Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2013

Did FIRM Cardio Dance Party for something different.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

Walked 2.5 miles this morning while it was cool.  Did errands including farmers market and library.  Ruth, I am 150 pages into The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared.  OMG funny!  IDK how you will be able to read it aloud OTR since you will be laughing so much! ♥

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Spent the day moving over a half ton of river rock. Found a few muscles I forgot about...

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Walked the dogs early this morning and did some jumping jacks & stretching at home. That's about it since I worked a full day plus some involutary overtime.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2013

Body Combat class followed by butt kickin' Boot Camp (Annie we did a lot of jumping jacks in Boot Camp this morning - be still my heart!!!) and then have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, bought myself a new barbeque yesterday so invited my friends and their dogs over for get together/play date tomorrow so then I had to go out and clean off all the patio furniture ... dang birds....

LB and Joy sending you both love.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2013

Been away for a while...catching up.

Joy- just read about your DH. I am so sorry.

Lilac- keeping you and your DH in my thoughts.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2013

Hooped 35 minutes yesterday and day before, also hiked up a 1600 ft peak that is a short drive from the new place.  I learned there's a 2.5 mile path direct from my house to the peak, so one day I will try that.

Have been going nuts trying to fit my furniture into the new place.  Realized I want space more than anything so I need to get rid of a bunch of it.  This after already leaving the biggest pieces behind.   It will feel good once it's over.  Right now it's chaos.

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

Ann it's funny, the older we get the less we need, your hike sounds great and what a bonus to have such an easy access to the path.

Today was Body Step class, having friends over for a barbecue this afternoon, boy all I can say it's lucky I exercise cause I sure like to eat!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Had a packed schedule today, but did manage to get a walk in.

Badger, I recommended The 100-Year Old Man to an awesome 92 year old lady I know. She is totally 'with it' and reads all the same books I do, so I am interested to hear what she thinks.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Joy: Thoughts and prayers continue to come your way.

Lilac: Thoughts and prayers also continue to come your way.

I finally fast walked/ran today (first time in 5 days). It felt great! We moved dd back to college for her last semester this past week. Then yesterday it poured rain all day long. One of days where I didn't want to get out of bed.

Cheryl: I'm sure your barbecue was a success.

Ruth: I'll have to check out the 100 year old man book. Sounds interesting.

• odie16
    edited August 2013

Rest day for me exercise wise but got a small workout taking the puppy for his checkup..

Cheryl, I bet your bbq was a blast. Hope you had a great day. Ruth, did you like the movie (The Butler)?

Wishing everyone a great week and continue to send hugs & prayers to Joy & Lilacblue...

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

Been MIA for awhile but continue to try and move every day.  Thought maybe I would just try and come on each night and post from my pedometer.  Since I can go back a week will do so here and then try and come on before bed each night. 

8/11 - 5238 steps/1.98 mi.  8/12 - 6153/2.33. 8/13 - 6513/2.46. 8/14 - 3738/1.41. 8/15 - 3423/1.29. 8/16 - 3061/1.15. 8/17 - 3337/1.26. Today, 8/18 - 9337 steps/3.53 miles. (editing 8/18 because I actually walked in place watching the news so 8/18 was 11367 steps/4.30 miles)

Before I was happy with around 3500 steps daily but seeing it in print now makes me want to set a goal of a minimum 6,000 steps a day.  I can do this! 

Thanks, as usual, since coming here gets me motivated (not to mention my scale being stuck in place!) 

Night sculpted friends.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

hi ladies and good job patoo!  Smile  You CAN do it!

Walked 2.5 miles this morning while it was still cool.  Went out to brunch with friends then came home and cooked up a storm.  Made kale with chickpeas & tomatoes for lunches, lasagna for supper, and just pulled coffee cake out of the oven.  Needed to use up the wild blueberries from last weekend and will score major points at work. 

Am 330 pages into The 100 year old man, just 50 pages to go.  Will finish yet tonight. 

I'm usually off the boards Mon & Tues so Ruth, good luck and Godspeed!  ♥ to all

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Thanks, badger, it should be an adventure (and you know I like adventures Smile).

Odie, yes, The Butler was good. As a history geek, I would say the story spanned so many years that it only had time to show small slices from the complete picture of the times covered (if there is such a thing as a complete picture). But it was dramatic and, as well as an compelling personal story, it makes one think about how far our country has come & how far yet it has to go.....

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Did strength training at the gym and spent some time on the elliptical today. Just got back from a moonlight walk with the DH & dogs.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

Got in my hiking/cycling adventure.  Nothing worked quite as planned, but that is OK.  Was fogged in Friday, so started a bit late.  I needed the sleep and got out a minor piece of work that was critical.

I took a stroll around Port Townsend, and had fresh Crab Louis salad.....crab was from across the bay, and the rest of the salad stuff was locally grown.  Divine.  Then onto the hostel which turned out to be fun.  They gave me fresh plums and artichokes from their garden.  I tried a cycle along the coast eastward, but a gravel path so that didn't work out.  But did cycle out to the Coast Guard Station at the end of a sand bar.  I was right in the Straight of San Juan de Fuca and could see Canada on one side, and the Olympic Mountains to the south.  Breathtaking.

Saturday, I did 40 miles which would have gotten me to Crescent Lake if I had know where to go.  So a lot of extra work, and I finally realized that I was tired, cold, and miserable and I had about 21 miles back.  So that is what I did, and took the car to Lake Crescent, stopping at the old inn.  Just glorious.  By then, I was hurting from head to to from the cycling, but went out to dinner where I had divine ravioli and wild mushrooms.

BUT......paid big time for this in the early AM, so did about half the amount of hiking today I had planned.....only about 1.5 miles, but got in all the viewpoints and did do a bit of a climb.  Since I was a bit shaky at the getgo, I thought I had done well.  Then the drive back to the ferry, and a stunning ride back into Seattle.

