Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited June 2013

Pretty picture, Heidi. Although I don't know if the bailing part sounds like so much fun......The FIRM DVDs, especially, have many of the bone building exercises mentioned in your video. And, don't forget, a serving of prunes daily will also help to build the bones.

Welcome, Chilly!

Mary's team did get revenge this afternoon. I quit watching after the Nats went ahead 7-0. Cry  We will see what happens tonight (a split double header).

Total Body Makeover for me and Denise Austin

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Update: the Nats beat the Twins in the nightcap, so Mary is one up on me....

and.... I went over my calories on loseit, so had to get on the treadmill to wear them off again. Is there anything tasty one can eat that totals 33 calories????? Undecided

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2013

a cup of air popped popcorn comes close

• SAB
    edited June 2013

ruth, I literally put a few kernals in the bottom of a brown paper bag and put it in the microwave.  No fat, nothing.  I was so surprised when it worked!  If I have extra calories I use the misto to spray a super light coating of olive oil over it and salt.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

I'm eating a bowl of lower sugar oatmeal, so will be 87 calories over.....at least it was healthy calories, right?

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited June 2013

Ruth, you can make oatmeal from just plain oats too.

Otherwise, raw cucumber has almost no calories, and is really nice cold with a little salt.

I wonder why prunes help the bones, although I don't think I could bring myself to eat them. There is also the problem that they are full of sugar (still working on lowering my A1c).

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited June 2013

Body step was cancelled, so just pilates today for me.

Heidi, love the water, canoe and red bucket!  At least you have sunshine..you crack me up.Laughing

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2013

Warning - baseball talk:  Ruth - So the new Nationals took the series from the old Senators.  You made it interesting in that 2nd game, that's for sure.  We have a lot of shared baseball history - Harmon Killebrew is one of the honorees on our "Ring of Fame" at the ballpark.   I was thinking of your dad at the ballpark yesterday - you could have shown him the first game just fine, but not either of yesterday's. That was such a wonderful thing for you to do for him - I bet you have some good shared memories from that.

Baseball talk over:  Great pix, Ruth.  Good to see you finally rid of winter!!  Heidi - LOL at your drowned boat.  Bailing is hard work - I bet you were sore after that one.  SAB - I'll have to try that popcorn-in-the-paper-bag trick. 

30 minutes yoga DVD this morning, plus a few minutes of hooping. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited June 2013

A weekend of clean and sculpt, getting ready for wedding week.  Cleaning like I never have before :)  I know that no one will be looking at the top edges of my doors, but they are now grime free.  Spent most of saturday morning dragging a chair around cleaning all the up high things, washing cabinet doors, dust bunnies, etc.  I am pretty short, and an advantage of all this chair work was I refound lots of things I have been missing on the top shelves of the cabinets (like the sugar bowl, gravy boat, etc.)  Yesterday was spent getting all the beds and rooms ready for company.  I must say I am tired.  Did a little classical stretch this morning, and hope for a walk at lunch.  Getting my hair colored after work.  12 more days!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2013

Love all the pictures! Thanks for posting them!

Pat: Enjoy these next 12 days.

Today has been sun, wind, rain, repeat. Able to squeeze in my walk/run during one of the sunny times.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2013

Ruth, I too use Lose it.com.. And the popcorn is a healthy snack or a low fat yogurt.

Pat, I so can relate... I am vertically challenged as well...lol

Did my usual bike/Elliptical plus weights tonight before hubby ordered Chinese for dinner....ugh....

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Pat, the clock is ticking now! Loads of work, but exciting too!

(baseball again....)Mary, I remember listening to all the Twins games with my dad on the transistor radio when I was a girl, and every summer our family would take in a game on our way to visit relatives in Wisconsin & Iowa. We kids would play 'Minnesota Twins'; I was Tony Olivia, my brother was Jimmy Hall, and my little tiny sister was Harmon Killebrew ( for anyone else reading this, he was a big, heavy-set power hitter). Neat memories.

Very nice here today. I walked for an hour with a friend.

Here is a little story I want to share; my parents had an antique dresser in their bedroom, which we brought with my dad when he moved here. It was the only personal piece of furniture there was room for in the nursing home. It had gotten pretty beat up over the years and after he died last fall, I covered it up in the garage until I could decide what to do with it. Today I bought some tung oil and shined it up. Years ago, I asked a friend, who works with antiques, if I should sand down and refinish an old cigar stand (now plant stand). "Oh no," she said aghast, "you just want to bring out the beauty of the original wood, you don't want to refinish it, because the nicks tell the story." So today, as I was working, I thought of what she said and what a good metaphor that is for life in general, and us specifically......OK, enough philosophy.....off to eat some yogurt Tongue Out.....

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2013

Sh'bam this morning and killer spin class tonight.

Hey Heidi, see the colour of your bucket, well that's the colour of the top of my legs....  I was out on a boat yesterday and was lathered in sunscreened but for some reason it must have rubbed off the tops of my legs ow ow owCool 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited June 2013

I have been feeling my weekend exertion all day.  But walked up Queen Anne Hill anyway as was out of eggs, 2 miles each way.  I am ready for bed!!

Tomorrow is another day.  More work in the pipeline, and lots to do for the nonprofit.  Still feeling good from my Saturday ride as a new personal best.

Ouch on the backs of your legs Cheryl.  For me, it's the back of the waistline I always miss.  I wore capris so my legs are fine.

Thinking mushroom omelet for dinner tomorrow night..... 

Also wondering what would have happened if I had accepted the ride from the hunk who asked if I was OK yesterday when on a business call Innocent Hmmmmm. - Claire

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2013

Ruth, loved the story of the beauty of the wood. The nicks tell the story.  Kind of like the lines in our faces . . .

