Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited June 2013

Walked and did a whole bunch of toning. It is hot and humid here today. I had to turn on the air conditioning for the first time this summer.

Pat, glad that the wedding went so well. Yes, you will need some unwinding time.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited June 2013

My DH pointed out that my 15.5 oz. tomato cans were techincally almost 1 lb by volume, but not necessarily by weight, so today I worked my upper body by lifting 1 lb packages of dried beans Undecided I also walked around Target for about 20 minutes waiting for my first anastrozole prescription to be filled. Will go walk our usual hilly mile with the DH and the dogs later this evening.

I had my 17th rad treatment today and saw my MO, thus the anastrozole RX. Thanks for the warm welcome, Everyone!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited June 2013

Pat: Congratuations on the wedding! Enjoy your rest.

Welcome AnnieLane! Good luck with the remaining rads.

Walked/ran at the park this evening. Sweat, sweat, sweat. Tongue Out

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2013

Ran a couple of miles tonight on the treadmill then did weights.

Congrats on surviving the wedding Pat01. Be sure to take a few days to recoup.....

Hot and nasty humid here today too.

Sweet dreams my sculpted friends...

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2013

Pat the wedding sounds like it was great.  Annie Target walking is one of my favourite exercisesWink 

The weather here today is gorgeous (no humidity) but they say we have a heatwave comingFrown  did a Body Step class tonight.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2013

Back to the trail this morning, taking my dog with me for a slower hike to see how it goes.  It is a glorious 60 degrees right now, a welcome relief from the heat wave last week.  This should help with any LE symptoms I hope?  

pat   Congrats on a beautiful wedding - time to rest and recuperate! 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited June 2013

Thanks for all the well wishes - I am tired, but feel very happy that the wedding turned out so well.  And the cowbird that wakes us up at 4:40 every morning is not helping me get the sleep I so want!  But what a beautiful song.

Have any of you read After Breast Cancer: A common sense guide to life after treatment?  Someone suggested it would be good for me to read, but looking at the reviews it looks like a book that would have been good a couple of years ago, not now when I am already 2 years out and pretty adjusted to my diagnosis.

No exercise for me yesterday and doubtful today - work picnic then a dermatologist appt. to take another look at my "atypical" mole.  If its not one thing it's another. 

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

post a picture of you in your dress if you can!

• AnnieLane
    edited June 2013

Walked the dogs with the DH a mile before breakfast.

• pat01
    edited June 2013

I'll try to post a picture ruth - and my early morning bird friend is a cat bird, not a cow bird - see what lack of sleep will do to your brain?

• pat01
    edited June 2013

OK, tried to post a pic and failed - clicked on the photo thingy, but wouldn't let me browse for a photo.  Trying just cut and paste to see if this works.  This is a pic of my 2 boys walking me down the aisle.  I don't have one of the whole dress, but it was knee length with 3/4 sleeves, and very comfortable.  And I have no idea why I'm sticking my tongue out!

image alt="" />

• pat01
    edited June 2013

Well that didn't work - if someone can tell me what to do I'll give it another try later.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited June 2013

You have to link to an online hosting service.  I use Photobucket.

Did a 5k run last night, and got soaked.  But was a warm summer rain, so also fun in a way.

I need to get moving, but just got some bad news about a friend.  So need some time to absorb that too.

Later...... - Claire

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited June 2013

Pat, congratulations mother of the bride - you did it and well done!!

Freestyle step at the gym this morning.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2013

pat  Would love to see your pic!  Posting pictures here isn't easy  Tongue Out   Claire  Sorry to hear about your friend.  

2 mile trail hike with my dog.  Feeling good so far, no sign of LE!  

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2013

30 minutes weights this morning. 

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

I use Piscasa and have to go down to 'properties' and copy the whole URL over to BCO.

Walked for an hour with my WOW (Women of Wednesday) ladies, went out to breakfast, got a hair cut & dye, now am watering flowers.