Which reminds me that I need to put the basil in water.  Bought two huge bunches which I need to make into pesto.  I love pesto, and mine better than anyone else's.  I use walnuts and proscuitto.

I have to tackle some work now....Hempfest is still on, but drowning out with the washing machine.  Looking forward to local heirloom tomato, cucumber, and basil salad tonight. - Claire

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2013

A day without hooping.  I set out on a 5 mile hike from my front door starting at almost 6pm.  So it was 2.5 miles out, gaining about 1000 ft elevation.  Wow, parts were steep!  I made it to the top well before sunset but it was dark when I finished.  Fantastic views along much of the climb, then at the summit views open up in all directions.  It was an epic walk for me.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited August 2013

Headed back to Budapest, adventure begins with 2 teenagers on my own.   Sigh ...... the world is moving on, I'm not ready.   Sorry to be a bummer, this is probably not the place to post now.

I've had no exercise the past 2 weeks.  Our dog is back from the kennel tonight, I'll start with a trail hike with her tomorrow to help clear the fog.  

LB  Thinking of you, hoping and praying for the best.  

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2013

Oh Joy, you have been in my thoughts.  One day at a time.  Please continue to post here, we are here to listen.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Joy, this is always the place to post. We care about you.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Joy - so glad you checked in - please post when you can.  I'm so glad you've picked up the pup from the kennel - I bet she was so glad to see you and your children.  Your idea of taking her with you on some trail hikes will be some good quiet time for the both of you.  LB - still thinking of you and hoping.

Badger - what a horrible thing to have happen on your bike to be run off the road like that!  I know it was a long time ago, but sheesh - what is the matter with people?  Glad you were safe.  Ann - your hike sounds beautiful!

Had a wonderful time at the cabin.  The AT in Maryland runs along South Mountain, which was the scene of several important Civil War battles in the days before the big battle at Antietam.  Some re-enactors were recreating a battle at Fox's Gap in which the Union General Reno was killed (this is the guy Reno, Nevada was named for so he was pretty important).  Two future Presidents fought in that battle as members of the 23rd Ohio Infantry - Hayes and McKinley. We decided to combine hiking with attending the re-enactment, so we parked at a trail crossing about 3 miles away, hiked the AT to the re-enactment, then hiked back to the car when it was over.  The re-enactment was great and wow - those cannons are LOUD!!!!  Ruth - you would have loved it - after the re-enactment was over, the participants were available for questions and to explain their uniforms, the equipment, and the battles.  They love what they do and are such enthusiastic teachers.  I now know about Civil War era cannons, the different kinds of ammunition that were used, and what the process was for loading and firing them.  It was fascinating! 

Fuelpoint report: 3873 points on Friday, 4826 points on Saturday (a 6-mile hike helps a lot!), and just barely over goal Sunday - 3,049.

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

Joy this is not just an "exercise" thread we are a circle of women who happened to meet because we clicked on the title, we are a circle with our arms around each other, when people choose to come in we part and embrace them, when they leave we close in but our arms are always wrapped around each other in support .  As life settles back down, grief will wash over you at unexpected times but remember the circle is here waiting to part, to wrap our arms around you and support you.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

So lovely and true, Cheryl.

Walked for an hour & did an hour of spot toning with Denise. Now I need to see how many bras I can cram into a carry on for my trip to the hot and humid Florida coast!!!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

News flash Ruth.....you can WASH bras!  Now, you do make sure you don't wear black under sheer pastels and vice versa.

I am at the grindstone.....feel like I am in low gear going up an endless hill, to put in cycling terms.  Managing about 4 projects.  Whew!!!  But in good shape with two, so just now going back to the major deadline for tomorrow.

Joy....I don't know quite what to say other than your sons need you there for them.  Make sure they get the help they need whatever that may be. We just never know.

I am happy to be here and working.  Will try to post a picture later from my hike.  Amazing scenery, and I feel so lucky to partake in all life's wonder. - Claire

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited August 2013

Joy, I am holding You and your family close to my heart. I am so sorry.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

(((Joy))) Please continue to post here. We are all here for each other and draw strength from each other.

Ann: Your hike sounded delightful.

Mary: I finished reading Manhunt (about Lincoln's assassination) after going to Ford's Theater. So, I'm still in Civil War mode. I would have loved to have seen the re-enactment.

Claire: Looking forward to your picture.

Pack all the bras you own, Ruth! I just returned from my walk/run and my bra is soaked. The temperature is fine: 73 degrees. But the humidity is 91%. Pack a towel to wipe away your sweat!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Mary, I would have been in heaven at your re-enactment!

Claire, as I soaked through an outfit an hour in DC, all I'll be doing IS washing clothes if I don't pack extra!!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

(((Joy))) I wish there were words that could help.

After a weekend with no workout, just traveling from Craig's list listing to listing trying to find a used bike I started my week with a new bike.  Had a very rough interview, changed clothes in the car, drove to the bike store and pointed. Took a maiden ride this afternoon and very happy with my pick.  It has fewer choices (dual crank) so I have to relearn some things, but rides like buttah!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

Joy, HUGS.  Cheryl said it so well.  You can always come here and know that you are wrapped in our circle of warmth.

Made goal today although had to push - 6029 steps/2.28 miles.  Now to add in better eating habits.

Night my sculpted friends.

• odie16
    edited August 2013

Joy, while Cheryl said it best, please continue to post here and lean on us whenever you need to. We care about so much more than exercise... Hugs...

Ann, your hike sounds fabulous. Envious of your mountain so close for hiking....

Went to the gym today for HITT training on the Elliptical plus weights.