Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited November 2013

Oh you guys crack me up.

Almost 7 miles today--tried some new trails. A little bummed that we didn't get to go out yesterday too, but got so much done in preparation for my family coming for the holiday.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited November 2013

Happy Monday! Found this inspiring quote last night and wanted to share it with you all.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited November 2013

Love those red cycle shoes DulciThumbsUp Mary, hope the week starts off well for DH

Body Step at the gym this morning.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2013

Mornin' Glories!  Broke out the snow shovel this morning for the year's 1st session of Shovel & Sculpt.  Took a day off work so looking forward to another cup of coffee and a walk in the snow later.  I am one of those crazy people who like snow!  BTW yesterday's walk was 4.73 km = 2.94 mi.  Have a good week everyone.  ♥ to all

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited November 2013

Dulci - those shoes crack me up!

Claire - you continue to amaze me with your reports. You speak of a 20 mile ride as if it's a snap of the fingers easy peezy. Kudos to you for your commitment to and love of cyclying.

Dulci and Claire - my MIL would call Dulci's shoes 'f**k me heels'!

All - no specific workout for me today. I'm off work all week and today I'm digging in on housework. Everything from the usual dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and cleaning bathrooms to washing windows (interior), cleaning ceiling fans, clearing clutter, polishing stainless appliances and rearranging furniture. That'll do me for today. I'll see how much of my list gets accomplished today and decide on a possible workout for tomorrow.

Cold, windy and SNOWY here in West Michigan today......brrrrr!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited November 2013

My cold and the weather are not getting any better. I didn't work today (for pay) but did some of the same kind of pre-Thanksgiving work at home Lisa Jayne did and walked the dogs as usual.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

Dulcigirl, I call those "break my dang neck shoes"....lol..but envy how they look on others. 

Thank you for the sympathy Claire. Not sure what inspires me more, your exercise regimen or your dinners...

Annie, I feel your pain, this cold sucks. I hope you turn the corner to feeling better soon. 

Badger, I LOVE snow. Unfortunately , we are going to get sleet and freezing rain here tomorrow. 

Walked two miles on the treadmill tonight before going to Costco for some holiday provisions. Pretty much out of energy now. 

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited November 2013

I ended up covering or a co-worker tonight. I turned it into exercise by shifting several shelves of books a hefty pile at a time...and making many trips across the building carrying discarded book piles. Not much, but better than sitting on the couch!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited November 2013

'taught' band today (really the director's directions that they should just have a study hall, so it was actually kind of boring). Zumba tonight.

Love the quote, Dulci!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

This is nice:

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2013

Odie I thought about going to Costco and decided I just couldn't deal with the crowd, and besides that every darned trip costs me $100Bawling Hope you had a nice relaxing day off Badger. Ruth that is a lovely picture and saying.

Tonight did Cardio Dance Party class, I just love to danceHappy

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited November 2013

BodyJam last night. Love those barrel rolls!

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

Heidi you're a star, when it comes to barrel rolls it's step together step for meLoopy

• sweetandspecial
    edited November 2013

Took time out from my chores list today and went to the gym.  Did a 3.25 walk/run on the treadmill (about half walk and half run), then some ab and back work before a good stretch.  Also spent about 45 minutes shoveling snow when I got home.

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Walked the dogs and did free weights at home plus some jumping jacks, planks, push-ups, leg lifts, crunches and squats. Back to work tomorrow ready or not.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Be careful everyone who is having bad weather (it is just cold here).

I went to Core and Pilates, where they BOTH focused on the abs.....so, no matter how much I eat on Thursday, I should still be able to zip up my jeans by the end of the day!

