Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited November 2013

Ruthbru - you're my kind of gal!!!

• sweetandspecial
    edited November 2013

Add six trips down the stairs to the basement and back up to get the extra kitchen chairs for tomorrow, plus several more trips downstairs and back up for laundry and such. I never think about that but I guess they all add up, huh?

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited November 2013

Forecast for my Turkey Trot tomorrow - 23 degrees with 20 mph winds. Just a tad nippy! It's a dog friendly run so I'd registered Mikey but that's just just too cold for the little guy even in his doggie coat. Ruth, maybe I could borrow Maddie??

DH is hanging in there - starting to back off pain meds a bit as he recovers. It's been a quiet week to say the least.

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited November 2013

Hello ladies, i havent exercised these past few days ....shame on me.  My mind was all over the place, busy with Dr appts, MRI n biopsy cus MRI found  new lump less than 1 cm mass on my cancer breast.   My MO called me today, its a benign....phew.......phew.... and I will have MX surgery on Dec 4, so will be no exercise for a while :(

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited November 2013

Thank goodness it was benign!!! Whew, indeed!

I did Zumba tonight. That is SO fun!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am very grateful for you guys & this thread, and am very glad that you all are part of my life!!! ThumbsUp

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2013

Soriya so glad the lump was benign, whew as if you don't have enough on your mind with your upcoming surgery. Mary enjoy your 'Turkey Trot' glad that DH is on the mend. Lisa Jayne up and down the stairs is indeed counted, all movement counts. Ruth brrrrr you deserve those after walk goodies.

This morning did my Sh'bam class and tonight a pre Thanksgiving 90 minute Spin class.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited November 2013

hi all and welcome mcgis.  I didn't have recon so no post-exchange experience but wanted to encourage you to keep walking.  I started walking (and keeping track with a $5 pedometer) two weeks after BMX and have logged more than 4,000 miles since then!  Walking helped me get through chemo.  Even though I skipped some days, I always felt better if I moved a little, even if only to get the mail.  Please listen to your body and your doctor, and check out a thread I'll bump 4u re: guidelines for safe exercise for those of us with or at-risk for lymphedema.

soriya, glad that lump is B9!

LB, was thinking of you the past few days as I was reading a book written by a British journalist (pseudonym Alex Marwood) that's chock-full of British slang.  Hope you and DH are hanging in there (American slang LOL).

Ruth, love the sweater story and the pix.  "There will be pie." 

Cheryl, have fun with the wonderful Eduardo on Sunday. Winking 

Mary, good luck @ Turkey Trot.  Sending warm thoughts to you and DH.

Yesterday, I signed up for a 5K Polar Run/Walk in Dec to benefit St. Jude Children's Hospital. 

OK exercise - Monday I walked my 2.5 mile route in fresh-fallen snow.  Amazingly beautiful and quiet.  Tues was date night and went out for margies and mex.  Weds hit the indoor track for an hour.  Logged 10.04 km = 6.24 miles since last post. 

Dinner with family this afternoon.  Thankful for many things including this site and all of you!  ♥ to all

• sweetandspecial
    edited November 2013

After getting the turkey in the roaster I shoveled the driveway (again) for about 30 minutes.  Not sure what else I'll get in today but did feel good about getting outside to shovel.

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. This morning got my butt to the gym and did am amazing Spin class, I can officially eat now and I can eat LOTSWinking

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited November 2013

The Turkey Trot 5k was great - cold but crisp and clear. It felt so good to get out for some fresh air and exercise.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Sculpted Sisters - long timers and newbies! So thankful to be a part of such a fabulous group!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited November 2013

Oh, ladies.... been reading and lurking but not posting. I sure had a weird week after I whacked my head... seems like all I did was sleep! (Or maybe that was just a great excuse...)

Have really enjoyed the pics - but more importantly, the friendship and motivation I see here daily.

I am thankful for ALL of you!!! Happy Thanksgiving....

xoxoxoxo

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Blessings!!

