Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2013

Congratulations Pat01 and Flannette on the anniversaries. 30 years..... Wow....

Wish more people would rescue and be kinder to our furry friends.

Went to the gym and ran 3 miles on the treadmill before hitting the weights. Likely won't get any exercise tomorrow due to a business trip but will be back on track Thursday.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2013

Congrats on 5 years flannelette and happy 30th anniversary pat!

Did a lot of walking in Boston today after my dr appt.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2013

Congratulations Pat on 30 years and Flannelette a big Wooohoooooooooo on 5 years.  Caryn and Annie it just breaks your heart when you see how some humans treat animals and then they are so forgiving of humans.  I am dog sitting my neighbors minature Schnauzer and my poor cat will be living in the wardrobe for the next 2 weeks ..... she's one of those 'busy' dogs always on the move and Frank is just overwhelmed by her and he's much bigger than she is, go figureLaughing

Tonight did Body Step class after a very long boring day on jury duty.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited July 2013

I loved your story, Flannelette! Congrats on 5 years!

Pat, 30 years! I hope to make it there, too.

Mary, you can be proud of yourself!

I'll be away the next two weeks without Internet and no Zumba or BodyJam. I downloaded an app with bodyweight workouts and I'm packing my TRX, which I haven't used in a while. Keep moving, girls!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2013

Caryn - your Mary Lu sounds wonderful.  And I agree fully about rescue dogs being so grateful to have a home.  Congrats on the 5 year mark, Flannel!  Woohoo!  And congrats on 30 years anniversary, Pat.  Time flies, doesn't it?  Annie - your poor street girl Gyspy.  From the description of the jar being fastened over her head it sounds like she was used as a bait dog for idiots involved with pit bull fighting rings - people like that need to rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.  Good for you for taking her in and making her feel secure enough for her personality to blossom.  I can just see her trying to herd the cat!  Cheryl - sorry your jury duty was boring.  Last time I was called I actually got picked for a civil case arising out of a drunk driver car crash.  It was a 3 day trial - fascinating.

As I predicted, because I didn't exercise yesterday morning, I got caught way short last night with my Fuelband goal, so at 8pm I grabbed Mikey and we went for a 2 mile walk.  He was startled but quite excited at the bonus walk.  Saw 6 bunnies.  Got up this morning and went for a half hour run.  Saw three bunnies and a beautiful doe who was only about 20 feet away.  She just stood there and watched me go by, flopping those big ears at me.  They must wonder about that strange primate running by. 

Have my routine 6-month MO appt this afternoon.  If all goes well, I think she's going to put me on a one year schedule.  That would be so wonderful to hit that milestone. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited July 2013

Congrats flannelette!  I second the big woohoo!

Mary, that fuelband sounds interesting - do you need to tell it what activity you are doing, or does it just "know"?

Got a nice long walk in at lunch yesterday, and my walking buddy actually joined me - for various reasons she hasn't gone for months, but I love when she comes, because we chat the time away, and she is a fast walker which helps me up my game.

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2013

Heidi there is now a Les Mills app for the calorie count, one of my former instructors posted the link on facebook, I'll go back and see if I can find it for you if I can't find it I'm going to a Les Mills quarterly on saturday week and I'll find out and pm it to you for when you get back, was supposed to go to San Diego and do a 5k on that day but long story short I have the opportunity to dog sit for two families at once they both know about the other, they know I'll be gone all day saturday and they're fine with it but San Diego was an overnight so I gave that up and late last night signed up for a torture day of RPM, Body Step, Body Pump, Jam/Sh'bam combo, Body Combat and end the day with Body FlowEmbarassed

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited July 2013

Walked the dogs early this morning and went to the gym to do upper & lower body weight machines and stretching during my mid-day break from my split shift.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited July 2013

I'll do my best Heidi - have fun! Flannelette-Congratulations on 5 year milestone and that wild swimming is cool!

Rest day as I was in surgery for stage 2b this morning. Feeling ok and able to do a few things till I see my PS for a check for green light.  Was told that I can work with low impact, yet no weights, running, or on my stomach.  I'll be walking, recumbent bike, pilates, yoga and a little on the ball.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2013

Lilac.....congrats on being past your surgery.  "Low impact" also means not doing things such as falling off the ball, or tripping over tree roots while walking!

