Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2013

These are my crazy spin instructors#2 in pink and #1 in blue, their passion is bikini bodybuilding, in a recent competition they came in 1st and 2nd #2 is 59 and #1 is 51, they are amazing women and they are both encourage and push me to my limit and my aspiration is to have "guns" like #2Tongue Out

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited August 2013

Cheryl, it's the Tri and Iron women who offer me inspiration. 

I over did it yeserday and feel it today.  I'm very paranoid of getting another seroma on my right hip, and that area had lipo at the incision edge and beyond so I've got to chill.  I know better and slipped up on self care.  DH is going in for MRI this afternoon for lump on neck.  The wheels are being put back on me and his are looking to be starting to fall off - crap.  Oh dear, reads like post anesthesia blues to me. This too shall pass.Undecided 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2013

Take it easy Lilac. Let us know how your DHs appointment goes.

Cheryl, yikes, 'bikini bodybuilding'! Lucky I live in North Dakota where it is more like 'parka bodybuilding'! Wink

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Took the dogs for an early morning one mile walk and plan to do the weight machines and stretching at the gym today.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Flannel - unfortunately the Fuelband is water resistant but not waterproof, so it can't be used for swimming.  Frown

Wonder and Ruth - bad storm flashbacks - yikes!  Surprised  Badger - yes, we absolutely did celebrate with a free dessert.  Agree 100% that a hot tub in the snow is one of the best things in the world - we have one up at the cabin and I love sitting out on a crisp snowy night.  Patoo - Steam N Sculpt definitely counts as exercise. Lilac - take care of yourself!

Half hour run this morning. Just two bunnies. 

Total points yesterday: 3,039 (just made it to my 3,000 goal!)

Off to the cabin tonight!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Finished watering, sculpted with the FIRM girls & took a fun walk. As I went out the door, I heard the sound of drums coming from the area of the high school, I walked over there & got in on some of the summer band kids practicing on a field for a half-time show during the upcoming football season. They sounded great for early August (working on Chicago's Make Me Smile).

Later this afternoon, DH and I will head for a town about 100 miles away where we will meet up with a group of friends for our annual 'Night at the Ballpark'. This town has a really good semi-pro team with lots of promos, fun between innings (fireworks tonight after the game), so we will get to watch some high quality baseball, eat ball park food, visit, and rout, rout, rout for the home team. (DC ladies, it will be cool enough that I think I can manage to keep my bra on for the whole, entire game Tongue Out).

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Yes, that night ballgame in DC was steamy in more ways than one!  Laughing

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

LOL

• lilacblue
    edited August 2013

Ruth, enjoy tonight and Mary I have been following the other diep toaster thread.  I liked your diffused and helpful responses. 

Lying low and pain has been high today. The MRI for DH had to be rescheduled due to the machine blowing a fuse.  More lessons in patience for all of us. 

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Went to the gym on my midday break and did upper & lower body weight machines, slow jogging on the treadmill and stretching.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited August 2013

Walked after work - 3,64 miles today.  Then vacuumed hall and 2 flights of steps and still have to do 2 BR's before Stanley Steemer gets here tomorrow morning to clean the carpets.  Hip already screaming. 

Night sculpted friends.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

Took today off work and got lots of errands done, incl dropping off car for oil change and walking home with two big hardcover books from the library (a new John Sandford and an old Vince Flynn, one for each hand) and some healthy groceries in a string backpack.  Walked back when car was done to pick it up and pay.  Logged 6.3 km = 3.92 miles for the day. 

Watching Brewers-Nats baseball on TV.  They're in Milwaukee.  Going to Sunday's game!  Cool

• flannelette
    flannelette Member Posts: 398
    edited August 2013

21 minutes running around in the St Lawrence river.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Ruth, hope you had a great nite in the park. Lilac, hope you feel better today and be gentle to yourself. Cheryl, your instructors are incredible.

Thursday night, I did 4 miles on the Elliptical and weights. Took yesterday off work to have a plumber out so I was able to get some good exercise in. Ran/fast walked 3.5 miles on the treadmill in the a.m. then aqua jogged for an hour in the afternoon. Misty rain here today so I am going to join patoo on the clean & sculpt which definitely counts as a workout in my humble opinion....

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Walked for an hour (I was grumbling when I went out the door, so DH asked why I didn't wait and walk this afternoon....it's because I am too lazy to take two showers and get dressed and made up twice in one day!).

The ballgame was very fun, and the fireworks afterwards were awesome (with Ray Charles singing his tremendous versions of America the Beautiful and It's a Wonderful World in the background).

(I will now give an extended version of the game, so you can skip it if your name is not MARY Wink......the home team was behind 3-2 in the bottom of the 9th, there were two outs and the bases were loaded. The team has been dealing with lots of injuries so the coach had phoned a former player, who now teaches and has just been playing city league ball for the last three years, and asked if he'd come out and play with them just for the weekend, to give the injured players a chance to rest up. Anyway, there's 3 on and two out and this former player is called in to pinch bat (for the pitcher who was due up next). What happens? He hits a grand slam homerun!!!! Talk about fun!)

