Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

Freestyale step at the gym and it was a twiddle, difficult, sweaty routine. 

Good for you Misswim on training for the half marathon.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited July 2013

Walked for over an hour with my WOW ladies. Now I am getting ready to go to a big, fancy banquet; where somehow I got talked into being on panel discussion about Theodore Roosevelt (a long story). I have prepared for the occasion by getting a spray tan (so that I don't have to wear nylons, and can wear a sleeveless dress)!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2013

About 3 hours of mow and sculpt with a push mower. DH had shoulder surgery and cannot do much of anything. My turn to take care of him. My lymphedema arms and hands are less than content right now. But I was dripping so that should count for something...

• encoremom
    encoremom Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2013

Help!  I haven't been on here in a long time!  I need to lose the 8 - 10 pounds that I lost before and found again.  Tomorrow I start and will post!  I just read an article about being overweight and BC.  I knew it already but I was reminded again....

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2013

hi all and welcome back Debbie.  Kudos for starting up again! 

Been beautiful here too, especially in the mornings.  Walked the Capitol Square on break Mon Tues and today.  Logged 12.83 km = 7.97 miles for the three days. 

Sorry Mary about tonight's baseball game.  Don't tell anyone but I was rooting for the Nats.  Sure thought they'd come back at the bottom of the ninth.

Doing a Firecracker 5K fun run/walk tomorrow morning.  Thankfully, it'll be WAY cooler this year.  Last year it was 90 by 9 a.m.  Going to wear my 2012 t-shirt so I look like a veteran racer. 

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2013

Did 20 minutes on the Elliptical tonight plus weights. Will be helping hubby move and spread rock by the pool area tomorrow so it should be a good workout.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th of July!!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited July 2013

Did an early morning one mile walk and worked out with my 3.3 lbs free weights.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited July 2013

7.5 k walk with my son to see our new chickens (they are not big enough to come live in their new chicken coop here yet), a short bike ride this afternoon and just came from an evening yoga class at our new studio and I was the only student. I felt special~~we chose to do a yin practice. Now home for homemade rhubarb (from our garden) and strawberry cobbler which I made this afternoon. I think I deserve it!

• lilacblue
    edited July 2013

Pink ribbon pilates earlier this morning, physio afterwards and just in from a 5k run this afternoon.  I'm all ready for the barbecue dinner tonight. 

Have a happy 4th everyone!Cool

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

Running up and down, up and down, up and down the stairs dragging out tables, chairs. coolers etc. etc. for the big 4th of July party which starts at 1:00. One of the cats just threw up on the bedspread, so I will add in a little clothes washing just to keep me on my toes!

Happy Birthday, America!

Have a great day, All!

• badger
    edited July 2013

walked to the walk, walked, then walked home LOL.  8.15 km = 5.06 miles for the morning.

Now watching the Brewers-Nats baseball game and Mary is there!  Cool

Happy Birthday, America!  ♥

• AnnieLane
    edited July 2013

Walked the usual hilly mile with the dogs, the DH and our 9 yr old granddaughter who's here with her mom and sisters. Don't know if I'll get any other exercise today, but at least I got that in, which has been my maintenance/survival mode daily exercise during chemo and rads. Happy Fourth of July, Ladies!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

Happy 4th of July everyone....

Have been MIA for past couple of days as we had power outage at home and when it came back on it fried my wireless router!!!!  Have been keeping up with my classes, did Spin on wednesday and thursday nights and Sh'bamed on wednesday morning and then this morning did an absolutely amazing Body Combat class. Now heading off to a 4th of July party and tonight will watch fireworks off the pier.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2013

Forrest yoga class this morning- my first try at this style. Poses are held a LONG time, there is alot of core and inversions.Also in a hot room. It was a challenge to say the least. Resting this afternoon!

Happy 4th all!

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited July 2013

Happy birthday!!!!! Walked today, three miles. Did 20 min. Of yoga. Trying to get my core tightened up. My hubby and I are doing the Chris Powell diet. He bought the book so I may as well join in because it's hard to cook for one person. It wouldn't be good to eat burgers in front of him. I sure could loose 6 pounds.

Two days ago I treated myself to a thearaputic massage. It was wonderful. She wasn't paying attention and gave me an hour and twenty minutes of massage.

As for the' life after Letrozole'........been off since May 13th and see no change. Still as cranky as ever. Haha!

