Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited October 2013

Cute costume Mary! 

My fitness age per the fitness test is younger than 20... 

Did incline training on the treadmill tonight plus weights. Happy Halloween to all my favorite spooks!

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited November 2013

thank you ladies, looks like another day without walking.  :(

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited November 2013

If you measure in centimeters instead of inches, your 'score' is a lot worse (I knew there was a reason why I always hated the metric system Winking....gosh I hate these emoticons, they look demented!).

Subbed & then walked in the trees, which was kind of spooky with no leaves. I am now getting lots of exercise running up and down the stairs answering the door for trick-or-treaters. DH finally went to the doctor today & got some drugs. I am hanging in there & staying as far away from him as possible!!!!

Congrats on finishing chemo, soriya. Give yourself a few days to get the crap out of your system....

Cute costume, Mary! I wanted to mention that my sister used to live in Colorado, hence the Broncos sweatshirt. I guess she got paid back for their win by having to watch the Vikings (her other favorite team) with a roomful of Packer Backers!! Ouch!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited November 2013

Soriya: Congratulations!

Ruth: Glad your dh went to the doctor. Hope you get better.

Mary: Cute, cute, cute!!! You also could have gone as a mama bear since you've seen one up front and personal.

Happy Halloween all! We turned off the light at 9pm after having a little over 100 trick-or-treaters. They were so cute! I only walked once this week but plan to change that - starting tomorrow!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited November 2013

My fitness age was 47, real age 58. Seriously, you all are measuring your waist in cm, not inches, right? Because when I put in my waist measurement in inches, I was "younger than 20." Winking Anyway, I just walked the dogs.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2013

Real age 63 fitness age 54 if I put my waist in inches I was younger than 20 too, dang those metricsDevil

Tonight did a Spin class, the gym was empty. I didn't get home till 7pm bought 5 bags of candy, just turned off the light at 9pm a total of one set of four kids who politely took one piece of candy each guess who gets to eat the 5 bags Loopy

• goldie4040
    goldie4040 Member Posts: 404
    edited November 2013

Cute costume, Nats.

Ruth, glad your husband went to the doc, how are you? Looks like you haven't gotten his bug yet.

Question for anybody who has implants. When you still had your expanders how much upper body exercise did you do, if any at all?

I walked tonight even though I was dodging trick or treaters most of the way. That was after I walked the grandkids around with my DIL first. Also did some upper body stuff on my total gym earlier in the day.

I am being cheap, and ordered a pedometer off of Amazon. It had almost 5000 reviews, and it was almost 5 starts, so I figured I would give it a try before I spend the money on a Fitbit, or a Nike Fuel.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited November 2013

Great costume idea & execution Mary. Just finished with the crowds of kids. Lots of cuties.

Hooped for 30 minutes, and a bit extra later tonight. Ate lots of candy but hey it's Halloween.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited November 2013

thanks, ruthbru - how are you feeling today?

Congrats, Soriya!

Thank you, _ann_... One year our new fridge stopped working the week before Christmas. Our grown kids wanted to know what we were serving for Christmas dinner. We told them "whatever you bring - we have NO food on hand." That worked so well we were tempted to try it every year...

Thanks, heidihill - you're taking Tango lessons? Strap on that pedometer, Girl!!!

NatsFan - you make a cute baby panda! I remember dressing up at work - kind of miss those fun times...