• patoo
    edited August 2013

Shark steamed floors look terrible; can't possibly be clean.  After Stanley leaves will head out for old fashioned mop and do them right.  Rainy here today so that will be my exercise.

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited August 2013

While I was away on my little island vacation Monday-Friday I stayed active. Did two 6.25 hikes up and around a lake, one with my daughter who came over. Wed. then Thursday with another friend we climbed Mt. Gardiner, elevation gain of over 800 m and it took us 4.5 hours total. Since my left upper/inner arm has a huge black/blue bruise from my fall off the bike in the tri last weekend, I had to be careful not to use it much. Ice and Ibuprofen have been my friends. Off to Vancouver Is. today with my son so he can do a competitive Olympic lenghth tri tomorrow~~Elk Lake so the swim is open water. Glad there is no short course!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2013

Cheryl your instructors are amazing.  I'd be afraid to take any kind of class with them-- they look really hardcore.

I'm four pages behind on this thread!  I've been moving furniture and landscaping junk (blocks, bricks, debris, buckets of water) and still hooped every day except yesterday.  The house I'm moving into is a 2-story, so lots of up and down stairs carrying boxes.  My poor knees pop and crackle on every trip.  I am hoping building muscle with squats will eventually help with the knee issues.

So due to Netflix I make a couple trips a week to a mailbox.  I learned the nearest mailbox at the new place is 1.2 miles away with hills!  That could be seen as a fitness challenge, right?  It's a fairly busy road but there's a sidewalk.  Quite a change from my house now where I often walk the half block to the box in my slippers.

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Went with my DH to take the dogs for their usual daily one mile walk early this morning. That will probably be it for me today. I'm working and feeling punky with a sore throat and it's crazy hot outside.

• fab1
    fab1 Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2013

hi all

I exercised for 30"mins in the park today. I really enjoyed my walk.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

hi ladies, just back from a 90-minute walk.  9.36 km = 5.82 miles.  ♥

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

I am back from my cycling adventure.  The advertised ride itself was nothing major.....15 miles around Mercer Island with a stop to watch the air show on a roof deck.  A second stop to buy lunch to eat while watching.  Our host made lattes for all of us....delish.

BUT....a moderate paced ride so kicked my butt.

And then, I decided to ride the six miles or so each way.  Nothing special, except I am unsure of the route which is hilly.  So at one point the bridge I wanted to take was 100' above me.  I continued via another route, which meant taking the sidewalk, crossing a street, and then walking up a very steep hill.  I finally got to the tunnel, and then the I90 bridge over Lake Washington.

Coming back, I did something similar.  The Mountains-to-Sound Trail is well marked.  Again, I could have gone over  the bridge I missed going over to watch the air show, but the trail continued down to what I though would be the waterfront, or near there.  Well sort of......  It ended at a street which goes over I5 (a good thing), but in no way anything you would want to cycle.  So I walked the steep sidewalk over the freeway.  This ended with a double staircase, so had to carry my bicycle down it.

At least, I knew where I was, and cycled the sidewalks over towards the waterfront, getting off and walking the 20 or so train tracks.  I finally snuck around a back way and joined a trail I know well.

So quite the adventure.  All that said, much better than being stuck in traffic.

The air show was great fun, if not quite the Blue Angels. - Claire

• patoo
    edited August 2013

fab1, doing great - keep it up!  Hi all.  After carpet cleaners left washed LR, DR and kitchen floors then went and walked = 3.9 miles.  I am officially worn out (and hurting) for today.  Hmmmm, wonder if ibuprofen, which has become almost my best friend each night, is fattening?  No calorie count on the container!

Night my sculpted friends.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Claire: Quite the adventure in deed!

Patoo: It's the food that you're suppose to eat when taking ibuprofen that's fattening. Wink

Cheryl: Your instructors are amazing!

Ruth: I bet the crowd went wild!

Fast walked/ran this evening. Need to do yardwork but that will have to be another day.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited August 2013

Swam the half mile at the Tri course this morning. My shoulder was giving me some trouble so it took 25 minutes but I did it...

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Dragged myself out for 31 minutes of running and 31 minutes of brisk walking. 5 miles averaging 12:20 overall.

• lilacblue
    edited August 2013

Fab1, August looks to be a good month weather wise for walking and sunning, good for you SAB and Claire, quite a urban ride.  Odie, I've gotten the pain under control, that was my real problem. Super powers thinking usually gets me in trouble.Wink

We have an acre and half and I've taken a walk around our field a few times this monring.

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Walked the dogs our go-to route this morning, which is one fairly hilly mile. Still not feeling up to par - probably a garden variety virus.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Well, I'm working on my cycling skills (nonexistent right now) so I took my bike up our mountain road this morning...2 miles with a slight to moderate grade (about 5-20%) and no breaks- a real grind for a newbie rider like me.  Claire, you could probably ride that road and juggle and talk on the phone all at the same time, but I nearly purged my breakfast!  The ride down was easier, but I admit my brakes got a workout. May go again late afternoon.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Rest day for me however may have to take a walk anyway as it is gorgeous here.