• odie16
    edited June 2013

Did 20 minutes on the Elliptical plus weights tonight.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2013

hi ladies and welcome AnnieLane!  Haven't been here for a few days and lots going on.

Been taking daily walks, not many mornings though, as it's been raining quite a bit here.  But the Legislature passed the state budget last week so the lobbyists are pretty much gone and it's safe to walk inside the Capitol again.

Logged 16.33 km = 10.15 miles since last post.  Keep up the good work everyone!  ♥

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2013

Did Sh'bam class this morning and got a facebook message from crazy spin instructor #1 that she was subbing tonight so all my night plans went out the window and I went to spin ooee I don't think there is any sweat left in my body but I feel greatInnocent

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2013

Badger - there are always lobbyists in DC, so be prepared!  Tongue Out 30 minute run this morning - two bunny day.  Still hot and humid!  There's also a baby bunny living in the bushes at the front entrance to work so we've seen him several times in the last week or so - he's so CUTE!  Playing hooky this afternoon - the Nats have a 4pm game.  Chance of afternoon t-storms, though, so it could get interesting. 

• AnnieLane
    edited June 2013

This morning before work I walked the dogs a mile with the DH and lifted my one lb bags o' beans. It's getting too hot here to do much outside later in the day.

Rad # 19 today and visit with my RO this afternoon.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2013

Walked, did some yard work, abs and a few weights. Nice out here today. I wish I had a friend with a boat!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited June 2013

Pink ribbon pilates this morning and long dog walk this afternoon.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited June 2013

Took yesterday off......well mostly.  Anyway, discovered another benefit of exercising.  You may remember that I usually land on my butt getting off the chairlift on my x-country skis.  So I am well practiced on how to land with minimal effects.  That skill was extremely useful yesterday, when I hit some water on the floor at the local supermarket.

This was the "lets spray all the vegetables with water so they rot faster in the fridge" aisle.  Anyway, I went flying and did a stellar landing.

Even funnier was that my friend Amanda's husband Jon was among those who witnessed this performance.  He was impressed.  So got to catch up with him as I got the 2 for 1 sale on ice cream and then checked out.

So another important life skill worth mentioning....... - Claire

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2013

Claire, Ha, quick reflexes.  I fell on a trail run last weekend and managed to aim for a soft spot of sand on the way down! 

Off to the gym...too hot to exercise outside.

• odie16
    edited June 2013

Ran a couple miles tonight on the treadmill, did weights and balance ball sit ups.

Claire, glad you weren't seriously hurt and am glad to know I am not the only one whose middle name isn't Grace....

Happy Friday ladies!!!!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited June 2013

Claire: Did you feel like it all happened in slow motion?

Walked/ran in the early afternoon then dh and worked in the yard. Tomorrow is mow day.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited June 2013

No, on the slow motion.  However, was really quite "Grace"-ful considering.  Mile walk each way to the wine bar tonight.  Plus weights and crunches.  I am feeling just great and ready for bed.  Glorious evening here.

Doing a camping adventure Saturday afternoon into Sunday.  Will do some cycling earlier in the day. - Claire

• AnnieLane
    edited June 2013

Claire, yikes! You're such a good sport!

I walked a mile this morning with the DH and dogs.

Are any of you familiar with Dr. Miriam Nelson - the author of "Strong Women Stay Young" and  other "Strong Women..." books. When I learned I had osteopenia I got her book, "Strong Women, Strong Bones." Now that I'm on arimidex, I really feel I need to focus on exercise that will help my bone density.

A few things she recommends that are good for bone density are climbing stairs and doing jumping jacks or just small vertical jumps. She also says that running, if you can do it, is better than walking because of the impact. I had started doing run/ walk intervals before all this BC drama and want to try working back up to that - but not until my poor radiated breast has healed and I have more energy. I have knee pain if I run for too long, but the intervals worked better for me.

Anyway, I do live in a two story house, so I want to remember to take advantage of that and do several sets of stairs a day, starting later today.