Love all the baseball stories.  Keep 'em coming. I might have one you will enjoy.  My DH as a kid was a Yankees fan (here in Boston!!), namely a Mickey Mantle fan.  He had Mickey Mantle's rookie card.  Are you ready for this?  He put it in the spokes of his bike tire!!!!  My sons love that story.

Rainy, miserable here today. Did some cross training. Spent an hour on the elliptical - at least my training partner was with me, so good conversation.  Hope to get back to hot yoga this afternoon. Haven't done it in weeks for one reason or another.

• NatsFan
    edited June 2013

Ruth - love the story of the nicks in the wood telling the story. After all of our surgeries, my guess is that most of us have more than a few nicks in the wood!  Wink  Cheryl - ouch on the sunburn.  When I was bald from chemo, I wore baseball caps so that protected my head, but one time I got burned on the tops of my ears!  I remembered to put sunscreen on the back of my neck, but who'd think about the tops of the ears?? Claire - walking up Queen Anne hill is a good workout on its own, never mind your weekend exertions - no wonder you're tired!  Pat - you must be so excited.  And I'm impressed with your cleaning - the top of the door jamb??  Just think - once it's all over you can relax in your nice clean house.

Nasty storms last night - we were under a tornado watch most of the evening.  We lost power briefly, and there was a tornado in the next county.  30 minute run this morning - the famous DC heat and humidity is here!  Plus 10 minutes of waist hooping. 

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited June 2013

Mary, yup, I was too tired to do the rowing that I planned after bailing. Went rowing in the gym instead the next day. No bailing required.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2013

ruth  "the nicks tell the story" - don't we all know about this!  LuvLuLu  Mickey Mantle rookie card in the spokes??  Surprised   Nice photo, heidi

Got historic pics of the Danube at its peak, thankfully now the river is going down.  There's some damage in Budapest but it could have been so much worse.  We've had no flooding where we are in the hills.  

I'm happy to be counting down to the last day of school this Friday.  I'm not worried about keeping my kids busy, but I'm very concerned about keeping the fridge filled for my voracious DS as he will be home most days!  

Hour of pilates reformer, focus on hips and hammies.  

Hope that everybody is having a good week ~

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Oh yeah, feeding a boy is hard. I would be glad when school started in the fall so DS could be eating hot lunch and I wouldn't have to buy so many groceries!

• lilacblue
    edited June 2013

Body balance at the gym this morning.  Had a presentation tonight with my pink ribbon pilates buddy Jennie to the Soroptimists women.  A little funding and word of mouth about our class to other bc woman would be great!  One woman came up to me and said she had a mx 3 years ago and may join us Thursday morning.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Walked and did 40 minute Firm toning. Off to dinner at a nice restaurant to celebrate DH's and my wedding anniversary. I will order salmon, but MUST have the french onion soup and a glass of wine!

• SAB
    edited June 2013

Ruth, I love the story.

My DD is in the middle of finals and only working out has kept me sane.

Yesterday I did yoga and then spin.  Today I ran a couple of miles, and then walked four more briskly with a friend.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited June 2013

Happy Anniversary Ruth!

Push mowed for over in an hour and finished in the dark. Told dh that the first thing I will buy when I win the lottery will be decent mowers! The riding mower is on it's last leg and now the push mower is acting up. And the grass keeps growing! Tongue Out

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2013

Joy, good luck in keeping the fridge stocked. Had three teenage boys so I understand your challenge...

Love the nicks story..with each scar and line is a story.... Happy anniversary Ruth!!!

Ran two miles tonight and did some sit ups and weights...

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2013

Happy Anniversary Ruth.  Pat I'm sure your houseguests will appreciate all your hard work.  Claire didn't your mother tell you not to get in a car with a strange manWink  Joy one of my friends DD is a type 1 diabetic and she got her a special fridge to keep all her supplies separate from the rest of the family well come summer every neighborhood kid knew about that fridge and you know the rest of the story every time she'd go to get herself a drink the fridge would be empty!!!!!  Wonderland you need to get yourself a couple of sheep or maybe a goatTongue Out

Tonight was my Body Step class but really my heart wasn't in it, my hips hurt so I really only gave it a 50% effortFrown 

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2013

Hot yoga felt great yesterday.

Today was shoulders and biceps at the gym, then I go riding for fun tonight!

• NatsFan
    edited June 2013

Happy Anniversary Ruth!!  Hope you enjoyed your dinner thoroughly.  Lilac - great on the pink ribbon class and the possible newbie.  Get the word out!  Cheryl - please take care of yourself.  I hate to say this, but maybe take a couple of days off to rest all those joints?  Maybe just do some gentle walking.  Wonder - you are getting quite a workout with Mr. Push Mower.  Not quite as sexy as Cheryl's Eduardo, but I bet you're getting some good toning using that mower!

An hour of Garden N Sculpt last night, and 30 minutes core balance ball workout this morning. 

• lilacblue
    edited June 2013

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs Ruth! 

Freestyle step in morning and just in from late afternoon noon 5k run.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2013

Happy Anniversary, Ruth!  cheryl  A relaxing stroll sounds good!   wonderland  What about a rock garden?  Tongue Out

LOL on DS's in their teen years  Surprised  When we sit for dinner, the rest of us have taken 2 bites and he's finished and ready for more!  odie  I wouldn't know how to manage with several teen boys in the house at once!   

Morning trail run/hike, glorious day with cool temp and crystal clear skies.   

• SAB
    edited June 2013

I would love to have a hearty eater in the house!  With a daughter I am more worried about signs of anorexia, since there is so much pressure. I try to stress exercise and healthy foods, but I can't follow her around!

Today I went to yoga, then spin and because I cheated a little on the tension I added half hour of elliptical.