Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited November 2013

Ginger: Sorry about your colleague's daughter. Hope there was a good turn out for the 5k.

Ann: Grout is so hard to clean. I bet you feel successful with your white sink!

Cheryl: Could you hear me all the way across the country? Smile

I raked for almost 2 hours today. Dh helped for an hour so were able to clear quite a few leaves. We have a huge chestnut tree in the backyard and the leaves are really big on it. Add in a few other trees and we have a lot of leaves! Then we have to drag the leaves to the curb in the front yard. Then there's the side yard and the front yard. Once we rake up the majority of them then we can mow.

We finally bought a new push mower! I now own 2 non working push mowers and one non working riding mower. Shocked

After raking I went for a 20 minute walk/run. The air is sweet with autumn.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2013

My exercise was walking to Safeway for a few groceries and cough syrup. I am down for the count and have a busy week ahead.

May get in a nap. I did make a chicken soup last night so will finish today. One of the groceries was kale to boost the nutrients along with some wild rice and mushrooms (from Pike Place...wild ones).

Chrysanthemum tea with honey is the pitsSick - Claire

• goldie4040
    goldie4040 Member Posts: 404
    edited November 2013

Claire, sorry you are under the weather. Hope you got a nap.

I am just about to go for my walk. Did some lower body total gym early.

Wonderland, glad you got to rake. I will be hiring the job out this year due to my expander's, and my exchange on Dec. 3rd. Can't wait till I can get back in the game again. My husband is working too hard these days, and I want to take some of the burden off of him.

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited November 2013

thanks, Wonderland. It was a great event! Very upbeat, lots of children's activities including a 1k fun run for the kids.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited November 2013

Had another beautiful day here and enjoyed a nice walk with DH & the "puppy girls" Although 2 of them are 8 yrs. old and the youngest is almost 3, they are still my puppies. Left to right: Penny, Zoe & Gypsy.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited November 2013

Wonderland the leaf-raking brings back good memories but it sounds like hard work. Not many leaves to rake here.

Hiked about 2 miles and hooped a bit. Also did some bent over rows with my 12 pound weights. I need some upper body muscle.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited November 2013

Annie, it looks like you wore the puppy girls out!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited November 2013

Annie - what a cute picture of the puppy girls! Claire - hope you feel better soon. Ruth - love your interpretation of the new icons. Ginger - glad the 5K was a success for a good cause. Dulci - my DH loves the Alice Springs chicken too. We have a calorie law in our county, so all chain restaurants have to put calorie counts next to menu items. It's been interesting seeing how some of the dinner salads actually have more calories than some of the regular dinner entrees - here I'd thought I was being good by ordering a dinner salad, when I could have had a real dinner for fewer calories.Shocked

Like Wonder said, it's leaf raking time. And since DH so conveniently tore that ligament in his wrist, he's not available for leaf duties, so it's just me. Cleaned the gutters at the cabin Sunday. DH gets on the roof with the leaf blower when he does it. But I don't have a great sense of balance, so I just went up and down the ladder instead with the leaf blower, so that was a lot of leg and upper body work. Then we came home and I raked the yard. We have a ton of trees in our yard, and it looks like only about a third of the leaves are down, so I definitely have more raking to do. I'm getting my upper body workouts in!

A bit tired from all the leaf taming activities, but managed 20 minutes on the elliptical this morning.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited November 2013

Still managing to get my 10000 steps a day in, but with the time change that will pretty much eliminate walking outside when I get home from work. I now walk down the hall at work at least once an hour, which is helping to add steps. Haven't been to the gym in a while, but am managing some classical stretch in addition to the steps. Busy week coming up with something every night except tomorrow, not sure where I'm going to get all my steps in! Did a bunch of yard work over the weekend, I'm counting muscling around the garden cart full of rakings as an upper body workout!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Did 30 minutes Arms/Abs/Buns of Steel and went to the really fun evening Zumba class.

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Took a nice long walk again today with DH and the puppy girls. We all have more stamina now that the weather has cooled down. Well, DH always has lots of stamina - he's a runner / cyclist like Claire.

I also went to the gym to work out on the weight machines. My right shoulder is painful and trying to freeze up. If I hadn't had a frozen left shoulder 3 years ago, before BC, I'd blame it on the Arimidex. As it is I can't blame it on anything but age.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

AnnieLane, 

What beautiful fur babies...

Went to the gym today for 20 minutes on the Elliptical and bike each plus weights. 

• wonderland
    edited November 2013

AnnieLane: Your puppy girls are precious!

Goldie: Enjoy your year off from raking! Hiring someone else to do it is a nice present for your busy husband.

Mary: Sounds like you really got a good workout climbing up and down the ladder! Hope dh's wrist is feeling better.

I raked more today - only for 40 minutes. I walked/ran for 20 minutes then attended a night meeting.

• goldie4040
    edited November 2013

You girls put me to shame. I was totally lazy today. It has been raining all day, so no walk for me, and I think it will rain tomorrow too!Sad I did steam clean one of the bathroom's today. I really like not using chemical cleaner's if I don't have to. So that took some all over body movement, but other than that, I was a slug.

