Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2013

I am off for a RUN....had to bag the ride today. I turned the corner and could see the storm literally "blowing in". So about to get hammered with sidewise rain. All this is better if doing a run. So only about a mile of cycling, and that was sheltered.

(We are on the back end of that storm hitting the Cascades and Rockies.)

A change of shoes, tights, and jacket, and off I go. I did get the lights on my bicycle so ready for next weekend's adventures.

Not nearly as good exercise as a long bicycle ride, but much better than the couch potato route...... It's so much fun looking at the waves when the sea is angry.

BTW....I highly recommend pumpkin custard for breakfast. It is cold now, and even better than when fresh from the oven. - Claire

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited November 2013

Love the pictures, Dulci!

Lisa, I hate the new emotions too. I find that I rarely use them because they are just too bizarre.....like what is this suppose to mean? Loopy

Yum on the leftover pumpkin custard!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited November 2013

Ah, so much catching up to do...means that you are all working out a whole bunch!

Friday I celebrated the end of the week at the gym with treadmill, elliptical and stationary bike.

Saturday 8 mile hike through some lovely terrain.

This was our third try to reach the waterfall in this state park! (We got lost the other two times.) Yay!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Another beautiful picture!

Did a FIRM DVD called Rock It Off.....combination of cardio & sculpting.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited November 2013

phooey...no walk for me today! Just hiding out waiting for the severe weather to pass and hoping we don't lose power or actually have a tornado that we are on "watch" for.

I don't know the definition of Loopy, but I know exactly what sound that face makes!! Lol.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited November 2013

Dulci: Your dog picture is priceless! I would love to join you on your winter walk anytime.

SAB: So glad you found the waterfall - it's beautiful.

I walked/ran at the park this afternoon. Very humid. My heart goes out to the people in the Philippines and also to everyone affected by today's storms in the Midwest.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited November 2013

Dulci, ditto what Wonderland said: I love the dog and deer photo too!

Lisa, thank you! I've had my hair trimmed twice and will have it trimmed again this week.

I removed the Arimidex threads from my favorites, also the rads and chemo threads. That way I can check in on them anytime I want to, but I don't feel compelled to check in every time there's an update. Just the way I'm wired I guess, but it helps my frame of mind to keep looking forward and focus on positive things I can do now to live a healthier lifestyle. When I don't focus on the Arimidex, it seems to me that my side effects are minimal, although I know I have some joint stiffness and cognitive difficulties. When I spend too much time on those forums, I start to feel like I'm worse off than I really am. So I'm most active on the Wednesday Weigh In forum and this one these days.

Today I did double dog walking. I went for a too-warm afternoon walk with Penny the Vizsla, who's afraid to go out after dark. Then DH and I walked by the light of the full moon tonight with Gypsy & Zoe, whose coats are too heavy to walk on a hot sunny afternoon. Gotta love South Texas.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2013

Yesterday early morning, I saw the moon setting over the Olympic Mountains......just stunning. Skin is tingling from my time outside in the rain and wind today. Saw my last summer roses when I did my run.

Other fun thing was the church bazaar. Students from Roosevelt High School played. Roosevelt routinely wins the Ellington Competition in NYC. So a small jazz combo. They were amazing, especially the girl bassist. Other than that, I chatted with some of the people I don't see that often as slide into the early service. And caught up with one of my friends.

Can't wait to heat up the soup and have with herb rolls from a local bakery. YUM....and much needed as still blustery out there.

Thinking I might poach a couple of pears as realize they will need eating soon. - Claire

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2013

Claire I agree the moon was spectacular, the dog woke me up at 5.30am which he now believes is his new breakfast time and I was watching the moon through the kitchen window, is was glorious. Dulci the dog picture is precious and the snow one looks like a picture postcard. SAB congrats on finding the waterfall, it was worth the hike - gorgeous.