You will be fine, and a month off does little harm in the long run.  You can move plenty just walking. - Claire

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Lilac I'm glad all went well. Flanalette, congrats on the big 5!  Also Pat happy anniversary.

Today I went to spin. 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

Congrats on the anniversaries!  hbcheryl, you have really gone over the top - torture day!

No exercise yesterday as went to wake for friend's dad.  Tonight did 2.5 mile walk after work. 

You gals are wonderful.  Thanks

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

hi all & welcome Caryn. Great pix Marian & Claire! Congrats Pat on 30 yrs & flannelette on 5!

All-day meeting Mon wiped me out so turned in early, then date night Tues, so haven't posted since Sun a.m.  Walked Sun p.m., Tues & Weds on break, and tonight after work.  Logged 10.8 km = 6.71 miles since last post.  ♥

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2013

Heidi, hope you are off on a very fun vacation!

Glad you are feeling OK, Lilac.

Next time I really overdo exercise, I am going to say that I 'pulled a Cheryl' Tongue Out.

The weather was absolutely perfect here today. 75 with a little refreshing breeze. Walked with my Wednesday ladies this morning. Did some pilates under the supervision of the cat; who comes downstairs, watches, and does some of the stretches with me....funny. DH and I did some yard work tonight.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2013

Babysat for a 3 and 5 year old for 11 hours today and also managed to get in a good swim. I should sleep well tonight!

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

confession time - my brain isn't working properly, yesterday I was juggling the dog sitting and then dealing with doing the 5k or the Les Mills quarterly that weekend and I decided on the quarterly as I would just be away for the day and not overnight so booked it ... yep all good, well this afternoon I realized that I've completely left out the month of August, I'm minding the dogs next weekend but the 5k and quarterly are the 2nd week of September not August, too late to change my mind now, LM quarterly is bought and paid for (insert idiot button here)

Good to hear all went well LB and yes don't fall off the ballWink  Ginger running after toddlers is exhausting.  Tonight did Body Combat.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited August 2013

Congrats flannelette on 5 years!  heidi  Hope that you're off to a nice holiday.  ruth  My dog joins in on pilates sessions, she sits on the mat and oftentimes gets in the way!  Ginger   whew - busy day for you yesterday!  cheryl  Hope that LM quarterly works out for you.  

Got in an hour trail hike with my dog yesterday - temp was a bit cooler, thank goodness.   Haven't been running much with the hotter temps, hope to get it going again once the weather cooperates.  This afternoon I plan on a pilates mat session with DS.  

Off the States tomorrow with DD - 6 month check-ups, shopping and looking forward to a nice visit with my god daughter. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2013

All I managed was a nice walk at lunch yesterday, better than nothing, but so need to get back to the gym.  Nice dinner last night with an old high school friend and her husband, though the husband wasn't very talkative - but the rest of us managed to keep a nice conversation going.  And I have the leftovers for lunch today!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Ack - just had a whole post and lost it!  Frown

Cheryl - what an amazing day you've planned for yourself.  I'm not sure whether to admire you or worry about you! Tongue Out  Pat - the Nike Fuelband is a bracelet you wear around your wrist.  It's basically a souped up pedometer that tracks movement.  It records Fuelpoints, calories, steps, and even the current time.  When we walked around DC, Patoo and Badger had pedometers, and all three were pretty consistent with the steps they tracked, so that was a nice check for me for the Fuelband's accuracy.  Since the Fuelband tracks movement, you tend to get earn more points for active things like running and fewer for things like yoga and weight training.  For instance, yesterday I ran for half an hour and earned over 1,000 points.  Today I did a fairly rigorous weights workout that included lunges and squats, but barely topped 300 points, so I'll need to so some extra walking today to make my goal of 3,000.  But that's all good too.  Having to make that goal every day keeps me moving!

Had my routine MO appt yesterday.  All is well, and I've "graduated" from follow up every 6 months to yearly appointments.  Woohoo!  She said that most of the s/e from letrozole should wear off after about 3 months.  I stopped July 1 and can already feel some of the s/e easing, so I'll be eager to see how I feel in another few months.  She said the hot flashes should decrease, I should have a bit easier time with losing weight, I should feel less fatigue and joint/muscle aches, and my memory should get better.  Can't wait!

Yesterday in addition to my run we walked the 2 mile round trip to our local Mexican restaurant, where I promptly undid all the good of my exercise with chips and margaritas! Tongue Out  This morning was the Power90 Sculpt workout.