Caught some sort of crud that's going around, so stayed home by myself with a fever and no voice. Sad

BUT I avoided the caloric temptation!! HappyAND the Lions won!!ThumbsUp

Here's hoping the family brings me a little ham and pumpkin pie....

So thankful for all of you inspiring, dedicated and just plain FUN ladies!!!

• sweetandspecial
    edited November 2013

Blessings - hmmmm, slept a lot, huh?  Did you by any chance hit your head hard enough to cause a concussion? 

Dulci - so sad you got sick too!  Hope you feel better soon.

Hope everyone had a great day.  I only had 13 for dinner today instead of the usual 18 to 20 but still spent the whole morning in the kitchen.  The guys all went hunting in late afternoon and will be home for leftovers and poker soon.  Blessings to all!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited November 2013

Lisa, back in the day we often had twenty or more for Thanksgiving. The past few years, just five: me, my husband & son, my dad & mother in law. But if you are the cook, no matter how small the crowd, you have to cook just as many dishes. Everyone expects their traditional faves. So I cooked a lot and ate too much, but did go out for a walk with DH and the dogs afterward.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2013

I am late to this party after a day of work followed by a run in the fog. As doing solo, game hens which I stuffed with a traditional stuffing and are now in the oven. Made cranberry sauce, and just slew a butternut squash. Still have potatoes and sprouts. Plus a bottle of wonderful Abbinare wine.

I am doing a baked apple for dessert. I realize not traditional, but what I feel like having.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Feel better Dulci. Was there a few weeks ago. - Claire

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

Dulcigirl, hope you feel better soon. Still fighting the crud here so have only been doing 2 mile walks and didn't even get that today. 

But I wanted to pop in to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and say how thankful I am for the support and friendship...Hugs!!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited November 2013

Badger, Wicked Girls?

Pink Ribbon Pilates yesterday.

Afterwards, I baked a 3 bird roast (turkey, duck and chicken in a rolled roast) and 2 pumpkin pies. DH tired a very tiny bit of pie filling on the end of a teaspoon and could taste the pumpkin and the tiny bit of whipped cream too. First actual food in his mouth for nearly 4 weeks. Off to see his onc this morning at the hospital and first I'm going to drive our son into town/school because his book bag is very heavy and he want's to study for chemistry.

Nice to read everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving and now onto Black Friday online shopping.Winking

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Glad DH got a tiny taste of the Thanksgiving fare!

We had a fun time with DH's family; visited, played games, and ate like crazy. Now back to normal. I am putting up the Christmas decorations today and staying OUT of the stores!

• Fallleaves
    Fallleaves Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013

I managed to get out into the cold and do a 6 mile run this morning, which I hope makes up for the pumpkin pie I ate for breakfast Happy!

• badger
    edited November 2013

hi all and welcome Fallleaves!  Walked a leisurely mile yesterday afternoon in sunny 30-degree "warmth" as a constitutional following a yummy traditional meal.  Got to see my almost-four YO niece.  We were bald together, me from chemo and she from being newly born.  I like to keep tabs on her hair LOL. 

Took today off work and am avoiding retail outlets.  DH found a box of old paperbacks in the basement last night so am settling in with Isaac Asimov's Foundation (c) 1951 / reprinted in 1983.  Will walk later, if not outdoors then at the indoor track, it's open 3-9 today.

LB, yes The Wicked Girls.  What a good read!  Interesting social commentary, lots of suspense, and I never saw the plot twist coming at the end.  I've heard that three-bird roast referred to as turducken (turkey, duck, chicken).  So glad your DH got a taste of my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner - pumpkin pie & whipped cream.

