Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

Honor and thank every man or woman who has served our country including my Dad and FIL. 

Did 30 minutes on the Elliptical plus toning and weights tonight. Was going to do several miles on the bike too but it was not to be...

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2013

This morning did Sh'bam and tonight Cardio Dance Party, so today I was a dancin' foolSinging

Found this on youtube, seems I've done all these dances but not the leaps Winkinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFFzwjMyICI

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited November 2013

Body balance at the gym this am.

Thank you for your ongoing support of my DH's recovery. Slow on that front. In between tube feeds 5x's daily and morphine every four hours (we get up at 2:30am), constantly wearing a 75mg Fentanyl patch in addition of other drugs, it's actually a very laborious process and gratefully accepted as the means to the end.

I too think my husband will make it a full and complete remission Claire. For living in 2013, we still have slash, burn and poison as the front line option to fight cancer. From my 7 week, 5 days - 3 hours or more a day observation in a packed to the rafters oncology center, throat cancer treatment is the most painful and diabolical, imnsho.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited November 2013

I am glad you are taking some time to get in a little exercise, Lilac. I think you need that to help you get through the rest of the day. Hugs to you & DH.

Went to a late movie so skipped early morning Zumba & will take in Core and More at 9:00.

Still thinking about Veterans Day, and wanted to share this picture of my dad and me at Arlington. In the fall of 2007, I had the privilege of accompanying him and 200 regional vets on an Honor Flight to Washington, D.C. to see their recently dedicated World War II Memorial. A trip of a lifetime. If you notice my hair, it's a wig. I was about two months post-treatment. How grateful I was to be there!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited November 2013

Annie - I had a dog named Gypsy once. She was a wise old soul. She's been gone for years now, but I still miss her. Cheryl - I think you were asking about my Fuelband and if I notice it around my wrist. I'm not a wristwatch wearer so I did notice it for the first week or so, but now I don't notice it at all. It comes with sections you can insert or take out, so you can get as loose or as tight a fit as is comfortable for you. Badger - good to see you! LB - your dh is so lucky to have you, just as you were lucky to have him during your treatment. The throat cancer treatment process sounds brutal, but as you say, it's a means to an end and has to be thought of it that way. I hope that now that active treatment is coming to an end that his pain levels will begin to diminish.

Got in a nice hike this weekend at the cabin, did some chores, then did some more bear chasing - we found this big boy raiding one of the bird feeders early yesterday morning. We took a couple of pix through the window, then roared out banging our pots and pans, and he lumbered off. That'll get your heart going!

30 minute walk this morning - no exciting wildlife spotted - just some crows. Smile

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Oh my! I hope Mikey was safely locked away!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited November 2013

Wow, that's a big bear!

Ruth, what a wonderful pic of you and your dad and what a special memory. My dad lost his 18 yr old brother in the Battle of Midway. We sometimes go to the Admiral Nimitz Museum on Memorial Day and I have some wonderful pictures of him taken there.

• lilacblue
    edited November 2013

Thanks Ruth and always yes to more exercise - great photo of you and your dad, thanks Mary - don't feed the bears and Badger, keep on truckin'.

Both my parents are buried at Riverside National Cemetery (they served in the Air Force, where they met) and some day I hope to visit either on Vetreran's Day or Memorial Day to see all the flags out

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited November 2013

Mary, I can't believe that's a real bear! Wow!

Claire, the vine is either Riesling, Sylvaner or Cabernet Dorsa. Those are the ones grown there.

LB, hoping your husband's treatment side effects start abating soon. Hugs to you both.

My dad never actually saw action, unless you can call serving in the U.S. occupation force in Japan action. He spoke fluent Japanese so was in a troop of Japanese Americans. Ruth, nice that you got to share that trip with your dad.

Cheryl, loved the leaps in BodyJam 67 last night. They are not as bad as those Sh'bam leaps.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Heidi, my dad was on various Pacific islands, the Phillipines, and got in on the occupation of Japan also!

Did Core and stayed for Pilates.....which made me very hungry when I was grocery shopping!