Total points earned yesterday: 4,445.

• flannelette
    flannelette Member Posts: 398
    edited August 2013

I'm taken with the idea of a daily goal....or whichever goal works. Would a NIKE fuelband work in water?

My own goal is to swim every swimmable day from July 1 (when water is warm enough) to as long as I can go. We have long hot falls these past years, and it takes a large body of water a long time to cool down, and as long as there are no freezing nights, water here can stay warm enough into early October. I have gone swimming on the same day as guys are going out duck-hunting! (they go far away).

If you go every day you know what to expect, until the days when you can't put your head under water as your ears hurt - then:-( it's time to quit.

In the best of all worlds I'd have a small but deep pool in my house - and in the winter, would jump in & watch a snowstorm. Or go to the Turks & Caicos islands.:-)

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

It's supposed to hit 103 degrees here today. We're in triple digits every day now by the late afternoon. I went with my DH to take the 3 dogs for a long walk on the nature trail at the park early this morning. The trail is all shaded by trees, so that was actually pleasant. Wanted to go swimming when I got home, but for some reason the neighborhood pool is closed today, so I drove to the gym only to find their pool was unavailable due to a class. It would have been smart if I had checked online first. So I did some walking/slow jogging intervals around the neighborhood, which was not pleasant by mid-morning, but oh well.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Flannette, I'd vote for the islands!!!

Congratulations, Mary on your graduation to yearly appointments. A kind of funny story: at first I was very nervous about waiting a whole year between rechecks, so my onc agreed to let me come back after 8 months, at which point I was thinking, "Why in the hell did I want to do this?" So after that checkup he raised his eyebrow and asked "Well, do you want to schedule for 8 months from now again?" I told him that I thought that I could now psychologically handle waiting a year, at which point he laughed.  Now, of course, I want to go back NEVER!

Half an hour of lower body, walked, and am now watering the yard, which takes enough hauling hoses around to count for a little exercise anyway.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited August 2013

Joy, enjoy your visit to the states.

Took a very warm woods walk with dog and DH this afternoon. We got lost and hubby held back from being cross - bless. Wink

• phillybird
    phillybird Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2013
  • SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Flanalette-brrrrrrrr...are you a future polar bear swimmer? I think I must have been a cat in my last life--swimming is not my forte.  I live in fear that I will fall off my kayak one of these days!

Claire-I meant to tell you how much I like your picture.  It has such energy to it...very inspiring for me as I work on my cycling.

Today I had a good long run on the treadmill at the gym and then went to mat pilates.  The regular instructor is back from vacation and was very enthusiastic...ouch!

Taking tomorrow off I think.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Just a quick note. Fast walked/ran this evening. Humidity is still high.

Ruth: Dd and I drove through a terrible storm on the highway yesterday. Almost pulled over twice b/c of the rain and low visibility. Then the fog wouldn't be as dense so I kept going. Only thing missing was the lightning, thunder, and cloud burst! Surprised

Cheryl: You're going to need your special towel when you do all those classes in one day!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

hi ladies, beautiful evening here so walked for an hour after work in addition to stretching my legs over lunch break.  Logged 10.22 km = 6.35 miles for the day.

Joy, safe travels!

Mary, congrats on going annual.  Did you celebrate with a free dessert?  Wink

flannelette, one of my favorite memories is being in an outdoor hot tub during a snowfall and watching the snowflakes melt in the steam.  Yes, I did jump out and roll in a snowdrift before jumping back in.  Intense!

Cheryl, you go girl!  You're a little bit crazy but that's one of the reasons we love you!  Kiss

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

Only logged one mile today but then I steam cleaned LR, DR and kitchen floors just now.  That was a workout by itself made even harder because I think my shark is on it's way out. 

Night sculpted friends.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Wonderland, we drove through a downpour on our way home from our Book Club outing the other day, and it made me think of our scary ride!

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

Joy travel safely.  Mary congratulations on your graduationCool  Wonderland I'm going to the OC Fair tomorrow night and if they have towels I was going to get you all one BUT maybe I should start knitting scarves for next yearWink  Patoo my steamer is on it's way out too every time I push it, the handle comes away in my hand!!!  Flannelette what about getting yourself a wetsuit for the winter months.  Badger it takes one crazy to know anotherSurprised

Tonight did Spin class.