This morning did Body Step class, then made a quick stop at the mall then to a friends birthday party, of course cake was involvedWinking

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited November 2013

Love the dog and deer picture! And the waterfall picture - that's a hike worth taking for a scenic payoff like that. Dulci and anyone else in the Mid West - hope you got through the storms OK - some of the pictures from Illinois are heartbreaking.

Lots of leaf raking, gutter cleaning, and errands this weekend. DH's wrist surgery is scheduled for Friday morning, so trying to get as much done as I can before then as I'll be on full-time post-surgical care duties after Friday. Scared

Pilates and Lebed DVDs this morning.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited November 2013

Group class at the gym this morning called F.A.S.T. (flexability, agility, strength training). Each week (M/W/F) is a different routine encompassing a total body workout. Had a higher than usual level of cardio today, she was really pushing us and we didn't get many breathers. It's a tough workout, she uses moves from all the stuff you see on TV (Insanity, P90X, etc) plus anything else wild and crazy she dreams up. I can typically smell my own stink within 10 minutes (eew!) so I know I'm working hard. Tomorrow is treadmill and stair climber day.

• Dulcigirl
    edited November 2013

thanks, Natsfan,

We had horrible winds for the last 24 hours, but no tornado here. We lost power at 9pm last night and there is such widespread outage they don't even have an estimate for restoration. The wind seems to be letting up a bit now. Our house is all electric with geothermal heat. So when we are out...we are OUT!! Just sitting in the dark now, wrapped in blankets waiting to go to sleep. I didn't sleep last night because I was quite sure the roof was going to blow off!! But other than a bit of siding I have not seen any damage and I'm so sad for those who have lost so much!!! We're used to power outage and treat it like a pioneer adventure but I worry about the electrical workers...

Stay warm, girls!!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

Dulcigirl, glad to hear you made it thru the storms ok and hope the power/heat are restored soon. My heart breaks for everyone who lost so much. Love the dog and deer photo. Reminds me when I found my German Shepard nose to nose with one at the chain link fence. 

Love the waterfall, definitely worth the hike. 

Did several miles on the Elliptical tonight plus weights. 

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Glad you are OK, Dulci!

This afternoon, I had my last checkup with my wonderful retiring GP. It was very emotional, as he really has been my counselor & advocate through so much. I am still feeling kind of teary-eyed & unsettled tonight. Whaaaaa........

Did Zumba, and am now trying to stay away from the chocolate/caramel swirl ice cream that my evil DH brought home!!!!

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Dulci, I hope your power is restored soon and am glad you are OK.

Ruth, so sad that you are losing your GP. I love mine too and I expect he'll probably be retiring soon as he's in his seventies. I just saw him for my annual physical last week.

I went to the gym today and did my version of endurance training/circuit training on the weight machines. Also walked the dogs of course.

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

Dulci so glad you are okay, it is so sad to see such devastation. Ruth I went to the doctors today as well, I went to get my flu shot, had a cancer burned off my face again and was hoping he was going to sign me off Femara, no he wouldn't do it, he's sending me back to the oncologist for the sign off sheesh.... Mary please give your DH my best wishes, I know he'll have a couple of great nurses between you and Mikey. Lisa Jayne that workout sounds fun to me.

This morning I did my Sh'bam class and tonight did Spin.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

Well, I ate about half the carton of that ice cream so am feeling a little better.....and a little worse! Loopy

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

ahhh Ruth give yourself a break, every now and again a girls best friend is a bowl of ice creamNerdy

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

If it had only been ONE bowl......

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited November 2013

I had to go turn the TV on with the talk about devastation--too wrapped up in my own world here. glad that everyone is safe.

The dog picture was a hoot. And my animals are all bugging me at 5:30 too. It's the time change, right? Their internal clocks are off (so is mine.) The other shot made me miss the snow, just beautiful!

