and it should be a nice day. 

30 minute run this morning, plus another 10 minutes of hooping.  I'm starting to get the hang of that thing, I think!Tongue Out  We're off to the cabin tonight and have the Nick Adenhart 5K tomorrow morning.  I'm really looking forward to that. Have a great weekend, everyone!