Speaking of which, there's pie in the fridge just calling my name...   ♥

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

LB so glad your DH got to take a bite, hope the onc visit goes well. Fallenleaves welcome, pumpkin is a vegetable so really you had vegetable for breakfastWinking Badger it's fun to read something from the past, I just read Neville Shutes 'Trustee from the Toolroom' written back in 1960 and absolutely loved it, it's fun to remember times before all of the technology we have today, mind you I wouldn't want to go back cause I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet all of youHappy

I got up early and went to do a Spin class with the girl who subbed yesterday, darn it the class was full and the wait list was full she is obviously very popular at her hime gym so I came back to my gym and did a Spin class there, now it's back to my Thanksgiving hosts place for lunch, we all go back on day two for leftovers and help put her house back in order, then it's off to work for a couple of hours so no retail for me either.

• Fallleaves
    Fallleaves Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013

Thanks for the welcome Badger and hbCheryl! (I like your thinking on vegetables, Cheryl....)

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Welcome Falleaves!

Did an hour of spot toning with Denise Austin, now back to work on the Christmas decorating, although I might have to take a 'vegetables' with some coffee break before long (wink).

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited November 2013

No black Friday for me, just clear blue skies and bright sunshine - took an extra long walk with the DH and the dogs and did strength training at the gym.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited November 2013

We started our Thanksgiving cooking early (Tuesday) so yesterday was just a matter of making a few dishes, and heating up others. It was just DH and me... and it was our first completely gluten-free Thanksgiving! Everything was yummy.

We went for a walk in the morning, a walk after dinner, and after that, while there was still just enough light, I raked my trees. Seriously - the gardener was coming today and I wanted as many leaves on the ground as I could get so HE could rake them up, not me.

Funny - even through my sluggish behavior of the past week, I'd lost two pounds this morning. MORE PIE FOR ME!!!!!! SillyHeart

• sweetandspecial
    edited November 2013

No retail race for me today - I have never been the least bit tempted to do the Black Friday thing.  Shoveled the driveway again this morning, about 40 minutes worth.  Then spent about an hour and a half cleaning the garage (DH (whom I truly love very, very much) has a very bad habit of NEVER putting anything away).  I wanted to get things put away, hung up or otherwise out of the way for the winter.  Pushed the mower into a back corner and dragged the snowblower to the front and used my leaf blower to clean the floor (it works marvelously, by the way, and much quicker than sweeping!).  Plus all sorts of straightening up and such, with a few WTF!s thrown in at the level of mess that accumulated since I spent hours and hours cleaning in October while DH was in Colorado hunting!

Leftovers for dinner tonight in the form of turkey and biscuits....one of our faves.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

Welcome Falleaves. Blessings, wtg on losing two pounds during the holiday. Lilacblue, glad DH could enjoy a bite .. Hopefully he will get back to enjoying all kinds of food soon. Lisa Jayne, I have a hubby like that too and sympathize. 

Skipped the crazy shopping today instead taking a 5mile brisk walk. Not back to running yet as I am still congested but will work back up to it soon.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2013

I had another work day today, but got out for a run and was rewarded with seeing a baby seal!

Making a dinner of leftover game hen and trying to successfully roast Brussels sprouts. I am just finishing up Stalk 1 of 2, so need a good recipe or two. My last attempt was a major burnt offering. I looked up the "how to's" online first this time.

I ate yesterday's baked apple today for lunch with cream. Wow, was that ever delish.

I think time for a trip to the dumpster with BS stalk and other stuff that is cluttering up the works. Onto dinner.....thank goodness, I am making headway, but haven't worked this much over Thanksgiving in DECADES!!! - Claire

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited November 2013

Blech…so full. Hit the trails Thursday and Friday but I'm certain that the exercise did not even make a dent in the binge I had. I not only fell off the wagon, the wagon then ran over me several times before rolling away. Traditional Thanksgiving feast, then a Shabbat/Chanukah dinner with latkes and fresh Challah, followed by warm sugar cookies (yes SUGAR) and leftover pie. Oh…my…

LB so happy to hear that your dh is on the mend.

• badger
    edited November 2013

mmmm latkes!  Worth every calorie.  Happy Hanukkah, SAB!

Walked for an hour last night.  Haircut this morning, will get to the track this afternoon.