Managed to squeak a 4 mile walk in Sunday. Today I had to forgo some of my precious gym time to practice a long and boring presentation I have to learn.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited November 2013

Dulci - so glad to hear you came through OK. Hope you can stay warm till the power comes back on. Ruth - my sin last night was that bowl of mint chocolate ice cream - I mean, the carton was almost empty anyway so I just HAD to finish it off. Nerdy (That's actually not too bad of an icon - I may use that one more often.)

30 minutes on the elliptical this morning.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited November 2013

Been very lazy nursing a headcold. Stopped carrying my fitbit around, but it's back in my pocket today, and I will go for a walk today at lunch. But haven't been to the gym in over a week. Bad Pat. Have choir practice this evening, but tomorrow after work will be gym day - Thanksgiving is just around the corner!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited November 2013

Well, I whacked my head really good on a wire closet shelf - hit me just above my left eye. Hurt so bad I was sobbing. DH got me an ice pack and I kept that on my forehead - off and on for a few hours. I also used Arnica gel, so there really isn't much to see in the way of a big goose egg, or bruising.

But I can't make any facial expressions without it hurting! DH laughed and said I was like Joan Rivers (with Botox). Three days later and I still have a headache.....

OF COURSE, I can't exercise in this condition!!!! Loopy Call the WAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!!

But tomorrow I'm making bread pudding for a potluck, so I'd better get my butt in gear somehow.... I'm still wearing my pedometer on my PJs, but not racking up many steps.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited November 2013

Body balance at the gym this morning.

Liked the dog/deer photo Dulci and good for getting to the waterfall SAB. Blessings take good care.

• AnnieLane
    edited November 2013

Blessings, Ouch!

Pat01, I have a head cold too. Walked the dogs and that'll be it for today.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited November 2013

I was bad today and turned my alarm off. Some days are just like that. Gym bag was packed as always but just couldn't drag myself up outa the heavy sleep zone today. But......I don't use the elevator at work and am up and down two floors worth of steps several times a day at a minimum.

Blessings - love the 'WAAAAAAMBULANCE' comment, you're too funny!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2013

I will have to remember the WAAAAAAMULANCE, great!

I subbed today & certainly earned my money.....the morning started off with a kid throwing up all over Sick(in this case the green face is totally appropriate) and ended with a big surly kid saying something mean to a girl, who must have a hair-trigger temper and not much sense, because she responded by swearing at him (loudly & I mean swearing...using a word that rhymes with 'duck').....so I got to do some after school 'counseling' with the two of them before I went home. Geez! Too bad I have walking in the morning & a periodontist appointment in afternoon, so I won't be able to sub tomorrow (I need the 'wink' emotion back).

I did 45 minutes of toning with Denise Austin & walked on the treadmill for 30 when I got home.

• Dulcigirl
    edited November 2013

You all are so sweet! And TOTALLY HILARIOUS!! We love the Waaaaaambulance. In fact, I think it's parked in our driveway at the moment. Latest estimated power restoration is SATURDAY!!!

WAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!!!!!

We did get a generator hooked up an hour ago. We now have an electric heater, a lamp, and internet. Lol!!! Priorities. (My vote was to plug in water for a shower and flushing, but apparently we need an electrician for that. The fridge seems to be a total loss already. Some of it might be ok. But I don't want to risk it. Sick

Oh, ruth!!! I taught kindergarten for several years and was thrown up on more than once. I'd take a walk tomorrow, too!!!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2013

Blessings, ouch! Hope you feel better soon. And Pat, hope your head cold clears up soon. 

Hit the gym for 30 minutes on the Elliptical today plus weights. 

• hbcheryl
    edited November 2013

Blessings ouch, take two bowls of ice cream and call me in the morningWinking Ruth you deserve some ice cream as well... I got a call from my young Vietnamese friend this morning, his Mum is here visiting from Vietnam and he wanted to introduce her to a couple of his friends so I went to Little Saigon and had a wonderful lunch yumm it was delicious. LB hope your DH is on the upswing. (((Joy))) thinking of you.

Tonight did Body Step although I felt really tired and didn't give my all.