I brought dinner over to my son, and DIL's especially for my grandkids because they love my meat sauce so much. This is how I found them. LOL.

Long day at school, I guess, and the time change hasn't helped either

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited November 2013

Love the pups!  Hope Claire is feeling better. Tired myself out on treadmill tonight, hope to look just like goldies grandkids soon. 

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited November 2013

Gosh, you ladies are just the Energizer Bunnies!

I slept in late, got up for a while to check my email and other essentials, then went back to bed and slept til 5:30 p.m. Been feeling like a cold is coming on, and my go-to treatment is sleep!!!

The gardener comes once a week, and for a few hours the yard looks nice until the wind blows... then the leaves cover everything. I've been thinking about having DH go out with the leaf blower, and actually blow the leaves off the trees to speed the process up.

Keep on truckin', everyone. Y'all are still motivating me!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2013

Annie your girls are gorgeous, and Goldie those boys are adorable. Nats/Dulcie I'm going to have to try that Alice Springs chicken, I always go for Filet Mignon at OutbackSmile Claire hope you are feeling better.

Did Sh'bam class this morning and then Spin class tonight, have to say it was hard leaving the house in the dark to go to the gym tonight.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited November 2013

40 minutes of jump board yesterday, I'm feeling it today. I'm getting some inspiration from all of the activity here.

ruth We may make the move back to the States next summer, look forward to coming back home.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Glad you are coming home, joy.

I'm off to sub. Did not get up for the early Zumba. I am still fighting with the cold too and I just felt too BLAH to drag myself out there. I will do something tonight.

We could get T shirts that say, "We're so tough that we wear out children and dogs!"

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited November 2013

Goldie - how adorable! I like Ruth's t-shirt idea!

20 minute Pilates DVD this morning, then for a change I dragged out the WiiFit and did some "bicycling" some "hooping" and some "skateboarding". I'm glad it wasn't real skateboarding - with as much as I crashed into things, I'd be in traction now! Shocked

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited November 2013

The usual walk at lunch, and classical stretch this morning, with a little retail therapy thrown in. Singing in a concert Thursday and Friday night, and we will now wear black shirts instead of white, so I needed to go get some appropriate black shirts to wear. 10,000 steps yesterday!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2013

Thanks for the good wishes, but still dragging. I did a mile + walk plus weights and crunches yesterday. Somehow made it through work too. Hoping to feel better by this weekend so I can get back on the bike.

I have my last cycling club board meeting tonight. Have to attend as missed everything since August. I am so glad to be done. I welcomed the company/involvement three years ago, but now in a different time of my life.

One of the fun things this past weekend I did was watch Everyminute virtually (via Facebook) as she did the NYC marathon in just over 4 hours!!! Talk about better than ever. She is there now, and 5 years ago was weak as a dishrag at Sloan Kettering. That is how life can work out.

I am so proud of her. - Claire

• goldie4040
    edited November 2013

Claire, that is an inspiring story about Everyminute. Is she still on these boards?

Ruth, I hope you cold takes a hike, and you start to feeling yourself again. You too, Claire

Joy, what is Jump board? Excuse my ignorance...lol. Glad you did it, but I don't know what it is.

More cleaning, and bed stripping today. It seems to have stopped raining, so I will get my walk in later. I did do upper body on total gym this morning, but I have to be really careful with that till I after my exchange, which can't come soon enough.

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Took a walk in the drizzle with DH and two of the puppy girls. The third, Penny, the Vizsla, won't set foot out the front door if the weather isn't to her liking.

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited November 2013

Natsfan, I sent you a pm. Thank you.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited November 2013

goldie Below is an example of pilates jump board. I usually don't do the funky theraband arm work, just the jump variations. It's a good cardio workout, and if done correctly really works the abs. This is done on a pilates reformer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D26Qh5Qo1s

• wonderland
    edited November 2013

Joy: So glad to see you and that jump board looks like crazy fun!

Blessings: I read one time that sleep is an excellent physician. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Goldie: Love you picture of your grandchildren! Adorable.

Ruth and Claire: Hope you get relief soon.

Hello Everyone. I had a long meeting today so didn't have time to rake but I was able to get in a 20 minute walk/run.

• goldie4040
    edited November 2013

Joy, I love that. I have a total gym, and I can do the same thing on that. I am so glad I asked!!! Thank you for sharing the video.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

That jump board looks really fun.

Claire, you and I must have the same bug. Good Grief, it is getting boring! I had to suck on a whole bag of Sucrets for my voice to make it through the day (and they make you rather sick to your stomach after about the tenth one!), came home and did a totally unusual thing: I went to bed! I just got up awhile ago & put on a nice peaceful abs DVD, did the warm up, said 'Nope, not gonna work', and now am back in bed. I HOPE to walk with my ladies tomorrow morning.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

Claire and Ruth, I hope that bug goes away soon.. I am a firm believer in resting when your body needs it. 

Joy, that jump board looks awesome..

I am always inspired by those who run marathons. What an accomplishment..

Went to the gym today and ran three miles on the treadmill plus did some toning and weights.