I went shopping for a light weight Christmasy looking sweater today. The reason why I was looking for something light is this: every December when I was in high school, our choir would sing 'The Hallelujah Chorus' at our Christmas Concert. It is really the most wonderful song to ever sing in the world, you can not help but to be swept away in the music. Anyway, every other year the high school choir & orchestra here sing parts of 'The Messiah' (of which 'The Hallelujah Chorus' is the climax), because the directors want kids to experience exceptional classical music. They also invite community members to sing and play with them (a total of about 150 people; students & community people). I always thought that would be so cool, but since the only place that I've sung in the last 30 plus years is the shower, I never did it. Well, since it is really the only thing on my 'Bucket List'; the first chance I got after the cancer experience, I signed up, went to practices, (and religiously practiced the CD at home), and sang as part of the choir in the concert. This year they are doing it again, and it will be the third time for me (and without kicking the bucket in the mean time; it is an extremely moving experience for me). Back to shopping, I needed the light sweater is that it gets extremely hot on the stage with all the people, lights etc. and I would prefer not to faint as part of the moving experience. I did find cute sweater & ended up buying a second sweater one too. I tried on a kind of blingy one just for fun, and when I came out of the dressing room, two old ladies who happened to be shopping in the store said, "Oh, you look sexy in that sweater," So, what could I do?????????? Whoo Hoo!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

Cheryl, Costco was a must as my SIL was having trouble getting the rolls so I had to check the store near my office. Took the last of my energy and could easy take my money if I had felt better.....

Went to the gym today and walked another two miles on the treadmill. Not near the intensity of my usual workouts but am trying to keep moving despite this blasted cold. 

• mcgis
    mcgis Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013

How long after your exchange did you feel OK with working out... I've only been walking since I was diagnosed. I had my exchange at the end of Oct. and I suppose I just have to listen to my body but am kind of wigged out about my implants, scars... Any advice?

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Ruth, now you know you have to post a pic of yourself in that sexy sweater, don't you?

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

First I have to find a place to actually wear it!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

Woohoo is right, it's funny about the things we put on our bucket lists, sing loud and proud Ruth you sexy beast youSmile Annie your workout sounds like my Boot Camp, I was planning on working half day tomorrow but as usual right before a holiday I've had 3 customers contact me today to tell me they are dropping jobs off to me tomorrow, lucky me now I have to work Friday - ah well I was only planning on going to the movies anyway. Lisa Jayne all that stretching got you ready for your shovel and sculptLoopy

This is my beautiful Sh'bam Body Jam instructor Jericho,(the one with the long red hair) she is in New York for a Reebok photo shoot. Ruth, taking a Body Combat class with her was on my bucket list and now I dance with her every week, except of course when she's travelling.

Oh and my big news of the day is that the wonderful Eduardo is coming to our gym on sunday morning and doing a Body Combat Master class, we are all so excited - happy, happy, happy.

Tonight did Body Combat and half a Boot Camp

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

I was just checking my emails and guess what ... I earned my first Fitbit Badge, yesterday I logged 18,000 steps so I got a 15,000 step badge, I'm up to 13,200 steps today now I feel I have to compete with myself should I get up and walk around the house for half an hour, nahhhh but this technology is amazing and creepy at the same time I thought I had to log in but it's keeping track of meSinging

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

The Twilight Zone!

I wish I was going with you to see Eduardo, Cheryl! We are going to try to walk outside & it is going to be #&^@ cold!

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

I wish you were coming to sundays class too Ruth, it's cold here at night but still lovely in the day although they say rain coming on Thursday, your WOW photo tomorrow should be interestingWinking

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited November 2013

Zumba last night. Wish I could see Eduardo, too. I think there's a Les Mills quarterly this Weekend. Will have to check on that.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited November 2013

Yes to what Annie said, photo please Ruth.

Hit the gym for advanced freestyle step this morning.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Wednesday Walkers accompanying Maddie the Husky, who thinks the temperature is just fine! No, this is not my new sexy sweater (wink).

• sweetandspecial
    edited November 2013

Walked a mile round trip on snowy roads and sidewalks to the hardware store and back.  I went to fill nail holes in some new trim and my nail hole filler stuff was hard as a rock, soooo......I figured it was a good excuse to get some fresh air!

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Walked the dogs as usual, The weather here has improved. It's in the forties with sunshine and clear blue skies, so it was a very nice walk.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

In the interest of full discloser: this is the real reason that we walk!