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

My usual: dog walking and weight lifting. One of these days I'll have to try dog lifting and weight walking, just to mix it up a bit.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

LB,  glad you are able to get some time in for yourself (to exercise). Have a colleague who has been going thru throat cancer and I agree it is brutal. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for you both.

Mary, love your bear. From a distance....hee hee...   Ruth, what a great photo and wonderful memory. Annie, love the dog lifting idea!

Stuck to my usual Tuesday workout and ran/walked a couple miles tonight plus weights and squats. 

Happy Hump Day everyone!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited November 2013

hbcheryl - THAT'S your workout? I am SOOOO impressed!!! I did try Zumba but it killed my back and my knees, so I stick to walking or water aerobics.

ruthbru - Sweet pic of you and your dad. My 92 year old FIL was one of the first bunch of vets to be taken to the Memorial on the Honor Flight several years ago.

NatsFan - love the bear pic! We rarely saw the bears when we had our mountain house, but we always found their poop in the same place in our driveway. Guess that was their calling card.

~~~

Today all I exercised was my arm. It was Senior Thanksgiving Lunch at church today, and I just shoveled in turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, jello salads, and plenty of pumpkin pie scraped off the crust. It was worth it. YUM!

Tomorrow - back to walking.

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited November 2013

Hello Ladies,  wow chemo #6 hit me so hard...on my day 10 went to grocery store for 2 hours n come back home cook n clean for another hour so my ankles were swelling and sored.  Today is day 12 a little sore but the swelling seems to be okay....not as bad as day 10.  Today i walked to my kids school to pick them up n walked back home  about 20 mins and 40 mins groceries shopping that it my exercise for today :(  I cant wait to get my energy back.  

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited November 2013

Soriya, you are doing great! Mary, wow that bear looks huge. I have never seen a bear in the wild. Ruth, what a nice picture.

Did my 30 minutes hooping plus some extra, and about a 2 mile walk. The earlier darkness is messing up my hiking schedule. I have to get myself out earlier.

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

LB glad you are able to get to the gym, you need to take care of yourself in order to take care of your DH. Blessings, yes I've done all those dances but I am an old lady so I do a lot of it low impact, for instance I get dizzy if I twirl around, so I do step together step and you end up at the same place. Mary that sure is one big old bear, you're very brave chasing him off. Heidi have you done the Body Jam with the barrel roll? Now there's a moveShocked

Tonight did Body Step but I really wasn't into it, I kept feeling like I was going to fall off the step but I rallied and did Bootcamp, ooeee lots of squats tonight, I'll feel it in the morning.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Hang in there soriya!

Off to walk the parks with the Wednesday Ladies!

• NatsFan
    edited November 2013

Ruth - we posted at about the same time and I hadn't seen the picture of you and your dad - what a great memory to have. Yes, Mikey was safe inside when the bear arrived. I was sleeping in, and dh was in the living room reading the paper and just happened to glance up, and there he was! Cheryl - we've done a lot of research on bears lately, and although it makes a good story, we're really not that brave chasing him off. Black bears are rather shy and inoffensive and just want to be left alone, so any noise or other perceived threat is enough to chase them off. Grizzleys and polar bears are another story - they apparently tend to attack if provoked. If it was one of them, we'd be inside with the door locked tight!!!

Annie - LOL on the dog lifting! Soriya - hang in there with chemo.

Pilates DVD this morning.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited November 2013

Nursing a headcold, so I've slacked off on the exercise and 10k steps a bit, though did a bunch of yard work this weekend. Just feeling plugged up and lazy.

Went to MO yesterday, he is switching me from tamoxifen to arimidex, and wants me to get a baseline bone density done. Must say, not thrilled with trying to get used to a new medication after all this time. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

• lilacblue
    edited November 2013

Advanced freestyle step at the gym this morning.

(((Soriya))) dittoing Ann, you are doing great, and thanks Odie and HBCheryl

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Walking Wednesday, after which we ate enormous caramel rolls, will need to go to Zumba tonight to break even! 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2013