Goldie - I didn't do much upper body stuff with my expanders in, but I did a lot of walking, biking, and water aerobics. I just modified the water exercises so I could do them.

~~~~~

Well, had a myofascial release massage this morning; felt SO much better afterwards. Went to the nursery and got a bunch of bedding plants for winter color; planted a few before dinner.

Pedometer shows 10,605 steps for today. Wish it was more - had Halloween candy for dinner!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited November 2013

Lots to catch up on here, I won't get the chance to read everything. My exercise these days is walking my dog and I take the chance to do this whenever I can. Some days I don't get any activity - oh well. We've had some nice fall days here, not looking forward to the dark days of winter though with the time change.

My dear friend that had a suspicious mammogram went for her biopsy yesterday. She asked me about what the procedure is like and I told her that it wouldn't be a big deal, not to worry. (It wasn't a big deal for me.) She unfortunately had a bad time of it, 7 pokes for 2 masses found and it took a long time. She said that the radiologist was audio-taping the process and really taking his time. Sad I fear that she will be diagnosed with BC, and so hoping that this isn't the case. I'm glad to be available to hold her hand but this is so hard to go through with her.

Today was All Saints Day here in Hungary, Day of the Dead in other countries. A sad time for me, we are moving forward and there are days that are okay but it's still difficult to not have DH with us.

What's up with the strange new emoticons? This one is especially weird Snooze

((Hugs)) hope that everybody is doing okay

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Joy, thinking of your during this time that is difficult all the way around. Have you thought more about moving back to the states? Sending lots of hugs!

On the lighter side, here is how I interpret some of the new emoticons (feel free to add on):

Sick I have drunk some poison, or eaten spoiled food. Either way, I am about to throw up!

Loopy I have gulped down too much wine, or hit my head against a wall and have a concussion....or maybe one thing led to the other.....

SnoozeSomeone has stabbed me in the head with a nail!

WinkingWhy don't you come up and see me sometime, big boy?

DevilI am both very horny AND very crabby.....perhaps I'm a 50 Shades of Gray person?

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

An hour of spot toning with Denise.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited November 2013

ruth, LOVE your emoticon dictionary! Lol.

Walked around a huge antique mall for an hour. Not much for cardio, but it's a start back in the right direction.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

Cheryl, I would offer to help you out with the 5 bags of candy but that is just too many hours on the treadmill...lol.

Heidihill, bet the tango lessons are great fun. A couple of my girl friends and I took belly dancing classes a few years ago. What a hoot!!

Joy,  no words just hugs..

Ruth, love your interpretation of the emoticons. Agree completely. 

Equal time tonight on the Elliptical and bike plus weights. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Yep, Ruth, I think you nailed those new emoticons! Snooze

Walked the dogs today and did some housework which I'm totally counting.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited November 2013

Set out plants (pansies, violas, and cyclamen) for the gardener to plant. Almost as much work as planting them myself!

A little short on the steps tonight... will probably end up under 8,000.

Tomorrow, DH takes all the leftover Halloween candy to church for the youth groups. Whew!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2013

Great news! The wine bar crowd LOVED the Pumpkin Ale stewed oxtails. Served with mashed potatoes and carrots. My friend who manages the place said that her chef husband was itching to go, and that I should take that as a compliment.

I woke up with the cold thingy that is going around. Just dragging a bit and a cough. Did my run anyway, but wasn't the most productive day I can remember.... Treating with leftover steak, veggies, wine, and a bit of brandy (plus chrysanthemum tea with honey, a sure sign things are less than optimal). I saved a bit of stew for myself, so may be very glad I did that tomorrow. Can't wait to sleep in.

Not sure about tomorrow. If 35 mph winds, I will bag cycling. But an interesting show at the Frye, and I would love to lay in more fall veggies.

Minimal candy, but at the same time, feel sorry for kiddies who were served "healthy alternatives". One day of indulgence per year! (Note: this should not stretch into months of eating Halloween candy.) It was actually fun eating cheese "bones" snacks. Not to mention, chocolate 'shrooms.

Winter is coming. Snow on Mount Rainier was just spectacular with the setting sun on it. So was the glorious color of the Puget Sound.

Snow in the mountain passes predicted for this weekend.....skiing is around the corner. YAY!!!!!! - Claire

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited November 2013

Here for inspiration. Congrats to all of you who continue to go go go!

• goldie4040
    edited November 2013

Ruth, love the emoticon dictionary!

My husband is off from work on Friday and Saturday. On Friday we like to run errands to try and avoid crowds. On Saturday is our house day. I usually have a fairly good "honey do" list for him.

I only did some Pilates spot toning this afternoon, and then tonight I babysat my 2 grandsons. I am pooped. 2 little boys for 4 hours is enough exercise for anybody.

Blessings, I got rid of my candy too...lol

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited November 2013

Ruth: Too funny on your emoticon descriptions!

Cheryl: What in the world are you going to do with your leftover candy?!?!?

Claire: Glad everyone enjoyed your dish!

I rakes leaves for 1 hour. The wind picked up like it was going to storm. More leaves fell down and you hardly could tell where I had just raked! Loopy

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Last night I went to bed not feeling good and woke up feeling OK, BUT with no voice (which some would argue is not necessarily a bad thing Loopy).

It was really nice out here so I walked for an hour (at a somewhat scraggily pace) and did a little pilates. Spent the rest of the day washing all the bedding & towels & lysoling every single surface in the house;  including light switches, phones etc. I can't decide if I should try to plow through all the mail next or sit down & enjoy being 'sick'...I do need my voice back so better behave. Next week, I have things that will involve me talking Monday through Wednesday!!!

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Had a nice, long walk with DH and the dogs on this beautiful, cool, crisp, sunny day. Also went to the gym and did strength training.

• Dulcigirl
    edited November 2013

Did a little mall walking after dinner at Outback. The weather outside is still pretty frightful.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited November 2013

I walked for an hour today. It was 65 and sunny. Absolutely beautiful day!

Tomorrow I am walking a 5k fundraiser in memory of my colleague's 6 month old daughter who died from a rare liver cancer. Money is being raised for our local children's hospital.

• goldie4040
    edited November 2013

Ruth, watch the voice. I lost my voice for 2 weeks last winter. Finally had to go to an ENT. Never did figure out what caused it, but they more I talked the worse it got. I was put on strict silence for 2 days...lol. My husband loves it.

Walked tonight. Not much else. I did cook a big pot of meat sauce, and then froze individual dinner's for my grandson's. They love my sauce, and their mom is so busy with working, and taking care of both of them, it's the least I can do.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2013

Take it easy Ruth, hope the voice comes back soon. Dulci you had better have done some mall walking if you had one of their blooming onionsSillyHeartWonderland I think I would have been using some not very nice words after all your hard work raking had been blown (pun intended) Happy

This morning did amazing spin class and then followed up with Boot Camp, then of course blew all the good work by going out for lunch with friends, oh well.......

• Dulcigirl
    edited November 2013

lol. No Bloomin' Onion!! Salad and my fav Alice Springs Chicken. Yummy. Not sure of the calorie count, but we'll see what the scale says in the morning. Shocked But I used my juicer for brunch and had some toast to tide me over, soooooo.....(crossy-fingers emoticon)

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited November 2013

Ha! I love the emoticon dictionary. "Nailed it" indeed Snooze

Put on some Aimee Mann and hooped a bit over 30 minutes. Also house stuff- finally tackled the great pile of kitchen stuff that had no homes. Only a few things left to go. Also working on scouring the tile & grout counters and sink with a little brush and baking soda. The sink is actually white!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited November 2013

Saturday treadmill and weights. 

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

30 minutes of toning, that's all!