Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Strolled my neighborhood and now getting ready to go to a family cookout.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2013

Pilates Challenge & Arms/Abs/Buns of Steel

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

My church has praise and worship before service which lasts about 30 minutes during which time I am moving about so that counts.  Then ran a couple of errands for another few steps.  But basically took the rest of day off.  Interesting though, my hip is sitll not happy so it can't be the exercising. 

Night sculpted friends.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

Signed up for the Tour de Peaks next Sunday, walked each way to church, cycled 33 miles, and then did a supermarket run.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2013

Finally, a 30 minute hooping session.  I'd been skimping lately what with all the moving and house prep.   It felt nice to have a dedicated time block of exercise.  Also walked a lap around the outer perimeter of a mall.  Plus miscellaneous house fixup chores with several trips up and down a ladder.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Walked the dogs for their daily mile early this morning - too hot here to do anymore than that outside. I went to the gym and did strength training, a little slow jogging on the treadmill and stretching. Also did some leg lifts and jumping jacks at home.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Switched things up and did The FIRM 500 Calories Workout.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Quality time with the Elliptical tonight as well as weights.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2013

Didn't go to the gym yesterday, had one of "those" nights and at 3am took a sleeping pill and woke up at 10am but did go saturday and did Body Combat and Boot Camp.

This morning did Sh'bam and tonight hard core Spin.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2013

Some classical stretch this morning, a walk at lunch on this beautiful day, and off to the gym this evening for some intervals and upper body machines.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Started off on my walk & ran into a new neighbor who was out walking her two little tiny dogs. We walked the dogs for half an hour, ditched them and walked for 45 more minutes.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Yesterday I ran 50 minutes/walked 10 on treadmill, a new running record for me.  This morning I had a lovely long walk in the park with a buddy.

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Walked the dogs before that blasted hot summer sun came up.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Cheryl: Hope last night was better and tonight also! Can't stand it when sleep won't come.

Annie: Glad you were able to walk your dogs before the Texas heat set in.

Fast walked/ran this evening. A nice, cool day. Temperature was 72 BUT the humidity was 90%. DC sweat level without the hot temperature!

• odie16
    edited August 2013

Ran/walked 3 miles on the treadmill tonight plus did some weights.

Wishing everyone sweet dreams, particularly Cheryl...hate sleepless nights.

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

Thanks girls, yes the sandman came and I finally got a good nights sleep.  Ruth thank you for the photos, love the one of Wonderland, you and I at Fords Theatre.  Wonderland I do not envy you the humidity, you can keep itLaughing

Body Step class for me tonight.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2013

Congratulations SAB, that's quite a run!

30 minutes hooping in the new house.  It's a whole different experience because it has cathedral ceiling in the LR.  There's actually space above me for tossing the hoop now.  Yay!

• pat01
    edited August 2013

Had a nice walk at lunchtime yesterday, and then to the gym after work for run/walk intervals and some upper body machines.  No time for classical stretch this morning as I got up late, beautiful weather for sleeping these past few nights here.  Going to get another walk in at lunch today, and then it's off to blues on the beach tonight, though I bet it will be a long pants sweatshirt kind of evening.  Heat and humidity coming back this weekend I hear, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

I've been off here for a few days. At the cabin over the weekend, then caught some virus-y thing that had me in bed for 2 days.  Ruth - that baseball game sounds wondeful - sounds like something out of a movie!  Badger - how was the game Sunday?  Ann - great about being able to hoop with the tall ceiling!

Did lots of Chores N Sculpt at the cabin - earned 4253 Fuelpoints on Saturday and 3645 on Sunday.  Then I got sick, earning only 1296 on Monday and 756 yesterday.  Surprised  That broke my streak of 41 days in a row where I reached my goal of 3,000.  Frown  I'll just have to start over with a new streak today.  We have tix for Book of Mormon at the Kennedy Center tonight.  We bought the tickets months ago so I can't believe it's finally here.  

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Walked the canine kids early before work, then went to the gym on my lunch break and did strength training on the upper & lower body weight machines, walking & jogging on the treadmill, and stretching.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Walked for an hour with the Wednesday Women.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

Headed for the wine bar and market....one mile walk each way.  Lots of brain exercise today including fixing my printer USB which turned out to be a software glitch.

This to get out a W9 so I can be paid for the article I helped write. 

Prior to that I figured out how to write and cost a grant application with lots more to go that way and finished up a research report....or at least the draft.  As I said, I am in need of "refreshments". - Claire

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

Mary, the game Sunday was great!  Perfect weather for tailgating and baseball.  I had my Nats bag and Brewers cap so got some odd looks but WTH!  Loved Miller Park and got a $10 voucher for food, beer, or merchandise (I chose beer LOL) so my ticket was essentially five bucks.  It was a 12-hour day, with the drive to Milwaukee and traffic jam around the Zoo interchange because of the WI State Fair.  But worth it and we're going to do it again in Sept.  BTW, my friends say that Paul Molitor bobblehead is worth money, so hang onto it!

Yesterday was MIL's bday so had a family cookout.  Yummy food (ice cream cake!) and good company but another late night so tired tonight.  

Logged 15.2 km = 9.45 mi walked since last post. 

• odie16
    edited August 2013

Went to Yoga class tonight. Namaste!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

I tried to go to yoga class too, but the instructor didn't show up again.  Ended up running on treadmill.  

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

SAB how annoying, at least you stayed if that happened to me I'd just leaveWink  Mary sorry you got hit with a yukky bug, I'll bet Mikey snuggled up with you - thought of you today, about 2pm at my office there was this whomp whomp whomp sound and the building shook so we went outside to see 5 helicopters heading over the top of us on a course to the coastline, you know who was in one of them, usually there are 3 but I guess cause he'd been to Camp Pendleton they sent him off with a couple of extrasCool 

This morning did Sh'bam and tonight a great Spin class

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited August 2013

I'm walking our dog each day and that is about it.  The pain is lessening from the lipo on my purple bruised hips and the little cuts that have been stiched under my arm to remove more from my deip breast is slightly ouchie.  Each day builds on the next and I'm now 8 days out from surgery and on forwad recovery movement. 

My husband received news late yesterday afternoon regarding the MRI he had on Monday.  There are perhaps two tumors in his neck, one near the base of his tounge.  Tomorrow he is to go in for a biposy and CAT scan.  We are walking through this, whole and intact with a perfect outcome.  I just wish we could be released from the barrel that we seem to have found ourselves in for for what feel's like - a long time.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Oh, I am so sorry, Lilac! Hang in there. 

• pat01
    edited August 2013

Oh Lilac!  Wishing for some positive news for you.

Got a walk in at lunch yesterday, but today it is rainy so probably not.  Did some classical stretch this morning, boy, am I tight, need to keep at that a little more.  Use it or lose it!

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited August 2013

((Lilac)) hugs to you.  Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts. This too shall pass.