That's the same principle as the ride I will most likely do on Saturday. Stopping point midway is at the Black Diamond Bakery. Even with mega work and a late meeting yesterday, I got in a power walk/run plus my weights/crunches routine. A run later today.

I know we exercise because the best thing we can do for ourselves health-wise post active treatment, but being able to partake of bakery goodies is right up there as an incentive. - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

So true!!!!

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited November 2013

Went for a trail hike with my dog Lucy and a friend's 2 big rescue dogs, they made my boston terrier look like a miniature pooch. Happily they all got along and we had a good walk. Had a good visit afterwards too, fun to have company and watch the dogs socialize.

My dear friend called this afternoon to let me know that her biopsy results are back and she does have BC. Sad She's in the process of trying to find a surgeon and figure out what to do. Surgery and reconstruction in Hungary is different, sometimes mastectomy and reconstruction is not done at the same time. I'm so very sad for her - I have honestly not thought about BC for the past few months given all that I've gone through - this is pulling me back into it but I am more than willing to be there for my friend.

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Joy, sorry to hear this news about your friend. She's blessed to have your support.

My exercise was dog walking today, too. It's a beautiful crisp, clear day here.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited November 2013

Aw Joy, that's awful to have your friend hit with BC.

Pat I hope the cold moves on soon. I am scheduled for the tamoxifen to AI switch soon (another year?). Not looking forward to possible bone density loss that's for sure! More reason to exercise!

Claire this article cracked me up, and made me think of your attitude toward holiday food, it's called "How to make sure you get enough to eat at holiday parties" http://the-toast.net/2013/11/11/eating-tips-for-holiday-parties/

Did a 4 mile walk today and my 30 minutes of hooping. I'm working on twin hoops, lots of stuff spinning one hoop in each hand, and I'm feeling it in the upper body, which is good since I'm not otherwise doing upper body exercise.

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

Joy I am so sorry about your friend, your knowledge will be invaluable to her as she starts along this path. Love your philosophy Claire. Great picture Ruth, shall I just say 90 Degrees here todayHappy (((Soriya))) take care of yourself.

Did Sh'bam this morning and then Spin tonight.

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited November 2013

Joy, so sorry to hear about your friend :(, she very lucky to have you guide her thru this journey.  hbcheryl, I kno today is hot, i lived in anaheim hills so it like 90 degree.  i walked 35 mins today, so proud of myself.LOL....

• NatsFan
    edited November 2013

Wow - 30 degrees here this morning - just a bit of a temp difference from you California girls! Shocked Mikey spends a lot less time snarfing in the leaves on his walks these cold days - usually he ambles along and we're constantly tugging on him to move along. Not these days - he trots along briskly, pulling at the leash, just stopping long enough to do his thing. Saw two beautiful does in a neighbor's front yard the other night while walking him - they were only about 20 feet away and weren't bothered a bit by us - they just looked at us with those big doe eyes and waited for us to pass by. Joy - yes, your friend is very lucky to have you at this time in her life. We all remember those first few weeks after dx and how disorienting it is - you must feel like a beacon of stability for her. Ann - two hoops at one time? Now that's impressive! Sori - my dh grew up in LaHabra, which if I remember right is near Anaheim Hills. He said they could hear the fireworks at Disneyland every night. And yep, a 35 minute walk during chemo is quite impressive, so you have every right to be proud of yourself! Happy Ruth - everybody looks bundled in your picture, but where are everyone's gloves? Aren't your hands cold? My hands would be freezing. I guess ND gals are tough gals! Winking

30 minutes elliptical this morning.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

We had been walking awhile so our hands had warmed up....and, yes, we are tough and/or crazy Loopy.

My N.C. sister's husky is LOVING the colder weather. She almost pulls Karen off her feet on walks and does NOT want to come in the house at night. So she is in her glory and I think should move up here!

Joy, I am glad that you can help out your friend. I have (unfortunately) had the opportunity to help several local friends through the process & I know that they really, really appreciated it.

I did the evening Zumba last night (I think I am done with the 6 am thing!), and will do Core and Pilates this morning. Our high school volleyball team is playing in the regional tournament (being held here) at 2:00, so I think I will take in their game.....ah, the life of leisure ThumbsUp.