Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

Thinking of you and your husband, Lilac.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

(((Lilac))) hoping for best possible out come for your dh! 

Cheryl, I don't believe that for a minute...if your instructor didn't show up I would expect you to lead the class, or wear out every machine in the gym!

Off to the gym for some elliptical.  Not too much today because dh bought a bike yesterday and will want to go for a ride when he gets home. We have had mountain bikes for years, but he found a road bike on ebay and "couldn't resist."

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2013

Did an hour of toning with Denise this morning & went for a long walk with a friend this afternoon. The weather remains perfect!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

(((Lilac and your dh)))

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Lilac, sending big hugs and will say a prayer for you and your hubby.....

SAB, sorry your teacher didn't show up..how frustrating.

Walked/ran a couple miles on the treadmill tonight plus weights...

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Lilac, praying for the best for you and your husband and peace in the meantime.

I walked the dogs with my DH early this morning as usual.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2013

(((Lilac))) thinking of you and your DH and praying for you both. Mary how was the play and I know where the Kennedy Center is (te he)Wink

Another spin class tonight.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited August 2013

Lilac, all said above but one more hug coming your way.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited August 2013

Lots to read, I most likely won't catch up on everything.

Our travels to Florida last week were changed when the most unexpected tragedy occurred last Thursday evening.

My dear husband, age 49, was bicycling alone in the Buda Hills when he collapsed, and quickly died.  A team of people were fast to gather around him and attempt resusciation however their efforts did not work.  From what we understand, his passing was quick and painless.   

We are now in Florida with family, and in preparation for my dh's memorial service next Thursday.  My children and I have been incredibly supported by friends, my husband's colleagues and spouses, and school friends.   We've been comforted by calls and emails from people that we have not talked to in many years.   I have total faith in God but my husband's passing is so very hard to understand.

With our BC diagnoses, it's so easy to get caught up with ourselves and forget about others.   Life is so fleeting and fragile, it's so important to cherish every moment with loved ones.  

LB  I wish you the very best with your husband's scans, and send prayers to you both for the perfect outcome.  

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Lilac - joining everyone else in sending love and hugs to you and your dh. 

Book of Mormon on Wednesday night was great - profane, vulgar, yet funny as heck, and the message at the end - be nice to each other - was very sweetly conveyed.  My face was actually sore at the end from laughing so much.  But oh, Thursday morning came early!  I was so out of it I walked out the door without my Fuelband, so I only earned 262 points that evening. Surprised  I've been miserable about exercise this week with not feeling good and the late Wednesday, but am feeling better today so hopefully I can start racking up the points again.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Oh joy, I do not even know what to say. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm glad that you have many supportive people helping out & know we are here for you too. Much love! Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

(((((Joy))))) I am so very sorry for your loss, I am holding you and your children in my thoughts and prayers.

• SAB
    edited August 2013

Joy, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and sending deepest sympathy.  I am taking your words to heart.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Joy - we posted at the same time and I didn't see your post till now.  I am so sorry about your husband.  I am holding you and your family in my heart. 

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

An hour of pilates core/abs & lower body. Leaving to meet up with some old girlfriends for our annual get together. Hugs to all.

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Joy, my heart breaks for you. I'm so very sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your beloved husband. You and your children are in my prayers. And, like SAB, I am also taking your words of wisdom to heart.

My exercise post seems so trivial, but I took an extra walk late last night, got up early and walked the dogs, and went to the gym on my lunch break to do upper and lower body weight machines, some walking and slow jogging on the treadmill and stretching.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited August 2013

Joy I am SO sorry to hear.  So young.  Love and prayers going out to you. Words cannot express . . .

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited August 2013

Dear (((Joy))), I'm so very sorry for your sudden loss of your dear husband.  My heart goes out to you, your children, family and dear supprotive friends.  May peace be with you and thank you for your kind, caring thoughts.

Thank you all for your support and comapssion.  CAT scan today and biopsy of one mass was taken this morning at hospital.  More will be revealed next week and we wait.  Thank you again for the kindness you have shown me and my husband.  I am so touched.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Joy, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending heartfelt hugs and prayers to you and your family...There just are no words but I wish you peace.

Completed several miles each on the Elliptical and bike plus weights this evening.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Joy: I am so sorry to hear about the sudden death of your husband. May the love and comfort from your family, friends, and all of us here give you some peace during this sad, difficult time. 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

((Joy)) adding my thoughts & prayers to you and your family on the death of your husband.  Words can't express the shock and sorrow of losing him so suddenly and so young.

((Lilac)) thoughts & prayers to you and your husband.  Will be waiting with you for results.

Annie, I know what you mean but fear not to post.  Exercise brought us together; love keeps us together. 

7.92 km = 4.92 miles walked since last post.  ♥

• SAB
    edited August 2013

Well said Badger. 5.5 brisk miles with a buddy in the park this morning.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited August 2013

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.  Please keep posting exercise.  I got in the swimming pool this morning with DD and paddled around a little bit.  Also got in a long walk to customs at the Miami Int'l Airport yesterday, felt so good to move after a long flight.  

Sigh ..... this has been a very long week. Cry

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

O my gosh Joy!  I don't know what to say other than I am so very sorry.  Stay strong.  Major lesson in that we never really know what life will bring.

I am off for a group ride today and then the Tour de Peaks tomorrow.  I think I will stop by Bakery Nouveau on the way to today's ride.  Major urge for good French pastry.

Ferry ride both ways to the start of the ride, so that should be fun too! - Claire

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

Walked my 2.5 mile route this morning, now headed to central WI to meet up with a BCO sister from the WI ladies thread.  Will stay overnight and have a campfire and some beers, then I'll be home tomorrow in time to cook pot roast for supper. 

I am bringing the bottle of Helga's Red.  It was bought for a Sculpted Sisters weekend in Minn two yrs ago but we never drank it.  Didn't drink it in Chicago last year, and couldn't mail it or fly with it this year, so maybe the time is now.  ♥

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Walked the dogs with my DH early this morning. Did jumping jacks, leg lifts and crunches at home.

• SAB
    edited August 2013

Managed a short but intense hike (5 miles) with dh this morning.  Leaving right now on a bike ride... Then, hot tub for my achy bones.

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

Body Combat class followed by Boot Camp this morning.

Badger hopefully Helga will finally get cracked this weekendWink if she had been chocolate you know she would never had left MinneapolisLaughing

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited August 2013

joy, you already knew from BC that life is uncertain but to be hit with the death of your husband now makes it even harder for you. So glad you do have close family and friends right now. 

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Had a very fun visit with my old girlfriends. I will be back to the exercise mode tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you know how privileged I feel to be able to hang out with all of you caring, brave, kick-ass ladies. Kiss