• ginger48
    edited July 2013

Jogged in the pool today; it is hot here!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited July 2013

Hooped indoors, washed two cars and waxed one of them.  Good upper body workout.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2013

Sounds like everyone had a good 4th.  Ruth - why is it that our pets choose to throw up or chew something or otherwise misbehave just at the wrong time?? Cheryl - glad you're back on line.  I hate power failures.  Ann - you can come do my cars next!  Cool

Whew - full day yesterday.  30 minute run in the morning (6 bunnies and one deer calmly grazing in someone's front yard).  Then off to the Nats-Brewers game.  It was HOT - an 11am start and it was already close to 90 degrees.  Fun game - hey Badger, the Nats actually won!  And we got a small bonus concert at the game - Neil Diamond was there and sang his new song between innnings.  Came home, hit the pool, then cooked out poolside.  Finished up the night watching PBS Capitol Fourth.  All in all a good day. 

Core workout with stability ball this morning - I'm gonna feel that one tomorrow, I can tell.

• lilacblue
    edited July 2013

Freestyle step and pilates this morning at the gym.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

45 minute walk, 45 minutes Body Makeover Mix....need to work off all my picnic food!!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2013

Funny recent cat throwup story - after the wedding some of the younger people wound up coming back to my house quite late and finding their own places to sleep - the next morning (as we were having brunch/open house for 70 out of town friends and family!) my niece tells me she thinks one of the cats threw up in the basement, and that she tried to clean it up as best she could.  I thanked her, and continued cooking brunch for all.  Later, when I made my way down to the basement, I found an enourmous poorly cleaned up pile of vomit - as one of my relatives said, if a cat had done this, it would be a raisin! Of course, it was my niece who was the culprit - trying to blame it on my poor little cats! 

Very hot and humid here - did a little water jogging in the pool yesterday - a very good workout, feeling it in my legs today.  Off this afternoon to a bridal shower with no air conditioning, but they live on a lake so I hope there is a breeze!

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited July 2013

Morning run, a steamy 5 miles early, then legs at the gym.

Had to work today!  But had a wonderful 4th.  Have a good weekend, all.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

It must be cat "throw up" day.  Was awakened at 4am by the sound of gagging then he got off the bed and was in the hall so I got up, turned on the hall light and found just a little so I went and sat on the bed to put on my slippers and plop I sat in the big pile he'd thrown up before he got off the bed .... oh what a way to start the daySurprised

Hope everyone had a great 4th, it was so gorgeous sitting on the beach watching fireworks, the dog on the other hand is really glad the 4th is behind us!!!!  Today did a really bad Zumba class, the poor girls timing was wayyyy off.

• AnnieLane
    edited July 2013

Now I'm watching my cat, waiting for her to throw up Wink

I worked out with my 3.3 lb free weights today and plan to go for the one mile walk later. My daughter and her three daughters are visiting and we're having a great time and eating too much, so I'm doing well to manage any exercise.

Also had my 24th of 25 rads today - YAY!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2013

Party time ahead!!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2013

Spent yesterday helping hubby move rock from the pile in the driveway to the pool area via wheelbarrow. Then played in the pool before grilling steaks and potatoes for dinner. But the fresh corn was my favorite...

Had to work today too but hit the gym for a workout on the Elliptical, brisk walk on the treadmill and weights. Came home and did some weed and sculpt before enjoying a leftover ear of corn....

• ginger48
    edited July 2013

Did jogging in the pool again; trying to add a bit more time each day.

So far my cat is vomit free...

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2013

Worse than cat puke is when they bring a favored guest a snake as a present.  True story from my Rosalind who I still miss.

Three miles of walking plus a 5k run today.

Back to cycling and training tomorrow.  Big ride is next weekend.

• encoremom
    encoremom Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2013

Well good intentions...pulled calf muscle and doc says not to exercise hard for a week.  Did do some heavy housecleaning...

• badger
    edited July 2013

Had to work yesterday and was one of maybe six people in the office, so I got a lot done.  Took time for a nice morning walk around the very quiet Capitol square.  Logged 5.33 km = 3.31 miles for the day.

edit to add: Mary, we were watching the game Thurs but left for family BBQ just after Neil was done.  He was OK but not great.  Didn't hear score until evening news and was not sad.  Nats come to Milw the first weekend of Aug and we are talking about going to a game.  Dilemma!  Is it safe to root for the Nats while in Miller Park?  UndecidedWinkSmile 

Headed out for a walk before it gets too hot.  Happy Saturday, everyone!  ♥